[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

5 minutes ago, April said:

Actually, German style breakfast is pretty sparse if you compare it to an all out American one.

But big YES to him cooking something traditionally German for her. I'd love that! haha

That's true, but if you combine things and bake them in repletion even them most sparse  breakfast can be challenging for the digestion. LOL

German bakery has so many pastries that you become diabetic just looking at them. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

This half German girl may have to go to a German restaurant and get my fix now.  Darn y'all!

Would invite you over if I could! Just on my way to my mom who invited us today for roulades, red cabbage and dumplings. :good2::icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 5

After reading about the influence of hormones in Sheldon 's behavoir (well spotted, @April as usual) I was wondering if we will get a glimpse of possible extern helps Sheldon got for improving his interactions with Amy and with the  new social circle they might develop as a couple. I mean, we know that Sheldon is a genious but about emotional  and social stuff he was really almost a lost cause. He knows now the meaning of Amy in his life and how much he loves her and how it is doing wondeful in his life but he needed surely  some help. Books he read for example as he adores getting into all theories with the diference now that he put some things in the practical field and his mother's help. Mary loves Amy and I can see Sheldon  calling her for some advice. Not much as he is a smart guy, lol. But he is so determined to do everything works  in this new phase of his life with Amy that I see him getting help from Penny and Mrs Cooper.

Thougths? :)

• Like 2

I´m sure that he reads a lot of magazines like Cosmo, etc. (He has either a standing order for a few or he borrows them from Raj :icon_cheesygrin:) and googles them as well (things like "how to seduce your lady to sex" or "5 signs that your girlfriend is aroused") I can even imagine  him watching movies like "Casablanca" or "Gone with the Wind" (Once he lets grow himself a mustache and combs his hair to middle part or says things "Look me into the eyes baby" I´ll have certain confirmation LOL.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

After reading about the influence of hormones in Sheldon 's behavoir (well spotted, @April as usual) I was wondering if we will get a glimpse of possible extern helps Sheldon got for improving his interactions with Amy and with the  new social circle they might develop as a couple. I mean, we know that Sheldon is a genious but about emotional  and social stuff he was really almost a lost cause. He knows now the meaning of Amy in his life and how much he loves her and how it is doing wondeful in his life but he needed surely  some help. Books he read for example as he adores getting into all theories with the diference now that he put some things in the practical field and his mother's help. Mary loves Amy and I can see Sheldon  calling her for some advice. Not much as he is a smart guy, lol. But he is so determined to do everything works  in this new phase of his life with Amy that I see him getting help from Penny and Mrs Cooper.

Thougths? :)

I dunno he doesn't seem to having any real problems at the moment adjusting, dealing with urges a little yes but I can't see him seeking advice from his mother or anyone on that. We may get some movement on that front soon anyway I would have thought, I mean everything is pointing to that.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I dunno he doesn't seem to having any real problems at the moment adjusting, dealing with urges a little yes but I can't see him seeking advice from his mother or anyone on that. We may get some movement on that front soon anyway I would have thought, I mean everything is pointing to that.

ATM, I think Sheldon is doing pretty ok with his urges...I mean, he probably had some problems at the beginning of the experiment, and the fear that they, coupled with his fights with Amy, could lead to cheating her might be a way to express that he was not very comfortable with them yet. But 10.8 shows he has fully embraced them and he is finally comfortable (maybe even too much comfortable, given Amy's reactions) with this aspect of life.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Maybe I didnt express myself  well, my apologies in advance. I dont think that Sheldon seems to having any real problems at moment adjusting either. And I didnt mean he would seek advice about his urges, because I dont see him doing that either, I  meant about domestic and social stuff. 

Maybe it was silly as I tried to elaborate about something that I could have explained  better. Nevermind :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

ATM, I think Sheldon is doing pretty ok with his urges...I mean, he probably had some problems at the beginning of the experiment, and the fear that they, coupled with his fights with Amy, could lead to cheating her might be a way to express that he was not very comfortable with them yet. But 10.8 shows he has fully embraced them and he is finally comfortable (maybe even too much comfortable, given Amy's reactions) with this aspect of life.

Yeah I wouldn't say the urges are out of control or anything, the guy still functions as a normal human being. He's clearly 'loved up' but he's not acting mega strange like he has done when other things have had an impact on him emotionally in the past.

Though 10.8 to me from everything we have heard sounds like it could be a possible turning point where those urges are starting to perhaps get out of control a little bit. But I would have to see the episode and in particular Amy's reactions to it, I know I am going to find it hilarious when I see it but who knows what he might do in future episodes after that to try and woo her?

Like I have said recently I personally have no concerns right now, if it goes on for a few more weeks with Sheldon doing his thing and Amy rejecting it then I might start to worry slightly. Sheldon is not going to cheat on her or anything like that to release those urges, that I am 100% confident in.

On that front there is only one solution to curb or release those urges and we all know what it is. The other option chemical castration is maybe a bit too excessive :icon_wink:  though he did once recommend that as a course of action to Raj lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, nickelette424 said:

Just an FYI, sourdough bread is very common here in the US.  No need for him to travel to Germany to learn about it or pick up a recipe.  It is sold on the same aisle next to regular sliced bread.  

Sorry to be a buzzkill.

Of course the US has sourdough bread of some sort (I hear the SF region is a bit famous for theirs) but from what I've heard it's pretty terrible compared to what you can get in Germany - or at least you have to find some artisan bakery to get something decent. And tbh you might also vastly underestimate how popular bread is in Germany. Like people always think of German food like "sausages and sauerkraut" and the truth is: It's bread. Really.

So anyway, we know Sheldon has lived in Germany for a while and if he's taking pride in his sourdough bread he might as well have learned that from the best. /bread snobbery

LOL

• Like 1

There are two german things I love and I can find them here in supermarkets with very good quality: Strudel (Aple, yummi) and Stollen ( it is not so easy to find as it is Strudel but at Cristmas time it can be found at least in one supermarket).

Sheldon might know how is strudel tasty.Eating it while drinking a cinnamon apple tea is realy fabulous. A good recipe for he and Amy would try in a autumn afternoon at home, listening  the rain as they were wrapped both in a blankett, each one with a mug of tea :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

Like I said in the season discussion thread if you think we are shocked about this Sheldon 2.0 then imagine how taken aback and shocked Amy must be by how open Sheldon has become to these new experiences.

I want so much to participate in the discussion thread, but I can only muster up the motivation to like posts as of late, because when I start reading how unhappy some are with the Shamy storyline I start going down a path I don't particularly enjoy in my commentary.

I want to stay in happy Shamy land without having someone, who has every right to the way they feel, influence my good mood to anything less than the excitement I feel right now.

I see so much in Sheldon now that has been hidden from us all these years while still being Sheldon, and you are right, it has everything to do with Amy.  She really is the fabric softener of his heart.   Not only did he change his mind about having guests over, but he chose a brunch of all things; something he said he couldn't stand.    Think about it, unless they happened to have all the ingredients already, he had to find time to move the furniture, plan a menu, go to the grocery store, etc.    He also did all this without rearranging Penny's kitchen into some order that worked for him.

He was quite proud of himself.

I never thought I'd see him wanting to live in a tiny apartment, with another person at that.   Really, I've never even seen anyone be able to keep a kitchen that clean while preparing food, either.

Knowing he has a storage room, I can totally see Shamy pulling off tiny space living due to his skills of organizing.

...And to top it off, I can fully envision them eventually raising a family of little Sheldons and Amys together in a household filled with the love of science.

In the meantime, now they are living together permanently.  By the sounds of the tag scene, it seems 4B is where Sheldon wants to stay and Amy has agreed.   I can't wait to see all the changes as they slowly make the apartment their own.  We know Sheldon's tastes, and we know Amy's.   I'd like to see what they come up with together.

I know a lot of people think this is the last season, but I'm hoping all this is just setting us up for even more TBBT.   By eliminating Amy's apartment and having PALS in such proximity means we will see more of them.  Personally, after years of Shelnard, I'm looking forward to them expanding the PAmy relationship and finding out that the two couples really do become best friends all the way around.

Edited by jenafan
  • Like 9

If the taping/broadcast schedule is correct, the episode that is being taped this week will be available to me on my birthday.  I hope it's a good one.  

Whether next taping or not, at some point, coitus 2.0 is going to happen.  What would you guys like to see as the catalyst?  That skin cell experiment is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to lead to Sheldon accepting his feelings but he's still not there yet (that is not willing to admit he's just plain old hot for his girlfriend). 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jenafan said:

I want so much to participate in the discussion thread, but I can only muster up the motivation to like posts as of late, because when I start reading how unhappy some are with the Shamy storyline I start going down a path I don't particularly enjoy in my commentary.

I want to stay in happy Shamy land without having someone, who has every right to the way they feel, influence my good mood to anything less than the excitement I feel right now.

I see so much in Sheldon now that has been hidden from us all these years while still being Sheldon, and you are right, it has everything to do with Amy.  She really is the fabric softener of his heart.   Not only did he change his mind about having guests over, but he chose a brunch of all things; something he said he couldn't stand.    Think about it, unless they happened to have all the ingredients already, he had to find time to move the furniture, plan a menu, go to the grocery store, etc.    He also did all this without rearranging Penny's kitchen into some order that worked for him.

He was quite proud of himself.

I never thought I'd see him wanting to live in a tiny apartment, with another person at that.   Really, I've never even seen anyone be able to keep a kitchen that clean while preparing food, either.

Knowing he has a storage room, I can totally see Shamy pulling off tiny space living due to his skills of organizing.

...And to top it off, I can fully envision them eventually raising a family of little Sheldons and Amys together in a household filled with the love of science.

In the meantime, now they are living together permanently.  By the sounds of the tag scene, it seems 4B is where Sheldon wants to stay and Amy has agreed.   I can't wait to see all the changes as they slowly make the apartment their own.  We know Sheldon's tastes, and we know Amy's.   I'd like to see what they come up with together.

I know a lot of people think this is the last season, but I'm hoping all this is just setting us up for even more TBBT.   By eliminating Amy's apartment and having PALS in such proximity means well will see more of them.  Personally, after years of Shelnard, I'm looking forward to them expanding the PAmy relationship and finding out that the two couples really do become best friends all the way around.

I hope this is not last season because I think there  is yet much to tell about these characters , especially about the way that shamy are really getting deep emotionally in their relationship nowadays. I feel a sense of refreshness about their plot that makes me to believe in a new era of the show.I mean 10 years were an  era and now it is time for deep some things like shamy living together and univitable engagement, Howard and Bernie getting a baby, Penny and Leonard developing their ouw routine as they live without Sheldon  and so one.

Btw, if we get a glimpse of shamy children would be awesome. It could happen in last episode that I would n mind :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

If the taping/broadcast schedule is correct, the episode that is being taped this week will be available to me on my birthday.  I hope it's a good one.  

Whether next taping or not, at some point, coitus 2.0 is going to happen.  What would you guys like to see as the catalyst?  That skin cell experiment is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to lead to Sheldon accepting his feelings but he's still not there yet (that is not willing to admit he's just plain old hot for his girlfriend). 

Oh, probably nothing elaborate like 10.8 or extremely planned like ON. I think 10.8 was necessary story wise to show that now sex is not just  a part of his mind he has full control of, he has can't ignore his urges any more. But for Coitus 2.0 I wouldn't want something which seems taken directly from some old movie, I'd rather prefer something very spontaneous and unplanned. Thinking about it, I would be very happy also with a cold open with them together in bed cuddling after coitus, no explanation given as how they got there, and then the episode starts, dealing with totally different topics.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

I would say that coitus 2.0 might happen in a spontaneous  and unplanned way this time. It is something couples do as they are in the mood and this la experiment is slowly making Sheldon and Amy learning  that. 

Maybe a good night kiss that become in something  hotter.

Or @mirs1 idea, we might just see they after the coitus happened again. Sheldon and Amy cuddling.  :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, April said:

Of course the US has sourdough bread of some sort (I hear the SF region is a bit famous for theirs) but from what I've heard it's pretty terrible compared to what you can get in Germany - or at least you have to find some artisan bakery to get something decent. And tbh you might also vastly underestimate how popular bread is in Germany. 

I was in Germany last Christmas, and, yes, the bread is far better than US bread.  I enjoyed a wonderful brotchen with my Fruhstuck every morning.  (Please forgive the missing umlauts.)

Soda bread tends to be found seasonally in the US in March, as we associate it with the Irish.  We celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 17th, when we do crazy things like drinking green beer.

Edited by Lady in Red
  • Like 1

Just BTW: Yes, our bread is great and as far as food is concerned the only thing I miss when going abroad. But when you buy it, buy it in a local bakery - by no means in a supermarket! :icon_cheesygrin:

As for Sheldon's behaviour: I know it sounds weird, but I rewatched 'The Ornithophobia Diffusion' today and it felt like Shamy development morphed into 10 minutes. First Sheldon is terribly afraid of this bird and then warms up a bit til he is fascinated and completely falls in love with it! At the end I was shaking my head grinning and thinking: "Let's hope Amy won't 'fly away' and leave him to deal with the offspring" :rofl:

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, probably nothing elaborate like 10.8 or extremely planned like ON. I think 10.8 was necessary story wise to show that now sex is not just  a part of his mind he has full control of, he has can't ignore his urges any more. But for Coitus 2.0 I wouldn't want something which seems taken directly from some old movie, I'd rather prefer something very spontaneous and unplanned. Thinking about it, I would be very happy also with a cold open with them together in bed cuddling after coitus, no explanation given as how they got there, and then the episode starts, dealing with totally different topics.

I have to say that after all this build up I'd feel a bit robbed if they just cut to after the deed is done and then do something completely different in the rest of the episode. Later on they can do that every episode for all I care but right now I'd need a bit more payoff on screen. LOL

20 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

I was in Germany last Christmas, and, yes, the bread is far better than US bread.  I enjoyed a wonderful brotchen with my Fruhstuck every morning.  (Please forgive the missing umlauts.)

Haha, excellent! And yeah, that's basically what I hear from anyone who knows both sides of the pond. Germans can feel very homesick abroad without "proper" bread and people from the US seem to be amazed and delighted by how delicious German bread is. LOL

20 minutes ago, Lady in Red said:

Soda bread tends to be found seasonally in the US in March, as we associate it with the Irish.  We celebrate St. Patrick's Day on March 17th, when we do crazy things like drinking green beer.

Sheldon said "sourdough bread" which is a different kind of bread than "soda bread".

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Radar said:

Just BTW: Yes, our bread is great and as far as food is concerned the only thing I miss when going abroad. But when you buy it, buy it in a local bakery - by no means in a supermarket! :icon_cheesygrin:

I believe you but here there is no chance of finding german bread in a local bakery-only portuguese bread on these:wink:

Btw ,isnt fun rewatching all shamy goodness since the beginning?

Bless dvds  and youtube videos,lol! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Poor Sheldon looks so worried in the Caltech cafeteria in that extended preview, haven't seen him like that since Solder Excursion.

Yeah and he has been worried maybe for days as Amy s behavior was different than usual. It is nice, in the midle of the worries this might bright to them, that both  can read each other if something goes wrong. Cant wait to see how the apology moment will turn on screen.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 1