The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

53 minutes ago, anicez said:

oh yeah! It´s the day guys! I´m so exciting! I´ll see it tomorrow morning (maybe very very early because I can´t wait)

tumblr_ohbmi5ynse1qbwtexo1_r1_250.gif

Happy New Episode day, everyone! Gosh, I am so excited that is a pure madness, lol!

@anicez, I know what you mean! I will watch it very earlier , as usual. Well, maybe earlier than usual because I wont sleep well anyway, lol!

@shamyyellow, so you have already seen these shamy kisses....how did they look like? I have a thing for shamy kisses, that's  why I could not help myself of asking about that! Thanks so much  again for all info you have been providing about 10.13. You have been a precious contribution to this communuty this week.  :) 

A warning, fellows. If I won't sign up here about 6 hours after the episode airs...please send help! Thanks is advance!

Maybe I need someone to bring me to be back to reality, lol! :icon_cheesygrin:

excited4.gif

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

5 minutes ago, shamyyellow said:

Oh, no problem! I enjoy sharing and even though it's hard to see people get so upset about the info I'm giving, I know it's not personal and everybody has a right to their opinions.

I thought tonight's episode was fantastic. It's definitely one of those classic group episodes that stand out as being very special. I was surprised at how great and cohesive the entire cast was. They nailed the sentimentality.

As for Shamy, of course they are adorable. I've found that my favorite things are small, like when Sheldon boops Amy's nose on the car ride there or the way she was asleep on his shoulder before Howard announced that the baby was born. I obviously have to see it again (and again), but my first impression was that they really amped up the inexperience and awkwardness of Shamy after the initial attempt at coitus. Everything is absolutely perfect, but wasn't as delicately handled as the first time they had sex, so at least to me, everything looked a bit clunky... but in a very Shamy and very charming way.

I say this because it's something I noticed at the taping for The Romance Recalibration. The first take of Shamy's big kiss was a bit more awkward and hesitant while the second take looked like Mayim and Jim showing Shamy how it's done. Before the first take, I saw Mayim and Jim making weird motions with their hands, almost like they were figuring out how they were going to grab each other in an awkward way... so it did seem premeditated. Before the second take, Jim turned to Mayim and said, "What do you have in your mouth?! That better be a mint and not garlic!" Adorable. And what made the second kiss for me was Sheldon's facial expressions. I couldn't pay close attention to their body movements because he furrowed his brow like he was really into it and I about died. In all honesty, that second take of the kiss in 10.13 was everything and I pray to God they use it.

Gosh, those of you that have the chance of attending a taping are really lucky! Love to read the tr from eveyone who have attended tapings, especially these litle tidbits about bts. Thanks so much for those, @shamyyellow. It is very appreciated. We are now in a good shamy moment but even when they were broken up, all tr were precious :)

• Like 4

@shamyyellow Thanks a ton for the additional information!! I'm happy to see you somehow survived to tell the tale and not die from a happiness induced heart attack!! LOL

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

And we will all join our prayers to yours!!! If they don't choose that take, we can start a petition to have that footage shown in private Shamy fans screenings, LOL! 

Anyway, that's really interesting to watch the creative process of those actors, at 2015 SDCC Mayim said everything beyond Shamy scenes, especially the "kissing" ones, is carefully crafted to stay true to the characters, she even said something "Jim and I know how to kiss differently", lucky you that got to witness that in person, LOL! It must be difficult to capture the essence of two characters who indeed are inexperienced and are trying something "kinky". I'm happy in a way that the "seriousness" and delicateness of the first time have been toned down. It made sense back then, there were a lot of expectations and fears from both parts to be taken into account. At this point, though, they know what to expect and can be just playful; of course, they are no expert and still don't really know how to do it. 

As for kissing, though, they should be more than experts at this point, so...we are all routing for Take n. 2!!!

Rooting for take2 indeed!

It is impressive how Jim and Mayim are so dedicated to make each shamy scene so true to the characters and also doing litle details that show evolution. It is delightful to see them performing shamy :)

There are a few shamy kisses this season, I am geting lost in counting, lol! After that peck on lips in 10.07, they are really lighting their fire! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

Well they have the old gag that their kissing can be a bit awkward looking especially when seen by other people, Leonard IIRC told Howard that or someone else in the group so I guess it's possible they may use the less passionate second take. But like everyone else I hope they keep the second one in, their technique has CLEARLY improved over the years so it's not like they are going to regress lol. But the first version still is probably beautiful, I have zero problem with the way they kiss most especially now.

• Like 5

50 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Well they have the old gag that their kissing can be a bit awkward looking especially when seen by other people, Leonard IIRC told Howard that or someone else in the group so I guess it's possible they may use the less passionate second take. But like everyone else I hope they keep the second one in, their technique has CLEARLY improved over the years so it's not like they are going to regress lol. But the first version still is probably beautiful, I have zero problem with the way they kiss most especially now.

Yeah, that was literally years ago after a relatively short time of them adding goodbye kisses to their date nights. I think after all this time it's alright to show them being more comfortable and conventionally sexy (for lack of a better description). I mean, 9x10 happened over a year ago so... :icon_wink:

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, that was literally years ago after a relatively short time of them adding goodbye kisses to their date nights. I think after all this time it's alright to show them being more comfortable and conventionally sexy (for lack of a better description). I mean, 9x10 happened over a year ago so... :icon_wink:

I would totally agree, but you never know with these writers lol. Sometimes they forget a line that happened recently but then remember something from years ago. I think we are all hoping for the full on passion version :icon_wink:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, April said:

One thing that gives me hope is that with these things they often do favour the reshoot. I think in 9x10 they reshot  the second kiss when Amy was grabbing Sheldon to get back into the apartment. IIRC the first take was also more awkward and they did a second take which they used in the episode.

Also, with this one the whole point is also to make Lenny envious/annoyed which may work better with a good looking kiss than some awkward fumbling around. LOL

Anyway... Fingers crossed!!

Agree! Although "awkard" is their thing, imo any shamy kiss now is really good looking, as they really show the flame that ignite them , lol! So let them to show their passion for each other! :wub:

And here between us, shamy are reaching a really good functional relationship. Both are still quirky and still enjoy the things they love and are enjoying even better the love they feel to each other. Now the other couples roll more their eyes to their SO than shamy do to each other's quirks.

Because shamy are reaching a balanced relationship between what they like as individual and what they like as couple. This season has been a feast as they get to that well balanced level. Can not wait for all episodes taped and for what this season holds to them yet.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

23 minutes ago, April said:

TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT and we're topping off our countdown with a very fitting kiss - or at least for us Europeans who'll watch it in the morning. I'll surely be heading to bed early and get up ASAP tomorrow. Good night!! <3

Countdown to 10x11 - Shamy Kisses

TBBTShamykiss11.gif

The Kiss: A cute good night peck has become part of their daily routine.

Favourite Detail: The fact that this is a thing now. *squeee*

That's my favourite detail too...It looks casual, just a daily routine (as you call it); given  the rough way their first night sharing a bed ended, with poor Amy on the floor, it is so interesting that, within at most 5 weeks, sleeping together and sharing a quick good night kiss has become a normal habit for them. Shamy were born to live under the same roof, and as soon as they both realized that, everything came to place. 

And now...just counting the hours before I can watch 10.11!!!

ETA: It looks a bit strange, after all the previews of their redecorated bedroom, to see them in "Penny's" room....

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

And let the gif party begin!!!!!  (Sorry, can't delete the devil emoji but I guess it works anyway. Ha.):girldevil:

• Like 9

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

God...they are so cute...

I haven't seen it yet (I don't have cable so I have to wait for it to show up on the site) but that boop is probably the most adorable thing I have ever seen ever. Look at his face. LOOK AT IT. I have to know context. I can't wait!

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

OH GAWD
Maaaaaaan, I just have to say that this is the best episode of the whole season so far. I don't know if it was really that good or if I think that just because I stopped reading TRs (not because I wanted to, lol).

Even with all Harry Potter stuff that I don't understand and no subtitles...gosh. So funny. The bad thing is that they'll be back only at late january, right?

According to TV Line the next new episode airs in the US on  Thursday January 5th.

http://tvline.com/2016/12/09/tv-calendar-2017-january-return-dates/

• Like 7

I agree that Stuart was getting the hits hard on Raj.

Sheldon and Amy went to Texas to finally let his mom know that they’re living together in sin.  LOL

• Like 7