[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

59 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Before Season 10 started the progression I saw/predicted was something like this:

Occasional Sleepovers at 4A or Amy's place ==> Engagement==>Marriage=>Living Together

With Sheldon's homeostasis issues he could have got engaged to her and not lived together until they finally got married. Now this wouldn't have been the ideal path but I never thought that they would end up living together until perhaps the very end of the show. How could I not think that when for years you get no movement and the writers publicly indicate they are scared to do anything on that front.

Obviously what has happened so far has totally on so many levels and in so many ways completely blown my fucking mind. And it makes perfect normal couple sense, live together before getting married not after because you can then iron out all the kinks before then and make it less stressful than it would have been.

I think Sheldon doesn't give a fig what his mother may think, he loves her of course but it's his life. He also knows she is nowhere near as devout as she pretends she is. Mary? She will of course pray for their sins but would support them living together as well, she loves her children and she wants Sheldon to be happy.

Amy's mother? I have no clue what she will think she is such a contradiction from everything we have heard. Actually Shamy being shacked up could be a great time for her to pop over sometime.

Ooh an idea! Have a storyline where she goes to Amy's place and finds out she is not living there at the moment. Amy has left instructions to a neighbor to redirect mail or something. Amy's mother finds out and turns up at 4B, could be interesting. Though you would think she would have told her mother, but maybe not or maybe she hasn't moved all her stuff out yet so it's not actually vacant? Amy could still have some rent covered for say a month.

Oh I would love to see Amy's mother show up at 4b! Her face when she would find out that her daughter is living with Sheldon in sin. I hope she has no cardiac diseases. :icon_twisted:

Although one dinner and a sleepover  with them might change that.:icon_twisted:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Oh I would love to see Amy's mother show up at 4b! Her face when she would find out that her daughter is living with Sheldon in sin. I hope she has no cardiac diseases. :icon_twisted:

Although one dinner and a sleepover  with them might change that.:icon_twisted:

She might put her in the sin closet. Maybe Shelly can join her. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Promo  pic for 10.7 are up!!! The FwF part is adorable!!!It looks like the show was made for 4B!!!

Agree!

And Footprints on the Moon are back! However I hope Howard and Raj are just playing the national anthems of the respective countries and not 'Thor and Doctor Jones'. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 8

Just now, Radar said:

Agree!

And Footprints on the Moon are back! However I hope Howard and Raj are just playing the national anthems of the respective countries and not 'Thor and Doctor Jones'. :icon_cheesygrin:

I vote that Thor and Doctor Jones becomes the official theme song of FwF. I don't care that is has nothing to do with flags. It's catchy as fuck.

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Promo  pic for 10.7 are up!!! The FwF part is adorable!!!It looks like the show was made for 4B!!!

Where can I find the non-serious looking pictures that weren't posted here? Thanks a lot in advance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, shamour said:

Thank you so much shamydawson, that really doesn't sound so bad, and I'm so happy about the spooning! Now there are not many things left on my wishlist (apart from coitus 2.0 and they're getting there really fast IMO), I only wish to see Sheldon spooning her the next time... pretty please? :-)

Yes! I need Sheldon spooning Amy before my Shamy bucket list is complete... among other things that will most likely never happen on-screen. But I can dream! :) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, rice sheldon said:

I vote that Thor and Doctor Jones becomes the official theme song of FwF. I don't care that is has nothing to do with flags. It's catchy as fuck.

Yep, that's the trouble, won't be able to get it out off my head for hours now... :wink:

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, ShamyBabboos said:

Yes! I need Sheldon spooning Amy before my Shamy bucket list is complete... among other things that will most likely never happen on-screen. But I can dream! :) 

Same here! My hope is when they  had coitus again that Sheldon would spoon Amy after. Surely they would start to do that to each other  since then :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Yeah you should  be right, @Soopysue :)

This episodes seems so great! Drama and comedy, angst and cuteness. Omg my shipper obssesion is higher than ever, lol! I have a serious problem with this ship but for my sanity I dont care! :wub::icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

About the lying: honestly, I didn't want Sheldon or Amy to lie to each other. If there were to be lying, I'd have preferred them to lie as a team: either agreeing to fudge the experimental results to make them seem to be a success or inconclusive, or scheming to take 4A, or something like that. I'd be a bit irritated with a plot revolving around a Big Misunderstanding. 'How does he feel? How does she feel? Oh noes, oh noes!' Especially if it were played for Drama. (As it is, it seems like it was played for laughs, and on the strict understanding that the liar was at fault?)

But if either were to be lying - why, yes, I'd prefer for it to have been Sheldon. Basically for the reasons @mirs1 points out: It's relatively rare for Sheldon to be the one to be pushing for forward momentum (although this season seems to be trying to redress the balance!). While Amy lying out of insecurity, or a desire to prolong intimacy with Sheldon, has been done before. The show's gone to the well of Amy deceiving or manipulating Sheldon. It is tiresome for the show to put Amy in the position where she is still insecure about Sheldon, and will lie or prevaricate rather than just flat-out say what she wants.

And the show seems to recognise it, grabbing us by the lapels and saying 'FORGET THAT. WE'VE GOT (BUDDY COMEDY + MADE-UP LANGUAGES) SQUARED. SQUARED, BITCHES.'

I almost wonder whether the show badly wanted to have the symmetry of PAmy/Shelnard speaking in a secret language, and seized on the first excuse they could find to engineer such a situation.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

And the show seems to recognise it, grabbing us by the lapels and saying 'FORGET THAT. WE'VE GOT (BUDDY COMEDY + MADE-UP LANGUAGES) SQUARED. SQUARED, BITCHES.'

I almost wonder whether the show badly wanted to have the symmetry of PAmy/Shelnard speaking in a secret language, and seized on the first excuse they could find to engineer such a situation.

Yeah, let's just go with that. *thumbs up*

2 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, let's just go with that. *thumbs up*

I am only, like, 47% kidding. If I had the chance of writing PAmy/Shelnard Secret Language Friendship Moment Mirroring, I would bend one or two thousand narrative rules to do it too.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

While Amy lying out of insecurity, or a desire to prolong intimacy with Sheldon, has been done before. The show's gone to the well of Amy deceiving or manipulating Sheldon. It is tiresome for the show to put Amy in the position where she is still insecure about Sheldon, and will lie or prevaricate rather than just flat-out say what she wants.

^thumbs up ^