[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

1. Obviously the dream scenario and the one I really want to happen.

2. I could live with to a point, but my no.1 fear would be that it could turn out 'nasty' especially with the Sheldon/Lenny dynamic. This show has history with that, causing drama and conflict when it comes to the issue about the living situation (especially kicking Sheldon when he is down). So yes I could be on board with what you propose for a 'short while' but have some reservations.

3. Don't want to happen, can't see it happen either. The most refreshing thing the writers have done in years and from what I gather is getting a lot of praise in the media and they would turn the clocks completely back? I don't see how this situation benefits any character involved especially longer term. It will then bring up the whole question about Shamy's relationship again and where they go from here. I assume in this scenario they never get engaged? Man that would so suck.

So to summarize my opinion 1= Hell yeah!, 2= Maybe, but I see trouble ahead, 3=No frelling way!

Of course my ideal scenario is Option 1. The writers are making us have a very nice picture of how Shamy can function as a couple who lives together and I can't find anything I don't like in it. This is refreshing, gives the opportunity of amazing character developing and of many funny plots. It also makes sense in terms of the plausibility of the show, because frankly Lenny still bound to their roommate has clearly become beyond any suspension of disbelieve. Unfortunately can see also 2 or 3 happen. 

Having Shamy apart for some (not too many) episodes missing each other is something I don't mind too much. I don't think that will turn out in something overdramatic, especially in relation with Shelnard. If the writers choose this angle, Sheldon and Amy will be pretty uncomfortable alone and my guess is they will drive everybody around them crazy. That might be true above all for Lenny, but in such cases they are also supportive friends, which would realize what the "real" problem is here. Nonetheless, it would be really odd to me that Lenny would agree to live with Sheldon again in the first place. I can buy as a "Shamy" thing to stick to their original plan and to the parameters they have set for the experiment, but I cannot buy Lenny agreeing to return to the status quo. Which leads me to...I would hate if everything goes back to "normal" without any further mention of the LA, but frankly the writers have swept things under the rug before, so that would not surprise me. In this case, I don't see any major fight between Sheldon Leonard or Penny for a while, because,  if they do the obvious viewer's reaction would be: MOVE!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Has anyone else noticed that, all these years after the car accident, Mayim still eats British style, ie, with the fork in her left-hand?

I saw that and wondered if she was a southpaw...

Everything is possible in la scenario after the experiment ends but I cant  believe  it would be to back to the original la and everithyng goes without any impact of the experiment in each person  involved. Sheldon and Amy are really geting into big emotional changes and lenny s potencial changes in their relationship are realy great with the fact that Sheldon is able to build  a life together  with Amy with an eye in a future engagement. It would taste bitterly and it would surely disapoint many fans of both couples. They would not want a big dicrease in show ratings in such crucial moment of the live of  show which has so many fans around the world and from many ages. It would be an unfair end for such memorable show for so many subjects portraited on it, socially , pop culture and science related.

I am a big fan of the la option with  the experiment well suceed. With or without shamy proposal just right there after the experiment over. :)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, boys3allc said:

Quoting myself from earlier...

It looks like the writers are giving me quite a few items off my wish list.

When the experiment first started I was 100% convinced itbwas a way to make five weeks progress quickly. Since we started the season directly after the last episode of the season. That the next episode would pick up five weeks later and we would get just a synopsis of their time together. I was delighted to discover it was the opposite happening. The writers were using this as a tactic to stall time to make Bernadettes pregnancy stretch longer.

I still did'nt want to get my hopes up that we would see beyond a few snippets of their time together. Yet they have shown us large chunks of what them living together is like.

So of course instead of basking in the glow of all my dreams coming true. I amy worrying about the writers end game. The way I see it three things could happen.

1) The experiment is declared a success. Their compatibilty is now cemented. They decide to move in together permanently. Getting engaged along the way.

2)The experiment is a success but things go back to the staus quo for a bit. We see Sheldon pining a bit for his time with Amy. Telling Leonard and Penny they should do things more like her. Until finally towards the end of the season he decides its better with Amy and they move in together.

3) They go their seperate ways after the experiment. They are still together of course but living arrangements are never mentioned again. Everything is exactly as it was before.

what is everyone elses thoughts on it?

I don't know why but I feel the writers are seriously taking things in the direction of them permanently living together.

I honestly didn't think they would even get to this point as quickly as they did. My take on the reasons is one of two things:

1) They want to shake it up a little to see how the audience reacts to the new living situations.(And let's face it we love it!) OR

2) They are writing like this really is the last season(don't hate me.....I hate myself for thinking it) and they are moving them fast to get them to the engagement and wedding by the end. And let me make myself clear....I think there will be more seasons.  This is just a theory I have.

For some reason I feel the time jump has already occurred. We didn't see the baby bump in the first three episodes but in the 4th it was clearly there and then this week very clearly there. I think between the time they talked to the military guy and now it has been a month or even two. I mean they clearly knew they weren't getting the math done in the two months now they are taking their time and showing other stories. ...

For some reason, I think we will see the entire 5 weeks of the experiment including the talk about the results of the experiment.

Okay my two cents..

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

She has mentioned that since her accident she has weakness in her right hand and has also talked about having either occupational or physical therapy on it. I think I read it on her website.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kimbee73 said:

I don't know why but I feel the writers are seriously taking things in the direction of them permanently living together.

I honestly didn't think they would even get to this point as quickly as they did. My take on the reasons is one of two things:

1) They want to shake it up a little to see how the audience reacts to the new living situations.(And let's face it we love it!) OR

2) They are writing like this really is the last season(don't hate me.....I hate myself for thinking it) and they are moving them fast to get them to the engagement and wedding by the end. And let me make myself clear....I think there will be more seasons.  This is just a theory I have.

For some reason I feel the time jump has already occurred. We didn't see the baby bump in the first three episodes but in the 4th it was clearly there and then this week very clearly there. I think between the time they talked to the military guy and now it has been a month or even two. I mean they clearly knew they weren't getting the math done in the two months now they are taking their time and showing other stories. ...

For some reason, I think we will see the entire 5 weeks of the experiment including the talk about the results of the experiment.

Okay my two cents..

Totally agree with all you've said ! X

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RoRo said:

She has mentioned that since her accident she has weakness in her right hand and has also talked about having either occupational or physical therapy on it. I think I read it on her website.

I wondered about that.  Eating with your left hand would be an easy way to give her right hand a break.  I broke my right elbow a number of years ago, and eating left-handed was one adaptation I made.  Doing CNTL-ALT-DELETE was much tougher.  :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

The doom and gloom in me is starting to believe that all the goodness we are seeing, starting with the Lenny redo this season, and getting to meet Pennys family, and a pregnancy on the Howardette front, points to this season being the last (I sure hope not). When it comes to Shamy especially we see a lot of forward moving progress and lots of fun and special moments. Just has that "ending it all with a bang!" feeling.

So with that I believe the experiment will end with the living arrangements at some point becoming permanent. The only way I see that changing is if the show is extended another season or two and the writers can pump the brakes and delay that plot (though I would only see a delay and that Shamy will still end up together under one roof).

I do believe that with the uncertainty of S11 they probably planned for the first half of S10 to build a solid foundation so that they can write a satisfactory ending for the show if S10 is indeed the last. But if it isn't and they find out halfway through S10 that they'll have another season or two then a change like the LAs is still helping to keep it fresh and they can drag some other big events like a wedding into the next season.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

1 hour ago, Lady in Red said:

No, I went back to check "The Closure Alternative" where Amy and Sheldon play tic tac toe, and Mayim is definitely right-handed.  I'm sure there are other examples.

There are other examples, going all way back to the first proper Shamy episode, The Robotic Manipulation.

Also, The Agreement Dissection.

1 hour ago, Riley7 said:

I'm so bad at fanfics. I've half written 3 and I always end up hating and deleting them.

You practically wrote it in your post.

56 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

Eating with your left hand would be an easy way to give her right hand a break.

Holding the fork in the left hand, is normal for us Brits. :) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, April said:

Yes, but I forgot what exactly it was. It's something really stupid though like reaching for a bowl and then she threw out her back. She wrote about it on grok nation back in December last year.

Oh ok ta, have been a bit behind everything tbbt recently

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

And this way is.. actually I've no idea. 

PDVD_817.jpg

PDVD_818.jpg

PDVD_819.jpg

Maybe Sheldon was so lost in thoughts because "Darlin" which was inside his head like a earworm that made  him use the fork in wrong  hand. :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

Well to me he is using the correct hand (although I wasn't aware it was a British thing), its the way he's holding it and using it.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

lol yeah, it's a weird hand angle on that fork in his left hand. In that first picture he's holding that fork like he's about to carve a joint of roast beef or a roast turkey.

By the looks of it we must be so content right now we have nothing to talk about but cutlery etiquette lol.

Any ideas when some of the sneak peak promos come on? I assume early next week? This episode just gone had an outstanding and historically great Shamy scene, but I am more intrigued and looking forward to this upcoming episode a lot more.

• Like 2