Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

24 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Thanks so much, it's good to hear your thought from watching it :)
I'm really glad it was Any who calmed him down and talked to him and Amy's method worked .....not Beverlys !
You felt everything was fine by the end, drama resolved ok ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Sheldon was in a good place, though Amy was grossed out by being the "dessert" in his apocalyptic menu. She didnt look all too thrilled for being in the batcave in the tag either lol

• Like 9

Yeah Sheldon was in a good place, though Amy was grossed out by being the "dessert" in his apocalyptic menu. She didnt look all too thrilled for being in the batcave in the tag either lol

Lol thank you !

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

Nice episode overall, it was funny, but  it confirmed my opinion that this second half of the season is not as strong and hilarious as the first part. There were things I liked about Shamy (and about Sheldon and Amy) and things I wasn't very fond of.

I loved Amy's scenes with Penny, their relationship is much better and balanced and I can really say they are friends now. I also liked she was firm in not wanting to go to SDCC with Sheldon, it's not "her" thing and it's only right she spoke her mind with her boyfriend about that. What I didn't like, though, is that it seemed she half-expected Sheldon to give up to CC once his friends decided to not go to stay with their SO. It seemed to me she was (as it has happened in the past) comparing her relationship with the idea of "romance" she got from her girl friends' relationships. Now, obviously SDCC is the kind of event you don't go by yourself, so maybe that had a part in her expectations about his giving up to the convention too, but I got the vibe she wanted him to behave like Howard and Leonard.

Shamy were nicely in the background, the lines Sheldon said about them to be honest with each other were hilarious, even if I wouldn't call it "honesty" to underline that a mole is a mole (we waited until E. 17 to have a reference to Amy's hair, way to go, writers!) and a jerk is a jerk, LOL!  

As for the tag, after having seen the whole scene, there's no way Sheldon didn't know what he was doing, the dialogue from the get go implied he was trying to lure Amy into going to SDCC with him using seduction of some form. So, actually, it is a step forward from the "oblivious" Sheldon kind of jokes. Still not a fan of the fact the writers continue to use this kind of innuendos that don't lead to anything, but at least it looks like they are kinda moving from their old jokes and the scene in itself was hilarious.

I , too, liked he Penny/Amy scene and I especially liked Amy referring to herself as being the cool one now lol. I think we all discussed it here when the TR came out, but watching the full episode had me feel a bit bittersweet when all the guys weighed in at the end and decided to skip CC. Please please writers don't let the guys grow up...I was happy Sheldon stood his ground.

The expression on Sheldon's face in that tag reminded me of the one he used when luring Amy into having a glass of brandy lol....he knew what he was doing then as he did tonight in that tag!

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Nice episode overall, it was funny, but  it confirmed my opinion that this second half of the season is not as strong and hilarious as the first part. There were things I liked about Shamy (and about Sheldon and Amy) and things I wasn't very fond of.

I loved Amy's scenes with Penny, their relationship is much better and balanced and I can really say they are friends now. I also liked she was firm in not wanting to go to SDCC with Sheldon, it's not "her" thing and it's only right she spoke her mind with her boyfriend about that. What I didn't like, though, is that it seemed she half-expected Sheldon to give up to CC once his friends decided to not go to stay with their SO. It seemed to me she was (as it has happened in the past) comparing her relationship with the idea of "romance" she got from her girl friends' relationships. Now, obviously SDCC is the kind of event you don't go by yourself, so maybe that had a part in her expectations about his giving up to the convention too, but I got the vibe she wanted him to behave like Howard and Leonard.

Shamy were nicely in the background, the lines Sheldon said about them to be honest with each other were hilarious, even if I wouldn't call it "honesty" to underline that a mole is a mole (we waited until E. 17 to have a reference to Amy's hair, way to go, writers!) and a jerk is a jerk, LOL!  

As for the tag, after having seen the whole scene, there's no way Sheldon didn't know what he was doing, the dialogue from the get go implied he was trying to lure Amy into going to SDCC with him using seduction of some form. So, actually, it is a step forward from the "oblivious" Sheldon kind of jokes. Still not a fan of the fact the writers continue to use this kind of innuendos that don't lead to anything, but at least it looks like they are kinda moving from their old jokes and the scene in itself was hilarious.

I've seen a IG pic of the Batman statue in question, that's really big! How did the apartment looked like with the statue in it? I don't know...for some weird and twisted reason, I hope it stays, it can do as a dishtowels holder, LOL!

It made the room look small lol, it's ridiculous in there! Sorry Sheldon, I'm with Amy on this one...

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I am glad Sheldon decided to go to CC. Just like Amy stood her ground, I like that Sheldon also stood his ground.  I don't see why should he give up CC (unless he wants to) to stay with Amy if Amy is not willing to go to CC with him. If Amy has her own interests(which they sadly didn't bother to mention) , then Sheldon also has his own interests too. It would have been rather hypocritical to expect otherwise.Other than that, I felt that Amy wanted Sheldon to behave like Howard and Leonard, which is disappointing to say the least after everything they went through.

I also didn't get the point of the TAG scene. assuming Sheldon knew what he is doing, they both still lose. neither Amy nor Sheldon get what they want. Sheldon doesn't have company for CC and Amy doesn't get sex. and dick jokes are not original either.

TBH, I also don't see what is so great about Amy's "cool one" line either. It is stale. Sheldon is always the one who is called immature, but Amy herself is still stuck in high school .i am not even a big comics fan but I think Penny is still cool. going to CC or talking about Ewoks does not make someone uncool. It is pretty much a mainstream event . Even How I Met Your Mother(a show with very little comic references) had a panel there. What outdated world are the writers living in ????

But i wasn't expecting anything great from this episode in the first place so whatever.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 2

Overall it was a funny and nice episode. There were a few nice friendship moments I really enjoyed to see, especially the ensemble scene as the decision of Raj of not going to SDCC was very mature for his economical limited conditions at moment and the support guys showed to him but Sheldon  was touching and nice  ( his reaction was ic from him imo).

What lead me to the  detail about shamy relationship that I did not like much it happens yet. Sheldon is getting to be a better friend to everyone as he was trying to help Raj but it doesn't  mean he would change his ways of think and react about his own things and  surprised me a bit  that Amy was expecting Sheldon would behave like Howard and Leonard about not going to SDCC. They are really in a good place in their relationship as they are honest to each other and compromise to things in ways that both turn to be happy but there are things that are litle realistic to expect from each other as there are things that are inhereted to them and Sheldon is not the type of doing what others do in a situation he would not enjoy at all. It doesnt make Sheldon a mean person, is the way he is and certainly he would not thought less of Amy if she do something he was not into, and certainly she does  a few ones.

I know it is a question of time as these kind of things run more organically between them as a couple but it was the only thing that worried me a bit but surely they would do it fine in upcoming similar situations. :)

Anyway, I loved how Amy now is a more confident woman when interacts with Penny. It is nice to see how they get along so well in a equally way and Penny also seek Amy's advices as Amy had always done about Penny. It is really nice to see how both Sheldon and Amy are grown people emotionaly and socially these days, it makes me proud of our adorable couple!

Sheldon is a treat indeed, lol! I really love how he is determined to act in his best way without stop being himself, that sequence of dialogue on stairs  as lenny was bickering and he was whispering to Amy about what they knew about lenny wishes  to go to SDCC was awesome. And Amy is not a less of a treat, the way she  revealed the whole true was so Amy 's style, lol!

And last but not least the tag scene. First I am with Amy on this one: SDCC had never been her thing and Sheldon should respect that ( I think he does  and a Batman statue might have helped to increase that respect, lol). Second, Sheldon knew very well what he was doing, lol! There is a seducing Sheldon pattern after all, lol! Who dare to think the man has not sexual desire as he thinks of Amy's erogenal parts often and he even cathegorized them? Priceless!

The complete scene was hilarious, it turned better than I thought it would. Amy's face as she heard the beauty praise as she knew what was coming for Sheldon being saying things like these was so funny! And thankgoodness there was no hint of she  might be frustrated for his attempt that had other reason but sex behind of his actions, it was very spott on how she handled with the whole thing, hehe! After all he would not have sex for SDCC , right? :wink:

I just hope we could see one day a scene like this between shamy again as Sheldon use not only one but both arms to seduce his woman! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

54 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

going to CC or talking about Ewoks does not make someone uncool. It is pretty much a mainstream event . Even How I Met Your Mother(a show with very little comic references) had a panel there. What outdated world are the writers living in ????

But i wasn't expecting anything great from this episode in the first place so whatever.

Oh, I agree on this...The writers sometimes seem to be trapped in their 2007 jokes and don't want to move from that. It's not the right thread to say so (because Shamy seem the only ones in the show that don't have any problem with their finances), but a glaring example of that is the way the writers handle money. Those are well known scientists who work at Caltech for more than 10 years now, they are not anymore Post-doc fellows that have just gotten there (which, BTW, at Caltech earn 40.000$ a year, not that bad...), they should all have a pretty decent salary at this point; the whole issue with Raj being broke doesn't make much sense.

Also, as you say, SDCC is a very mainstream event now, and being a nerd is not considered uncool anymore; actually, TBBT itself had a huge part in this shift in mentality, so it's baffling the writers themselves don't acknowledge that.  I'm pretty sure that if Amy had a close look to that list of panels (not trying to be dirty here, LOL!), she would have found something she could have enjoyed. Probably not enough to spend 5 full days at the event, but she could have attended a panel or two...Given the way the episode was constructed, anyway, I think the best solution is that each of them does their own things for those five days; Sheldon can go with Stuart (even if I don't really know how he can pay...) if he doesn't find other options.

54 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

TBH, I also don't see what is so great about Amy's "cool one" line either. It is stale. Sheldon is always the one who is called immature, but Amy herself is still stuck in high school

On this, instead, I don't agree very much. Yes, Amy is still trapped in high school, but I think she is getting out of it. She was the "cool girl" doormat for 5 years, now she think she IS the cool girl (whether she is cool or not is not relevant), I see that as a progress, because she can relate with Penny at a more equal level.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Btw, thank you so much for the report you posted earlier here @2L344. You have a great memory and it is so nice to know your thoughts about each detail from episode's plotline. Really, reallly appreciated :) 

• Like 3

Just watched it, small but several interactions with Shamy but we kind of knew it would be Shamy lite in terms of the overall storyline going into it. Thought it was a solid episode overall and better than some of the recent ones.

IMO probably the hallway scene was the best in terms of Shamy and their interactions together and with Lenny. Amy had some good dialogue and scenes with Penny and the PAmy relationship continues to flourish! Enjoyed the opening scene with Sheldon and the guys at the beginning and also some of the Shelnard interactions.

The tag? Laughed briefly but then kind of thought to myself I have seen this before and the fact we haven't seen it go anywhere or lead to anything kind of detracts from it. Sheldon was deliberately suggestive and flirty, even more so than we saw in the promo with the way he approached her with 'There's my pretty girlfriend' and the 'Can't a man be happy to see his woman?'. Amy obviously saw through that but then we get the pants and then a PG rated dick joke lol. 'Poor Amy' all over social media, I wouldn't say that but there is some perception out there that she had her hopes dashed yet again after that scene.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

Just finished watching and really enjoyed it even with the bitter sweet "the guys skip comic con because they have other priorities now" theme.

Not much Shamy for this but I liked them in a supporting role here.

Amy with Penny was cute and, like others already pointed out, there certainly is a bit more balance to the friendship. I still find Amy's "popular girl" moment endearing cause yes, she's not as mature as people say she is and I like characters that have flaws (hence why I also reject the interpretation of her as a motherly figure for Sheldon when she is not that much further along with her social development). Also, aww, her aunt died. Probably the one from Weekend Vortex?? Aunt Flora would've been 98 this year.

Similarly, Sheldon and Leonard having tea in 4B was nice and his advice proved to be right in the end. Though his example with Amy made me laugh more than it should have because of his "I sure hope she meant it when she called me an insensitive jerk" reaction. And no, there is no reason to be pedantic about calling it a mole or a beauty mark or a birthmark. There are no differentiating definitions for either of them and they're used interchangeably - so yes, you were just insensitive, Sheldon! (And to go back on our discussion yesterday: Those are situations where I can understand a character being upset about what he said.)

The Shamy and Lenny stuff in the hallway was hilarious to me cause even though they weren't literally standing behind the kitchen island it was still the same dynamic of having one couple make comments about the other and here it was Shamy's time to take their seats on the metaphorical balcony.

I also can't fault Amy for thinking that Sheldon would be deciding to stay at home like the other guys. There was a certain vibe in the room and she knows he is not the kind of guy who goes to these things alone - so her assumption doesn't come out of nowhere. But obviously I also can't fault Sheldon for standing his ground and still insist on going.

The tag was such a treat and as said the other day: it's such a light hearted silly thing I can't even be mad at the writers. That was just plain fun. It totally mirrored what Howard did with Bernie earlier in the episode so I don't buy the idea of "Sheldon doesn't know what he's doing" cause he totally does. I didn't expect him to call her "pretty" out of the blue (which also makes up for the mole thing earlier - he may comment on Amy's body hair but he hasn't expressed any form of disgust like society would expect you he'd do because female body hair is ewww. fuck society, btw!) and even be touchy feely on her "erogenous" shoulder. LMAO I also love how Amy sees right through this and isn't swayed easily by his flirting. Her trying to keep a straight face was hilarious.

All in all, fun little episode! :)

Edited by April
  • Like 9

This is really one of those things where my perception of Amy and the relationship dynamic totally clashes with what apparently "the general public" is seeing. Like, I honestly don't get where that's coming from with this scene. It could have easily played out that way but it didn't. Heck, if you want to see what "hopeful Amy" looks like we got the scene at Howardette's. The tag scene had nothing of that demeanour. To me the writers have been going out of their way to avoid showing Amy in that "desperate for physical intimacy" light so I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that their intention is not going for a "poor Amy" effect.
The upside of course could be that if the writers realise that their efforts can't shake their sins of the past when they did indeed pull this "haw haw Amy can't get some" crap they might be persuaded to correct course further and finally make that plunge we all want them to do. Fingers crossed and all that.

Agree totally April !

• Like 3

Imo there is no chance for "poor Amy" in tag scene. Actually, I really enjoyed how she read through Sheldon's intentions there and didnt give  up of her original intention. I think many of these comments might  come from occasional viewers, dont know. It is weird how an obvious scene can be miserstood by a few but everyone have their pov and what make sense to ones might not make to others. It also imo depends on how much a viewer pays atention to all details as they are shippers or not of the couple's relationship  in analyse on scene.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

That tag. OMG. I knew it was coming, still funny. :icon_cheesygrin: Yep, no poor Amy there. I think even Amy was mildly amused by what Sheldon did.

• Like 9

One question about the tag. Why Sheldon when he touches Amy's left shoulder calls it "her second most erogenous ball-and-socket joint"? LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Soopysue said:

The tag - Oh Sheldon you cheeky boy, you knew exactly what you were doing, that sexy flirtatious look , up close and personal, the wording haha !! I thought it was sexy & funny all at the same time , he & Amy both knew exactly what was going on ......yes one day I'd like this type of thing to happen and they both dive into a heated make out , but for now I'm content that what we had was some shameless flirting and Sheldon trying his powers of persuasion, did it work no, did Amy look angry or offended no, does that type on chat/flirting happen in relationships absolutely !!!!!! I loved it :)

Yeah, exactly, it's a typical relationship thing and I think that's what the show wants us to see as well cause we got the parallel to Howardette doing the same earlier in the episode. Sure, Sheldon isn't as much of a smooth talker as Howard but he certainly has his own quirky charm. <3

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

One question about the tag. Why Sheldon when he touches Amy's left shoulder calls it "her second most erogenous ball-and-socket joint"? LOL!

Well... where else does the human body have ball-and-socket joints?? And how intimately does Sheldon know that part of her body?? You may connect the dots yourself...

TBBTeyebrownod.gif.18adba82f9d3b627ddbee7f84973e297.gif

Edited by April
  • Like 9

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Because the first might be her knees, other part of the body which have a ball in joint?Oh  Shelley, LOL!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Because the first might be her knees, other part of the body which have a ball in joint?Oh  Shelley, LOL!

The answer to where the human body has ball-and-socket joints is NOT the knees. It's way more obvious. LMAO

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, April said:

The answer to where the human body has ball-and-socket joints is NOT the knees. It's way more obvious. LMAO

I know, lol! I was meaning the knees for the bone form, just joking here! I got Sheldon's intention there! :wink:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

Ok, I had to google this, because human anatomy is not my strongest suit, and now everything is clear, Sheldon has always been fond of Amy's hips! LOL!

What I am enjoying more is how shameless Sheldon is getting as much his relationship with Amy deeps! And Amy nows how to get him to keep these feelings for more suitable reasons, lol! They are indeed into the right direction for put some spontaneaty as the occasion fits in their relationship! Go shamy!

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Ok, I had to google this, because human anatomy is not my strongest suit, and now everything is clear, Sheldon has always been fond of Amy's hips! LOL!

There you go!

It's nice to know that they're both enjoying Amy's hips... or whatever Sheldon is doing with them. Maybe that's even the answer to "Why?... Why!?.. Oh that's why!" LOL

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

The knee is a hinge joint. The ball-and-socket joint that's first is the next joint above the knee. LOL

• Like 1