The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Hi now that amy sheldon have been to texas and amy bonding with mary how long to you think we will see an engagment?

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Hopefully during the next sweeps, huh? Whenever that is...... February?

Sweeps....February 2 - March 1, 2017

• Like 7

12 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

The only bit that I know of that was changed was what Sheldon said in the car, which they did as an re-enactment at the taping.  In the episode shown he says "Only five minutes? Maybe Amy and I were doing it wrong, it took us hours...." Then Amy has this dreamy smile on her face.

Oh boy, these two kill me for good reasons! :wub:

12 hours ago, April said:

Anyway, speaking of kisses - it's only 8 days until we can see them for ourselves. Until then...

Countdown to 10x11 - Shamy Kisses

TBBTShamykiss3.gif

The Kiss: Sheldon tries to make a point about how silly romance is. It backfires in the best way.

Favourite Detail: That moment when his mind switches from "Romance is stupid!" to "Oh this is nice!?" <3

This kiss is outstanding! My favourite detail is how Sheldon's body got closer to Amy's and his hand on her waiste...powerful! :wub:

12 hours ago, mirs1 said:

I know it's not exactly how Sheldon told Leonard about the kiss, but this gif is so accurate...

gif.gif

True! Sheldon is a functional boyfriend that also put dreamy smiles on Amy's face: everything a shamy shipper always wished for!

Edited by spidergirl
Sentence rebuilt
  • Like 4

I'm not that trilled by this week episode, there are some very cute parts, like Sheldon calling Amy his "mate", that is so them and so romantic (from now on my official "word" to name them, LOL!) and the final part of the episode, with Amy complimenting Sheldon for how he looked with the earring and him getting the compliment and begin flattered; those bits sound very cute cute. I also like that Amy and Mary are binding, them drinking tea on the couch seems to indicate that Mary has welcome her in the family, I'm so happy about that, because I have the impression Amy so want a loving family that accepts her. I'm not very convinced by the fact Amy spilled the beans with Mary; I can see she did it with very good intentions, she wanted them to have a good time in Texas, without any issue or fight, but it was not her business to do so. Anyway, I don't think that was a real problem for Sheldon, the fact he took him with him when getting the piercing is very telling that he was not angry at her. Not very trilled about child Sheldon either, it is getting old, it will be something fun to see, but probably I would have appreciated a different outcome for this episode.

Anyway, I think it's time for Sheldon to meet again Mrs. Fowler!!! If he really wants to get back at Amy for her spilling the beans (as the episode suggest, thanks again to @MJistheBOMB for the additional info), I suggest him to have with her mother a discussion like that...The fun fact is that now that would be true! 

gif1.gif

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

like Sheldon calling Amy his "mate", that is so them and so romantic (from now on my official "word" to name them, LOL!) 

This is funny to me cause the word means something decidedly less romantic in British English slang where it's just another term for "friend/buddy". When I hear it I always think of that Tenth Doctor/Donna scene in 4x01 of Doctor Who. LOL

7 hours ago, MJistheBOMB said:

In fact Sheldon threatened something like that, I just don't remember what he said exactly. Amy said some sarcastic remark that she'd just he happy he took an interest in her family. 

6 hours ago, spidergirl said:

So it might have been a hint for upcoming episodes. Sometimes it seems that Amy has no relatives at all and after almost 6 years of being  in a relationship with Sheldon, it would be about time for some interactions with her family. We know she has mother but that's all. I 'd like to know more from her background, as we have been getting a bit from others characters through the seasons.

OMG If that leads to us finally getting more about Amy's family that would be brilliant! At the very least the writers seem to be aware that they have been neglected that part. Fingers crossed! :D

• Like 8

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I'm not that trilled by this week episode, there are some very cute parts, like Sheldon calling Amy his "mate", that is so them and so romantic (from now on my official "word" to name them, LOL!) and the final part of the episode, with Amy complimenting Sheldon for how he looked with the earring and him getting the compliment and begin flattered; those bits sound very cute cute. I also like that Amy and Mary are binding, them drinking tea on the couch seems to indicate that Mary has welcome her in the family, I'm so happy about that, because I have the impression Amy so want a loving family that accepts her. I'm not very convinced by the fact Amy spilled the beans with Mary; I can see she did it with very good intentions, she wanted them to have a good time in Texas, without any issue or fight, but it was not her business to do so. Anyway, I don't think that was a real problem for Sheldon, the fact he took him with him when getting the piercing is very telling that he was not angry at her. Not very trilled about child Sheldon either, it is getting old, it will be something fun to see, but probably I would have appreciated a different outcome for this episode.

Anyway, I think it's time for Sheldon to meet again Mrs. Fowler!!! If he really wants to get back at Amy for her spilling the beans (as the episode suggest, thanks again to @MJistheBOMB for the additional info), I suggest him to have with her mother a discussion like that...The fun fact is that now that would be true! 

gif1.gif

My feelings about this week episode are similar to yours. Surely I will enjoy the shamy interactions as we can see these days how much they have been progressing in their relationship. The fact that Amy went to Texas at Sheldon's child home at Christmas time with him is something that  give us the sense of they are progressing to the level of sharing time together with their families, the engagement might be the next level to them. Oh boy! :wub:

However there were actions from both and from his mother that I think it should not have happened by now but some things take their time to get to the right path and what matters at the end imo is that Sheldon made a point to his mother as he is not a boy anymore but surely he need yet to improve that he is a man in all his actions. About Amy, she needs to learn that some things she decides by herself but others that are related with her and Sheldon as couple, they have to decide together. I believe this was one more sub level shamy reached on their relationship, as the love and passion are stronger every day they live but there are yet litle things to improve  as a relationship is something dynamic, it had to be worked every day for it can be a sucess.

Sheldon got upset with Amy for she spilled the beans but not angry as she went with him as he pierced his ear. It is a good thing, they have their rows but try to fix them together. It really made me happy.

Indeed it is time for Sheldon being introduced to Amy's family. It would be a shame if it only happened in their wedding day,lol!

Btw, that shamy moment with Amy's mother was priceless,lol!

Well, when Sheldon met Amy's mother in person, she would see how bright is Amy's smile these days :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

An episode where Sheldon tries to get along with Amy's mother would be nice and hilarious! I would like to see her visiting her daughter in her old apartment and finding out that she doesn't live there anymore. As she know that she and Sheldon are a couple she goes to him, but hears from Lenny that he has moved with Amy to 4b. Her face turns pale first, but them it turns red and she walks straight to 4b hammering on the door, shouting her name.

Amy panics and looks for a place to hide. 

Sheldon:Why are you hiding under the table? 

Amy: You are right, it's a bad place to hide! I need a closet! There's one in the dormitory! 

Amy tries to run to the dormitory, but Sheldon holds her arm.

Sheldon: Amy that's rude, you can't let her standing outside. It's been a while since you' ve seen her. She must be desperate to see you. 

Sheldon lets her free and walks to the door to open it.

Amy (screams): Don't do it, you are opening Pandora's box!

Sheldon: Don't be ridiculous Amy! I'm sure everything will be fine....

Sheldon opens the door, when Amy's mother jumps at him, wrapping her hands around his throat.

Mrs. Fowler: You unmoral sex maniac! You are letting my daughter free or you will regret it!

Amy: Mother stop, you are suffocating him! I live with him voluntarily! I love him! He wants to marry me someday! He can show you the ring if you let him go!

• Like 6

It really has been a quiet day here, eh? It's only 7 days left until the next episode so time for another one of these:

TBBTShamykiss4a.gifTBBTShamykiss4b.gif

The Kiss: Amy reminds Sheldon that goodbye kisses are now a thing!

Favourite Detail: The simple casualness of this kiss. No big fuss, they do that now!

:wub:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, April said:

It really has been a quiet day here, eh? It's only 7 days left until the next episode so time for another one of these:

TBBTShamykiss4a.gifTBBTShamykiss4b.gif

The Kiss: Amy reminds Sheldon that goodbye kisses are now a thing!

Favourite Detail: The simple casualness of this kiss. No big fuss, they do that now!

:wub:

Gotta say, I always thought of that kiss as pretty "meh".  It definitely benefits from being slowed down in that first gif.  Love the way he pulls himself close to her.  Who thinks we'll get a promo for the next episode tonight?? Here's hoping!

1 minute ago, OnlyonTuesdays said:

Gotta say, I always thought of that kiss as pretty "meh".  It definitely benefits from being slowed down in that first gif.  Love the way he pulls himself close to her.

It's not my favourite either - especially since it's mostly also for comedy when they talk through the rest of it. But it has its good sides. ;D

1 minute ago, OnlyonTuesdays said:

Who thinks we'll get a promo for the next episode tonight?? Here's hoping!

I also hope we get something soon - evidently we need some fun stuff to get through the week! LOL

• Like 3

Trying to remember is that the kiss after the famous 'please pass the butter' scene? I crack up every time I see that scene lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Trying to remember is that the kiss after the famous 'please pass the butter' scene? I crack up every time I see that scene lol

Yes!! LOL that scene was amazing! Still one of my faves as well!!

• Like 5

That scene is gold! 

Shamy-butter.gif

I love the gif too, in slowly is so damn cute!, apart the glory scene "please, pass the butter", I love the one with the both in the store floor while Sheldon is deciding which console he is going to buy. 

Shamy-Xbox-PS4.gif

• Like 6

11 hours ago, April said:

This is funny to me cause the word means something decidedly less romantic in British English slang where it's just another term for "friend/buddy". When I hear it I always think of that Tenth Doctor/Donna scene in 4x01 of Doctor Who. LOL

I like it so much for Shamy because it is also a scientific term, LOL! Plus, but I think it's a coincidence, in one of his interviews post 9.11 (when cast interviews were still a "thing") Jim used it. He was asked whether he thought if, after coitus, Shamy would have stayed together forever; he said that, in his opinion, neither Sheldon nor Amy were religious so probably the term "for ever" for them has not so much to do with marriage, but they were kind of two penguins, which once they found their mate, they stay together for all their life. I found that idea of Shamy very true and also very romantic, LOL!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I like it so much for Shamy because it is also a scientific term, LOL! Plus, but I think it's a coincidence, in one of his interviews post 9.11 (when cast interviews were still a "thing") Jim used it. He was asked whether he thought if, after coitus, Shamy would have stayed together forever; he said that, in his opinion, neither Sheldon nor Amy were religious so probably the term "for ever" for them has not so much to do with marriage, but they were kind of two penguins, which once they found their mate, they stay together for all their life. I found that idea of Shamy very true and also very romantic, LOL!

Yes, with the scientific angle it's absolutely perfect. :wub:

You don't happen to remember what interview that was? Cause I don't remember it but since we're so short-changed with interviews these days I'm ready to go on a 9x11 interview spree. LOL

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, April said:

Yes, with the scientific angle it's absolutely perfect. :wub:

You don't happen to remember what interview that was? Cause I don't remember it but since we're so short-changed with interviews these days I'm ready to go on a 9x11 interview spree. LOL

I wish I did! I've tried to google it but I didn't find it. Anyway, you are right, if we don't ear anything by Molaro in a few days, we should start reading again the nice 9.11 interviews, LOL!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I love that interview and I think it is adorable the vision of shamy like two penguins as they indeed choose a mate for life. :wub:

Imo what is most fascinating about shamy is the power of their feelings to each other as something inherently to their minds and that connection made them to wish to bond also physical as they bonded more emotionally. Their relationship is unique as it doesnt follow social convections, religion or how to do a relationship between two  people work list. They do things because they are into them and share them as interests, and not because they need to make a point to other people or please anyone. Certainly some things have not been easy as they are both quirky and have both strong personalities but even in hard times they try to get the balance needed to fix their issues in ways that could not work for most of people but as long these ways work for them, their relationship get to where they feel it should get for be balanced.

Imo and maybe I am in minority here but if they might  not ever get married , I believe they would not be less happy.

I am not saying that I would not want an engagement and a wedding ceremony for them because I do want but they seem so confortable doing a "married" life without an official ceremony that I can see them being like this forever. What imo is also romantic because love doesnt need to be showed to others as a true fact but to be felt in most true way. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Is it this one from TV Insider?

The Big Bang Theory: What's Next for Sheldon and Amy Post-Coitus?

http://www.tvinsider.com/article/60837/the-big-bang-theory-sheldon-amy-sex-parsons-bialik-interview/

This was fast!! Bless you for finding this!! <3

Also, aww that was cute!! I miss their interviews so much...

pillowfeelsmarshall.gif

• Like 3