Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think they wanted to do with him is what they initially did with Wil Wheaton and he wasn't keen on it.

I'm so glad he turned them down and we got Wil Wheaton!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sylphadora said:

Funny! I knew 'randy' meant 'horny' but I thought it was an American word. Well, is't our forum educational.

I've certainly learned a lot here, Sylphadora. Many years ago a fellow student who'd been an A.I. man in Dorset before going back to his studies  as a 'mature' told me that the old local term for a cow in season was 'a rand' which was where the adjective 'randy' came from. It could have crossed the Atlantic with  pilgrims or prisoners and become an American word too at some point, so you could be right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

I've certainly learned a lot here, Sylphadora. Many years ago a fellow student who'd been an A.I. man in Dorset before going back to his studies  as a 'mature' told me that the old local term for a cow in season was 'a rand' which was where the adjective 'randy' came from. It could have crossed the Atlantic with  pilgrims or prisoners and become an American word too at some point, so you could be right.

Do you remember "BROBDINGNAGIAN"? (I think in season 4, when Sheldon fights with Raj about the desk)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Susana Alcira said:

I don´t expect the baby birth by Christmas/New Year. Bernie reveals her pregnancy on VD (FEB 14) By Christmas time it will have... ELEVEN months! I see the birth on next episode (10 x 9) Episode 11 has always been the last of the year, mostly Christmas/New Year episode and last season Amy´s birthday (Dec 17TH) IMO SHAMY coitus 2 will 9 or 10, if they don´t want to be on Amy´s birthday.

Sheldon´s dance and rose petals ALMOST KILL ME!!

Thank you Shamydawson and MJC45!  You made us sooo happy!!

Judged by the flowers outside Penny's/Shamy's window it was still summer last week. Do you think they'll do a time-jump to September for ep 9 and then another to December for eps 10 and 11 ?  What else might they do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Judged by the flowers outside Penny's/Shamy's window it was still summer last week. Do you think they'll do a time-jump to September for ep 9 and then another to December for eps 10 and 11 ?  What else might they do ?

It is Pasadena, The City of the Flowers!

and last season we really don´t know what time has passed between ep 5 and 9 (Thanksgiving episode)

This season they have the pregnacy. It couln´t last more than the end of October!

Edited by Susana Alcira

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm excited for this episode. Don't get me wrong. But I'm kind of upset about Amy's response.

I can't help but think about Sheldon's feelings throughout all of this. Of course, Amy has a right to choose whether or not she wants to have sex. But if she doesn't make it clear why she doesn't want to, I could see that creating confusion/feelings of rejection for Sheldon. 

If you think about it from his pov... You're not interested in sex or romance or even touching anyone. You meet a girl who shares your aversion. But then you get feelings for her, and she wants a more traditional relationship, and you basically change your entire world for her. All the while you are unclear of social cues and what's expected of you. Then she starts talking about sex and wanting that from you, and that's hard, but you eventually actually have sex with her. And you both enjoy it. And then you feel like you're ready to have that intimate relationship she wants and.... she rejects you. Yikes. 

Of course, we know Amy thinks Sheldon is crazy and just wants to get her pregnant. But from Sheldon's POV, he probably feels like he's done something wrong because suddenly she doesn't want what she's been begging for for years. 

And I definitely don't think Sheldon actually wants to have a baby right now... I mean, his first thought when Bernie and Howard announced their baby was "vasectomy".

Maybe I'm giving Sheldon too much credit or thinking too far into this, but if Amy doesn't make it clear that she does not want to get pregnant, this could be potentially hurtful for Sheldon. 

What do y'all think?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, rice sheldon said:

I'm excited for this episode. Don't get me wrong. But I'm kind of upset about Amy's response.

I can't help but think about Sheldon's feelings throughout all of this. Of course, Amy has a right to choose whether or not she wants to have sex. But if she doesn't make it clear why she doesn't want to, I could see that creating confusion/feelings of rejection for Sheldon. 

If you think about it from his pov... You're not interested in sex or romance or even touching anyone. You meet a girl who shares your aversion. But then you get feelings for her, and she wants a more traditional relationship, and you basically change your entire world for her. All the while you are unclear of social cues and what's expected of you. Then she starts talking about sex and wanting that from you, and that's hard, but you eventually actually have sex with her. And you both enjoy it. And then you feel like you're ready to have that intimate relationship she wants and.... she rejects you. Yikes. 

Of course, we know Amy thinks Sheldon is crazy and just wants to get her pregnant. But from Sheldon's POV, he probably feels like he's done something wrong because suddenly she doesn't want what she's been begging for for years. 

And I definitely don't think Sheldon actually wants to have a baby right now... I mean, his first thought when Bernie and Howard announced their baby was "vasectomy".

Maybe I'm giving Sheldon too much credit or thinking too far into this, but if Amy doesn't make it clear that she does not want to get pregnant, this could be potentially hurtful for Sheldon. 

What do y'all think?

If he doesn't really want to have a baby then he needs to say so, because at the moment she thinks that is his only intention for wanting sex.  After years of him not showing any desire for it, that's understandable.  So they both need to be clear on it.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, rice sheldon said:

I'm excited for this episode. Don't get me wrong. But I'm kind of upset about Amy's response.

I can't help but think about Sheldon's feelings throughout all of this. Of course, Amy has a right to choose whether or not she wants to have sex. But if she doesn't make it clear why she doesn't want to, I could see that creating confusion/feelings of rejection for Sheldon. 

If you think about it from his pov... You're not interested in sex or romance or even touching anyone. You meet a girl who shares your aversion. But then you get feelings for her, and she wants a more traditional relationship, and you basically change your entire world for her. All the while you are unclear of social cues and what's expected of you. Then she starts talking about sex and wanting that from you, and that's hard, but you eventually actually have sex with her. And you both enjoy it. And then you feel like you're ready to have that intimate relationship she wants and.... she rejects you. Yikes. 

Of course, we know Amy thinks Sheldon is crazy and just wants to get her pregnant. But from Sheldon's POV, he probably feels like he's done something wrong because suddenly she doesn't want what she's been begging for for years. 

And I definitely don't think Sheldon actually wants to have a baby right now... I mean, his first thought when Bernie and Howard announced their baby was "vasectomy".

Maybe I'm giving Sheldon too much credit or thinking too far into this, but if Amy doesn't make it clear that she does not want to get pregnant, this could be potentially hurtful for Sheldon. 

What do y'all think?

He does know why she's rejecting him. She told him that she's doesn't want a baby right now and he thought she was just playing hard to get.

If he's thinking he did something wrong, I'm sure he'll address it either off-screen post episode 8, or next week. I'm still holding Molaro true to his goal of getting Sheldon learn that sexy-time is for more than just procreation and birthday presents.

I was upset about that at first, too. I'm still kinda "urrrrgh..." about Amy constantly rejecting him when she can easily tell him to buy condoms or make herself an appointment for some contraceptives lol It's just for the comedy factor though. Which I can appreciate too. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, April said:

From what I got from the posts and clarifications Sheldon is the one who has this sudden idea of "let's make a baby" in the first place because of their experiment and that is what Amy is rejecting. It is made clear in the episode. And the ending with the "she'll be back..." also shows that he's in no way discouraged.

What he needs to accept is that it's not the right time for a baby. But if he wants to make love instead I'm sure Amy will jump his bones in no time. LOL

I'm glad he's not discouraged. I'd just fear that he'd stop trying to get her to have sex because of this and oh boy that'd set them back...

And again, I really don't think he actually wants a kid. Maybe that's just an excuse because he's been all randy lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

He does know why she's rejecting him. She told him that she's doesn't want a baby right now and he thought she was just playing hard to get.

If he's thinking he did something wrong, I'm sure he'll address it either off-screen post episode 8, or next week. I'm still holding Molaro true to his goal of getting Sheldon learn that sexy-time is for more than just procreation and birthday presents.

I was upset about that at first, too. I'm still kinda "urrrrgh..." about Amy constantly rejecting him when she can easily tell him to buy condoms or make herself an appointment for some contraceptives lol It's just for the comedy factor though. Which I can appreciate too. 

If Amy thinks Sheldon only wants sex to make a baby, what good would a condom talk do?  She probably wants to make love with him when she knows that he wants her FOR her...not just for procreation.  And he hasn't made that clear.   

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for easing some of my fears about this situation lol... Sadly it doesn't ease the fear I think is on everyone's mind right now: this fanservice is happening because this is the last season.

It almost seems like they are setting Shamy up for a spinoff. The misadventures of two zany individuals living together and exploring the world... They could call the show Laverne & Shirl--

I mean. *cough* Sheldon and Amy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I hardly think that Sheldon's ego can be discouraged by some resistance. He thinks that he excels at so many things and Amy herself made it clear he actually did excel.  He knows that resistance is futile, in this case, LOL! I just think she is just astonished by all these changes in her life in so a short period, she just need some time to calm down and having a serious conversation with Sheldon about birth control...

Agree. That talk is needed, lol. Amy is just handling with all the changes in her and Sheldon's relationship. I believe we will see soon how much she wants that too. :)

Btw, how did I give  already 100 likes?!

Mods, we should have 200 likes avaiable for special shamy days. Just saying :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Susana Alcira said:

Do you remember "BROBDINGNAGIAN"? (I think in season 4, when Sheldon fights with Raj about the desk)

Well yes, considering Dr Gulliver went to sea a lot, he could have gone to America and told stories there. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loving all the spoilers and discussion!  It's definitely a fun time to be a Shamy. 

Knowing how TPTB love parrellel stories between the characters, I'm wondering if Shamy coitus 2 will happen while Bernie is giving birth?  The timing seems about right.  It could be quite comical!  Heavy breathing in the Shamy bedroom, while Bernie is grunting during labor. Amy yelling "Oh Sheldon!"  While Bernie is screaming at Howard!  Baby is born and happy relief.....Shamy smiling and happy relief in the bedroom.  I could go on and on.....maybe too raunchy....,better stop :blind:

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, April said:

I also don't think that he really wants a kid, not at this point anyway. But I'm not so sure if he realises that just yet, you know?

All his life he's been taken pride in being above those sexual urges. Then Amy comes along and things start to change gradually as they become more physical. He's starting to get curious about sex and he's admitted working on his issues with intimacy so that maybe one day he'll be able to do that. A few years and a terrible heartbreak later he is finally ready, they do it and enjoy it more than they thought they would. But apparently he's still trying to keep whatever urges he might have under control. And as long as they keep their normal relationship routine it works.

But now he's been living with Amy more closely and intimately than ever before and that alone is apparently causing all sorts of feelings and desires to stir. It's probably a bit confusing and overwhelming in a way. Talking and doing science with Amy has explicitly become some sort of foreplay for them, and in this particular episode it's the experiment that kinda combines his and Amy's DNA which obviously is how baby making works so his arousal probably becomes weirdly linked to that particular thought. I think after he untangles these things a bit he'll have a clearer idea of what to do.

I would give a like if I had not run of likes. Just for say I agree 100 % with you on this, specially about the Sheldon s arousal linked weirdly with possibility of DNA combination. It is about science  and it really turns on our Shelley!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You also have to keep in mind that everything we know from Amy suggests she has wanted to see Sheldon be more like this, so more flirty, more open to being physical, more loving etc. So I have a hard time believing that suddenly she has done a 180 and completely changed her views. She's not a nympho and never has been (there was a time when she was unfairly called this by some) but I think it's fair to suggest she does enjoys the physical side and has always wanted that to be a part of her life as well.

Maybe how much Sheldon has gone like this and as quickly has genuinely shocked her and she needs some time to adjust. But it's because of her he's now like this, he clearly loves her so much and now he is living with her he can't escape to 4A with his feelings when he feels he is about to get overwhelmed, he wants to express them. That seems pretty normal and plausible to me.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AllyAnne said:

If Amy thinks Sheldon only wants sex to make a baby, what good would a condom talk do?  She probably wants to make love with him when she knows that he wants her FOR her...not just for procreation.  And he hasn't made that clear.   

Ding, ding, ding. That's what this episode is about... Sheldon wanting a baby and Amy saying no to that.

For all of the talk about how fast things are moving, I actually think it's going at normal speed. This seems like a big step for Shamy because they're living together and they're talking children but at the end of the day, the answer to Sheldon's overzealous suggestion is no. They are still in limbo about where they're going to live, they still haven't slept together, and the progress we're seeing in Sheldon's attitude is about 3 years late. 

When I think about the episode as some sort of sexually awakened Sheldon trying to seduce Amy and being turned down because she doesn't know what birth control is... yeah. That's weird. I just don't think that's what this episode is about and when we get more detail/see it for ourselves, I'm sure it will be more up to par with what we're used to.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You also have to keep in mind that everything we know from Amy suggests she has wanted to see Sheldon be more like this, so more flirty, more open to being physical, more loving etc. So I have a hard time believing that suddenly she has done a 180 and completely changed her views. She's not a nympho and never has been (there was a time when she was unfairly called this by some) but I think it's fair to suggest she does enjoys the physical side and has always wanted that to be a part of her life as well.

Maybe how much Sheldon has gone like this has genuinely shocked her and she needs some time to adjust. But it's because of her he's now like this, he clearly loves her so much and now he is living with her he can't escape to 4A with his feelings, he wants to express them. That seems pretty normal and plausible to me.

Yeah, I think for Amy it's a mixed bag.

First of all, obviously she doesn't want to go straight to making babies. And she knows how Sheldon can become obsessed with his crackpot ideas so she's noping right of that for good reason.

Secondly, they've just been living together for a few weeks (Idk if there will be a time jump, now that I think about it) and, as you say, she's probably still getting used to that hippie she's suddenly having to deal with (oh Shelly! <3). I mean this is the girl who only a little time prior thought their "2 years until hand holding" was hot - and now that same guy who was kicking and screaming for years resisting anything intimate suddenly turned into her very own, very willing snuggle bunny. LOL

And thirdly, I also think it has something to do with him really laying it on thick here. He feels out of character because he is. He's putting on these acts because he's probably heard that from the guys over the years or seen it in movies or whatever. Which brings me to a somewhat recent interview with Molaro in which he made clear that Amy doesn't want to change or tame him. She loves him with all his quirks and I think that might be the key here. If he'd just be himself she would probably have an even more difficult time resisting him.

But, obviously he really needs to sort out the baby thing first because... nope.

Edited by April
  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.