Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

11 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Do you think Sheldon has been watching British TV

We know he watches British TV.

He stated as much in The Higgs Boson Observation.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

They don't even fit in that bed.  They look so uncomfortable.

Sheldon needs to be back at his desk.  How can TWO academics live without a single desk???

Same size bed as all the other couples. Unless Penny's bedroom magically grows in size there is no way you could fit a bigger bed. Same for Lenny. Not enough room logistically speaking. Most (not all) apartments fit a queen size bed but not much bigger... lap tops and white boards? 

• Like 3

I took time to process all of this new information because some of it was just too real for me...

But after thinking it through, I don't think this is gonna be such a bad episode. Obviously some parts upset me. I don't like the Sheldon is a jerk/ Amy is sarcastic dynamic (none of us do) and I really thought that we'd never see this again, but that was just wishful thinking.

I don't wanna talk about the snake gift because... I just don't... (I hope Amy kept it though). 

Beverly is just the worst... obviously she knows what she's talking about, she is an accomplished psychologist (?), well either way, she usually knows her stuff, but I think she's well out of order here. I suppose we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

I do think Shamy have the sort of relationship where they constantly need affirmation about their feelings, and that's not bad. Obviously that means they'll always have these sweet moments where they talk about their feelings and we get to see it, but it also means whenever either one of them says the wrong thing, it'll hurt someone's feelings.

Whenever we think it's gonna be a bad episode, it usually isn't. I'm always hopeful. 

Edited by Riley7
typo
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Sah said:

Same size bed as all the other couples. Unless Penny's bedroom magically grows in size there is no way you could fit a bigger bed. Same for Lenny. Not enough room logistically speaking. Most (not all) apartments fit a queen size bed but not much bigger... lap tops and white boards? 

I'm almost certain Howardette's bed is bigger but maybe it just looks like that because Bernie is so tiny... lol

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Sah said:

Sheldon is a head taller than Leonard and Howard.  His bed was bigger than Penny's.

Sheldon's desk was important to him and he used it a lot.  Dug into the drawers frequently.  Laptops are great, but they're not a substitute for a desk.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, April said:

I'm almost certain Howardette's bed is bigger but maybe it just looks like that because Bernie is so tiny... lol

Howie is too :)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, nusspot said:

Ha! I'm starting to think she has a thing for Gollum.

Amy doesn't like the name Gollum.

She told Sheldon it was "not acceptable", as a pet name for her.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Sheldon is a head taller than Leonard and Howard.  His bed was bigger than Penny's.

Sheldon's bed bigger??? The tiny one where his head would hit the head board while his feet would hang out at the same time. THAT BED!?!? LMAO

1 minute ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Sheldon's desk was important to him and he used it a lot.  Dug into the drawers frequently.  Laptops are great, but they're not a substitute for a desk.

But they also didn't have another table in the apartment where he could work. Now he can sit at the table. Their stuff is stored in the shelves around the apartment. I'm sure he has everything he needs.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Amy doesn't like the name Gollum.

She told Sheldon it was "not acceptable", as a pet name for her.

I think it was Mayim who was being spoken about and not Amy.

• Like 2

The desks thing is actually the one thing that drives me absolutely nuts. I'm sorry but I agree that there is no way two academics can make do with a (small) kitchen table. Having said that, there's space in the area we never see, where the painting was hanging, to fit desks, I think. Not as large as in 4B, but if you get rid of the TV stand by hanging the TV on the wall, you can probably fit one desk there and one desk by the side of the door.

As for Beverly... she's totally a phoney. I know BBT exaggerates professions for laughs but she's literally the further thing from even a remotely realistic psychiatrist as you can get. Let alone a successful one. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, koops said:

The desks thing is actually the one thing that drives me absolutely nuts. I'm sorry but I agree that there is no way two academics can make do with a (small) kitchen table. Having said that, there's space in the area we never see, where the painting was hanging, to fit desks, I think. Not as large as in 4B, but if you get rid of the TV stand by hanging the TV on the wall, you can probably fit one desk there and one desk by the side of the door.

I said this back when I was wondering about their books: I'd love to have a plot where they rearrange the 4th with proper bookshelves and at least one desk to work on. We wouldn't need to see it but at least we'd know it there and everything is in its place. :D

1 minute ago, koops said:

As for Beverly... she's totally a phoney. I know BBT exaggerates professions for laughs but she's literally the further thing from even a remotely realistic psychiatrist as you can get. Let alone a successful one. 

I really liked when they had Dr. Gallo on and one of the first things she said was that she doesn't agree one bit with Beverly. So I guess it's save to say that even in TBBT land her reputation among psychiatrists is questionable at best.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, koops said:

Just popping in to say... I am kind of unexcited (is that even a word?) by the last four episodes (aired and taped), but I honestly find the whole Beverly stuff in this one to be complete BS on every possible level. 

First of all, there was absolutely NO need to pull out pop psychology crap to explain why Sheldon's still attached to his old room. Sheldon has been canonically resistant to change forever, and is clearly written as somewhere on the spectrum. It is perfectly logical for him not to want his room to be given away or changed, regardless of whether he uses it or not. Remember the parking spot? Same thing. 

I honestly cannot stand Beverly when they portray her as this authority on psychology/psychiatrist because she IS NOT. She is absolutely dreadful, none of her claims, unlike the other scientific claims on the show, have any basis in anything but Freudian theory that has been dismissed by most of academic neuroscience and psychology for decades, and the rest is the kind of pop-analysis even Theodore could pull off better than she does. 

However, I think the point in the end is precisely that Beverly was wrong in her assessment. Sheldon is stressed out and restless at the idea that she might be right, but if she were right he would know she is. As soon as Amy provides HER explanation (based on a much more thorough understanding of Sheldon and, let's be honest, a more solid scientific background) he calms down immediately. So Sheldon does not see himself "trapped" in the relationship, he only has a contingency plan in the back of his mind in case things go badly, but "things go badly" does not mean when he gets fed up with Amy, it means that he's already experienced a breakup once and is probably subconsciously still recovering from that. He was worried s***less earlier on this season when he thought Amy was keeping a secret from him that it could be something bad. Amy's clearly not upset at Sheldon for what has happened, and she's totally right. Don't freaking listen to Beverly! 

One thing that did make me go "WTF" is that it seems to me like the gang, not Sheldon, was the one having disproportionately negative reactions to his behavior. He tried to be nice to Raj, the journal was a nice gesture, Sheldon has said far more clueless and rude things in the past, yet THIS is what gets everyone mad at him? I also didn't like Leonard mocking Sheldon's difficulty with empathy by making that joke about Amy getting the medication right. I don't know, it all seemed unnecessarily cruel to me, especially after that emotion detector episode that has clarified more than anything before that Sheldon is somewhere on the spectrum.

As for Mayim... I'm sorry but all she did was post some fun photos from set. I think if you choose to read extra stuff into it and then get disappointed that they don't come true, it's not her fault. She's a self-confessed nerd and has stated she loves all the props on set. Plus, that Gollum figurine has been on that bookcase for a while now. 

I concur to everything you said in this post. Two thumbs up...

28 minutes ago, April said:

I'd love to have a plot where they rearrange the 4th with proper bookshelves and at least one desk to work on.

Don't they have a desk, on the raised area in front of the window?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Don't they have a desk, on the raised area in front of the window?

We're talking about Shamy's apartment.

• Like 1

Some other bloopers, from Mayim's FB account, if that doesn't make it to the S. 10 DVD Reel Gags, I'll be really mad!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

My apologies for insisting about the desks issue but I think they are not strictly necessary for a scientist or science worker do a good job if they need to work at home. People adjust their needs to the free space they have for them and it is impossible to most of people to have the ideal conditions at work place than they are able to  have them at home as they need to work on in a most demanding project out of work schedule. Similarity we could find in two common examples: the children who have a bedroom for themselves and the children who have to share them with their sibblings or the students who have space for have a desk at home and the students who only have study conditions in a public library. All of them may develop healthy and being suceed if they adjust well their needs to the conditions they  have. As Sheldon  would be focused on his work tasks he had to work on at home, he could do them sucessfully even in kitchen island of his place if it was the only avaiable spot for that! As Amy could use her microscope as it is on cofee table and she sat on couch if she needs to work on it not having space for a desk at this moment in her and Sheldon's place.

When people wants much do something, they make it go :)

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Some other bloopers, from Mayim's FB account, if that doesn't make it to the S. 10 DVD Reel Gags, I'll be really mad!

They have so much fun together as they perform these characters! Love their friendship! <3

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Awww cuties!! :D

This season better have a ton of MaJim bloopers - it's been such a fun season so far and they spend so much more time together than last season.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Aimelabhaoise said:

I know  Jim claims they where laughing during the take, but they did 2 takes and both times laughed at the end after they'd said their lines! So I'm not sure if it'll count as a blooper? Still it was funny so hopefully we get to see it!

They did this with S9 actually where the only real Shamy-related blooper was the similarly teasing "You know it's a few hours until my bed time..." and Mayim and Jim cracked up after the scene. So fingers crossed! :D

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

My Shamy thoughts from last night--

I enjoyed the opening in bed with Amy insisting on no superhero statues in the apartment. Gotta draw the line somewhere...I liked it even more that Sheldon ultimately gets the Batman--did he wear Amy down or was there a compromise somewhere?

I probably didnt do a good job of describing it in the TR, but it was cute how Sheldon smacks Amy with the mail in the stairwell scene. Amy no doubt earlier told Sheldon to toss the junkmail, and when Leonard sarcastically told him the "Occupant" mail was in fact his Sheldon looked proud as if he had been right all along, and that it was a close call when amy told him to throw it away. It was funny!

Shamy are both finding some of the jabs aimed at Sheldon by the gang, and in particular from Leonard, are tiresome episode after episode. Nonetheless I still laughed at the medication jokes.

I didnt care for the spring snakes anniversary gift revelation. Im sure he was only being funny (like playing a prank with Leonards coffee, or the pie in the face prank in Mars) but the fact Amy shared the info with Penny showed she didnt think it was funny.

I like Amy reflecting on Sheldons room and her first ILY there, even if Sheldon did kind of ruin it for her by correcting her. 

Sheldon was an ass to Raj when he embarraased him with the humiliation comments but I dont think he intended to be one. I also dont think he was deliberately tossing Amy under the bus--he had that silly "haha just sharing some info" look on his face.

I liked how Amy reigned in her emotions after initially reacting to Bevs Skype conversation. She wasnt having any of Beverlys psyche babble and in the end talked a very nervous Sheldon down from the roof. Yay for Amy!

I wonder what Sheldon did or said to get that huge Batman into 4B lol. Maybe it was a concession by Amy for blowing off ComicCon? Just got tired of the topic? Shes a sport and domestic Shamy continues to be cute!

Thank you so much for taking the time to create this taping report. I am glad you had fun and I am insanely jealous!

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

We know he watches British TV.

He stated as much in The Higgs Boson Observation.

That explains the sexual innuendo joke and Amy's response. She's picked it up too. I love it ! It makes up for the American jokes and references I don't understand. LOL

• Like 2

From TBBT You Tube Channel...These two kill me..

• Like 8

My Shamy thoughts from last night--
I enjoyed the opening in bed with Amy insisting on no superhero statues in the apartment. Gotta draw the line somewhere...I liked it even more that Sheldon ultimately gets the Batman--did he wear Amy down or was there a compromise somewhere?
I probably didnt do a good job of describing it in the TR, but it was cute how Sheldon smacks Amy with the mail in the stairwell scene. Amy no doubt earlier told Sheldon to toss the junkmail, and when Leonard sarcastically told him the "Occupant" mail was in fact his Sheldon looked proud as if he had been right all along, and that it was a close call when amy told him to throw it away. It was funny!
Shamy are both finding some of the jabs aimed at Sheldon by the gang, and in particular from Leonard, are tiresome episode after episode. Nonetheless I still laughed at the medication jokes.
I didnt care for the spring snakes anniversary gift revelation. Im sure he was only being funny (like playing a prank with Leonards coffee, or the pie in the face prank in Mars) but the fact Amy shared the info with Penny showed she didnt think it was funny.
I like Amy reflecting on Sheldons room and her first ILY there, even if Sheldon did kind of ruin it for her by correcting her. 
Sheldon was an ass to Raj when he embarraased him with the humiliation comments but I dont think he intended to be one. I also dont think he was deliberately tossing Amy under the bus--he had that silly "haha just sharing some info" look on his face.
I liked how Amy reigned in her emotions after initially reacting to Bevs Skype conversation. She wasnt having any of Beverlys psyche babble and in the end talked a very nervous Sheldon down from the roof. Yay for Amy!
I wonder what Sheldon did or said to get that huge Batman into 4B lol. Maybe it was a concession by Amy for blowing off ComicCon? Just got tired of the topic? Shes a sport and domestic Shamy continues to be cute!

Thanks so much, it's good to hear your thought from watching it :)
I'm really glad it was Any who calmed him down and talked to him and Amy's method worked .....not Beverlys !
You felt everything was fine by the end, drama resolved ok ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6