Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Recommended Posts

Thanks @RJ1013 for the info. :)

I like how that Sheldon's rebelion sounds, as I am not fan of Amy being seen as she could mother him in some way either. Although the act of the rebelion is ironically immature, as long Sheldon made his point it might turn as a useful thing. Sometimes is need to take a radical step for people can hear and understand a person's motivations.

 I like too that Sheldon called Amy his mate, as it shows so well how he sees her, any doubt ( I dont have btw ) about the nature of Sheldon's feelings for Amy. He is a grown man that loves his girlfriend. He is not a boy in an adult world anymore.

Everything sounds a funny and at same time meaningful episode. Can not wait for see it on screen!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Thanks @RJ1013 for the info. :)

I like how that Sheldon's rebelion sounds, as I am not fan of Amy being seen as she could mother him in some way either. Although the act of the rebelion is ironically immature, as long Sheldon made his point it might turn as a useful thing. Sometimes is need to take a radical step for people can hear and understand a person's motivations.

 I like too that Sheldon called Amy his mate, as it shows so well how he sees her, any doubt ( I dont have btw ) about the nature of Sheldon's feelings for Amy. He is a grown man that loves his girlfriend. He is not a boy in an adult world anymore.

Everything sounds a funny and at same time meaningful episode. Can not wait for see it on screen!

 

It could go either way actually. We might see it as Amy and Mary bonding but, I really don't want a situation where Amy and Mary are making fun of Sheldon ,  or laughing behind his back for being a child or whatever .  That would not be any better than the Meemaw Materialization episode TBH.

Sheldon might realize he is an adult but what good is it if Amy and Mary still don't think he can run his own life ???? Hope the actual episode proves me wrong.   

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

Thanks for the spoiler.

I dont know  it is a good thing that Amy thinks Sheldon can't run his own life. We will have to see if Amy actually thinks that or Sheldon just believes that incorrectly. Hope it is the latter. I  am usually not a fan of stories where women think the man can't run his own life. This is not that much different from someone suggesting that Penny  should sort Leonard's life and get rid of his crap. Lol.

I don’t want to assume negative motivations on Amy’s part without more information. It seems likely to me that she would’ve told Mary not out of a desire to try to run his life, but rather because she was nervous about how his mother might react, and because she wanted to soften any potential blows. An attempt at kindness feels more like Amy to me than an attempt at being controlling or domineering.

The fact that he pushes back against all of it is still a reasonable reaction, though, because she did meddle, regardless of her intent.

This sounds like one where we will need more details to get a good sense of it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 

It could go either way actually. We might see it as Amy and Mary bonding but, I really don't want a situation where Amy and Mary are making fun of Sheldon ,  or laughing behind his back for being a child or whatever .  That would not be any better than the Meemaw Materialization episode TBH.

Sheldon might realize he is an adult but what good is it if Amy and Mary still don't think he can run his own life ???? Hope the actual episode proves me wrong.   

Hum, I dont believe it would work as they making fun of Sheldon neither laughing behind his back. It would be cruel and neither Mary and Amy are cruel people, especially about Sheldon who both love.

We really need more details for a fair judgment of the situation that led to Sheldon's rebelion but I see, from Mary, too much protectiveness and from Amy, a way of soften the situation for her boyfriend, as it seemed to be on table a few sensitive subjects. They both might need to learn to handle better with Sheldon's grown atitude about his life at present moment but it might have happened a few miserstoods in the midle, as it lead usual to comedy situations on the show.  

As long as they recognized  they might have been wrong and do something to get it better, it works as realistic, as people who loves their  children or their so once in a while had conflits to handle with. Relationships are more than just smiles, hugs and kisses. Getting there as they can fix a conflit is other sign of growth and that is something I have been realy enjoying about shamy this season. Keep it up :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RJ1013 said:

I don’t want to assume negative motivations on Amy’s part without more information. It seems likely to me that she would’ve told Mary not out of a desire to try to run his life, but rather because she was nervous about how his mother might react, and because she wanted to soften any potential blows. An attempt at kindness feels more like Amy to me than an attempt at being controlling or domineering.

The fact that he pushes back against all of it is still a reasonable reaction, though, because she did meddle, regardless of her intent.

This sounds like one where we will need more details to get a good sense of it.

 

So, Amy's told Mary about the living arrangement. It's only fair that Sheldon tell Amy's mother now.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've watched some IG about the episode; apart the spoilers for 10.12, the users also said that 10.11 has been a bit edited, so the final version is not exactly faithful to the TR. Some kisses have been shortened, but they are still very hot!!! Sorry for the bad news guys, but better being prepared!!!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RJ1013 thanks a ton for the additional information - I don't have IG so I don't have access to the stories.

I'm liking the general sound of this because it sounds like this whole "let's coddle Sheldon" BS is finally being tackled - by Sheldon pushing against this no less! Hallelujah! I've wanted this for so long - and it's indeed not the first time Sheldon complained about it. But it's great to actually get a payoff to that!

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I've watched some IG about the episode; apart the spoilers for 10.12, the users also said that 10.11 has been a bit edited, so the final version is not exactly faithful to the TR. Some kisses have been shortened, but they are still very hot!!! Sorry for the bad news guys, but better being prepared!!!

Is it only the kisses or something else as well?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, April said:

@RJ1013 thanks a ton for the additional information - I don't have IG so I don't have access to the stories.

I'm liking the general sound of this because it sounds like this whole "let's coddle Sheldon" BS is finally being tackled - by Sheldon pushing against this no less! Hallelujah! I've wanted this for so long - and it's indeed not the first time Sheldon complained about it. But it's great to actually get a payoff to that!

Is it only the kisses or something else as well?

The kisses.  The person who went said they seemed shorter, but still hot.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, April said:

@RJ1013 thanks a ton for the additional information - I don't have IG so I don't have access to the stories.

I'm liking the general sound of this because it sounds like this whole "let's coddle Sheldon" BS is finally being tackled - by Sheldon pushing against this no less! Hallelujah! I've wanted this for so long - and it's indeed not the first time Sheldon complained about it. But it's great to actually get a payoff to that!

Is it only the kisses or something else as well?

No idea, the IG stories I've watched said that some parts have been edited and the kisses shortened, but no details about that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

The kisses.  The person who went said they seemed shorter, but still hot.

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

No idea, the IG stories I've watched said that some parts have been edited and the kisses shortened, but no details about that.

Okay then. If it's mostly the kisses being shorter I can deal with that. I just hope some of the other cute things haven't been cut entirely. Fingers crossed!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's not exactly how Sheldon told Leonard about the kiss, but this gif is so accurate...

 

gif.gif

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the kiss was the most memorable part of that episode, if it hadn't happened it would have been up there with Speckerman as an episode for me personally. I kind of wanted to punch Sheldon up until that beautiful somewhat unexpected moment.

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I know it's not exactly how Sheldon told Leonard about the kiss, but this gif is so accurate...

 

gif.gif

Yeah that was also a major highlight of the episode when Leonard tried to get Sheldon to rank the three notable experiences but he couldn't as they were equally special. And the bit when he needed to 'collect more data' lol.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

that said, this sounds...frankly unpleasant. I have always hated it when Sheldon has a valid point, but because he expresses it in an extreme/dickish manner the story becomes about the reaction, rather than his completely legitimate grievance.

...

once again, the show is muddling a valid point with an over-the-top expression. Once again, the story is sheldon's reaction, not the paternalism or thoughtless cruelty or whatever of the people around him. Once again, the show is sending a very disturbing message - different = crazy. Look at Sheldon, eh? Still, he suckered that nice Amy into loving him. Hope for everyone, eh?

Idk, I'd rather wait for the final episode to make a verdict about what point the show actually gets across here. Sheldon has an extremely valid point but I guess there always the issue that this show needs to make things funny because it's a comedy. Could they have done it in a different way? Idk, probably? Will it totally undermine the point Sheldon is making? Hard to tell from the little we know.

The details from the TR are pointing towards a scenario where it sounds like it's the "last straw" for Sheldon (as said before, he has been making similar complaints before) and thus he snaps and overreacts. His actions itself are exactly the kind of ridiculous nonsense I'd expect, not because "hurrhurr Sheldon is crazeeee" but it actually makes sense in a weird way. He's been trying his best for quite some time now so when people are still not treating him like an adult but an irrational kid that needs to be coddled I'd probably throw my hands up as well like "FU, if you think I'm an irrational crazy kid then I'll show you what that looks like!" It's not a mature reaction, granted, and I'd rather have them make up in a nice little talk but I'm willing to give this a chance.

At the very least, I'm grateful that the show is making this a plot point. Contrary to popular belief the writers aren't ignoring how Sheldon has outgrown his old "needs to be pampered" persona and I would hope that even if this episode might not show us the fruits of these efforts that we'll see results long term. If Sheldon doesn't want to be coddled anymore it could be fertile grounds for stories where he's stepping up his game even more and at the same time Amy hopefully realises that her "gentle and careful" method isn't needed that much anymore either. Sheldon is an adult - he can deal with life just fine and the people around him just need to let him do that.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more TR spoilers I read, the more I feel like my fantasy that Sheldon comes in from the freezing cold and warms his icy hands on Amy's bottom isn't going to happen. Oh well, a girl can dream. 

I'm reluctant to pass any judgement on Sheldon's reaction to his mother and amy until I see how it plays out. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

The more TR spoilers I read, the more I feel like my fantasy that Sheldon comes in from the freezing cold and warms his icy hands on Amy's bottom isn't going to happen. Oh well, a girl can dream. 

Yeah, I fear we would have heard about that if that were to happen. Oh well, there's always fanfic...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, I fear we would have heard about that if that were to happen. Oh well, there's always fanfic...

I'm going to say it happened anyway, but behind closed doors. He might have been upset with her, but he can't resist her warm behind.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joyceraye said:

 

So, Amy's told Mary about the living arrangement. It's only fair that Sheldon tell Amy's mother now.

ouch lol!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it is only 8 days until we can see more shamy kisses, today I share my favourite detail from shamy make out in s8:

 

tumblr_no1bcvV4dS1s552elo1_500-1.gifFor who didnt want kissing girls earlier, Sheldon was really enjoying it as he wanted more! :wub:

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally watched episode 10... "It's a good thing you're cute"??? Why do these writers wanna kill me before you know what??? I love it. 

You're not getting any bad vibes from me. I love this, all of this... even the not so great parts. This is a ship for the good and the bad times, ain't it?

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.