The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

On 5.10.2016 at 10:43 PM, April said:

Sounds similar to what I was proposing.

Adjusted time line for the Christmas birth theory:

• May: 10x01 / 10x02 / 10x03
  • June: 10x04 / 10x05 / 10x06 / 10x07 (Bernie is about 5 months pregnant)
  • July: 10x08?? /10x09??
  • August: time jump??
  • September*: 10x10??
  • October**: 10x11 (Bernie gives birth)
  • November: time jump??
  • December: time jump??
  • January: 10x12

*possibly Spockumentary, **possibly flag convention if they indeed go to NAVA 50

underlined are sweeps episodes, no big time jumps, all deal with the experiment and LAs in general, ideally Shamy coitus in one of them

Does that make sense? Too much wishful thinking?? lol

This is a month old so I'll update it according to what we know now:

• May: 10x01 / 10x02 / 10x03
  • June: 10x04 / 10x05 (Bernie is about 5 months pregnant)
  • July: 10x06 / 10x07 /(Bernie is 6 months pregnant)
  • August: 10x08 / 10x09 (Bernie is 7 months pregnant)
  • September*: 10x10??
  • October**: 10x11 (Bernie gives birth)
  • November: time jump??
  • December: time jump??
  • January: 10x12

*possibly Spockumentary, **possibly flag convention if they indeed go to NAVA 50

NAVA 50 was Oct. 14–16th and looking through their facebook page with photos from the event Shamy would have such a blast at this - Sheldon especially! The hotel where it was held also has really nice rooms... just in case... you know... LOL

Thank you @RJ1013 for coming here and add some more details. Much appreciated!! <3

Edited by April
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

A few comments about 10.08:

Sheldon is trying to seduce her right away because he tracks her cycle and knows that she is fertile for the next 36 hours. ‘Fertile as a field full of manure’, as I recall. At this statement, Amy tells him that she can feel her eggs trying to retreat back far away into her abdomen.

The leap from creating a neural network together to trying to make a baby was not weird at all. Sheldon spoke of their successful neural network experiment like he was a proud father, and when he talked about the next natural step, I was sure that he would suggest having a baby. His phrasing about them both dropping their pants was still explicit enough to be a surprise, though.

Amy is clear that she doesn’t feel ready to have a baby. She does not appear to be swayed by Sheldon’s over-the-top seduction attempts. The physical comedy is excellent in this episode, and something that you will have to see to fully appreciate. I laughed more at this episode than I did at the one where they moved in together.

Even though Amy doesn’t appear to be turned on at all, I believe that this was just to set up the surprise of the final scene. When she shuts the door and says 'that was a close one', I think that was a sign that she may very well have been enjoying his other attempts as well.

As pure speculation, I think that this episode might be a way of getting the audience used to the idea of a more sexual Sheldon, and from the audience’s reaction, I’d say it went very well. To have a situation where he makes these escalating attempts at seduction, there needed to be a reason for Amy to turn him down. While the stated reason is that Amy doesn’t want to have a baby yet, I also like to think she turned him down because she doesn’t want to have coitus with him when he only seems to want it for that reason. Just like she took it off the table while they live together so that he wouldn’t feel obligated while they shared a bed, I don’t think she wants to do it again with him for any other reason than that they both want to. I’m really hoping that this is all setting up a second time for them that has no excuses or pretenses.

Thank you so much, you were very kind!  As for the bold part...I have to say I was very curious about the live audience's reaction to this episode because it showed Sheldon in a different light. I thought they used JP's physical comedy to sell it more easily, I'm happy to hear the public liked it and it turns out as a very funny episode. Was  the "last" dance a bit sexy? I get that the previous attempts are more hilarious than hot, LOL!

• Like 9

Thanks once again for the further info @RJ1013

Will certainly take on board what you said especially about the 10.8 episode and will definitely try and go into it with a much more open and less pre-judged mindset. I am usually pretty good at that when it comes to episodes, just been having a harder time than usual with 10.8 for some reason.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

All of his attempts were more hilarious than sexy, imo, but that's a very subjective thing. I mean, it's hot in an over-the-top, dorky Sheldon kind of way, so Amy's final line might show that she would disagree with me :)

Cant wait for seeing that ! We know that Sheldon is good to dance waltz, rumba and chacha. Now dancing in a sexy way...he had not got lessons, lol! Or has he a natural magnetism to sexy things ?Well,  since Amy enjoys it,  as he improves his performance, that's what matters, lol.

Because Sheldon Cooper doesnt get lucky!

Neither Amy Farrah Folwer! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

@RJ1013

You are my favorite person right now.  Thank you for all the clarification and additional info.  It has certainly eased my mind on the two things that concerned me.

• Like 6

Thank you for all the details @RJ1013!

I'm still not over the 'Sheldon wants (to make) a baby plot... I simply cannot believe that this is the real reason for him trying to seduce Amy.

The man who suggested a vasectomy when Howard announced Bernadette's pregnancy? The man who moved in with his girlfriend only a few weeks ago? The man who still hasn't proposed? The man who witnessed his nephews birth and was horrified at the idea of 'people coming out of people'?  The man who is (still) not comfortable with change? The man who is afraid that he might not like the house they will some day move in?

I'm completely perplexed and - sorry - still a bit suspicious with regard to his motives here...:scratchhead::biggrin:

• Like 9

I did, thank you!  Horny Sheldon in 9.8 basically basically turned my brain to mush. LOL.  BTW, hello to @RJ1013... I saw you yesterday I think (we also met at Paley Fest??). Thanks for posting the spoilers!

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

I did, thank you!  Horny Sheldon in 9.8 basically basically turned my brain to mush. LOL.

Can't wait to see that for myself next week!! LMAO

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Yeah, I think doing that skin cell experiment just really turned him on to the point where he was ready to have sex with her again. He just so happen to use "making a baby" the reason why. LOL.

I'm so glad you said that, it was my thinking as well when I had heard about it but was worried about it being something more ludicrous. Sounds like Sheldon just has sex on the brain right now and needs to get laid lol.

Hope you had a great time as well @MJistheBOMB  :)

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

I did, thank you!  Horny Sheldon in 9.8 basically basically turned my brain to mush. LOL.  BTW, hello to @RJ1013... I saw you yesterday I think (we also met at Paley Fest??). Thanks for posting the spoilers!

Hey, Monique! Yeah, I was pretty sure that it was you I saw there yesterday at some point. We did meet at Paley. When you didn’t show up in the chat later that night, I thought I must’ve somehow been mistaken. Now I wish I’d stopped over to say hello. I think 9.8 ended up turning my brain to mush too. I think everyone is going to love that one, even if not the one we saw taped.

• Like 8

37 minutes ago, Radar said:

Thank you for all the details @RJ1013!

I'm still not over the 'Sheldon wants (to make) a baby plot... I simply cannot believe that this is the real reason for him trying to seduce Amy.

The man who suggested a vasectomy when Howard announced Bernadette's pregnancy? The man who moved in with his girlfriend only a few weeks ago? The man who still hasn't proposed? The man who witnessed his nephews birth and was horrified at the idea of 'people coming out of people'?  The man who is (still) not comfortable with change? The man who is afraid that he might not like the house they will some day move in?

I'm completely perplexed and - sorry - still a bit suspicious with regard to his motives here...:scratchhead::biggrin:

But also the man who instantly wanted to create petri dish babies with the girl he met at a coffee shop a few weeks prior! OMG Those early emails/texts must've been like sexting for him! LOL

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Thank you very much. Yeah, trust me, you guys will see that Sheldon is so excited and fascinated by the experiment from start to finish and when it was successful that was the icing on the cake. He was ready to do her right there in the lab. LOL!

...and perhaps she would have been open to it had he not said anything about making a baby. LOL.

I think at the very least there would have a discussion about putting it back on the table.  Clearly he's not thinking straight.

• Like 4

Shenny needs to die. Seriously. I'm so over it, but like, I was never under it, urgh. Cos what I'm reading just makes me feel so weird inside. Don't ask me why but I feel as if the writers gave us ALL that Shamy goodness from 04-08 and now it's back to "Sheldon is still Sheldon" and "Sheldon needs Penny" I don't like this!!

I haven't read the whole report yet, but I mean, it's just been downhill from 08 I guess... Someone give me something to hold on to... :( 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

Yeah, the baby thing could easily be nothing more than an excuse, but it is the stated reason in the episode. Still, Sheldon sure does like to lie to himself quite often when he takes a step forward in his relationship with Amy. 

- He acts like she’s an acquaintance that he can easily cut off a friendship with, but then buys a bunch of cats once she’s gone because he misses her so much.

- He insists that she is a girl who is his friend, not his girlfriend for ages, but when he asks her to be his girlfriend, he already has a Relationship Agreement written and ready to go. 

- He starts holding her hand with the excuse that it’s under the stress of Howard’s space launch.

- He kisses her for the first time with some impulsive plan to mock Amy’s interest in romance.

- He gets her a thoughtful Christmas gift because it will somehow ruin Christmas for her. I mean, really?

- And of course there is the coitus, which takes place with the pretense of it being a birthday gift.

I’d say that’s a fair pattern to support the idea that there is more to his seduction plan than meets the eye. 

I love your assessment of Sheldon's motives in this post and your explanation of the baby aspect as a writing device to give Amy a reason to turn him down in order to escalate the situation.  Very well reasoned and explained.  And thanks for the details.  

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think at the very least there would have a discussion about putting it back on the table.  Clearly he's not thinking straight.

Our Shelly is a great mystery, I tell ya.

• Like 4

Those pictures are amazing! So, the skin cells experiment goes on for many days (Sheldon and Amy have different clothes in most of the lab photos), we actually see Amy in her lab a lot in this episode! And Sheldon makes his sexy dance in 4A in front of Lenny, that is unexpected indeed, LOL!! I have said that a thousands time, I love the costumes department! They chose old dresses, in particular the oddest trousers Sheldon has ever had to state he is still himself, those people are geniuses!  The one with his naked arm, though, I think it's the sexiest one!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 9