Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Recommended Posts

Just now, Einstein Von Brainstorm said:

I'm just here to see everyone's reaction's to this pic :)

cute-happy-patrick-star-the-spongebob-movie-sponge-out-of-water-wallpaper-4585.jpg

We are all still gushing over it!!! BTW, I've just noticed the photo has almost 300.000 likes, it seems people around the world love to see Shamy in bed together. We could even get more likes than Pikachu on Sheldon's spot, LOL!!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

We are all still gushing over it!!! BTW, I've just noticed the photo has almost 300.000 likes, it seems people around the world love to see Shamy in bed together. We could even get more likes than Pikachu on Sheldon's spot, LOL!!

300.000 likes in about what, 24 hours after the photo shared? Wow!

Shamy fanbase is powerful!! :wub:

The shamy in bed together  is as famous as Death Star or Vulcano planet are famous around the world! Nice! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Writers mentioned in last season that  would have more info about Amy's family and after 24 episodes we had just the sin closet mention.

Maybe this season we will have finnaly more info about that, as it seems that writers are investing in shamy deep their relationship to up levels. IMO it is a bit strange that being Amy girlfriend of one of the main characters that we know so litle about her background. Writers might surprise us, after all there are only 6 episodes tapped by far. :)

To be honest I am baffled as to why a mention of her father has never occurred in the show. Not even a throw-away line.  So I would be pleasantly surprised if any info is given about her family.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

To be honest I am baffled as to why a mention of her father has never occurred in the show. Not even a throw-away line.  So I would be pleasantly surprised if any info is given about her family.

I'm even more surprised that not even an interviewer ever brought this up. Like, okay, the show forgot about it? Fine. But then you get some sort of journalist ask about all sorts of obscure family members but suspiciously never about Amy's family in general or her father specifically.

[X-Files theme plays muffled in the distance]

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

To be honest I am baffled as to why a mention of her father has never occurred in the show. Not even a throw-away line.  So I would be pleasantly surprised if any info is given about her family.

Soon or later they have to give us that info. At least by the time Sheldon and Amy would get engaged. Can not believe Amy will live that special moment of her life without a mention of her mother.

If not a mention of her father.That I believe writers will come up with a story about his absence in Amy 's life.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, April said:

I'm even more surprised that not even an interviewer ever brought this up. Like, okay, the show forgot about it? Fine. But then you get some sort of journalist ask about all sorts of obscure family members but suspiciously never about Amy's family in general or her father specifically.

[X-Files theme plays muffled in the distance]

Perhaps it's Top Secret. A fanfic I read last year suggested he was a fallen war hero. What if he was a scientist spy, killed while on a special mission ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps it's Top Secret. A fanfic I read last year suggested he was a fallen war hero. What if he was a scientist spy, killed while on a special mission ?

Or Amy is an illegitimate daughter of an English count or duke, raised in USA by her mother´s nanny or aunt? I feel that her mother is not her real mother.

The fallen war hero and the sceintist spy are viable too.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Susana Alcira said:

Or Amy is an illegitimate daughter of an English count or duke, raised in USA by her mother´s nanny or aunt? I feel that her mother is not her real mother.

The fallen war hero and the sceintist spy are viable too.

 

She may not be, good suggestion ! I never thought of that. She could be sworn to secrecy until Amy marries.That might fit her attitude to Amy, as if she has a big responsibility. In my head I've been avoiding the idea that Amy's illegitimate, but you could be right. I've been trying to think of explanations why she doesn't seem short of money. Mine was that she and her mother had been left well provided-for so that she didn't have a burden of education debt. Yours could be another and it's just as exciting.

Edited by joyceraye
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

To be honest I am baffled as to why a mention of her father has never occurred in the show. Not even a throw-away line.  So I would be pleasantly surprised if any info is given about her family.

At t his point, I feel like Amy's father is like Penny's maiden name.   We'll never know anything about either.  

As much revealing as we are getting about Sheldon's past, it would be nice to hear Amy airing out some of hers to Sheldon, perhaps in private conversations while cuddling in bed.   Sheldon tell Amy something.  She shares something with him.   

If we could get some more info about Amy's background, it would help me to understand her better.   The only reason I seem so much more sympathetic to Sheldon than Amy is because I have more knowledge regarding the reason he is wired the way he is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

She may not be. She could be sworn to secrecy until Amy marries.That might fit her attitude to Amy, as if she has a big responsibility. In my head I've been avoiding the idea that Amy's illegitimate, but you could be right. I've been trying to think of explanations why she doesn't seem short of money. Mine was that she and her mother had been left well provided-for so that she didn't have a burden of education debt. Yours could be another and it's just as exciting.

But Amy´s  story would be very similar to Howard´s.  You are right, she never talked about lack of money . She went to Harvard, may be with a scholarship.

I don´t know why, but I don´t see the relatives she talks about are her real family, and  I don´t think "her mother"  is the woman who gave her birth.

 

Edited by Susana Alcira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Susana Alcira said:

But Amy´s  story would be very similar to Howard´s.  You are right, she never talked about lack of money . She went to Harvard, may be with a scholarship.

I don´t know why, but I don´t see the relatives she talks about are her real family, and  I don´t think "her mother"  is the woman who gave her birth.

 

I’m not so sure that her mother is the woman who gave birth to her either.  My own thought is that her real mother was somewhat wild and party loving and ended up pregnant after a one night stand and left the baby with her mother to bring up.  So it’s actually her grandmother and not her mother.  That could explain the way Amy was brought up, with her ‘mother’ trying to correct the mistakes she made with her actual daughter.

The other thing is, I don’t think the woman we saw them talking to on Skype matches what Amy has said about her.  The woman we saw on Skype seemed too timid to be doing things like putting her daughter in a sin closet.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I've been trying to think of explanations why she doesn't seem short of money.

Where was it indicated she isn't short of money?

If she's rolling in it, why is she living in a one-bedroom, rented apartment?

Why is she wearing her Aunts cast-off clothing?

Why, when her apartment flooded, did she not simply book into a hotel?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jenafan said:

At t his point, I feel like Amy's father is like Penny's maiden name.   We'll never know anything about either.  

As much revealing as we are getting about Sheldon's past, it would be nice to hear Amy airing out some of hers to Sheldon, perhaps in private conversations while cuddling in bed.   Sheldon tell Amy something.  She shares something with him.   

If we could get some more info about Amy's background, it would help me to understand her better.   The only reason I seem so much more sympathetic to Sheldon than Amy is because I have more knowledge regarding the reason he is wired the way he is.

It is very strange indeed that there was so seldom in the show a scene where Shamy share something about their backgrounds. I liked very much the scene from The Fort episode, when they were having dinner, sharing experiences about being left out of things in their childhood. We know very little about Amy's family and past, but the few things we know are enough for me to feel a bond with her. She lived in a very sheltered situation, with her mother that, probably with the best intentions ever, deprived her of all the opportunities to make new friends and live new experiences. It didn't help in having friends, the fact she was a "special" girl, as she is now a "special" woman, with quirks, interests and opinions that were not very popular. Nonetheless,  Amy wanted to live in a "social" environment, you can tell that from the hunger she has shown since the very beginning of her friendship with Penny that she wanted to have a group of friends and doing things teens usually do. While Sheldon was never interested in being friends with his dumb neighbors or in playing outside with the other kids at school, Amy wanted to live some of those experiences, for sure in her own way, but she wanted them. I guess Shamy conflicts arise just from that, they had a very similar childhood on many respect, they were both lonely children, bullied at school, people poked fun of them, but Sheldon defended himself from the world with his coping mechanisms and with science, while Amy idealized whatever she couldn't have. 

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

The other thing is, I don’t think the woman we saw them talking to on Skype matches what Amy has said about her.  The woman we saw on Skype seemed too timid to be doing things like putting her daughter in a sin closet.

Yes, I noticed that too; and, from the other things Amy has told about her mother I also had the idea of a "sweet" lady, albeit overprotective of her daughter, not of somebody used to shut her in a closet as a punishment. Probably,  the writers just decided to have that "sin-closet" line for some easy laughs, pretty sure they will forget about it soon.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Where was it indicated she isn't short of money?

If she's rolling in it, why is she living in a one-bedroom, rented apartment?

Why is she wearing her Aunts cast-off clothing?

Why, when her apartment flooded, did she not simply book into a hotel?

You can be wealthy and not live in palatial settings, not drive an expensive car, or don't wear expensive designer clothes etc. I presume the wealth question comes from her spending several thousand dollars iirc on that painting of her and Penny, several thousand dollar laptop for Sheldon and was willing to purchase both gaming systems for him when he couldn't decide. Maybe she is more wealthy than we think or maybe she can afford gestures like that because she lives a kind of no frills lifestyle and she is very savvy with her money.

I am not that bothered about her financial status really but I would like to learn more about her mother or even see her actually in person and maybe learn something about her father. Like I said in the build up to a wedding would be so a good time to explore this. They have a blank canvas to work with, we know nothing about her father and her mother well we have so much conflicting stories about her e.g. harsh, perhaps holding socially conservative views but yet encourages her to go out date.

Which is the real mother? Was she perhaps only harsh and restrictive with Amy when Amy just hit her teenage years because something happened to herself and maybe it had something to do with Amy's father? Could she have had Amy when she was a teenager and trying to make sure in an over the top/over protective way nothing similar happened to her? So many questions and so many answers this dedicated and talented team of writers could come up with.

Or maybe they are saving them for a spin off at some point? Oh but we can dream.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The possibility of Amy has been raised for someone who is not her real mother might be possible. The Sheldon s knock story was a surprise imo but made sense and writers can come up with a reasonable story for Amy and mothers relationship.  

About the timid lady Amy s mother seemed in skype call, it might be like that because she was not much into tecnology. 

And she migth be that kind of person who behaves like she has kind of "two faces", I mean, with stranges she is calm and pondered; in private alone with her daughter migh make Amy s life a hell. There are cases alike in real life.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You can be wealthy and not live in palatial settings, not drive an expensive car, or don't wear expensive designer clothes etc. I presume the wealth question comes from her spending several thousand dollars iirc on that painting of her and Penny, several thousand dollar laptop for Sheldon and was willing to purchase both gaming systems for him when he couldn't decide. Maybe she is more wealthy than we think or maybe she can afford gestures like that because she lives a kind of no frills lifestyle and she is very savvy with her money.

I am not that bothered about her financial status really but I would like to learn about her mother or even see her actually in person and maybe learn something about her father. Like I said in the build up to a wedding would be so a good time to explore this and the plus point? They have a blank canvas to work with, we know knowing about her father and her mother well we have so much conflicting stories about her e.g. harsh, perhaps holding socially conservative views but yet encourages her to go out date.

Which is the real mother? Was she perhaps only harsh and restrictive with Amy when Amy just hit her teenage years because something happened to herself and maybe it had something to do with Amy's father? Could she have had Amy when she was a teenager and trying to make sure in an over the top/over protective way nothing similar happened to her? So many questions and so many answers this dedicated and talented team of writers could come up with.

Or maybe they are saving them for a spin off at some point? Oh but we can dream.

I'd never given much thought to her financial status, but now that I have I suspect she's a lot like Sheldon when it comes to money.  Only unlike him she doesn't keep uncashed cheques stuffed in a desk drawer.  Does he still do that?  Anyway, I think she probably only spends what she needs to and the rest is in a savings account, available for whenever she wants to have a splurge.  Which is kind of what I do.

Mentions of her mother tend to be throw-away lines or part of a joke.  Her father doesn't even warrant those kind of lines.  It's very strange and the only plausible reason I can come up with is that the writers just haven't given any thought to her family because she is only a supporting character.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernardette is also a supportive character and we have met her parents. Raj we have met his parents and sister. One day imo we have to met more Amy s relatives and maybe to see her mother in same room with Amy. Amy is a supportive character but she s one main character girlfriend. It would make all sense to know more about her family. :)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, guys, I've just noted something...Shamy (or was that Penny?) have started to make some "renovations" in their temporary bedroom...All Penny's staffed animals are gone! They used to be on the night stands and in 10.4 they are gone! The moment I see one of Sheldon's action figures on his night stand I'll start to think the change might be permanent...Just kidding of course, but I think that was a good call to take some of Penny's stuff off during the experiment...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exciting week starting on Monday:

- New episode.

- New taping, plus also possibly learning more about previous episode as well if they are shown it.

- Season 10 starts this week in the UK!

So we could have 3 episodes to talk about and overanalyse (joke) over lol

yes.gif

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Hey, guys, I've just noted something...Shamy (or was that Penny?) have started to make some "renovations" in their temporary bedroom...All Penny's staffed animals are gone! They used to be on the night stands and in 10.4 they are gone! The moment I see one of Sheldon's action figures on his night stand I'll start to think the change might be permanent...Just kidding of course, but I think that was a good call to take some of Penny's stuff off during the experiment...

Maybe, but it's been ages since we seen Penny in her own bedroom.  She might have moved some of them to Leonard's bedroom. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for the week but I will be avoiding the Season Discussion thread like the plague after Monday for that week (I already am a bit). I can imagine all the discussion now to give Sheldon a major kicking, questioning his desire for Amy once again etc even though it's blatantly obvious he's overreacting once again and it's his time this week after Amy's last week to have a freak out.

Put it this way I am looking forward to the episode especially the sweet tag scene, just perhaps not looking forward to some of the discussion that will inevitably come from it.

But the episode overall sounds like  strong one even though there is more drama than comedy by the sounds of it and then we have the new taping hopefully with some reports to come.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonny said:

perhaps holding socially conservative views but yet encourages her to go out date.

That is a confusing one.

Her mother must've known that, by dating, her daughter may well end up having intercourse, yet she wrote in Amy's yearbook:-

 self-respect and a hymen are better than friends and fun.

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

One day imo we have to met more Amy s relatives

I'm not sure there's all that many left that we can meet.

Being a member of the extended Fowler family, doesn't appear to be good for your longevity. :icon_biggrin: 

2 hours ago, mirs1 said:

All Penny's staffed animals are gone.

Didn't Penny get rid of them, after Howard and Christie got her care bears all sweaty?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if there seem two to be two different versions of Amy's mother, I think it could be the same person. When Amy introduced her to Sheldon she seemed too shocked to be mad, because she had never expected her daughter to engage in coitus so soon. She was too shocked by Sheldon's report of her wild sex life that she was speechless. (I have the feeling, that they have planned to distract her mother with detailed, juicy reports, in order to shock her and to be too embarrassed to ask Amy further questions about her private life) That's why I think that Amy interrupted the Skype conversation so abruptly, before her mother had the chance to get back to her senses and to ask Amy for a word or ask her about their future plans.

Amy's father is a mistery to me, because I can only speculate why there's no mention of him. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

I'd never given much thought to her financial status, but now that I have I suspect she's a lot like Sheldon when it comes to money.  Only unlike him she doesn't keep uncashed cheques stuffed in a desk drawer.  Does he still do that?  Anyway, I think she probably only spends what she needs to and the rest is in a savings account, available for whenever she wants to have a splurge.  Which is kind of what I do.

Mentions of her mother tend to be throw-away lines or part of a joke.  Her father doesn't even warrant those kind of lines.  It's very strange and the only plausible reason I can come up with is that the writers just haven't given any thought to her family because she is only a supporting character.

the time we saw bernie parents was after howard 

did marriage proposal to her. sheldon, amy are still

boy/girl friend. could be reason.

look we get to see mrs. flower before any of penny

family members.(supporting over main cast)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.