[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I wonder how they would have been had Mayim not hurt her back which meant the writers had to send Amy out of town ? Sheldon definitely loosened up while he was on Skype.

Amy would have been out of town for at least one episode regardless cause Mayim injured herself the weekend before taping. There may or may not have been a rewrite to accommodate her for the 2nd episode but I think in the end it wouldn't have made a huge difference in terms of Shamy's S9 trajectory.

6 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

What were the sleeping arrangements in the cabin at Big Bear, do you think ? Separate beds in one bedroom, or a big enough bed to need no discussion ? I can't believe they went to separate rooms after being so close on ON, especially as neither of them queried how many bedrooms were at the cabin before deciding to go.

I honestly have no idea. I would have gone with them sharing at least a room because it's been one year since Fort and that would have been a nice touch. But since they were making such a big deal of the bed sharing now I'm really not sure. Maybe it was two rooms. Maybe it was one room with two beds. Maybe it was one room with one really big bed. Maybe it was the difference of sharing a bed for one weekend then vs. sharing it for 5 weeks now. I honestly don't know.

• Like 3

Still can't believe Sheldon will throw a surprise brunch for Amy!

Btw, yesterday I watched 3.23 and I couldn't believe how much he has changed since then! He was so robot-like! I know we already knew that by it just striked me when I watched it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, chipmunk1 said:

There's some pics that, for some reason, strike a chord with me. This is one of them. It make me think of 'The Indesicion Amalgamation', when almost at the end of the episode Amy is hesitant to even touch Sheldon (they're walking away, she asks what he'd want to eat, and he says that he doesn't know). The point is that now, when we get pics like this, I realize how far they've come.

I can't wait to see what the rest of season 10 has in store for Shamy! :dancer:

Yes ! Interesting how in Indecision Amy swings within a minute from leaning on Sheldon, practically bored to sleep while they're both on the floor, to wondering whether she should even touch him when he gets into a state over the shop shutting. I can't see him getting that worked up these days, and anyway she would know when he needs a hug and when to leave him be.

They are getting so ''together' these days that I wonder whether eventually they'll be like Lenny and just find themselves talking about marrying, but without any proposal stuff.

• Like 2

IMO a proposal will come at the end of the season or at least towards the end. As for the experiment, I can still see them concluding that they are compatible and yet going back to how they were before. Of course then they'll be missing each other.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Judith said:

IMO a proposal will come at the end of the season or at least towards the end. As for the experiment, I can still see them concluding that they are compatible and yet going back to how they were before. Of course then they'll be missing each other.

I think it very much depends on the future of the show, if this season is not the last then an engagement towards the end of the season makes a lot of sense. Get them engaged and living together by the end of Season 10 then in Season 11 have them planning a wedding, which sounds very good to me and a realistic kind of storyline pacing.

But if this season is the last season would they really want to end their whole arc on just an engagement? The Shamy shipper in me thinks they wouldn't but what do I know. I always saw them at the very least getting married at the very end of the show, but my real dream was to see a season or two of them adjusting to married life but that's probably not on the cards now.

• Like 9

Doesn't Sheldon look handsome and kinda hot  in rolled up sleeves and that shirt ? This episode looks funny as long as Sheldon doesn't go all Pants Alternative while he is drunk . LOL ! 

It would be  great if he cooks for the brunch. He excels at baking breads.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Doesn't Sheldon look handsome and kinda hot  in rolled up sleeves and that shirt ? This episode looks funny,as long as Sheldon doesn't go all Pants Alternative while he is drunk . LOL !

I can't comment, but one of my sisters thinks Jim/Sheldon looks really, what's the word? 'Buff' I think she said right now lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Doesn't Sheldon look handsome and kinda hot  in rolled up sleeves and that shirt ? This episode looks funny (as long as Sheldon doesn't go all Pants Alternative while he is drunk . LOL ! )

It would be so great if he cooks for the brunch for Amy. He excels at baking breads.

A handsome man who knows his way around in the kitchen? Amy is a lucky woman!

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think it very much depends on the future of the show, if this season is not the last then an engagement towards the end of the season makes a lot of sense. Get them engaged and living together by the end of Season 10 then in Season 11 have them planning a wedding, which sounds very good to me and a realistic kind of storyline pacing.

But if this season is the last season would they really want to end their whole arc on just an engagement? The Shamy shipper in me thinks they wouldn't but what do I know. I always saw them at the very least getting married at the very end of the show, but my real dream was to see a season or two of them adjusting to married life but that's probably not on the cards now.

Yeah, if this is the last season they'll have to wrap things up quickly. The ideal for me would be two more seasons. I'll compromise with one though. Who knows, if we're lucky, we might get to see them married for a few episodes.

ETA: They added more pics on Instagram!

Edited by Judith
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Judith said:

Question: is there an official synopsis? I read one on Tumblr that says Amy will be hosting a Sheldon-style brunch.

I've read the same thing on several different web sites, but haven't seen a link back to a CBS press release.

• Like 1

Writers are doing a great job in la department, better than I thought they would. They are exploring all things that a couple has to accomplish and to compromise and with shamy ic, without rushes by far. The  touching part is amazing, havent you notice how both are slolwy getting so used to touch each other? :wub: 

And Sheldon  seems so happy in those moments but at same time it is not an overreacted sense of happpiness, know what I mean? :)

However the end of la experiment might be hard for shamy and for us, writters are really putting them enjoyng it even more week by week and we could not choose better place for they be in their relationship. 4 B dares to become  shamy place, they  fit so well there and mostly important, they feel so confortable there.

I wonder if the goal of all this wonderful domestic bliss is really doing a kind of cliffhanger for a few episodes  as the experiment overs. Sheldon  and Amy would really miss each other together, we will miss them together  too and one more epic episode for fixing that  might be on the writers team mind.

I am so in board for watching and enjoying all of that :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, April said:

Amy would have been out of town for at least one episode regardless cause Mayim injured herself the weekend before taping. There may or may not have been a rewrite to accommodate her for the 2nd episode but I think in the end it wouldn't have made a huge difference in terms of Shamy's S9 trajectory.

I honestly have no idea. I would have gone with them sharing at least a room because it's been one year since Fort and that would have been a nice touch. But since they were making such a big deal of the bed sharing now I'm really not sure. Maybe it was two rooms. Maybe it was one room with two beds. Maybe it was one room with one really big bed. Maybe it was the difference of sharing a bed for one weekend then vs. sharing it for 5 weeks now. I honestly don't know.

Did Mayim say how she injured her back? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, luminous said:

A promo pic from episode 10x06 :shy:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-6-Photos-The-Fetal-Kick-Catalyst-07.jpg

(Source: */CBS)

Notice, his chin is on her head again.

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

That picture is so cute, and they look so domesticated.

Has anyone else noticed that, all these years after the car accident, Mayim still eats British style, ie, with the fork in her left-hand?

BTW, that is some serious eye coitus. :maninlove: 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rachelshamyfan said:

Did Mayim say how she injured her back? 

Yes, but I forgot what exactly it was. It's something really stupid though like reaching for a bowl and then she threw out her back. She wrote about it on grok nation back in December last year.

• Like 3

Having realised after seeing mentions of 'mimosas' in a few places that we're not talking about Penny's plants but the American word for 'bucks fizz', I've been thinking about our two languages. That led my train of thought and grasshopper mind on to  Shamy's language. In Hot Tub I noticed Amy told Leonard about Koothrapalli giving Sheldon a turkey dog. Hitherto she's always called him Rajesh. Has anyone noticed any other influences on each other's language that Shamy have had since moving in together ?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Having realised after seeing mentions of 'mimosas' in a few places that we're not talking about Penny's plants but the American word for 'bucks fizz', I've been thinking about our two languages. That led my train of thought and grasshopper mind on to  Shamy's language. In Hot Tub I noticed Amy told Leonard about Koothrapalli giving Sheldon a turkey dog. Hitherto she's always called him Rajesh. Has anyone noticed any other influences on each other's language that Shamy have had since moving in together ?

Same here, as to me "Mimosas" are flowers, lol! TBBT also helps us to improve our cultural references. :)

I have noticed it too. Well, I think probably we will see more of these influences that they would do to each other as much time they stay together in their place but the hug thing is something that Sheldon is being influenced by Amy undoubtely.

I mean, they had shared a few hugs but the first time we saw Amy giving a hug to Sheldon and he didnt try to stay away of that as he realy enjoy it as she hugs him was in ep.4. I say this because in episode of Mars when they hugged, Sheldon didnt try to stay away but he was not so confortable as he is now with the touching part between them.

Then we had the amazing hug in bathroom where Sheldon was into it 100%. Now we know there is another hug in ep6, all hugs with a smiling Sheldon as they held each other. Amy has always enjoyed hugs and cuddles as we know but seeing Sheldon wishing that a hug lasts as it happened in ep 5 is something wonderful character growing related.

Speaking of hugs, we have to see Sheldon cuddling Amy one bed or sofa as it would be him who started because he wanted it. Amy is the best influence he has ever had in his life. :) 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4