Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

6 hours ago, April said:

Yes to everything in your post! A little caveat on this one though:

I fear it's inevitable that we won't spend all too many episodes with Shamy in 4B. The show is still kinda fast forwarding through the summer and judging by the fact that Howardette are talking about the baby's sex, which can be determined by the 5th or 6th month, I'm guessing we're currently somewhen in July/August. So it's quite some time difference between that and the air dates. I think they'll want to catch up with real time somewhen during Nov sweeps like they did last year with Thanksgiving which should give them another 2 or 3 episodes to cover Sept/Oct.

Long story short: I think at best we can get another episode with them towards the end of the 5 weeks. Maybe we get to see their 4B routines in action. Maybe we get to see some talk assessing whether or not the experiment was a success. Maybe we get to see them a bit antsy about the end of the experiment and what happens after that. Maybe we get to see them deciding to finish off their experiment with a big bang... who knows? :icon_wink::icon_wink:

So yeah, I wouldn't be too mad if those 5 weeks fly by as long as we get to see the results somehow. It also leads to some great story potential.

I think whatever reservations the writers might have had with increasing their physical intimacy (beyond special events) should be gone after they leave those two for 5 weeks sharing a bed. Although I guess the first objective for Shamy will be to getting used to sharing a bed by finding something that calms Sheldon's movements down and lets Amy sleep so there might not be much naughty stuff going on at first. (Then again, maybe they find coitus can help with that, too?? LOL) But spending so much time so intimately will undoubtedly affect them. Heck, it probably already affected Sheldon hence why he won't let her quit so easily!

Other fun post-experimental story ideas: If they are going back to normal at first we could have them missing each other's company and the new routines. Maybe Sheldon is mopy around Lenny cause living with Amy was more fun. Maybe one sleepless night he'll just show up on Amy's doorstep for a cuddle or more. Making plans to move in together which could be another lovely moment.

Not to mention the story ideas from SDCC:

- Spockumentary (Sept)

- flag convention (NAVA 50 in Oct??)

- Amy's mice experiments (???)

A lot of good stuff to come! :D

You will notice that I said just ONE episode.... I know this ain't going to be an every episode thang. I mean Tenor we all  thought was going  huge. One ep in season 6. We all liked Yvette the vet. One ep... Penny!s class one ep... But Things I thought were one and done like Leonard and Sheldon's paper, or the guidance system, or Amys move to Caltech. Have spanned many episodes. 

So  all I ask is that they give us an update before miraculously Amy is back at her apartment and Sheldon is in his.  

• Like 7

2 hours ago, boys3allc said:

You will notice that I said just ONE episode.... I know this ain't going to be an every episode thang. I mean Tenor we all  thought was going  huge. One ep in season 6. We all liked Yvette the vet. One ep... Penny!s class one ep... But Things I thought were one and done like Leonard and Sheldon's paper, or the guidance system, or Amys move to Caltech. Have spanned many episodes. 

So  all I ask is that they give us an update before miraculously Amy is back at her apartment and Sheldon is in his.  

Then we want the same!

TBBTgirlshighfive.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, boys3allc said:

So all I ask is that they give us an update before miraculously Amy is back at her apartment and Sheldon is in his.  

Yes to this. However, there's a possibility that after five weeks, the experiment turns out to be a success. Amy's apartment is ready thus Amy moves back. Sheldon moves back to 4A to live with Lenny of course. So no drama, no hard feelings. Everything just goes back to normal. If this is the case, maybe the writers would feel no need to give us an update.

I'm guessing this because if the show gets renewed for another two years, maybe it's too soon (for the writers) for Shamy to move in together permanently. 

Edited by camelliayao

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I don't know...I kinds feel that this is, in a way, an experiment for the writers as well as for the characters; maybe they are testing the waters for a more permanent change in the LA and they need to see how the show works with a different living situation for the big three, how the live audience like it, how it affects the balance between the characters, and so on. So my guess is that it will last for a couple of episodes at least. Maybe not all of them will be so heavily centered about the new situation as the last one was (that's the writers' style, after a big milestone they pass to something else) but I expect Shamy and Lenny being still living next door in 10.5. I don't know about 10.6, because I think it will be filmed during a Jewish holiday, so Mayim could have just very brief scenes in that episode...Anyway, as we speak, they are working on 10.5, so we will find out pretty soon what's in store for us! 

I agree, I defiantly think they will use this oppertunity to gauge the reactions all round and how they find it the write as well, I'm thinking we'll at least get another 2 eps of this, but as you say maybe not being the full focus of the ep :) 

season 10 is amazing so far !! So exciting 

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

I thought it was so sweet when Sheldon asked Amy if was sure she was okay  coitus was off the table. :girlinlove:Just so many moments to love about. They are so comfortable with each other is ridiculous. 

Awwww this makes me so happy !

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I don't know...I kinds feel that this is, in a way, an experiment for the writers as well as for the characters; maybe they are testing the waters for a more permanent change in the LA and they need to see how the show works with a different living situation for the big three, how the live audience like it, how it affects the balance between the characters, and so on. So my guess is that it will last for a couple of episodes at least. Maybe not all of them will be so heavily centered about the new situation as the last one was (that's the writers' style, after a big milestone they pass to something else) but I expect Shamy and Lenny being still living next door in 10.5. I don't know about 10.6, because I think it will be filmed during a Jewish holiday, so Mayim could have just very brief scenes in that episode...Anyway, as we speak, they are working on 10.5, so we will find out pretty soon what's in store for us! 

I remembered there was a Jewish holiday coming up,  that would likely mean she has few scenes in 10.6 yesterday afternoon.  Mayim also appears not to have been at the table read yesterday (going by her IG post), which while I know doesn't necessary mean much,  does suggest she won't have many scenes in 10.5 either.

I don't even know what to say anymore. I'm sitting here reading all the additional little bits and grinning like an idiot - the same stupid face I made after Opening Night. LOL

The writers really hit all the right notes for me here. Not just by throwing in so many of my favourite fanfic tropes (omg so much fluff!) but also by having a few surprises that make it even so much better than I ever dared to hope. I mean, I've always been a ~hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams ~ on here and been steadfast in my belief that good things will come our way soon. But you never know with those writers, sometimes they just get it not quite right. However, this? This sounds like a shipper's dream! Well done, writers!

TBBTgoodjobsticker.gif

It feels a bit like a dam broke in the writer's room and a lot of things we've wanted for a long time are finally happening:

- cohabitation (obviously)

- regular bed sharing (5 weeks! OMG) (On a scale of 1 to 10 HOW HAPPY IS CAPTAIN JIM???? LOL)

- Amy seduces Sheldon with science and it works (!!)

- Shamy hug!

- using the whole situation for some good comedy (bed sharing slapstick)

- Amy casually hanging out in Sheldon's bedroom while he packs his undies (just think about that for a sec)

- them generally talking about the expectations and fears because they never lived so intimately with anyone (especially Amy!)

- coitus might be off the table but coitus talk apparently is back on (so happy they're talking this out)

- and in addition the birthday thing doesn't seem to be treated as this hard rule as many people feared (seems like Sheldon expected this might lead to coital activities and yet he's still excited!)

- stupid innuendo jokes (Amy's hot bottom?? lol)

- spontaneous make-outs are a thing and for the next 5 weeks they have their own little love nest in 4B

- the fact that Sheldon really wants to see this through even though there are a few easy outs offered to him (Lenny say Amy could stay in Leonard's room, he could flee to 4A during the night, Amy wants to quit but he talks her back into it)

This is all just a perfect setup for: a story that puts coitus back onto the table, a story after the experiment ends and both are missing each other at night, and a story that has them decide to move in together for real this time.

Can't wait to see this and how it'll all unfold in the aftermath!

I think we have to see how it plays out. Because Sheldon asking "are you OK with it" sounds like him not wanting to disappoint Amy. It just reminds me a lot of the prom episode's "But were you hoping we would because it's prom?". So I'll have to see how it goes in the episode.

This is my fanfic dreams come true. I keep wanting to pinch myself. Waiting for this ep may just kill me...LOL.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 hours ago, April said:

The table read doesn't take the whole day so the actors can do something else for the rest of the day. Mayim was at the event from 1pm to 3pm.

You got it April. The table read is roughly from 10-12.  The afternoon, is usually used to introduce the actor to particularly different props or I wardrobe items.  If an actor doesn't have any of those things, on the whole they don't have to be there.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, kazzie said:

Every big shamy moment feels like a fan fiction now. I mean more more could we ask? Its so perfect its gross <3.

LOL YES!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susana Alcira said:

Last season episode 5 was filmed during the Jewish Holidays and Mayim was in it (Perspirarion)

The Jewish holidays this year fall on a Sunday(October 2: Rosh Hashana) and on a week off(Yom Kippur is on October 11)  so that may not actually be a problem for her.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

So her ovaries would grab onto him and never let go? I guess it would be an homage to a previous statement she made lol 

To be honest, I would be perfectly fine with such a proposal. I know it was a throw away line but she said that with such a passion and love for Sheldon that if it really happened, it would be quite romantic in my eyes. Haha. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

To be honest, I would be perfectly fine with such a proposal. I know it was a throw away line but she said that with such a passion and love for Sheldon that if it really happened, it would be quite romantic in my eyes. Haha. 

I'd be totally fine with that !!!! 

Lol maybe Jim was right in that interview where they said graphic sex with Sheldon Cooper season 10 haha .......

• Like 7

Okay, glad I'm not the only one who would be on board with that. LOL. It would be so uniquely Shamy too. Their love is so strong, they don't care about the how, as long as it's done :-pppp.

But good point, Jonny, been done with Lenny.

I love the idea of it happening at a flag con, notchinc!

• Like 6

#ForScience!  is my new BBT hashtag.  May I use it??

Edited by notchinc
  • Like 4