Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Recommended Posts

I really liked Dave. He was so...I don't know what to call it...meta-ship? Yeah...And the actor was so charming.

I loved the D&D scene AND the Fish Guts scene. They didn't make it in my top10 though.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, April said:

- Sheldon interrupts another one of Amy's dates because of course!

To be fair to Sheldon, unlike in Flaming Spittoon, in this case, he didn't know Amy was on a date.

Also, fair play to him, when he found out she was, he apologized and tried to leave, so she could get back to her date.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Judith said:

I really liked Dave. He was so...I don't know what to call it...meta-ship? Yeah...And the actor was so charming.

I loved the D&D scene AND the Fish Guts scene. They didn't make it in my top10 though.

n_000166.gif

:icon_wink:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4.8.2016 at 0:08 AM, joyceraye said:

 

Hello again my Shamy shippers! I'm really excited  that we will get  the first tr for  session 10 soon. And we will see Shamy again! I missed them terribly! Time has past so fast. I love  all your ideas for season 10! I wished they would all come true! 

I agree that it would be nice to see Sheldon doing some sports activities. Climbing would be nice to face his fear of heights. And when he realizes that he has gained some muscles, he would stop it because He doesn't want to walk around like "Sex on a stick" to quote Amy. Or he and Amy invent a new sport they do together.  And I would like to see Amy talking about the symptoms of sexual  arousal , naming one after another, while you See Sheldon in the background Showing the same symptons. 

So when she finishes Sheldon grabs her shoulder turning her around and kisses her passionately. While they make out hot,  they stumble Backwards to the table, where Amy cleans the table with one hand before they fall on the table still kissing passionately. Have a nice trip April! I am sorry I ran out likes for today! And sorry Joyceraye I wanted to quote you but it didn't Work because I am using my mobile because my computer got Broken. See you all When the next tr is available. Can't wait for it! 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is just me, but I actually think Dave was not at all necessary in Earworm. They just shoe horned him in. Like why did Dave of all people understand and comprehend Sheldon's earworm monologue ? Why did Dave have to explain to Amy what Sheldon had to say ?

It would be the kind of 'Sheldon' thing that  Amy would have immediately gotten ,  more than anyone else.  I thought Amy, would have perfectly understood what Sheldon is saying, on her own, since she knows him better than a stranger like Dave.  

Edited by serena_nyc1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Serena that it felt odd that a stranger had to explain Amy what Sheldon was trying to say  because they always how to comunicate but  I  am  happy that he was still there.  On  one hand he and Sheldon had the chance to meet and on the other hand we got proof that Amy had no real interest in Dave because she still loved Sheldon. I started  to love Dave from the moment he confessed that he is a Sheldon fan. (I can't hate someone who loves Sheldon) The whole date episode was hilarious and it was cute how Dave bowed down to speak with Leonard who seemed intimidated by Dave because of his height. He's such a sweetie when He's in his fangirl mode. I would like to see him again in season 10. And I would like to see Shamy and Howardette on a double date. It would be hilarious to see them skating all dressed up like in the seventies. Sheldon could wear something that blinks in all possible colours,  so Howard turns to Bernadette and says: Wow, he is like a giant christmas tree,  isn't he ? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shamy Moments 20-16

Here are the 20-16 moments for Shamy.  I will not be detailing the points or votes.  I've gotten some questions about where different scenes ended up, so I thought I'd add 11-20.  15-11 will appear tomorrow. 

  • 20   8.14    Fan Fic bathtub scene
  • 19   5.23    Using Music/drink/food, Amy tries to change Sheldon's feelings for her.
  • 18   7.09    Amy pushing Sheldon into Wolowitz's house in frustration during Thanksgiving.
  • 17   9.11    Sheldon tries to get contract for verbal consent for coitus.  
  • 16   9.19    Sheldon shows Amy his hoarding place.   

 

Moment number 3 will be up shortly.  

Tensor

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree you could interpret Amy's "what?" as an exclamation of surprise because she can't believe what she is hearing. On the other hand the way she narrowed her eyes and brows can be interpreted as signs of trying to understand what he is trying to say with heartworms. Because even if they are Similar and understand each other better than anyone,  they have communication problems because they don't understand what the other is saying or doing, due to their inexperience with other people and therefore with relationships in General. It is something totally new for both. I would like to see them working on this together on screen, doing social experiments to find out how to communicate better and how to learn to read their partner's gestures and mimics and above all to express their issues clearly and directly without playing tricks with the other.  Their most beautiful moments were based on mutual honesty, when they were just letting their hearts speak,  unfolding their fears,  insecurities, etc. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you Mirs the Train kiss was perfectly done. It was so beautiful how one kiss changed everything for Sheldon. In one moment he was angry and in the next he was shy and insecure because he didn't know what just happened. I loved how softly he spoke to Amy (I love his deep voice, I get goose bumbs everywhere),  his eyes resting on her, asking her if she would like to see the Train passing a crossing. He even forgot about Eric,  because in that moment there was only them and no one else. For me it will always be special because it was the moment Sheldon realized he loved Amy. Now excuse me I'm going to watch the episode again, while I sob silently. :crying:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a bit from the law of large numbers, that episode was on last night on TBS.  

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Desdemona said:

I agree with you Mirs the Train kiss was perfectly done. It was so beautiful how one kiss changed everything for Sheldon. In one moment he was angry and in the next he was shy and insecure because he didn't know what just happened. I loved how softly he spoke to Amy (I love his deep voice, I get goose bumbs everywhere),  his eyes resting on her, asking her if she would like to see the Train passing a crossing. He even forgot about Eric,  because in that moment there was only them and no one else. For me it will always be special because it was the moment Sheldon realized he loved Amy. Now excuse me I'm going to watch the episode again, while I sob silently. :crying:

The train kiss was one of  my favorite tv kisses, even though the episode itself isn't that good. Genius way to do a kiss.   I loved the way Sheldon moved into it and spoke to Amy after.  

Actually, before the train kiss, JP did nothing for me. But after that kiss, I kinda started crushing on Jim a bit ♥   LOL !  Of course, I was spoiler free at that time, so maybe it was the shock and surprise too. And like you, I also got goosebumps the first time I watched it , especially when he asks her to join him later.  At least for me, it tops Earworm any day.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes you are watching an episode of a show and don't think that particular episode is one of their best but then there is one scene or moment that can change your opinion well that was an example of one of those scenes for me. I absolutely hated the episode until that point (if the kiss hadn't have happened it might be up there in Speckerman or Viewing Party Combustion territory for me), I thought Sheldon was acting like an absolute douchebag and wanted to smack him on the side of his head for the way he was treating Amy. But the kiss, their reaction to it and Leonard's reaction at the end scene when he found out that they had kissed and wanted Sheldon to rank his experiences changed that for me.

I prefer the kiss in Earworm as I think there was just more passion but the train kiss is more momentous and important in terms of the Shamy relationship and so it deserves to be very high up in the top 10.

Edited by Jonny83
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry @serena_nyc1995 that I don't quote you because I don't trust my mobigle and it will take time before I get my computer back. I crushed for JP as well in the Train Manipulation episode. His performance in this episode got me hooked Completely. And this episode made me become a Complete crazy shipper as well. Before that they were just two adults having a cute quirky and unique teenage relationship,  although I was hoping that there would come more but I never expected this kiss because I loved them and felt bad for Amy. Sheldon's just awakened passion and love for Amy awoke my passion for them as well, because I finally got my confirmation that Sheldon loves Amy as much as she does and that there was hope for them to have a relationship they both deserve. I hope we get to see more passionate Shamy moments. I wouldn't mind if Sheldon would get off his shirt instead of his pants, because I would like to see this sexy back again and his naked muscled Arms. :heat:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I wouldn't mind if Sheldon would get off his shirt instead of his pants, because I would like to see this sexy back again and his naked muscled Arms. :heat:

Here you go.

The-Big-Bang-Theory-Saison-8-Épisode-14-3.jpg

To paraphrase Amy:-

That should hold you for a while.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably an unpopular opinion, I was never a fan of the character of Dave.  He was okay as Amy's rebound date, but I personally found his Dr. Cooper fanboying distracting from the concept that Amy was dating and trying to move on.  I found the whole A/S making up and making out in front of him weird.  I would have preferred that Amy had admitted that there was no spark and had asked him to leave, then let A/S reunite and work it out for themselves. But it is what it is and I think that Jim and Mayim did an amazing job on that episode.

As far as S/A kisses go, the train kiss will always be my favorite. Shock and awe (and awwwww). Sheldon shocked, Amy shocked. Sheldon's angry lunge at her, the softening, his step into her to his full height, her not knowing what to do with her hands, the gentle conversation after.  <sigh>  

Their kisses from Earworm and beyond have been more passionate and I appreciate their forward movement, but that first sweet moment of awakening, will always stand out for me.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, what I also liked about the Train kiss was that for once, the audience laughter/screaming stopped and it was dead silence for about 10 seconds while he spoke to her. 

It also had a hint of early seasons vintage Sheldon. He was always a passionate man-once he liked something, he went 'all in'. And that is what he did with the kiss on the train as well. It was quite realistic from Sheldon's POV. I appreciate the creativity of whoever wrote that scene.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
Changed sentence placement
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

Yeah, what I also liked about the Train kiss was that for once, the audience laughter/screaming stopped and it was dead silence for about 10 seconds while he spoke to her. 

It also had a hint of early seasons vintage Sheldon. He was always a passionate man-once he liked something, he went 'all in'. And that is what he did with the kiss on the train as well. It was quite realistic from Sheldon's POV. I appreciate the creativity of whoever wrote that scene.

THIS is another reason why I think they've been sleeping together off screen....

Sheldon: Well, I enjoyed that more than I thought I would.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww, thank you Stephen! Another beautiful episode which contained so many great moments! Sheldon and Leonard putting their hands together to upload their paper (Sheldon is really not afraid to touch someone, in the past he would have put a tissue between them.), Amy's fanfiction (I want  Sheldon to read it to see his reaction!) and of course the scene where Amy dries his body with the towel. It was so intimate! I loved it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vonmar said:

Probably an unpopular opinion, I was never a fan of the character of Dave.  He was okay as Amy's rebound date, but I personally found his Dr. Cooper fanboying distracting from the concept that Amy was dating and trying to move on.  I found the whole A/S making up and making out in front of him weird.  I would have preferred that Amy had admitted that there was no spark and had asked him to leave, then let A/S reunite and work it out for themselves. But it is what it is and I think that Jim and Mayim did an amazing job on that episode.

As far as S/A kisses go, the train kiss will always be my favorite. Shock and awe (and awwwww). Sheldon shocked, Amy shocked. Sheldon's angry lunge at her, the softening, his step into her to his full height, her not knowing what to do with her hands, the gentle conversation after.  <sigh>  

Their kisses from Earworm and beyond have been more passionate and I appreciate their forward movement, but that first sweet moment of awakening, will always stand out for me.

To be honest, I was quite creeped out by the fact the guy she was about to get intimate like three seconds ago, is now cheering for them to get together. It was spooky to say at least.And one of the reasons I'm trying to bleach the way they got together out of my brain. But then Stephen is great actor, I enjoy his other roles very much.

The train kiss always will be special. No kiss ever made me stare at the screen with my mouth open for good ten seconds. (Or join fandom).

Writing or acting...it was beautiful :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.