The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

18 minutes ago, shamydawson said:

His hair was real shiny covered in gel all slicked back (I think I don't remember)  but parted in the middle and Sheldon's shirt was unbutton like a v neck and was tucked in and his tie was around his neck untied, his sleeves were rolled up as well. Trust me he's so handsome haha. There was even candles and the lights were dimmed down to set the mood ;p

Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to that handsome ,sexy yet cringe-worthy  Jim Parsons GIF . LOL. 

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 6

58 minutes ago, shamydawson said:

His hair was real shiny covered in gel all slicked back (I think I don't remember)  but parted in the middle and Sheldon's shirt was unbutton like a v neck and was tucked in and his tie was around his neck untied, his sleeves were rolled up as well. Trust me he's so handsome haha. There was even candles and the lights were dimmed down to set the mood ;p

Edit: thinking about it, it was like 40s fashion clothing and hairstyle 

Thanks for the detail! 

I can't wait to see what this looks like... Sheldon is just a very handsome man in general, but to see him outside of his element in an attempt to seduce Amy.... it's going to be hilarious!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shamydawson said:

Edit: thinking about it, it was like 40s fashion clothing and hairstyle 

Thank you so much! Wow... this episode sounds amazing. We're all toast. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

Thank you so much! Wow... this episode sounds amazing. We're all toast. 

That description sounds hilarious! It reminds me back a decade ago when I first met my husband. He was a virgin and not well versed in the art of seduction. He would say crazy things like.

"let's do it baby." (In butt head voice and be serious) 

so I would say "if you want it you have to ask me sexier."

"come on baby, lets do the do." (Fake Barry White voice)

imo Sheldon asks her without being a bit goofy she will be putty in his hands.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

I wonder if Sheldon's inspiration came from Amy's love for old French movies...

THAT SENTENCE DID A PHYSICAL THING TO ME THAT'S SO FLIPPIN CUTE

hey look, its shamy. 

shamy.jpg

Edited by rice sheldon
  • Like 1

Re-watched the episode again this morning, especially that scene again when Amy comes home and see's what Sheldon has gone and organised. Such a fantastic scene, so well written and acted.

Almost got a bit emotional with the hug for some reason on repeat viewings lol. It wasn't the actual embrace but more that 'Awww' noise Sheldon made when she expressed how happy she was and thanked him for the surprise with a hug. :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I rewatched that scene a few times last night and got a bit emotional too. Because Sheldon showed he was happy because he made something that made Amy happy. Most important overall, Sheldon now cares for Amy s hapiness and does things, even that things that he wasnt much into doing them , for her.

One of the things that I noticed in all brunch at table was Sheldon often looked at Amy, for seeing if she kind of approve what  he was doing or saying. They are really interacting like a couple who love each other and that is so amazing that I cant get over all shamy scenes this season.

And last but not least, Sheldon knows when he is in trouble with Amy. That last look of him at her as he was druken with Stuart was priceless,lol! 

Yeah he kept looking at her a lot during the brunch and at times was kind of taking it quite slowly and reserved so he could change something quickly depending on her reaction.

I think he was most probably a bit out of his comfort zone at times, we all know what he is like with people he doesn't know that well and his thoughts on party's or gatherings. If that was the case he did a bloody good job for him not showing it much or suppressing it and I think wanting to make Amy happy really motivated him and perhaps got him through it.

The brunch seemed a success and they know now they can entertain as a couple. Maybe less booze next time though lol

Something struck me on repeat viewing when Amy said something about it being an odd selection of guests and wondering why he chose them. Sheldon then saying it was a trial run and about not having some of their very closest friends there. If the event was a success could Sheldon now host something more significant and something that will mean his closest friends WILL be there? Oh i don't know, like an engagement party?

lol that would be some twist if it turned out the success of this gathering and becoming comfortable to those type of settings might motivate him to throw an event like that?

I can dream lol.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

Welcome aboard, @YellowMugBlueMug! :D

I also only echo the sentiment that while their conflicts may not be the most fun parts of the episodes I do like how they're used to balance out the relationship in that they show us both with flaws and them working out the kinks with this experiment. This whole thing could have gotten so wrong but instead I'm really getting a sense of progress that is built on what they went through in S9 so I'm very very happy with the current developments and don't even mind the little conflicts.

Not to mention we're being served so much fluff in the process. It's like the writers finally realised they drained every stupid "no touchy/no hanky panky" joke out of them and are now using the closeness of cohabitation as a believable backdrop to dive into the unexplored well of "Shamy are finally doing *that* now" scenarios. I'm really enjoying getting a sense of them getting more and more comfortable and intimate with each other while the writers are no doubt orchestrating their Coitus 2.0 event.

Can't wait for the next taping! <3

• Like 8

Nice to see you discussing shamy with us, @YellowMugBlueMug:) More people, more fun! :wub:

Isnt shamy's relationship in a wonderful place right now?

With a few ups and  downs that are normal in every relationship but they now  share a place , they are getting more intimate as they interact more as they spend more time together and the goodness that every episode give us is so great, it is really happy times for shamy shippers. :)

Sheldon and Amy just cant live without being together at same place and I believe  that happens the same about sleeping at same bed.

The sense of "I cant get my hands  off you" is escalating, lol!

Next tapping, gosh, it migth be epic for them! :wub:

And for us, discussing all details before and after episode airs, discusssing what we saw and even those details that we didn see but we know that they  happened! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 9

18 hours ago, Jonny said:

Sheldon then saying it was a trial run and about not having some of their very closest friends there. If the event was a success could Sheldon now host something more significant and something that will mean his closest friends WILL be there? Oh i don't know, like an engagement party?

If this is the effort Sheldon goes to for a trial run, I can only imagine what the real deal would be like.   The table setting and the food he prepared looked amazing.   The man has been holding back on us.   I knew he was domesticated, but I didn't realize just how much.

HIs mother did raise him right.   Amy is one lucky woman.

Anyway, I like your idea of an engagement party.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

If this is the effort Sheldon goes to for a trial run, I can only imagine what the real deal would be like.   The table setting and the food he prepared looked amazing.   The man has been holding back on us.   I knew he was domesticated, but I didn't realize just how much.

HIs mother did raise him right.   Amy is one lucky woman.

Anyway, I like your idea of an engagement party.

And what is amazing is that Sheldon seems to be enjoying all domestic bliss and also enjoying the new social events that a couple usualy participates.

It is so great as a person can be open emotionaally for enjoy and tries things . Sheldon is finding that many things he knows how to do them, like cooking, they can be fun as he does it with or for Amy. I believe that is happening the same with Amy, no wonder that she must have regretted to herself the moment she thought of giving up on the la after a bad night. They seem so relaxed and even more connected with each other in a progressive way, I mean, they are handle with each other  flaws in a more natural way. And they slowly display more affection for each other in an unplanned way :wub:

I really like the @Jonny idea of a engagement party.  It seems something Sheldon  would do as he tried it first with a kind of "guest list test group". However he knows that he should not let people think it was what  was about, I really liked how he fixed the slip he had with Stuart before he made the toast.

And last but not least, I think after bathroom schedule, another  Sheldon 's"schedule" fell : the kind of food  to order for each day of the week". Now Sheldon and Amy have their own way of taking care for their meals: more healhy and homemade, I guess :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

We had what I assumed was a throw away line about his soda bread years ago which perhaps indicated Sheldon might be pretty competent at least at cooking. But that was nothing concrete and saw it just as a throwaway piece of dialogue.

Then of course the guy basically lives off takeaway for years occasionally going out for a meal and on the rare occasion you saw him on date nights in 4A or eating with Lenny you never really saw who did the cooking. When you did see him making stuff it was like easy recipe odd things like insect snow cones for Leonard or simply toast.

But the truth is the guy can clearly cook, Amy is one lucky woman. :)

• Like 9

What I really like it's how naturally but yet surprisingly for the viewers this plot has been developed, I never thought that in 4 episodes she would have had Shamy happily settled in their own apartment for good. After all the developments Shamy's relationship has had during S. 9 and after Sheldon realized how much he values Amy's presence in his life, he just needed a little push (given by framing it as an experiment) to agree in living with her. Then, it was natural there were some bumps in the road, those are two very structured people, Sheldon has a very strict schedule for almost everything and Amy hasn't ever lived with anyone, so at the very beginning there were some doubts on her part and a freak out on his part, but both of them wanted to make it work and they compromised. 10.6 showed that, after those initial and very natural problems, they are really happy, have found their own routine and are so enjoying being together that are very eager to try new "couple" stuff. Finally, after all of this, it was only logical to declare the experiment a resounding success and to make it a permanent thing. Besides, all of that is permeated by a less and less subtle sexual tension that will explode in 10.8, and we are not done with that yet...I hope!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

his soda bread

It's sourdough bread. I'm not sure that this style of bread it particularly widespread in the US but it's very popular in Germany and my head canon has always been that he picked it up during his stay there. LOL

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

What I really like it's how naturally but yet surprisingly for the viewers this plot has been developed, I never thought that in 4 episodes she would have had Shamy happily settled in their own apartment for good. After all the developments Shamy's relationship has had during S. 9 and after Sheldon realized how much he values Amy's presence in his life, he just needed a little push (given by framing it as an experiment) to agree in living with her. Then, it was natural there were some bumps in the road, those are two very structured people, Sheldon has a very strict schedule for almost everything and Amy hasn't ever lived with anyone, so at the very beginning there were some doubts on her part and a freak out on his part, but both of them wanted to make it work and they compromised. 10.6 showed that, after those initial and very natural problems, they are really happy, have found their own routine and are so enjoying being together that are very eager to try new "couple" stuff. Finally, after all of this, it was only logical to declare the experiment a resounding success and to make it a permanent thing. Besides, all of that is permeated by a less and less subtle sexual tension that will explode in 10.8, and we are not done with that yet...I hope!

Like I said in the season discussion thread if you think we are shocked about this Sheldon 2.0 then imagine how taken aback and shocked Amy must be by how open Sheldon has become to these new experiences. I think she is trying to process it all and it would also perhaps explain why getting physical again is too much for her right now.

I think she wants all these things to happen and is very very happy with how it's all developing (she's basically living out her dream here) but to go from 'glacial' to this could perhaps be a real shock to her and she may need some time to adjust. I think she's getting there, and clearly she will go to great lengths on the next episode to keep it developing.

8 minutes ago, April said:

It's sourdough bread. I'm not sure that this style of bread it particularly widespread in the US but it's very popular in Germany and my head canon has always been that he picked it up during his stay there. LOL

My apologies, well I got the S letter and the word bread right. :icon_wink:

I have a very vague recollection of that line lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Like I said in the season discussion thread if you think we are shocked about this Sheldon 2.0 then imagine how taken aback and shocked Amy must be by how open Sheldon has become to these new experiences. I think she is trying to process it all and it would also perhaps explain why getting physical again is too much for her right now.

I think she wants all these things to happen and is very very happy with how it's all developing (she's basically living out her dream here) but to go from 'glacial' to this could perhaps be a real shock to her and she may need some time to adjust. I think she's getting there, and clearly she will go to great lengths on the next episode to keep it developing.

Exactly. And this is the girl who just 3 episodes prior was defending their slow progress by calling their 2 years until hand holding "hotter than it sounds".

I love how the tables have turned a little for them. Remember when they played doctor, Star Trek style? "I'm in hell Leonard. [to Amy] Don't stop." Their progress got a bit of a speed boost and that scared him a bit but he didn't want it so stop either because it felt right. And that's basically Amy now! LOL

My apologies, well I got the S letter and the word bread right. :icon_wink:

I have a very vague recollection of that line lol

lol No problem, I just really love sourdough bread so knowing that Sheldon can make excellent bread like that had me already swooning over his qualities in the kitchen back then. <3

German sourdough rye bread is the best btw! ;D

Edited by April
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Oh, absolutely, I'm sure she didn't expect the LA to change for good. It's interesting that, as soon as she realized that probably she had too high expectations about living together, and that it entails, not only being all lovey-dovey, but also getting accustomed to the way your SO sleeps or to his odd habits, she had even more than she dreamt of. I guess the reason she lied to Sheldon was just to prolong this bliss a bit longer, but she didn't even dare to ask Sheldon if he was willing to make it a permanent thing. In the TR, if I remember correctly, at some point it's said she is (happily) "shocked" when he acknowledges he wants to live with her for good. I'm really looking forward that scene, that will make her (and myself) so so happy! As for the physical intimacy, I guess she is a bit astonished on that front too. Their intimacy level has increased now that they are living together, so probably she is getting used to a...let's say...more affectionate Sheldon. But I'm pretty sure what happens in 10.8 is shocking for her as it was for all of us, LOL!! Too many things happening in so a short time, our Amy just needs some time to accommodate to everything.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, April said:

I'm sure he got it from there. Maybe he knows some other German recipes as well. It would be hilarious if he would cook of bake some German things for Amy, but would exaggerate because he is so lovey dovey that he forgets that they are only two and not 20 persons.

Sheldon: Don't you like what I've cooked for dinner?

Amy: Yes I do, but I'm still recovering from the breakfast you made for me.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I'm sure he got it from there. Maybe he knows some other German recipes as well. It would be hilarious if he would cook of bake some German things for Amy, but would exaggerate because he is so lovey dovey that he forgets that they are only two and not 20 persons.

Sheldon: Don't you like what I've cooked for dinner?

Amy: Yes I do, but I'm still recovering from the breakfast you made for me.

Actually, German style breakfast is pretty sparse if you compare it to an all out American one.

But big YES to him cooking something traditionally German for her. I'd love that! haha

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, absolutely, I'm sure she didn't expect the LA to change for good. It's interesting that, as soon as she realized that probably she had too high expectations about living together, and that it entails, not only being all lovey-dovey, but also getting accustomed to the way your SO sleeps or to his odd habits, she had even more than she dreamt of. I guess the reason she lied to Sheldon was just to prolong this bliss a bit longer, but she didn't even dare to ask Sheldon if he was willing to make it a permanent thing. In the TR, if I remember correctly, at some point it's said she is (happily) "shocked" when he acknowledges he wants to live with her for good. I'm really looking forward that scene, that will make her (and myself) so so happy! As for the physical intimacy, I guess she is a bit astonished on that front too. Their intimacy level has increased now that they are living together, so probably she is getting used to a...let's say...more affectionate Sheldon. But I'm pretty sure what happens in 10.8 is shocking for her as it was for all of us, LOL!! Too many things happening in so a short time, our Amy just needs some time to accommodate to everything.

Yeah I would agree she must have thought that this was most likely going to be temporary or that perhaps Sheldon embracing all these new things was just because it was an experiment and as like good scientists do they explore all possibilities.

Like you this is probably the moment I am looking forward to most in the next episode when he accepts her apology and tells her he feels the same (that and the snuggle/Star Wars humming of course). I am hoping for something really beautiful in the dialogue and from the heart at that moment and I can't wait to see her reaction. Will Chief shipper Penny almost shed a tear as well? lol

It's quite a role reversal, for years she was the one trying to get any form of intimacy she could get from him and she was more the chaser than the chased. Now the roles have reversed it must feel very strange to her and I am hoping once she has processed all this and gets used to it that she will fully embrace it, just like Sheldon is embracing some of his new experiences and opportunities to grow. Everything we know about her or have seen from her over these years suggests she very much will. :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9