The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

16 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I'm trying to scroll through every episode in the second half of season 9 in my mind. Is Opening Night the last time we saw Amy's apartment? If so, what a lovely way to say goodbye to her apartment for us, as Shamy's consummation is the last thing we saw there. 

Yes, it is! I'll miss it :(

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

He is pretty straight-faced, just listening to the conversation happening in front of him and even telling Amy once, "... whatever you want to do, it's your birthday..."

Going back to the subject that is a bit upsetting to some: I also look forward to the day when he is able to just straight up tell Amy, "I want you now..." birthday or not. In fact, I originally thought he wouldn't even last a year and I guess technically he didn't considering he was very recently trying to put a baby in her. LOL. 

The writers went ahead and stuck with it being on her birthday this year and it played out beautifully. Now that Shamy are living together, I will be shocked and maybe even a little concerned (and maybe not concerned because every time Shamy do something big, it's beautifully written) if he waits until her birthday again. We shall see how it plays out.

Great episode that was taped. The first Shamy scene will indeed make you melt.

I would say "I hope you had a great time at the taping!" but I already know the answer to that. :icon_wink::icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

He is pretty straight-faced, just listening to the conversation happening in front of him and even telling Amy once, "... whatever you want to do, it's your birthday..."

Going back to the subject that is a bit upsetting to some: I also look forward to the day when he is able to just straight up tell Amy, "I want you now..." birthday or not. In fact, I originally thought he wouldn't even last a year and I guess technically he didn't considering he was very recently trying to put a baby in her. LOL. 

The writers went ahead and stuck with it being on her birthday this year and it played out beautifully. Now that Shamy are living together, I will be shocked and maybe even a little concerned (and maybe not concerned because every time Shamy do something big, it's beautifully written) if he waits until her birthday again. We shall see how it plays out.

Great episode that was taped. The first Shamy scene will indeed make you melt.

Sigh...Yeah. I was convinced he wouldn't last a year. Other than that, it sounds like an amazing episode!

So, we've got Amy taking coitus off the table in 10.4 to make both of them feel better about the new-ness of the situation. Sheldon tells her he's relieved, so Amy knows that he's struggling with this. If you ask me, their first time was a symbolic move from Sheldon's side. Notice that I'm not saying he didn't want her up to that point, because he did. But sex is on an entirely other level of physicality than the making out they had done up to that point and Sheldon couldn't know what he would be getting into. He knew he would like it but IMO the fact that he liked it more than he thought he would says a lot. So I think that his offer of sex was a symbol of him giving himself to Amy entirely physically and emotionally. He told Proton that it was an important night for both of them so we know he was involved too. And he intended it at the time to be once a year, but I don't think that it meant they wouldn't talk about it again. Like I said, he must have talked about it with Amy judging from 10.4.

So they  went on agreeing that they would wait and maybe they would revisit the topic in the future. We saw in 10.6 that they had settled down, so maybe the talk already happened there? But then in 10.8 Sheldon went a bit crazy...did they talk about it again here? Or for the first time? I'm just a bit confused with the timeline. Sheldon somehow went from being nervous about coitus in 10.4 to being unable to wait any longer in 10.11. There's also Sheldon going crazy in 10.8 which I'm assuming (like @Jonny said) that they talked about and when Sheldon realised that he upset Amy and that he was inappropriate he decided to take it slow again. At the same time though we did see him get enthusiastic about sex in that episode through the guise of making a baby which means his mindset was getting closer to what it was in 10.11. 

To anyone who got through this post, congrats. I think what ultimately confuses me is that we don't know when they had that talk. If anyone can untangle this, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Judith said:

Yes, it is! I'll miss it :(

Me too. It happened  in that apartment some of most important  shamy moments like first kiss, first cuddle, first time they had coitus and some cute moments like Sheldon slept on Amy 's couch as he went to there in midle of the night because he looked for her as he was in trouble/ upset .

Or first bath Amy had given by Sheldon or first spanky moment , lol! 

I must confess tbat I didn't like that  Sheldon hated Amy' s apartment but because they are building tbeir love  nest  at 4B, I have already forgiven him :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Me too. It happened  in that apartment some of most important  shamy moments like first kiss, first cuddle, first time they had coitus and some cute moments like Sheldon slept on Amy 's couch as he went to there in midle of the night because he looked for her as he was in trouble/ upset .

Or first bath Amy had fiven by Sheldon or first spanky moment , lol! 

I must confess tbat I didn't like that  Sheldon hated Amy' s apartment but because they are building tbeir love  nest  at 4B, I have already forgiven him :)

Yeah, remember? According to his words, the music took him there! I thought it was symbolic, what with him not being led by his anxieties and all. For a while he was free to do whatever he wanted, and what he wanted was to be with Amy!

I didn't like that either. I would have loved it if they had moved in Amy's apartment, but 4b isn't bad either. They have a lot of privacy there, too.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 2

I suppose it's the most appropriate time to post these photos:
Obviously Captain Jim's prediction will come true in 10.11, god bless him.
And we're certainly sure that we'll tune in:icon_cheesygrin:

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

Edited by mothandfire
  • Like 9

17 minutes ago, Judith said:

Yeah, remember? According to his words, the music took him there! I thought it was symbolic, what with him not being led by his anxieties and all. For a while he was free to do whatever he wanted, and what he wanted was to be with Amy!

I didn't like that either. I would have loved it if they had moved in Amy's apartment, but 4b isn't bad either. They have a lot of privacy there, too.

Oh yes , you are talking of the Werewolf Transformation ! One of my favorite classic Sheldon episodes that I always love to rewatch. I love it , not only as a Sheldon fan but also the moment where Sheldon says he'll go wherever the music takes him.....and he ends up on Amy's couch at 3 am  ..that was a nice touch :-) 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, April said:

Bringing this over from the other thread.

OMG GUYSSSS!!! IT BEGINS! :D

AHHHHHHHH THATS SO EXCITING :D

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, April said:

OMG! It is real! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, April said:

Woooo hoooo - guys it's real !!!! And I love it ! :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, April said:

Some of Sheldon's stuff right? Can't wait to see what else they change/ move. Might be just me but i think they may have more flexibility in changing 4B than they do with 4A.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Some of Sheldon's stuff right? Can't wait to see what else they change. Might be just me but they may have more flexibility in changing 4B than they do with 4A.

The Legolas and Spock figures, as well as the Spock's Brain poster are from his room, presumably also the comics and train. So I guess Sheldon's room as we knew it is also dead as much as Amy's apartment. I think it's a nice touch the last time we saw it for real was with a lovely Shamy scene. <3

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

From what I can remember (when I wasn't in need of a paramedic from what I was watching), the bedroom looked very nice, very Shamy. Even Penny's colorful bedding is gone and there was a Flash figure on Sheldon's nightstand.

Yay for colorful bedding is gone!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, April said:

The Legolas and Spock figures, as well as the Spock's Brain poster are from his room, presumably also the comics and train. So I guess Sheldon's room as we knew it is also dead as much as Amy's apartment. I think it's a nice touch the last time we saw it for real was with a lovely Shamy scene. <3

There's enough room on the wall, next to Spock's brain poster, for Sheldon's brain MRI!!! Make it so, decorators!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Is that Sheldon's bedding from his old room?

It seems  to be, right? The bedroom is so neat! Love their stuff mixed :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4