[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

14 hours ago, shamydawson said:

To me the fight wasn't that bad (Imo) sheldon asks Amy if they can drop by her apt to see how it's going and Amy is making excuses and sheldon says maybe we should complain to the manager and she keeps trying to change the conversation later sheldon Leonard and raj were in the cafeteria and said Amy's been acting weird when I asked her about her apt and Leonard says its cause she's been hiding from you that her apt been fixed already and Sheldon said I can't believe she wouldn't tell me, I shared my body with that women i even shared my Netflix password with her! He then says I have to confront her about this and Howard jumps in and says no don't tell her, save it when you do something bad and use it and Sheldon really liked that idea and Leonard's like don't do that. And Howard's like really? What if I had information about penny that u can use? He then says penny's been hidding ur collectibles little by little. Then they're back at the apt and penny and Amy walk in and Sheldon says something about her apt and she makes an excuse not to see it and then Leonard and Sheldon start talking in Klingon (idk what they said the subtitles were going real fast) and then penny and Amy start talking in their secret language and Amy says fine I lied and penny jumps in and says the only reason she lied is cause she loves you! It's called love! And Sheldon says something like well the experiment was a success and I'm open to living with Amy and Amy is happily shocked (also I think there was a scene afterwords in the comic book store and Howard asking Sheldon You love her right? and he says yes) and yada yada u know the rest haha (just wanted to clear that up even more:p) which btw I forgot Amy spooned Sheldon again hehe. God I wish I was there again haha 

rs_500x281-160920100014-tumblr_inline_nbwytv6vmO1qlt39u.gif

• Like 3

I just got to watch the episode... I actually had real life stuff to do tonight (damn you, college!)

I liked tonight's episode. At first I thought Sheldon was being really rude at the end but he was drunk as fuck, and I hadn't considered that he set up the table, the food, the drinks, the guests, everything... It's totally fair he didn't help Amy clean. 

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Yeah,I'm impressed, Sheldon made all that food. It looked like everyone liked it too.

You know, when I cook,  I make my bF do the dishes. So It is only fair that Amy cleans it up.  

But it was a funny and drama free episode. I liked that Amy didn't force Sheldon to do a brunch -it shows she is adjusting of his quirks, and it also shows that Sheldon is thoughtful enough to throw her a surprise. It was a nice balance. 

Sheldon so helpful and Amy so pleased with him : is this really happening or is he delirious in hospital with that bang on the head he got when Leonard was carrying him ?

• Like 2

I wish Shamy would have had more moments together, or, at least, that they wouldn't have given us the cutest portion of their interaction in sneak peek form. I swear I watched that sneak peek so much that I have the dialogue in that scene memorized. 

Also did anyone else think that Sheldon looks so cute at the head of the table?

• Like 7

Great to see this new side to them, an increasingly domesticated like a married couple Shamy lol. Sheldon went to so much effort to do something special for his lady it was great to see. Such an oddball mix of guests, but some of the jokes that Bert and Mrs Petrescu had did make me laugh. I like Bert, hope we see some more of him at some point.

Apart from the Stuart thing I thought Sheldon behaved pretty impeccably on the whole (for him lol), there is always the danger with Sheldon he can say something straight and blunt (especially coupled with alcohol) and with little thought to feelings because that's the way he is wired but he has massively improved on that front and that's in a large part because of Amy. Like @Soopysue said Sheldon realized from the facial expressions he fucked up but not sure how so he turns to Amy for help, that was kind of sweet in a way. The toast seemed pretty sincere to Stuart and they clearly made up.

Drunken Sheldon has been done before and the tag was funny at times, not sure I liked that tidbit about cursing and that small barb towards Amy but he was drunk I am not sure he meant it plus he was kind if led to that by Stuart's compliment. I understand why Amy asked for help but understand why he didn't, he did all the cooking and all the preparation work. That's actually pretty normal in relationships.

It was a good episode and I really enjoyed the Shamy bits but there is some (non shamy) I didn't like in that episode much, more of that in the Season Discussion or episode thread.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Shamy were for sure the best part of this episode for me! The dinner scene was so demestic, they really seem to have settled down pretty well. I liked also that Amy let the "party" talk go pretty quickly, she didn't insist over it and didn't seem very disappointed that Sheldon wasn't a fan of the idea. It looks like she is willing to make compromises to make the "experiment" (which is not an experiment anymore) work. I also liked that Sheldon reevaluated the situation and understood that was something Amy really wanted and surprised her. The sneak peek we saw days ago was the highlight of the episode, I can see why the monkeys at CBS decided to show it. I like domestic Shamy, Sheldon as a host pouring the mimosas and Amy so giddy when Stuart brought her flowers. I was not a huge fan of the "misunderstanding" with Stuart, TBH. It's been a very old joke that Sheldon says something inappropriate and then apologizes about it, but I have to admit that was nice that Stuart stood for himself and that Sheldon acknowledged he is part of the group now. The tag wasn't that funny, and I agree that Amy should have been in charge of cleaning up, since Sheldon made all the cooking. But she hasn't ever lived with somebody, she is learning how to "work as a team"...

Pretty much the same thoughts I had @mirs1, though something really irked me about parts of the Lenny scenes, but that's just probably me.

Yeah that sneak peak scene we got the other day was the best of the whole episode for me, followed by some of the Howardette/Raj interactions.

• Like 3

Loved the episode. They were adorable hosts!  I really really hope they stay on 4b and decorate it for themselves. I rather they stay there than go to Amy's old apartment. It is cozier.

Edited by Shamyyes
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, April said:

Morning fellow Shamies! It's reaction post time!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Overall I really loved the Shamy part of this episode. Domestic Shamy might just be my favourite thing! <3

Thoughts:

- The setup: For some reason I thought Amy specifically suggested a brunch and maybe even had some ideas about their guests and the food or whatever, and that that's why Sheldon surprised her with a brunch. But she only suggested to have some guests over and they didn't even get to any specific ideas before Sheldon shot her down. SO THE BRUNCH WAS 100% HIS IDEA!!! omg

- The sneak peek clip was easily the best part of the episode. Sheldon arranged everything in such a nice way, all that prepared food and the cooking - right down to him dressing up. (And again, that's 100% him!) Lucky Amy! <3

- I love how we get hugs and snuggles and flirting every episode now! The happy hug, Amy's pedantry about surprises, Sheldon being turned on by that and even admitting it out loud in a flirty way while playfully smacking her butt... OMG THOSE TWO WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME!

- For some reason I found Sheldon fiddling with the champagne adorable. lol

- Totally called Sheldon hurting Stuart's feeling by excluding him from their "real friends" group. I loved that Stuart got fed up and stood up for himself. It's super sweet that he thinks of Shamy as family and I like the apology and toast he got, and that he and Sheldon had a fun time in the tag. The guy deserves a little win!

- As for Shamy in that situation I love how Sheldon immediately turns to Amy for help the moment he realised that he fucked up. Idk why but I always find it hilarious to see these two try to scramble through awkward social situations. Teamwork! <3

- Amy having to clean up in the tag was funny - and tbh I wouldn't trust a drunk Sheldon with anything in the kitchen. LOL Also, after 5 mimosas I'd probably be hammered, too (Champagne doesn't agree with me at all!) and say weird things. I don't even mind that last gag into Amy's direction. Sheldon's look to Amy in the end is a bit wary as if he's wondering whether he fucked up again. If she takes offence she'll surely let him know and he'll apologise, no harm done.

Other things:

- Looking forward to next week - the promo already had me laughing! I love that Amy recognises Klingon! And the "I've shared my body with that woman. And my Netflix password!" LMAO Perfect! Bring it on! :D

Some great observations and takes there April  :)

I thought it was funny that Sheldon went into describing all the various types of gatherings they could throw and you could see the exasperated look on her face and a kind of I wish I hadn't bothered lol. But like you said it was sweet he didn't rule out the idea AT ALL from the outset and he came up with the brunch on his own.

I am loving this new Sheldon, more caring not just towards his soulmate and the love of his life but also has shown more love and respect to his friends as well. I thought his apology to Stuart was genuine and from the heart so to speak. Stuart might be on the outside looking in at times but he is a part of their social circle and it was nice to see him get some respect.

I remember going back to your Season 9 review and your astute observation at the time that Sheldon has changed or has been more open on so many levels since the Spock Resonance and that has really showed in these Season 10 episodes so far. I think that was the episode was the catalyst that has changed him massively and in so many different ways.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I am loving this new Sheldon, more caring not just towards his soulmate and the love of his life but also has shown more love and respect to his friends as well. I thought his apology to Stuart was genuine and from the heart so to speak. Stuart might be on the outside looking in at times but he is a part of their social circle and it was nice to see him get some respect.

I remember going back to your Season 9 review and your astute observation at the time that Sheldon has changed or has been more open on so many levels since the Spock Resonance and that has really showed in these Season 10 episodes so far. I think that was the episode was the catalyst that has changed him massively and in so many different ways.

I love how this has really become a continuing journey of growth for him. S9 already showed a lot of that and now with him and Amy shacking up it's been amplified, no doubt in part because his brain is cooking in all those lovey-dovey hormones like oxytocin that make you more empathetic and eager to bond with other people. (My, what would I give for Amy to explain these hormonal processes to him as some sort of foreplay. #ForScience! of course)

But there was also something about the phrasing that I really liked and reminded me of Amy's empathy lesson in 9x13. So that lesson has slowly sunken in and he has an easier time making that connection to others and understand why they might be upset. And before anyone protests that Sheldon was always able to do that before Amy taught him that: Yes, he was but mostly in situations where the character he was empathic to was upset because of some other factor (like Howard's mom dying) but Sheldon had a huge blind spot when it came to him being the cause of hurting others and it's been always such a fight getting him to understand that cause that's the natural result of having a character with a huge ego who thinks he's always right. So now he's understanding that and how his words can hurt people even though he doesn't mean any harm. And it's becoming easier for him to apologise and rectify that behaviour. I love how in the tag the guys are trying to one up each other by dishing out compliments and I love how Sheldon compliments Stuart's "impeccable penmanship". That's so sweet! haha

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, April said:

And now for something completely different...

Shout out to @ShamyBabboos for mentioning on tumblr that in the 10x07 promo photos Sheldon is holding an eggplant and that it might symbolise something. Me being an innocent gal from outside the US I had to look that up because I had no idea what that's supposed to mean. And apparently the eggplant emoji has effectively become the replacement for the classical banana as a phallic symbol indicating sexual arousal/interest. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Also, I can't with these writers anymore! OMG LMAO

TBBTMaJimfacepalmawkward.gif

That's funny...no idea about it! The writers really want to underline sex is in Sheldon's mind, LOL! They use emonji, dream sequences, throw away lines., all of this leading to  10.8. BTW, the promo for 10.7 was really funny, with the quote "I shared my body with that woman...", but do you imagine the one for 10.8? I bet donuts to dollars they'll use the "Let's drop our pants and make a baby" scene...And the audience all around the world will scream!!!

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Jonny said:

lol, if that was indeed the purpose for using that prop then clearly Sheldon needs to get laid. 

Phallic symbols, flamenco dancing, flower petals, music, wine, hair gel, smartly dressed, bending over suggestively, sexual innuendos oh and also a sex dungeon dream/nightmare.

Yep he needs to get laid. :icon_wink:

The writers room tinkering with the 10x07 script:

"Do you think the sex dungeon dream might be too subtle??"

"We better give Jim that eggplant to hold for no reason. The kids will understand!"

"Perfect!"

LMAO

• Like 8

That next taping could be very interesting, will they just keep ramping it up? Will Sheldon continue his pursuit? Will Amy start to try and make some moves herself?

It's all pointing to something spontaneous and very passionate (it's a sitcom they can't go too far lol) I am sure of it.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, April said:

And now for something completely different...

Shout out to @ShamyBabboos for mentioning on tumblr that in the 10x07 promo photos Sheldon is holding an eggplant and that it might symbolise something. Me being an innocent gal from outside the US I had to look that up because I had no idea what that's supposed to mean. And apparently the eggplant emoji has effectively become the replacement for the classical banana as a phallic symbol indicating sexual arousal/interest. THE MORE YOU KNOW!

Also, I can't with these writers anymore! OMG LMAO

TBBTMaJimfacepalmawkward.gif

Haha !!! OMG I wondered what she meant !!!!!!

If that's the reason then - can you imagine how amused Jim is by all of this :icon_cheesygrin: lol lol 

@April - true and hillarious - also the most recent interview with Jim & Mayim - Jim talks about them building back up to " making love " again and Mayim (?) mentions the genitals line from ep 1 ......if only I was better on social media I'd find & link the interview , but alas I'm so crap at all things technical lol !!! 

But you guys know the one I mean ?? BTW I've paraphrased what was said as I also seem to have a crap memory these days haha !! 

• Like 2

I will be shocked and perhaps a little disappointed if the writers don't show Amy starting to act a lot more flirty and frisky.

I mean if I was a writer and i would want to keep building up that sexual tension right up until its peak I would want them both right there at that peak before they crack.

• Like 8