[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

41 minutes ago, brilliantfool said:

ok late to the party, but I've just watched the episode - omg how perfect was that ! And not just Shamy, I don't know about you guys, but I loved all the storylines, every moment seemed totally in place, even Lenny seemed so sweet to me (totally loved Penny being in denial and Leonard being our ship supporter and telling Penny they wanna have sex)

Probably unpopular opinion but my fav Shamy scene wasn't one of the sex attempts but rather the opening scene where Sheldon was talking about his MRI and Amy was listening to him and smiling... that was absolutely touching! I loved how happy Amy was 
And he's totally a perfect boyfriend knowing her so well (twice so since he used to be so bad at understanding nuances of human emotion and motivations and choices, and now he's capable of coming up with a more orginal cool and unique present than 95% of people )

It was also my favorite scene @brilliantfool for the reasons you stated, though that doesn't mean the others weren't amazing as well. :)

I agree I thought it was a great episode all round, not just for Shamy. Cracking episode before a short hiatus.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

I'd like to say that I'd love for Amy to have makeover as long as it wouldn't be forced on her.The two female scientists of the show are dressed badly (sorry,I don't like Bernadette's style either,my opinion) and only the cute non-scientist blonde dresses fine (in a way,it's at least sexy) and seems to know how to use makeup.Even Leslie and Alex were kind of "meh".As a young female physicist,I do not appreciate the stereotyping.It's getting old,and really annoying since I have to deal with it irl.Sexy will never be Amy's style,and it shouldn't,but I want to see something more sophisticated.

• Like 3

I love that Amy prefers functionality and comfort over aesthetics. Though and I have said this before, I wouldn't complain if they kept the black, blue, or brown orthopedic shoes but got rid of those yucky grey or beige like ones. Just a personal dislike lol.

But if they want to do an episode where the girls really try to update her style that could provide a lot of comedy.

Whenever the girls get together for a storyline it is usually comedic gold. I think they do better group scenes than the guys these days.

I also hate the pale coloured orthopaedic shoes ha !

I really think if they were going to do an Amy re vamp ( which I don't think they will and don't want them too ) it would have been early season 9 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

I also hate the pale coloured orthopaedic shoes ha !

I really think if they were going to do an Amy re vamp ( which I don't think they will and don't want them too ) it would have been early season 9 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate them too, lol!

I think Amy doesnt need a new look, she seems confortable with the way she looks and she even can have her own ways of be sexy to Sheldon. He seems to like her look too. To both the beauty of mind is more important than physical one and they are getting prettier about that  to each other as their relationship deeps. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2016 at 6:32 AM, OnlyonTuesdays said:

Completely agree with all of the above!  The other thing I really liked was some insight into where Sheldon's coming from and where I hope they're taking him, sexually speaking.  It struck me, watching the scene where they're trying to get back in the mood (and before the robes came out), that the writers showed us, in a couple of lines, why Sheldon has never really been excited by or pursued sex to this point.

From his words, he'll soldier through the task of sex to avoid disappointing Amy (and, hell, Lenny).  Now I may be projecting waayyyy too much of my own history onto him, but having grown up in a deeply conservative/religious family (not Mary Cooper, but not far off ), I'm guessing that young Sheldon Cooper was told that sex is many things - an icky biological function, perhaps a duty, definitely a sin - but that fun was not one of them. And as lovely as their opening scene was and how much I enjoyed the visual of them kissing and him being on top of her (.gif gods - can you provide a lightened version of this?? Please??), it still felt a little hesitant and, well, dutiful on his part.  I think this is the struggle that Molaro was talking about.

Where it all changed was when Amy made sex fun and something he could play at with the robes.  I loved his pause, shock (?), desire upon seeing her in the doorway and I'd like to think that among the array of thoughts going through his mind at that moment was probably his first mental collision of reacting to seeing a woman's skin/body and thinking "this could be fun!"  I loved that he talked about "hanky-ess, panky-ess" in the tag - has he ever spoken with Amy about sex without calling it sex or coitus before? - and the playfulness of him chasing her into their apartment to get to it was awesome.  Perhaps if Amy can keep making it fun (and have that Nurse Chapel costume ready :) ) and he can hear from his mom in 10.12 that it's not as much of a sin as she led him to believe early on, then we can get more of the knockout kisses that potentially await us in 10.13 and he can really start enjoying his hard-earned intimacy with Amy (as she is clearly already enjoying being with him).  I'm hoping for more good things!  

Your point of view is absolutely brilliant! I did not think of it at all, that the writers are so clever (they are for sure)! Many brains work together for this show and they say so many things, in such small time it is mind blowing! So for Sheldon, sex is fun now, and Amy put her head into it because she loves him and she is helping him see things, that he cannot see alone, in his own pace. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!

By the way, I think that the episod was epic guys! I loved EVERYTHING (boop thingie being my favorite)! And I am seriously considering going spoiler free. The reason is I enjoyed the jokes today so much, I laughed hard, and I think that it happened because I read the TR a wile back so I forgot the details. Is just that, I will have a hard time not coming here, in this "Shamy universe" where everything is happier and there is only love!

Okey, gone too far!

Bye Guys!

• Like 2

On 16/12/2016 at 0:40 PM, koops said:

Anyway... I'm happy happy happy with the Shamy this year and what a way to go into the Xmas break between this and the latest taping. I could die happy tomorrow. (Now, if the writers would so kindly get them to work on a long term project together, THEN I would cling onto life to watch that - but that's icing on a very yummy cake at this point).

Hahahahahaha! On point!

On 16/12/2016 at 10:30 PM, April said:

"Hesitation"? What?? The guy literally counted the seconds until midnight and went from "wake up, Amy" to "let's have sex" in a minute. How is that "hesitation"?!??

I believe that (please point, come across I really suck at explaining in english) Sheldon himself does not recognize the amount or the greatness of his desire (even though he wakes her up he is still learning) for Amy, and Amy's help with the playfull-game in the bedroom-HP kinda idea really helped him to realise the extent and the potentiality of it (as a fun thing to do regularly). I think after considering other people's comments that the writers did try to show this in this episode as another milestone (functioning sexlife) that they, slowly in this season, are overcoming. :-D

So I believe that they showed something like (not hesitation at all) but a small last realization struggle/confirmation.

Edited by sgreece
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, brilliantfool said:

ok late to the party, but I've just watched the episode - omg how perfect was that ! And not just Shamy, I don't know about you guys, but I loved all the storylines, every moment seemed totally in place, even Lenny seemed so sweet to me (totally loved Penny being in denial and Leonard being our ship supporter and telling Penny they wanna have sex)

Probably unpopular opinion but my fav Shamy scene wasn't one of the sex attempts but rather the opening scene where Sheldon was talking about his MRI and Amy was listening to him and smiling... that was absolutely touching! I loved how happy Amy was 
And he's totally a perfect boyfriend knowing her so well (twice so since he used to be so bad at understanding nuances of human emotion and motivations and choices, and now he's capable of coming up with a more orginal cool and unique present than 95% of people )

I know a lot of the lady shippers of Shamy go crazy over the kissing scenes (I would expect no less lol) but I prefer the giddy scenes where Amy is excited and Sheldon looks pleased. I like the same scene you did. I also liked Amy's reactions to "banner night for female genitalia", her popping out of the bathroom in her robe, and her flirty behavior when Sheldon suggested she was naughty and bad (that twirl of the scarf and her smirk, yes!)...

i liked the way shift pointed at the stairs with her thumb and with tongue in cheek asked Sheldon if he wanted to go back up--and Sheldon has that contemplative and smirky xhin deop as he ponders the meaning behind it. :)

• Like 9

I believe after 10.11 and after the next two  episodes that the once a year rule might be really soften. We might not hear it be happening just yet but two things might contribute to that: the fun of cosplay related with having sex and the fact that Sheldon had his urges getting to be something more usual since they made the cells experiment. He just got upstairs after Amy when they had the chance for be back to it; Sheldon was with a distracted face as he was with Amy,Raj  and lenny in the car as he might have been thinking of all cosplay foreplay that was interrupted. And after a tired day with so many emotions Sheldon still had sex in his mind . So I believe writers wont come up with non  sense to put Sheldon as someone who doesn't care about sex with Amy after he had proved he enjoys it. Shamy know now how to manage  their physical intimacy and know each other  well to balance what each other need and get pleased about.  How and when are things that only are their business and I would be pleased if we see one of these days Sheldon putting his friends in line about their jokes about his and Amy's sexual life.

Edited by spidergirl
Words missing. My apologies
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, April said:

If this were the first time the show has touched on what gets Sheldon hot and bothered I might agree.

But especially ever since they've moved in together we've spent episode after episode with him (and Amy!) getting all worked up over all sorts of things - and Sheldon was very much aware that this was happening. He literally said so! The combination of science and Amy especially makes for an explosive mix and he knows this. So his present being something science related - to Amy's field of science no less! - checks off that box as well. Seriously, give the guy some credit. He knows what gets Amy's motor running and he's figured out his own turn ons by now as well.

I don't think though that his negates the possibility that yes, the sheer kinky cosplay fun might contribute to soften up the once-a-year rule. These things are not mutually exclusive to me.

I agree 99,9% with you, and believe me I want to agree 100% but I have this damn thought behind my mind that comes and goes all the time: why the hell he waited until the birthday????????? Do you feel me? That is why I considered the above I described earlier. They play with our mind those writers to keep us going, they do not know that we are on this ship for good!

Anyway, I loved the little talk we had, you are definatly my No1 shipper! :-)

Edited by sgreece
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, sgreece said:

I agree 99,9% with you, and believe me I want to agree 100% but I have this damn thought behind my mind that comes and goes all the time: why the hell he waited until the birthday????????? Do you feel me? That is why I considered the above I described earlier. They play with our mind those writers to keep us going, they do not know that we are on this ship for good!

Anyway, I loved the little talk we had, you are definatly my No1 shipper! :-)

Because he made a "verbal agreement" which, knowing Sheldon, is just as binding as a written one.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Because he made a "verbal agreement" which, knowing Sheldon, is just as binding as a written one.

Yes but, Sheldon, in my mind, is logical. This is his main feature in my opinion. Even though he suggested the anual thing back then to secure himself (knowing himself and wanting to avoid dissapointing Amy if he promised more), after living together for a  wile and being hot for her (there is no denial for that), the fact that he waited for the promised time to come, is more believable for me if I cosider the things I mentioned earlier (fun, satisfying and fanctioning sex life milestone-he was not there yet until Amy's playfull-other side of sex). If he was ready before, it would have happened sooner (before Amy's birthday), because he is logical and he is an adult and I believe that even for a character like Sheldon is a bit too much to desire his woman (after they already done it) and do nothing about it before the agreed date . That is the only thing that I want to point, that the writers in this episode, ever so slightly were trying to imply that he will consider sex for now and then, not only as a procreation (brain bowl) or a way to satisfy his woman(opening night) but a way for him to draw satisfaction and also another (among so many) way to have fun with his life mate!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, April said:

But you seem to forget that it was Amy who agreed to the once a year idea. It was Amy who took coitus off the table. And it was Amy who very decidedly rebuffed his seduction attempts.

It takes two to tango and it's not just Sheldon who decides when they get to do it. So far he has been the one initiating both of the very special birthday celebrations, not to mention his misguided case of baby fever which made him want to take Amy right then and there in her lab. LOL

Honestly, at this point I think it would be fair to let Amy make the next move and maybe clear up any misunderstandings.

Hahahahahahahaha, yes you are right. Amy should do the next move!

And if you ask me, I am totally at the sam page as you. Sheldon made all the moves, Sheldon if finding exuses for coitus and all that good stuff 100%, but until today he never realised how fun it can be and now he is going to start understanding himself (and why he wants it) and his view about sex more!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ranger Rosa said:

I'm sorry, I must be blind, but I can't see when exactly Amy slept on Sheldon's shoulders. Seriously, where is it?

At the hospital just before Howard tells the gang that the baby has arrived.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, notchinc said:

And the next move should include trains.  100% guarantee 

Isn't Sheldon's train engineer cap hanging on the wall just past the table with the lamp on his side of the bed?

84fd5390d267afe0_the-big-bang-theory-birthday-6.jpg

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jonny said:

At the hospital just before Howard tells the gang that the baby has arrived.

Oh, just saw it. Had to re-watch, because I was starting to think that I watched a different version from anybody (like if there was one). Bad eyes, bad attention! Thanks!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cara meli said:

I think for two people who have sex only once a year, they got comfortably in position pretty fast, don't you think? I daresay they might have been able to not have intercourse for a year but I doubt they were able to keep off each other's bodies. Short of coitus, I think they have been heavily and intensely making out more often than we may think for them to get to the level of comfort we saw on screen.  I mean, he was on top of her in no time and she was not uncomfortable or top surprise about it at all!

I have posted before, and I think they may not have had sex in a year but they have 'done stuff' 

• Like 7