The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

In all the sixty-four years since I started nursery school it's always been called a gown. I know of no school or college that would call it a robe. I've only ever lived in England and Wales, though. The main thing is, I get it, thanks.   Harry Potter books have different versions on opposite sides of the pond; I remember now. I still think the nightie spoils the ship for a ha'porth of tar, but if it makes Shamy happy, fair enough.

Well, the kids call them robes on both sides of the pond. I know HP fans from all over the world and it's robes, trust me.

And what Amy is wearing is not just the Hufflepuff house robe but also the Hufflepuff scarf and a wand - and she got all of that from the fanshop at the "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter". If it were only one thing then okay, I could maybe understand your issue but the girl is decked in HP fan regalia except for her night gown.

1 minute ago, joyceraye said:

It's not the first time this season I've been confused : you should have seen what I imagined when Sheldon reminded Leonard to water the avocado pit. :)

What?? What did you think that would look like!? O_o

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

*is relieved*

Thanks for that :)

You didn't get anything wrong. The stingy wardrobe department included a nightie in the robes, which I hadn't imagined.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

In the picture where it says 'academic robes' the 'robes' include more than the gown. There's some thing under the gown. That's where I didn't expect a nightie.

It says "academic robes" because there are multiple people depicted wearing academic robes. I mean, come on!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, April said:

Well, the kids call them robes on both sides of the pond. I know HP fans from all over the world and it's robes, trust me.

And what Amy is wearing is not just the Hufflepuff house robe but also the Hufflepuff scarf and a wand - and she got all of that from the fanshop at the "The Wizarding World of Harry Potter". If it were only one thing then okay, I could maybe understand your issue but the girl is decked in HP fan regalia except for her night gown.

What?? What did you think that would look like!? O_o

Perhaps I'm just developing a dirty mind in my old age. :) Silly one anyway, being underwhelmed by a promo clip. I'll know what to expect now when they show us Sheldon wearing his over his pyjamas.

For a pit I imagined a hole in the floor of 4A with avocadoes growing in it. I wondered what room it was in as we'd never seen one. Raj recommended a fire pit to Bernie so I'd no reason not to think the word wasn't the same. :)  A week or two after Shamy moved to 4B I found out 'pit' is American for stone or pip. I have tried unsuccessfully to grow them myself. The picture in my head for a week of what the 'pit' looked like in 4A was bizarre to say the least. 

1 hour ago, MJistheBOMB said:

Hey, I typed "robe" in the TR. Nailed it. Haha.

Still grateful for the T.R. thanks. It's the PTB or the wardrobe people I was cheesed at. :) Can't wait to see if they show us Sheldon in his.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps I'm just developing a dirty mind in my old age. :) Silly one anyway, being underwhelmed by a promo clip. I'll know what to expect now when they show us Sheldon wearing his over his pyjamas.

Well, at least you learned something new! :icon_wink:

7 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

For a pit I imagined a hole in the floor of 4A with avocadoes growing in it. I wondered what room it was in as we'd never seen one. Raj recommended a fire pit to Bernie so I'd no reason not to think the word wasn't the same. :)  A week or two after Shamy moved to 4B I found out 'pit' is American for stone or pip. I have tried unsuccessfully to grow them myself. The picture in my head for a week of what the 'pit' looked like in 4A was bizarre to say the least.

This is probably the most hilarious misunderstanding I've read on this forum. OMG LMAO

I probably helps me to avoid these pitfalls (ha!) cause English is not my first language and I'm comfortable juggling different variants of English. A trusty dictionary is just a click away!

• Like 3

I'm embarrassed to admit I was confused my avacodo pit as well lol !! Although I visualised a long trough (you know like a planter filled with soil) with lots of avacodo plants haha !!!

Robe I  totally got though - and I'm from Scotland :) I thought the nightie under the robe was very Shamy & cute ! 

btw - I'm still not over the promo !

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, April said:

We've already had plenty of kissing today but no reason to spare the little trip down memory lane. 6 days left!!

Countdown to 10x11 - Shamy Kisses

TBBTShamykiss5.gif

The Kiss: Making out on their 5th anniversary.

Favourite Detail: All the little touches.

Love that kiss! Things went wrong after but they were finaly getting to making out and Sheldon was really enjoying it, as he wanted more and tried to short the talk  with "Anyway". The breaking up was hard to them and us but it was worth as they are so well now, as they are doing the whole relationship package, lol!

My favourite detail is Sheldon's thumb on Amy "s leg :wub:

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

Even if that was the beginning of a nightmare for all of us, until 9.10 aired, for me Sheldon saying "anyway" and leaning for another kiss was the sexiest Shamy related thing I had seen in the show. 

BTW, don't you think that this kiss is resamble the one in the promo? Just this time is Amy  the one that doesn't want to break the kiss.

Thanks @veejay for you wonderful gifs!

I am in love for that kiss! My favourite  detail is Amy didn't want to stop the kiss. She is so tender to Sheldon as she looks at him and touches him :wub:

1 hour ago, April said:

You're welcome. If you need some facts to check, I'm your gal! ;D

Marthasalute.gif

I will do it if I need. I feel confortable enough for that. :)

5 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

btw - I'm still not over the promo !

Who is? :wub:

• Like 7

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Even if that was the beginning of a nightmare for all of us, until 9.10 aired, for me Sheldon saying "anyway" and leaning for another kiss was the sexiest Shamy related thing I had seen in the show. 

BTW, don't you think that this kiss is resamble the one in the promo? Just this time is Amy  the one that doesn't want to break the kiss.

Thanks @veejay for you wonderful gifs!

You are right the roles are reversed this time. It is Sheldon who parts from Amy, who is glued to his lips. (I don't blame her I wouldn't want to stop kissing him either) What I liked about the GIF as well, is the way Amy pulls Sheldon into her arms and kisses him passionately. That's normally Sheldon's part as well. They seem  to have developed the same kissing technique. First they pull their Partner into their arms and then they press their lips on their partner and suck at their partner's lips as right as possible. They remind me of two magnets, whose different poles (male/female) attract each other as soon as they come closer to the other. And once their lips meet, there's no one who can part them. I also love that when Amy initiates the kiss, you see how Sheldon's desire (I don't have a better word for it) awakes and he slowly moves his arm forward to grab her arm gently. I find this moment of hesitation/awakening very sexy, because you can see how he enjoys the kiss and how he slowly falls for her. (I don't know if you unterstand what I mean) Sheldon is in my mind a hedonist, who takes his time to enjoy every kiss, every touch, every taste, every feeling. He likes to take time to discover every part of Amy. That's why I think it takes them hours for sex, because they take their time to discover  and to show each other how much they love the other. They don't rush and this is what I love about how they make love. 

• Like 6

18 hours ago, April said:

Also, after comparing all these pictures from their rooms they really need a way to stuff more book shelves into Penny's their apartment cause boy do they have a ton of books!! The whole 4th wall could be full of bookshelves filled to the brim! LOL

April, the fourth wall, in this image, would be the closet and a window.  Penny had her dresser in front of the window.  As I don't see a dresser, I would assume it's in the same place as Penny's.  Here's the view showing the fourth wall

Penny's bedroom.jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tensor said:

April, the fourth wall, in this image, would be the closet and a window.  Penny had her dresser in front of the window.  As I don't see a dresser, I would assume it's in the same place as Penny's.  Here's the view showing the fourth wall

Penny's bedroom.jpg

I was talking about the apartment in general and I meant the 4th wall in the living room here cause that's the one we almost never see (I think the only time was for the painting???). So that one being a wall of bookshelves would work.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, April said:

I was talking about the apartment in general and I meant the 4th wall in the living room here cause that's the one we almost never see (I think the only time was for the painting???). So that one being a wall of bookshelves would work.

Isn't the 4th wall in the living room where the media centre ended up?

13 hours ago, Desdemona said:

You are right the roles are reversed this time. It is Sheldon who parts from Amy, who is glued to his lips. (I don't blame her I wouldn't want to stop kissing him either) What I liked about the GIF as well, is the way Amy pulls Sheldon into her arms and kisses him passionately. That's normally Sheldon's part as well. They seem  to have developed the same kissing technique. First they pull their Partner into their arms and then they press their lips on their partner and suck at their partner's lips as right as possible. They remind me of two magnets, whose different poles (male/female) attract each other as soon as they come closer to the other. And once their lips meet, there's no one who can part them. I also love that when Amy initiates the kiss, you see how Sheldon's desire (I don't have a better word for it) awakes and he slowly moves his arm forward to grab her arm gently. I find this moment of hesitation/awakening very sexy, because you can see how he enjoys the kiss and how he slowly falls for her. (I don't know if you unterstand what I mean) Sheldon is in my mind a hedonist, who takes his time to enjoy every kiss, every touch, every taste, every feeling. He likes to take time to discover every part of Amy. That's why I think it takes them hours for sex, because they take their time to discover  and to show each other how much they love the other. They don't rush and this is what I love about how they make love. 

You nailed it! I love how they take their time for everything but with all passion as every couple in love. I believe it has to do with their personalities. Sheldon and Amy are persons of mind , they analise everything too well before take an action which makes total sense for the jobs they choose to do for life. Their own social interactions tend to be timid or hesitant or even in many situations not well suceed as they need time to express their emotions which is easier for people who not think too much before interact with someone. 

People who work in science fields tend to be a bit like them . I am not saying that happens to everyone who work in science but there is a tendency for shy and reserved  personalities. Surely Sheldon is a not so common case because he has several unique traits but in truth there are many Sheldon out there, unfortunately not many have a chance of falling love with their soulmate like Sheldon. The writers have been doing an excellent job with shamy because they have changed for the love they feel for each other but the traits that make them unique are untouchable, what is remarkable. We see both are different nowdays  as they have been growing and involving to deep things in their lives but then they kiss and we see the same tecnique they have been using since the beginning of their relationship, the only difference is they are more confortable to explore more the physical side of their relationship and now kiss passionately as they are more socialy adjusted, you know.

And the truth is Amy is a very lucky woman and I believe she knows it now. Amy wanted to have many things other girls have but I think she has something that many girls wished for. 

A boyfriend who takes their time for they give pleasure to each other and enjoy their time together. Ironically I think Penny and Bernardette sometimes envy her a bit :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
I improved some sentences as they were not rigt about what I wanted to express. Sorry the mess :)
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Isn't the 4th wall in the living room where the media centre ended up?

Yeah, exactly. And where they hung the painting until recently. Same wall. But we don't really see that in the show so if they want to change the apartment without making too many changes you can always put these things on the 4th wall.

Because the problem with 4B is that there are like what, 2 tiny build-in bookshelves? Amy alone had 3 big bookshelves in her old apartment, plus additional stacks of books lying around everywhere. Add to that Sheldon's extensive comic book collection and whatever science books he owns then you run out of space pretty quickly. And not really much room to add more shelves on the walls we see in the living room or the bedroom. But unless they put everything in storage I would love if they at least have that 4th wall solution.

Like, Amy suggested changes to the apartment and Sheldon happily agreed so they could install some bookshelves which would make the book aficionado in me very happy! <3

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, exactly. And where they hung the painting until recently. Same wall. But we don't really see that in the show so if they want to change the apartment without making too many changes you can always put these things on the 4th wall.

Because the problem with 4B is that there are like what, 2 tiny build-in bookshelves? Amy alone had 3 big bookshelves in her old apartment, plus additional stacks of books lying around everywhere. Add to that Sheldon's extensive comic book collection and whatever science books he owns then you run out of space pretty quickly. And not really much room to add more shelves on the walls we see in the living room or the bedroom. But unless they put everything in storage I would love if they at least have that 4th wall solution.

Like, Amy suggested changes to the apartment and Sheldon happily agreed so they could install some bookshelves which would make the book aficionado in me very happy! <3

Given the amount of time Sheldon spent at his desk in 4A, they need a desk to go somewhere in there as well.  Haven't got a clue where they'd put it though.

• Like 3

Did you all notice that Amy was wearing a long-sleeved blue nightgown when Sheldon woke her up, but had the pink "coitus' nightie on under the Hufflepuff robe?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, I Miss Dan said:

Did you all notice that Amy was wearing a long-sleeved blue nightgown when Sheldon woke her up, but had the pink "coitus' nightie on under the Hufflepuff robe?

I noticed she didn't have that horrible stripey thing on.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

And it seems a shorter model, not under Amy' s knees.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, April said:

So that's why he suggested moving the 'art work' first !

1 hour ago, A Shamy gal said:

And it seems a shorter model, not under Amy' s knees. 

How observant some people are !  OK wardrobe department, all is forgiven. I feel so much better now.

• Like 2

I'll be shocked if they don't end up having some decent sized bookshelves in their apartment at some point. Both of them will have plenty of books either related to their profession or for casual reading like for example Amy's Chaucer collection or Victorian era literature. You also have Sheldon's comics and presumably sci-fi classic books as well.

I hope that the powers that be keep making changes to the apartment every episode that has scenes in 4B, it is/will be fun to spot the changes. :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

After Shamy had their bedroom decorated in their own style, I must confess that I also have been waiting for see they install bookshelves with their books side by side in their place. Can you imagine the day we might see physics books on same shelves as neurobiology books, Jane Austen's books side by side with Batman comics collections? As a booklover, I will smile delightfully! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
Translation of a word meaning messed
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

I'll be shocked if they don't end up having some decent sized bookshelves in their apartment at some point. Both of them will have plenty of books either related to their profession or for casual reading like for example Amy's Chaucer collection or Victorian era literature. You also have Sheldon's comics and presumably sci-fi classic books as well.

I hope that the powers that be keep making changes to the apartment every episode that has scenes in 4B, it is/will be fun to spot the changes. :)

Assuming that half of the books in the bookcases in the living room of 4A are Sheldon, plus what what's got in his bedroom, plus Amy's Chaucer collection and her own science books, they're going to need several large bookcases.  On top of that Sheldon needs a desk and somewhere for his game consoles.  Amy also needs somewhere for her harp and a space to do her quilting.  What they really need is another room.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Assuming that half of the books in the bookcases in the living room of 4A are Sheldon, plus what what's got in his bedroom, plus Amy's Chaucer collection and her own science books, they're going to need several large bookcases.  On top of that Sheldon needs a desk and somewhere for his game consoles.  Amy also needs somewhere for her harp and a space to do her quilting.  What they really need is another room.

It's a sitcom so they can get away with having a small sample of books on display even though from a realism point of view both of them must have a shit ton of books. A large bookshelf split 50/50 with Amy's and Sheldon's books on it will probably be enough to satisfy the viewer and get across what they are trying to display.

Sheldon used to work a lot in 4A so I will be interested to see what happens with that going forward. To the annoyance of some (not me) will he keep most of his work stuff like his desk in 4A and keep going over there to work? Will they end up having a work area in 4B even though the space looks pretty tight as it is, though I like what they have done with his whiteboard and where they have placed it. Maybe an alternative is every so often they will just put a scene in the show with Sheldon in his office at Caltech or just use the whiteboard in 4B to show he is still working. Another way of doing it could be the main project Sheldon is working on right now is the gyroscope prototype so just have an occasional scene in the guy's work lab?

I get the impression work space is less off an issue with Amy because she does a lot of work in her own lab and she could always use say the table in 4B to do some paperwork and check her science books. And yeah I can't wait to see her Harp one day at 4B!

Once again the living situation changes provide interesting discussion and a wide of possibilities. It's the storyline that keeps on giving lol :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It's a sitcom so they can get away with having a small sample of books on display even though from a realism point of view both of them must have a shit ton of books. A large bookshelf split 50/50 with Amy's and Sheldon's books on it will probably be enough to satisfy the viewer and get across what they are trying to display.

Sheldon used to work a lot in 4A so I will be interested to see what happens with that going forward. To the annoyance of some (not me) will he keep most of his work stuff like his desk in 4A and keep going over there to work? Will they end up having a work area in 4B even though the space looks pretty tight as it is, though I like what they have done with his whiteboard and where they have placed it. Maybe an alternative is every so often they will just put a scene in the show with Sheldon in his office at Caltech or just use the whiteboard in 4B to show he is still working. Another way of doing it could be the main project Sheldon is working on right now is the gyroscope prototype so just have an occasional scene in the guy's work lab?

I get the impression work space is less off an issue with Amy because she does a lot of work in her own lab and she could always use say the table in 4B to do some paperwork and check her science books. And yeah I can't wait to see her Harp one day at 4B!

Once again the living situation changes provide interesting discussion and a wide of possibilities. It's the storyline that keeps on giving lol :icon_cheesygrin:

I suspect that the writers will have him keep most of his work stuff in 4A and use it as an excuse for him to keep going over there and if he pulls an all nighter, which he has been known to do, that will annoy the hell out of Lenny.

Amy, I think, does most of her work in the lab but she had stuff in her apartment, printer, fax machine etc to suggest she does do some work at home as well.  Writing up reports springs to mind.  And she did bring her work home one time, in the form of Ricky.  :)

Edited by A Shamy gal
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

After Shamy had their bedroom decorated in their own style, I must confess that I also have been waiting for see they install bookshelves with their books side by side in their place. Can you imagine the day we might see physics books on same shelves as neurobiology books, Jane Austen's books side by side with Batman comics collections? As a booklover, I will smile delightfully! :wub:

I don't know if Sheldon would allow Jane Austen next to his Comics. But it would be nice if Amy would sort her books in colours like Mayim does and would argue with Sheldon because he prefers an alphabetical order. LOL Or they exchange their books, so Amy reads a comic, while Sheldon reads "Emma" or "The Turn of The Screw"(although this one might be too scary for him LOL) and they talk about the just read book afterwards. I find Amy's thoughts about superheroes interesting. (I loved when she and the girls talked about Thors hammer)

14 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I suspect that the writers will have him keep most of his work stuff in 4A and use it as an excuse for him to going over there and if he pulls an all nighter, which he has been known to do, that will annoy the hell out of Lenny.

Amy, I think, does most of her work in the lab but she had stuff in her apartment, printer, fax machine etc to suggest she does do some work at home as well.  Writing up reports springs to mind.  And she did bring her work home one time, in the form of Ricky.  :)

I hope we get to see Ricky again. He had such an inimitable character. :icon_wink:

Or another monkey of Amy's lab, how about an oran-utan? I would crack up laughing if he would love Amy to read "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I don't know if Sheldon would allow Jane Austen next to his Comics. But it would be nice if Amy would sort her books in colours like Mayim does and would argue with Sheldon because he prefers an alphabetical order. LOL Or they exchange their books, so Amy reads a comic, while Sheldon reads "Emma" or "The Turn of The Screw"(although this one might be too scary for him LOL) and they talk about the just read book afterwards. I find Amy's thoughts about superheroes interesting. (I loved when she and the girls talked about Thors hammer)

He did admit that Pride and Prejudice was a flawless piece of writing so it may be allowed! LOL

A total wish fulfillment story for me would be to have one episode where they set up the bookshelves and the apartment is cluttered with a gazillion boxes filled with books that need sorting. And since it's really one of those things Sheldon excels at he just sends Amy away to go shopping with Penny or whatever lady things they do (as he would probably express it) so that he can sort the whole thing himself. At the end of the episode Amy comes home when the apartment is ready and Sheldon excitedly explains to her in great detail how he arranged everything. It would be so cute! <3

• Like 7