The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

26 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Actually, I've always imagined that since our geniuses had such a rough time at school, being bullied, stuffed into lockers and so on, they wouldn't send their own children to school if they were as bright as their parents. Pre-school ( is that a nursery school ? ) perhaps, where they can have fun and challenge the teachers, but no further.

I think that's why they'd send their kids to the best of the best schools where their intelligence is promoted rather than put down.

I can't see them trying to homeschool, nor can I see Sheldon being content with his kids not going to school at all. He can't even handle Howard not having a doctorate.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, rice sheldon said:

I think that's why they'd send their kids to the best of the best schools where their intelligence is promoted rather than put down.

I can't see them trying to homeschool, nor can I see Sheldon being content with his kids not going to school at all. He can't even handle Howard not having a doctorate.

You don't have to go to school as a child to get good qualifications. My neighbour has two post-graduate degrees and didn't go to school. She home-taught  her own son and he's taking his PhD now.

If there is a school the gang can send them to, where bright, gifted children are encouraged and like to be together urging one another on, yes, that would be super ! I'd imagined Howard and Amy teaching them all, but the right kind of school would be ideal.

Mayim said on her site that neuroscience is virtually impossible to go back to. My goddaughter who is a Cambridge neuroscientist confirmed this. There'd be nobody more expert on developing  a child's brain anyway, so Amy might as well do it herself, was my thinking on the home teaching. If there was a job she could do to pay for such a super school and the child was happy, however, that would work out well all round. Sheldon would be comparing grades with the other guys' children's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

You don't have to go to school as a child to get good qualifications. My neighbour has two post-graduate degrees and didn't go to school. She home-taught  her own son and he's taking his PhD now.

If there is a school the gang can send them to, where bright, gifted children are encouraged and like to be together urging one another on, yes, that would be super ! I'd imagined Howard and Amy teaching them all, but the right kind of school would be ideal.

Mayim said on her site that neuroscience is virtually impossible to go back to. My goddaughter who is a Cambridge neuroscientist confirmed this. There'd be nobody more expert on developing  a child's brain anyway, so Amy might as well do it herself, was my thinking on the home teaching. If there was a job she could do to pay for such a super school and the child was happy, however, that would work out well all round. Sheldon would be comparing grades with the other guys' children's.

For homeschooling their children, at least one of them should drop the career, and neither Amy nor Sheldon seem to me the kind of people who could be happy doing that.  They went to school and survived to bullies, eventually their progeny will do the same. Plus, there's no guarantee Shamy will have extremely-giftet kids, maybe they end up with "average" ones, they might even like sports and pop-music and be the "popular" kind-of-kids that hang out in parking lots; genetics is odd, sometimes...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

For homeschooling their children, at least one of them should drop the career, and neither Amy nor Sheldon seem to me the kind of people who could be happy doing that.  They went to school and survived to bullies, eventually their progeny will do the same. Plus, there's no guarantee Shamy will have extremely-giftet kids, maybe they end up with "average" ones, they might even like sports and pop-music and be the "popular" kind-of-kids that hang out in parking lots; genetics is odd, sometimes...

Amy will be the one who'll lose her career since scientists can't take time off from a neuroscience and go back because of the pace of its progress. So, Amy might as well supervise her own children's brain development as there isn't a more expert pair of hands to leave them in. I wonder what new line she'd turn to when the time came to go back to work. She's so brainy and skilled.

Yes, it would be funny if all the gang's children shone at liberal arts and sport, hated science fiction and loved celebrity popular culture. Amy did remind Penny there were no guarantees.

I'd like to see enough seasons so that we see how the children turn out, just as we saw Frederick Crane. Somehow though, I don't think we're going to get another series with as many seasons as Frasier brought us. 

• Like 1

I wonder how was sleeping time in that night, cant get over that tag scene, lol!

1) Amy talked with Sheldon because she refused him and they eventually slept together ,as he might have got he was overreacting. But she made clear to him that wasnt about she would not want to be physically with him soon. A honest shamy talk as we know always work

2)Sheldon had to sleep on couch as Amy locked the bedroom 's door, lol!

3) Sheldon eventually tried again as  he went back to their apartment and Amy was who slept on couch, lol!

Sometimes I wish that could be a show with off screen moments! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I think Sheldon being randy, horny etc did play a part in this episode especially when it came to the seduction attempts. Going back over my previous post I probably didn't make that clear enough. I mean no I don't think it was the 'primary' motivator for the behaviour in this episode but at the same time it would be foolish to dismiss it as a contributing factor entirely. I suspect there were so many thoughts, desires, subconscious urges and ideas going through Sheldon's head at that point.

I just wanted to get that out there before anyone thinks I didn't consider it or believed it played no part in it.

Dont do that, please!You were clear enough imo. And we need always  to know the male pov about such things and you always do it nicely! I love to read your thoughts about the show :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Did you all read the Glamor article about this weeks episode ? 

It makes for exciting reading IMO & I think Jessica who wrote it makes lots of sense !!!

Can  I link it here or is that not allowed ? 

8 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Did you all read the Glamor article about this weeks episode ? 

It makes for exciting reading IMO & I think Jessica who wrote it makes lots of sense !!!

I did. The only thing that bothered me is that she still doesn't seem to understand that they're now living permanently together?

8 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

Can  I link it here or is that not allowed ? 

It's allowed, you can link it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, April said:

I did. The only thing that bothered me is that she still doesn't seem to understand that they're now living permanently together?

It's allowed, you can link it.

Yes I picked up on that as well - it's clear to me it's permenant - there's even a white board on the wall now !!!! :) 

http://www.glamour.com/story/the-big-bang-theory-season-10-episode-8-recap?mbid=social_twitter_glamourmain

Here's the link - hope it works !! 

Btw is everyone else getting bold text on here now or have a pressed something on my phone ?!!! 

Ooops forgot to add - thanks @April

Edited by Soopysue
Forgot to thank April for replying !
  • Like 8

It's permanent, though that scene in last weeks episode went over a lot of peoples heads judging from comments on social media and places like YouTube.

Maybe the more they decorate 4B with personal items from both Sheldon and Amy it will register in people's minds more. Or maybe if they give it a full redecorating at some point.

Something small in this episode but they had that dialogue about putting up a piece of paper on their fridge at home related to their creation and they both looked really happy about that. 4B seems very much like their home now and that will only increase.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

40 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

The more I watch this episode.....the more cheated I'm going to feel if we don't get lots of Shamy bloopers from this taping !!!! Haha , how did they keep their faces straight , it must of been so hard ! Lol !

I was thinking the same thing. It seems they never have ones we think they will on the blooper reel. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yesterday, as you might know, Mayim had a Facebook Live Chat (which was very funny) and, among other more "serious" stuff, somebody asked her about Amy's and Penny's painting which should still be hanged in 4B forth wall. I really couldn't understand what she answered, because the internet connection at Warner Bros studios was really bad and the video was buffering all the time, but somebody in the DT yesterday mentioned Mayim said it will feature in a future episode (I guess 10.10, since the actors know nothing but the episode they are working on). So, take that with a whole bucket load of salt, because it was really difficult to understand her words, but there's the possibility that in 10.10 Shamy could be dealing with renovations, or at least get rid of some of the Penny's items still in 4B. That would be so hilarious to see how Penny and Leonard would react if Amy or Sheldon enter in 4A with that horror!!!

Oh I'm so excited to see them re decorate & can imagine deciding what to keep , throw out etc could provide lots of comedy ......especially that painting haha !! 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yesterday, as you might know, Mayim had a Facebook Live Chat (which was very funny) and, among other more "serious" stuff, somebody asked her about Amy's and Penny's painting which should still be hanged in 4B forth wall. I really couldn't understand what she answered, because the internet connection at Warner Bros studios was really bad and the video was buffering all the time, but somebody in the DT yesterday mentioned Mayim said it will feature in a future episode (I guess 10.10, since the actors know nothing but the episode they are working on). So, take that with a whole bucket load of salt, because it was really difficult to understand her words, but there's the possibility that in 10.10 Shamy could be dealing with renovations, or at least get rid of some of the Penny's items still in 4B. That would be so hilarious to see how Penny and Leonard would react if Amy or Sheldon enter in 4A with that horror!!!

I'm sure Sheldon's first comment when they stumble into 4a with that monstrous painting will be : "We are  giving you back this brobdingnagian painting. And this is the bill from the chiropractor I had to consult when I threw out my back when I tried to lift up that enormous thing on my own for the first time." 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Interesting, it has been a long time since I watched that episode when she got that painting. Correct me if I am wrong but in the end Penny used the excuse that Bernadette was jealous of it as to why she didn't like it? Though surely Amy deep down wasn't fooled by that?

Presumably Amy is going to want Penny to have it in 4A as it was a gift? Whatever idea they have for it it will be good to see it again and if it happens it could potentially be very funny. Will Sheldon also be hanging up the Fake Shatner/Lenny sex painting up as well lol? Assuming in the end they gave it to him lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1