Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Judith said:

I don't agree with this because the reason why Sheldon wasn't in the mood was because of them getting interrupted. He said himself that before that it felt organic so he can't have been soldiering through. Also he told Amy in the beginning that he wanted this and personally I saw no dutifulness in that kiss.

I am a bit on the same page as @OnlyonTuesdays, as while I do believe Sheldon did want to do Amy, you could still sense some hesitation on his part.   It, too seemed to me, he was thinking more of her than himself.   Even in the hallway when Amy was seeking confirmation from Sheldon that they really didn't want to go off with Lenny for her birthday because they had more intimate things in mind, Sheldon left the decision up to Amy.

It wasn't until Amy pulled the robes out that he really got excited and you could see it became more than just wanting to please her.   He even opened up in the car, and though he was upset at Amy, he was playful with her.

At the end of the episode, there was no question at all.   Amy was willing to let the night go thinking Sheldon was tired, and he took over.  

Now, at no time during the episode was Sheldon seeking a way out.  He wanted the coitus.   it's just the enthusiasm seemed to be lacking until later.  

Again, I think @OnlyonTuesdays might be on to something.   Tonight, Sheldon cautioned Amy to let his mother believe they are sleeping in bunk beds.   In the next episode, all is put out in the open before Mary.   No more secrets.   Sheldon has nothing to hide any longer, and he's learning the fun that comes with a sexual relationship.   It is not just about Amy and her birthday, but himself, too.   Furthermore, he's proud to show others how far he has come in his personal growth, especially with the woman he loves.

Edited by jenafan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, jenafan said:

 

 Tonight, Sheldon cautioned Amy to let his mother believe they are sleeping in bunk beds.   In the next episode, all is put out in the open before Mary.   No more secrets.   Sheldon has nothing to hide any longer, and he's learning the fun that comes with a sexual relationship.   It is not just about Amy, but himself, too.   Furthermore, he's proud to show others how far he has come in his personal growth, especially with the woman he loves.

You know, I think he already did a similar thing last night, on the car. Sheldon had got from what he had heard from his friends through the years that a sexual relation that  tends to be too much quick is not a good thing for most of people. After Raj mocked that Howard didnt take 5 minutes with Bernie for conceived Halley , Sheldon quickly shared a detail about his experience lenght with Amy. Surely sarcasm is not a Sheldon thing but imo he kind of mocked who doesnt take time as he took with Amy. Maybe it was like that  because he was a bit playful after he almost casted a spell on Amy but in the end he made a point about how they were diferent than others but he didnt say it as a bad thing. I could swear he said it in subtle pride way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well I went and watched it another three whole times, still just as fantastic. Kept finding myself rewinding and watching the MRI scene over and over again lol. Man does that scene hit you so hard in the feels, just beautiful!

Good thing Season 2 of Man in the High Castle is up, otherwise I would end up watching this episode a few more times tonight most likely lol

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jenafan said:

you could still sense some hesitation on his part.   It, too seemed to me, he was thinking more of her than himself.

"Hesitation"? What?? The guy literally counted the seconds until midnight and went from "wake up, Amy" to "let's have sex" in a minute. How is that "hesitation"?!??

ElementaryWTF.gif

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, April said:

"Hesitation"? What?? The guy literally counted the seconds until midnight and went from "wake up, Amy" to "let's have sex" in a minute. How is that "hesitation"?!??

Got to agree I don't think there was any significant hesitation there, the guy clearly was excited and up for it like right away. The only hesitation I saw was when they got back and tried again but that was clearly because the mood had changed and it didn't feel as spontaneous or organic. He wasn't hesitant when he got back from the Wizarding World that's for sure.

The hallway scene I think was also tied to the mood thing, I think Sheldon was already feeling a little that the mood had gone in that scene because pretty soon after they got back in he said that. Perhaps he thought the mood had passed for Amy as well? And when Penny suggested alternative activities he thought maybe Amy might want to do that instead?

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Got to agree I don't think there was any significant hesitation there, the guy clearly was excited and up for it like right away. The only hesitation I saw was when they got back and tried again but that was clearly because the mood had changed and it didn't feel as spontaneous or organic. He wasn't hesitant when he got back from the Wizarding World that's for sure.

Exactly. If they were going for "hesitant" in the midnight scene they did a terrible job of it cause that didn't come across to me at all. As Sheldon said, it felt organic. They had fun and were comfortable. I checked that scene thoroughly in frequent rewatches. LOL

And I love how all through the episode they're checking back with each other if that's what they really want. Consent is sexy and I'm happy to see that Shamy seem to follow this motto! <3 Being considerate of your partner really isn't a sign of "hesitation" here, imho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't wait to see some of those gifs when Amy said 'Sheldon' in an 'aww Sheldon' kind of voice that she did twice in this episode. When he said to her Happy Birthday and after he told her about the parts lighting up on the scan. I almost died because of the way she said it and her totally in love body language.

Something as small as that really struck me.

Edited by Jonny
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Can't wait to see some of those gifs when Amy said 'Sheldon' in an 'aww Sheldon' kind of voice that she did twice in this episode. When he said to her Happy Birthday and after he told her about the parts lighting up. I almost died, because of the way she said it and her totally in love mannerisms and body language.

Something as small as that really struck me.

Same here! Their body language showed so well how deeply in love they are in that scene. There is a love atmosphere around each shamy scene that is so romantic but in a organic way, they did not need to try anything to force any feelings, they naturally show to each other they are into one other, no matter what . :wub:

A few more observations from the 6 times I rewatched 10.11:

* It is so easy now to Shelfon smile. He was smiling sweetly in MRI scene, when they were in car and Sheldon tapped Amy' s nose and when Howard said to Raj he would be Halley 's godfather. It is so nice to see him so  relaxed with his girl. Amy had a few gorgeous smiles as well, especially in MRI moment and in nauhty girl mode.

* Hey, the "wand" moment really happened, lol! The moment had a subtle Sheldon"s move close to Amy . He gave her an apologies peck on her lips and at same time he got close slightly  to her.  Amy in a subtle way looked at down and then had a golden smile and said happy birthday for her. Yep, the intention was there, lol! :icon_cheesygrin:

* Loved how in touching mode are our beloved couple. In the waiting room there were hands on her knees and on her arms. In bed before mentioning coitus, Sheldon was massaging Amy's arm. Amy slept on Sheldon' s arms in waiting room. Writers, you dont dare to take steps back in this wondetful love story, ever! *nods*

Btw, loved how Amy made clear to Sheldon that the 75 years without sex as Howard got to be a father was a joke. Priceless Sheldon's face, lol! Having sex now really makes part of their lives! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Edited by spidergirl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

* Hey, the "wand" moment really happened, lol! The moment had a subtle Sheldon"s move close to Amy . He gave her an apologies peck on her lips and at same time he got close slightly  to her.  Amy in a subtle way looked at down and then had a golden smile and said hsppy birthday for her. Yep, the intention was there, lol! :icon_cheesygrin:

YES!! I was just skipping thought the kisses again and that really is the only thing that explains her reaction. LMAO

#dead

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Btw, loved how Amy made clear to Sheldon that the 75 years without sex as Howard got to be a father was a joke. Priceless Sheldon's face, lol! Having sex now really makes part of their lives! :icon_cheesygrin:

OMG That, too! Like "Waiting one year was bad enough but 75!?? O_o" LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

* Hey, the "wand" moment really happened, lol! The moment had a subtle Sheldon"s move close to Amy . He gave her an apologies peck on her lips and at same time he got close slightly  to her.  Amy in a subtle way looked at down and then had a golden smile and said happy birthday for her. Yep, the intention was there, lol! :icon_cheesygrin:

OMG!!! Naughty writers, LOL!!! 

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, April said:

"Hesitation"? What?? The guy literally counted the seconds until midnight and went from "wake up, Amy" to "let's have sex" in a minute. How is that "hesitation"?!??

ElementaryWTF.gif

 

For me it was the tone in his voice when he said "I guess we are moving on to the coitus part of your birthday after she kissed him and he pulled away."   I'm not saying he wasn't expecting it or wasn't in the mood.  He did wear his come-hither PJs, and he did say they both were kissing like randy teenagers.   It just seemed like there was still some struggle there with the idea that it isn't just about her.  He referred to her looming genitals.  In the hallway, he advised Amy to decide because it was her birthday.   Back to the apartment, if I recall, she is the one who suggested they try to begin again what they started earlier.  He was going to soldier through their 2nd attempt because it was her birthday, and he didn't want to disappoint her or Lenny  for their expectations. 

It wasn't until Amy began the cosplay that Sheldon seemed to forget about Amy's birthday and it became about him and his excitement, and then his disappointment about being left out until Amy reminded him.   He let go of his disappointment about not going to the wizard fair because he didn't want to ruin her birthday and because things were happening organically again.  

After his return from the wizard fair, the tone changed by his becoming determined because he was in the mood and wanted to play hanky-us panky-us, while Amy showed the hesitation because she thought he may be tired.  BTW, I thought that was extremely considerate of her to tell him both she was afraid they had lost their opportunity, but it was okay because of the circumstances.  Needless to say, it is Sheldon that waves his wand and demands they carry on, and I loved seeing him cast his spell on her and urge her onward because he was worked up.

All I am trying to say, is that I agree with what Molaro said about Sheldon still struggling with intimacy.   I felt it in the beginning of the episode and watched it slowly fade away toward the end.   After the Tag last night, I'm convinced Sheldon is winning the fight for the love of Amy and recognizing that whatever issues he had, no longer carry any weight, if they ever did.  He's finally embracing sex, and I see this once a year coitus a thing of the past.

Edited by jenafan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'll keep it brief-- Amy's giddiness, snarkiness, and adorableness (not a word I know!) throughout this episode is gonna make it one of my all time favorites! Happy Birthday to you indeed! Absolutely loved this episode!

 

And Sheldon's choice of reading material in the waiting room--you've come a long way my friend!

image.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

I'll keep it brief-- Amy's giddiness, snarkiness, and adorableness (not a word I know!) throughout this episode is gonna make it one of my all time favorites! Happy Birthday to you indeed! Absolutely loved this episode!

 

And Sheldon's choice of reading material in the waiting room--you've come a long way my friend!

image.jpeg

See how we all are good here noticing details and hints, writers? Good catch! * hands five*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, jenafan said:

For me it was the tone in his voice when he said "I guess we are moving on to the coitus part of your birthday after she kissed him and he pulled away."   I'm not saying he wasn't expecting it or wasn't in the mood.  He did wear his come-hither PJs, and he did say they both were kissing like randy teenagers.   It just seemed like there was still some struggle there with the idea that it isn't just about her.  He referred to her looming genitals.  In the hallway, he advised Amy to decide because it was her birthday.   Back to the apartment, if I recall, she is the one who suggested they try to begin again what they started earlier.  He was going to soldier through their 2nd attempt because it was her birthday, and he didn't want to disappoint her or Lenny  for their expectations. 

It wasn't until Amy began the cosplay that Sheldon seemed to forget about Amy's birthday and it became about him and his excitement, and then his disappointment about being left out until Amy reminded him.   He let go of his disappointment about not going to the wizard fair because he didn't want to ruin her birthday and because things were happening organically again.  

After his return from the wizard fair, the tone changed by his becoming determined because he was in the mood and wanted to play hanky-us panky-us, while Amy showed the hesitation because she thought he may be tired.  BTW, I thought that was extremely considerate of her to tell him both she was afraid they had lost their opportunity, but it was okay because of the circumstances.  Needless to say, it is Sheldon that waves his wand and demands they carry on, and I loved seeing him cast his spell on her and urge her onward because he was worked up.

All I am trying to say, is that I agree with what Molaro said about Sheldon still struggling with intimacy.   I felt it in the beginning of the episode and watched it slowly fade away toward the end.   After the Tag last night, I'm convinced Sheldon is winning the fight for the love of Amy and recognizing that whatever issues he had, no longer carry any weight, if they ever did.  He's finally embracing sex, and I see this once a year coitus a thing of the past.

Thanks, @jenafan, for being more articulate than I could be last night.  I realize mileage may vary about the opener.  I definitely think he was excited to celebrate Amy's birthday, see her reaction to his gift, etc.  His tone and the way he moved his hand (to me, tentatively) down her arm as he was talking about the coitus portion of the evening made me feel like he was unsure of himself about doing it or about wanting to do it.  @wowbagger and his displeasure about Sheldon's not being overly demonstrative in his enjoyment of sex last year came to my mind during my first watch of the episode when Amy was essentially asking him to say he didn't want to go with Penny and his answer was something like "it doesn't matter what I want, it's your birthday". I think he wanted Amy to lead in the earlier scenes and was happy to follow, whereas I don't think much would've stopped him after he saw Amy in her robe and got a glimpse of how much fun they could have.  I totally agree that any hesitation was gone by the end of the episode and I'm hopeful for a more coitus-filled future for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, jenafan said:

All I am trying to say, is that I agree with what Molaro is said about Sheldon still struggling with intimacy.   I felt it in the beginning of the episode and watched it slowly fade away toward the end.   After the Tag last night, I'm convinced Sheldon is winning the fight for the love of Amy and recognizing that whatever issues he had, no longer carry any weight, if they ever did.  He's finally embracing sex, and I see this once a year coitus a thing of the past.

It doesn't make any sense with the time line of the episode though. Your theory is that in terms of excitement it starts at a low point and ends on a high one. What actually happens is it starts on a high note, takes a sharp dip, works its way back up to a high note, takes another sharp dip, then ends on a high note again.

I mean, Sheldon started very much in the mood impatiently waiting for midnight and when they kissed he stopped to make it clear for both of them what was happening. Consent is important for him after all and Amy checks back with him as well. Making sure you and your partner are on the same page is not hesitation. If anything he might be a bit nervous because he literally woke her up in the middle of the night and she might actually not be in the mood, you know? But once it's clear they are both very eager and willing they went straight to business. Sheldon didn't hesitate in any way and it felt right and organic as he said.

The mood then takes a dip with the interruption right with the scene on the stairs and when they try to continue where they left off it's awkward. That's the point. It's a contrast it with the previous scene. They stop because something is wrong whereas before it felt right as Sheldon himself points out. And when they talk about it becomes clear that the idea of it being something that's expected of him or even some sort of obligation is a turn off for Sheldon. In fact he seems confused because he's not used to these kind of mood killers or at the very least he didn't expect that to happen this sudden cause he was all game earlier.

(And it's not just a mood killer for him but also for Amy, hence her saving the night for both of them with Harry Potter. Homegirl is clearly getting a kick out that herself! <3)

Obviously, the whole thing is still framed as special celebrations for Amy's birthday - right up and including the tag! The idea that it's all about her birthday in the beginning and then shifts to his enjoyment in the end doesn't really follow when both of these elements are present in the beginning as much as they are the end.

Edited by April
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There really is no other fandom like this.

I spent hours re-reading your posts while I waited for the episode to air here and I just wanna thank you for all the pics, gifs and info. It really kept me going.
This week's been super good.
I got into law school, I'm having the best hair day and my babies are sooooooooooooooo in love! I love this.
I know I'm a little late, but let's break it down:
 
I guess I'll start by saying this was probably the best Shamy episode ever. We've had some big ones but this was just like... incredible. I've read fanfics that weren't as perfect as this. It was so great. 
 
1. The casual touching was so hot. I enjoyed the awkward kisses but the touching. God, people... the touching was over-whelming. 
 
2. The kisses were perfect. Well, imperfect which is what made them so perfect. I get that people will have their own opinions on them, but I loved it.
 
3. Some great acting by Mayim. She was so good, but like, I know she's that good, but sometimes she kinda just ups it and it's 10 times better than normal. Plus I think she looked beautiful in that ep.
 
4. The HP cosplay. Dead.
 
5. Sheldon's reaction to her in that robe was better than cheesecake. I mean, the words he used and how he said it was very... erm... attractive. You can't tell me there's no desire there. You just can't. Should have known homeboy was into cosplay though (Doctor-doctor Star Trek style). 
 
6. Amy could be sitting on a goldmine here. New costume every week could result in coitus every week. Come on, writers. We don't have to see it. A casual mention will do.
 
7. Lastly, one of my favorite little details was how impatient Sheldon was, he doesn't usually like surprises so I guess it's like... growth. I have no idea, why that part stood out for me, but it did. I just loooooooved the whole entire episode. Rewatched it three times already.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally I don't get the "Sheldon can't wait to have sex" from the beginning of the episode. I think he wakes Amy up in the middle of the night because he can't wait to show Amy what he has got for her birthday. Sex is one of the things. Kind of like when we prepare a big meal secretly for someone we love and get all excited waiting to see their reactions.

I think in the beginning of this episode, sex to Sheldon is something he has prepared himself for, something he would like to give Amy as a birthday gift, something that's a part of his whole gift package to show his love for Amy. A lot like coitus in opening night. The difference is this year he knows he will enjoy it because of last year's experience. I don't see it as something he can't wait for because he himself wants it so bad. Since if that's the case they should've done it before Amy's birthday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jenafan said:

For me it was the tone in his voice when he said "I guess we are moving on to the coitus part of your birthday after she kissed him and he pulled away."   I'm not saying he wasn't expecting it or wasn't in the mood.  He did wear his come-hither PJs, and he did say they both were kissing like randy teenagers.   It just seemed like there was still some struggle there with the idea that it isn't just about her.  He referred to her looming genitals.  In the hallway, he advised Amy to decide because it was her birthday.   Back to the apartment, if I recall, she is the one who suggested they try to begin again what they started earlier.  He was going to soldier through their 2nd attempt because it was her birthday, and he didn't want to disappoint her or Lenny  for their expectations. 

It wasn't until Amy began the cosplay that Sheldon seemed to forget about Amy's birthday and it became about him and his excitement, and then his disappointment about being left out until Amy reminded him.   He let go of his disappointment about not going to the wizard fair because he didn't want to ruin her birthday and because things were happening organically again.  

After his return from the wizard fair, the tone changed by his becoming determined because he was in the mood and wanted to play hanky-us panky-us, while Amy showed the hesitation because she thought he may be tired.  BTW, I thought that was extremely considerate of her to tell him both she was afraid they had lost their opportunity, but it was okay because of the circumstances.  Needless to say, it is Sheldon that waves his wand and demands they carry on, and I loved seeing him cast his spell on her and urge her onward because he was worked up.

All I am trying to say, is that I agree with what Molaro said about Sheldon still struggling with intimacy.   I felt it in the beginning of the episode and watched it slowly fade away toward the end.   After the Tag last night, I'm convinced Sheldon is winning the fight for the love of Amy and recognizing that whatever issues he had, no longer carry any weight, if they ever did.  He's finally embracing sex, and I see this once a year coitus a thing of the past.

Yeah thats why I think itbwould be really good if the writers end this once a year business on Amy's birthday, and after seeing 10x11 and Sheldon's enthusiasm I think its a given that physical relations will be more normalized (fingers crossed). It would put an end once and for all to the questions of Sheldon's motivations when it comes to sex.

 

Personally, I felt he was all in at the beginning--wakingbher up at the stroke of midnight, just to give her a gift and please just her with sex? Nah, he wanted it too and since he hasnt been "lucky" after the seduction episode I think its been on his mind more. But I do understand how others might see the opening scene a tad differently and thats fine too. The important thing is they both were pretty happy in this episode, and thatbis indisputable!

Edited by 2L344
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so I watched it again...

I loved Opening Night....I loved this episode even more.  

You all have already covered so much of what happened and I've watched so many tidbits of the big moments on IG, that on my second full viewing I tried to focus on the small things.  The touches, glances, smiles...they are so in love.

I (hopefully) believe that once-a-year coitus is a thing of the past.

They both know how to get each other's motors running.  Amy, keep bringing on the role-playing fun, your guy loves it, maybe something with trains next time...lol.  Sheldon, keep get getting her the best, most off the wall gifts, you are surprisingly good at it.  I keep thinking back to the DVD extra when Jim said "Does he know romance? Yes. He knows what'll get her."

It was all so sweet, romantic, funny and sexy at the same time. What a perfect way to take a break for a bit.  I have high hopes for the second half of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

Yeah thats why I think itbwould be really good if the writers end this once a year business on Amy's birthday, and after seeing 10x11 and Sheldon's enthusiasm I think its a given that physical relations will be more normalized (fingers crossed). It would put an end once and for all to the questions of Sheldon's motivations when it comes to sex.

 

Personally, I felt he was all in at the beginning--wakingbher up at the stroke of midnight, just to give her a gift and please just her with sex? Nah, he wanted it too and since he hasnt been "lucky" after the seduction episode I think its been on his mind more. But I do understand how others might see the opening scene a tad differently and thats fine too. The important thing is they both were pretty happy in this episode, and thatbis indisputable!

I rewatched the episode tonight after reading most of the commentary, and I would like to alter my original opinion of the opening to Sheldon being excited and nervous rather than excited and hesitant.  Even when showing her the MRI and telling her it was lit up because he was thinking of her, he affectionately touched her arm.

What I noticed this time that I didn't last night was that when Amy reached out to kiss him, he pushed forward to meet her mouth, and his hand immediately came around her waist to embrace her.  He pulled away to confirm their intentions, and got Amy's consent when she asked him for his.  Amy's comment about his Scot-plaid PJs got him worked up as he turned the light off.  I also saw that he not only followed her down into the mattress, but he is the one who pushed himself into her body.

I will not say I was wrong, only that I got a different perception upon initial viewing.  Perhaps I was blinded by the whole birthday thing and confusing this as a repeat of last year where Sheldon had desire, but his motivation was for Amy's sake.  Last night it was not clear to me that Sheldon was doing it for himself as well as Amy, but I believe my eyes have opened as a result of some very good arguments by others and my going back to view the evidence myself.

Even in the hallway scene, perhaps Sheldon was giving Amy the choice, but his expression could be interpreted as him trying to get her to read his mind rather than say he wanted to sex her up in front of Lenny.  He did seem offended by Penny making fun of them.   He also ran up the hallway behind Amy when she turned on her heel.

So, I will try not to feel like an idiot for being the odd ball out and initially seeing things differently only to realize I needed to view it again to get a more realistic portrayal of events.   I know I have a habit of getting everyone head scratching sometimes, but I'm glad you all put up with me anyway.

Edited by jenafan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.