[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

- On the engagement thing I saw absolutely no fucking problem whatsoever with her comments on it. It's totally understandable that she thinks about getting engaged because she knows about the ring and has for some time. It's natural to wonder, you have got to remember that when most people do get engaged it's usually a big surprise. I would say the vast majority of engagements take place when the other doesn't know it's coming, but Amy does know and I kind of wish she didn't in a way. I think with the way the conversation was driven and how it played out it was largely because Amy was trying to relate to Penny by saying "We all have our worries and there are times when we don't like the way life is progressing or perhaps more importantly the speed of it". BUT there was some real sadness there as well, she's wondering and I think anyone would in her situation - knowing about the ring for some time and it still hasn't happened. It will happen though, don't worry Amy!

Yes, very understandable. I also hope that on a meta level this was mostly done to remind the audience that marriage is still on the table for them. Curious though the ring itself hasn't been mentioned... hmm...

- The tag scene, well I hope some of the shippers in our community have recovered LOL! I thought it was absolutely hilarious! Amy's reaction just killed me with laughter. Already I see talk about it being wrong that Amy dreamt that, I mean seriously?! Such over analyzing bullshit to me, there is no problem whatsoever in Amy having a bit of a sexy day dream about her boyfriend the person she loves. Hell if Sheldon was to have a dream like that about Amy (actually writers I think you should!) I would have no problem with it. Ignore all this rubbish about suppressed desire and any other Freudian like crap, it's bloody natural to have thoughts like that! Zero problem with it and would say the same if any of the characters had a dream about their partner.

I agree. Honestly, with this whole season being very restraint about Amy showing any desire (as opposed to Sheldon who got all hot and bothered plenty of times!) and even turning down opportunities to get busy with Sheldon I do think it's fair she gets that sort of moment herself to remind us that yes, she's still interested as well. Maybe it'll lead somewhere, maybe it won't, we'll see...

And I really like how her fantasy Sheldon is still very much himself. With less clothes, sure, but imho they didn't go much over the top with him. Amy finding something that makes that trip more appealing for her is certainly understandable.

Also, yes @ Sheldon having a similar sort of sexy fantasy about Amy. Though I think his fantasies might already have become reality with that HP outfit cause my first idea of a sexy dream for Sheldon would be Amy in some sort of costume talking about science or geeky stuff. LOL

On to the trailer for next week's, wow I hope it turns out that there is more fun to it when you actually watch it because my heart went out to Amy in that promo. The writers prove once again they can giveth and then can taketh away, her ego boosted by the comments made by Bert at his party and now she looks absolutely mortified and hurt about some of the personal stuff out there about their relationship. Sheldon, boy did you fuck up in this one!

Indeed, indeed! That said though I don't mind me some drama and from the TR I like how this turned into a "this has to be us vs. the world" kinda talk in the end. I hope this will lay the foundation to take their relationship to the next level.

51 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Did anyone think at one point Amy might faint during the tag lol? Her facial expressions and body language in her excitement, holy shit! lol

I know the Jim parts will get that praise especially with the female Shamy shippers and rightly so lol, but in terms of comedy I think Amy's reaction is what absolutely makes that scene. Couldn't stop laughing at it, then the cut away and Amy speeding up to get there quicker lol. Brilliantly written and then acted by Jim and Mayim.

Up there with some of the best tag scenes they have ever done imo.

I agree! I loved how hilarious that whole thing turned out!! LMAO

Also, just to make that clear: There are surely some male fans out there somewhere who enjoyed that fanservice just as much! :icon_wink:

Edited by April

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, April said:

Indeed, indeed! That said though I don't mind me some drama and from the TR I like how this turned into a "this has to be us vs. the world" kinda talk in the end. I hope this will lay the foundation to take their relationship to the next level.

Lessons are learned judging from the TR but this does look like a pretty painful experience for Amy in this one, there will be a lot of feels for her in this episode.

I think we all acknowledged there would be some drama again at some point, life just isn't rosy all the time. They are also in a much stronger place to come through something like this though, that's a big difference. Had something happened like this earlier in their relationship say before they were living together or imagine if it had happened shortly after Opening Night who knows what it could have led to, maybe we could have seen a much bigger argument over it?

Edited by Jonny

On the subject of the next episode, these darn writers! After everything we've been through these past few years/seasons, we should just be happy this situation came at a time when they were secure in their relationship and generally happy.

I don't know what to think at this time... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

26 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Lessons are learned judging from the TR but this does look like a pretty painful experience for Amy in this one, there will be a lot of feels for her in this episode.

I think we all acknowledged there would be some drama again at some point, life just isn't rosy all the time. They are also in a much stronger place to come through something like this though, that's a big difference. Had something happened like this earlier in their relationship say before they were living together or imagine if it had happened shortly after Opening Night who knows what it could have led to, maybe we could have seen a much bigger argument over it?

Yeah, this is also why I'm not too worried about this cause they are in such a good place right now. And even though marriage is certainly something Amy is yearning for they are already living together - a marriage license is just a formality at this point. (Or maybe I'm just terribly unromantic about marriage. LOL) So all in all while I can see where her issues are coming from I can also see this as being a bit over the top to serve the situation here.

What's more important to me is not so much the marriage but that they make their life together now work and I do see that in spades. Not just with them adjusting to living with each other but also in them actively working on their relationship and their shortcomings, supporting each other, or just simple stuff like having fun and be flirty. And after all the fluff we've gotten this season it's okay with me that we get a few more serious notes as well, especially since, again, they deal with it and find a solution together.

Gotta say, I really love how living together brought on so many scenes with them being alone and just talking things out in their bedroom (or Sheldon's bedroom in the case of 10x04). Like, we could have gotten a ton of other scene in other places - but more often than I ever dared to hope they seem to go with the setting of Shamy talking it out on a bed. There's something delicate about how those scenes are written and acted that I appreciate a lot.

34 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, this is also why I'm not too worried about this cause they are in such a good place right now. And even though marriage is certainly something Amy is yearning for they are already living together - a marriage license is just a formality at this point. (Or maybe I'm just terribly unromantic about marriage. LOL) So all in all while I can see where her issues are coming from I can also see this as being a bit over the top to serve the situation here.

What's more important to me is not so much the marriage but that they make their life together now work and I do see that in spades. Not just with them adjusting to living with each other but also in them actively working on their relationship and their shortcomings, supporting each other, or just simple stuff like having fun and be flirty. And after all the fluff we've gotten this season it's okay with me that we get a few more serious notes as well, especially since, again, they deal with it and find a solution together.

Gotta say, I really love how living together brought on so many scenes with them being alone and just talking things out in their bedroom (or Sheldon's bedroom in the case of 10x04). Like, we could have gotten a ton of other scene in other places - but more often than I ever dared to hope they seem to go with the setting of Shamy talking it out on a bed. There's something delicate about how those scenes are written and acted that I appreciate a lot.

Absolutely, because they live together they have to talk it out which is a GOOD thing. Gone are the days when one was hurt and they could flee to the sanctuary of their own apartment.

That should help their communication problems which have at times hurt their relationship. This episode will be like the difference between night and day in how they resolve it compared to the past.

2 hours ago, anicez said:

I don´t know for what part start!
I love the episode so much, all the Sheldon plot about the engine was hilarious, with Leonard and Howard trying to trick him, so funny!
The girls night make me feel a little sad, not for Penny because she can have all she want (come on if you want a baby just need to tell Leonard and he is going to try to pregnant her before she can finish the sentence), was for Amy, she deserve a special proposal and a wonderful wedding, don´t worry Amy it´s coming soon!! *.* 
And the tag scene, well, what can I say? was much better that I had imagine, Sheldon is hot as hell, that look at the last part of the dreamday is everything!! and Amy´s expression was awesome, she is the best at that kind of scene. (my face at that moment was like hers!)

I made this gifs for tumbrl but I want to show you too! (Thanks Amy for your imagination) 

ezgif.com-58dd9f91d5.gif.efab8590d98ac0188bbe907889a3a163.gifezgif.com-e77f662a70.gif.65d73886ac6c5e11c666cc2b56a41b59.gifezgif.com-867e7a17c1.gif.706a5f3f0aa211ece8e1934dbc8b2064.gif

*SO MUCH FEELINGS*

OMG thank you for the third gif anicez, damn this scene had all I was hoping for (the throw back of the head, the way Sheldon turned his head around and wiggled with his head and then he threw around his head and gave Amy that look with his beautiful blue eyes! I can feel my skin gooseprickling everywhere :icon_redface:)

To quote Amy: "It´s really hot in here"

I may be a dream, but I have a feeling that it is not the first time that Amy watches Sheldon showering. I mean the Godzilla line implies it at least.

(I should better stop thinking further about it, or otherwise I will never stop thinking! LOL)

BTW that is coal dirt on his chest, right? It is not hair.

32 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Absolutely, because they live together they have to talk it out which is a GOOD thing. Gone are the days when one was hurt and they could flee to the sanctuary of their own apartment.

That should help their communication problems which have at times hurt their relationship. This episode will be like the difference between night and day in how they resolve it compared to the past.

Exactly! In the past Amy would have fled to her apartment and Sheldon would be sitting in 4A trying to figure out what he did wrong this time while Penny would roll her eyes in the background and Leonard makes a snarky comment. If we were lucky he would have gotten his shit together at some point and showed up at Amy's door in the middle of the night or something.

But now they can't do that anymore and I found it quite endearing in the TR that Sheldon asked about protocol since this is their first big fight since they're officially living together. Awww <3

28 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

BTW that is coal dirt on his chest, right? It is not hair.

LOL yes, it is mostly dirt.

Edited by April

1 hour ago, April said:

What's more important to me is not so much the marriage but that they make their life together now work and I do see that in spades.

I just have  a line to support that:"so, you might want to pack clothes for the rest of OUR lives"

Edited by Anita

3 minutes ago, Anita said:

I just have  a line to support that:"so, you might want to pack clothes for the rest of OUR lives"

YES! I loved that little word choice. Even if he has some outrageous plans of suddenly becoming a train engineer it's only always with Amy at his side. He's such a hippie! ;D

13 minutes ago, April said:

LOL yes, it is mostly dirt.

Ok, than I was right, although my first reaction when I saw him leaning out the train was: "Wow, where does all this hair suddenly come from? .... Oh wait it´s dirt." LOL

But after he´d washed off everything, I saw a small line of hair in the middle between his chest.

I can´t wait to see Amy seducing Sheldon to go shopping with him and tries to convince him to buy him some denim bib overalls. I´m sure she swoons as soon as he lifts the curtain, while he wonders what´s gotten into her this time.

YES! I loved that little word choice. Even if he has some outrageous plans of suddenly becoming a train engineer it's only always with Amy at his side. He's such a hippie! ;D

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this and had an awwww moment......

I came to add, he also the "the rest of..." as in forever and ever *heart eyes*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Ok, than I was right, although my first reaction when I saw him leaning out the train was: "Wow, where does all this hair suddenly come from? .... Oh wait it´s dirt." LOL

But after he´d washed off everything, I saw a small line of hair in the middle between his chest.

I can´t wait to see Amy seducing Sheldon to go shopping with him and tries to convince him to buy him some denim bib overalls. I´m sure she swoons as soon as he lifts the curtain, while he wonders what´s gotten into her this time.

So   those pants' s name are denim bib overalls, right? I just loved to see Sheldon on them, with and without shirt on! They suit him.

I love denim, cant help myself! And it suits who has blue eyes. :)

40 minutes ago, Anita said:

Powerfull indeed! Every time "ours" is implied on shamy stuff my heart melts :)

BTW, thank you so much @anicez for the gifs provided, You rock!

And @luminous, I just love that  Scorpions song! <3

Edited by spidergirl
More complete now

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

So   those pants' s name are denim bib overalls, right? I just loved to see Sheldon on them, with and without shirt on! They suit him.

I love denim, cant help myself! And it suits who has blue eyes. :)

Powerfull indeed! Every time "ours" is implied on shamy stuff my heart melts :)

TBH I had to google it and I got several definitions. Bib, flap trousers, bib overall, dungarees and overalls. So, I´m not sure which fits more.

I agree they suit him!

It is so fascinating how a small word in a sentence can change everything. :shy:

28 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

TBH I had to google it and I got several definitions. Bib, flap trousers, bib overall, dungarees and overalls. So, I´m not sure which fits more.

I agree they suit him!

It is so fascinating how a small word in a sentence can change everything. :shy:

Agree. And with a small word used in a wrong way can ruin a message, lol!  English is really fascinating, I have learned so much here with you , guys :)

Edited by spidergirl

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

Did anyone think at one point Amy might faint from excitment during the tag lol? Her facial expressions and body language in her excitement lol

I know the Sheldon parts will get that praise especially with the female Shamy shippers and rightly so lol, but in terms of comedy I think Amy's reaction is what absolutely makes that scene. Couldn't stop laughing at it, then the cut away and Amy speeding up to get there quicker lol. Brilliantly written and then acted by Jim and Mayim.

Up there with some of the best tag scenes they have ever done imo.

They were both super silly in that tag and the wife and I howled! Looked like JP had fun with that boy toy role and Mayim was over the top with the swoon!

Now, the wake up jolt in the car was funny but we both wondered aloud--you can get to the railway faster but for what? "I can get us there in two hours because I cant wait to not have sex with you!! We can have a heavy make out session though!" 

I think you and I are both of the same camp on the topic of being content with Shamy sex ovcurring only once a year as long as Shamy is happy with it, but it's scenes like this that still have me scratching my head because the writers seem to infer there is a sexual payoff in the end (and we know there isnt supposed to be one). 

That aside, funny scene and episode!

Edited by 2L344

I enjoyed Sheldon’s enthusiasm for trains and also the excited way he shared it all with Amy. He claimed that he needed her to go on the trip to handle the long drive, but we know that he’ll soon admit to having a license, so that’s not why he wanted her to go. He must have simply wanted her company.

1 hour ago, Anita said:

I loved this line too! He may not have broached the topic of marriage quite yet, but that’s still a pretty cute admittance/assumption of commitment.

This episode seemed so different from “The Colonization Application” when he had signed up in the hopes of going to Mars. It’s like leaving her behind is not an option he would even consider anymore.

23 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

They were both super silly in that tag and the wife and I howled! Looked like JP had fun with that boy toy role and Mayim was over the top with the swoon!

Now, the wake up jolt in the car was funny but we both wondered aloud--you can get to the railway faster but for what? "I can get us there in two hours because I cant wait to not have sex with you!! We can have a heavy make out session though!" 

I think you and I are both of the same camp on the topic of being content with Shamy sex ovcurring only once a year as long as Shamy is happy with it, but it's scenes like this that still have me scratching my head because the writers seem to infer there is a sexual payoff in the end (and we know there isnt supposed to be one). 

Yeah we are pretty much in agreement as long as they are happy then I am happy.

I don't want to get into the whole analyzing dreams and their meaning but it looked like there was one clear sexual element or connotation to her dream and that was when Sheldon was moving the levers in the engine room up and down and you noticed her reaction. Blatantly obvious what that was inferring lol and there was nothing wrong with having thoughts like that.

Edited by Jonny

22 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Yeah we are pretty much in agreement as long as they are happy then I am happy.

I don't want to get into the whole analyzing dreams and their meaning but it looked like there was one clear sexual element or connotation to her dream and that was when Sheldon was moving the levers in the engine room up and down and you noticed her reaction. Blatantly obvious what that was inferring lol and there was nothing wrong with thoughts like that.

I love analyzing dreams and that was I got it too. Glad I am not alone about this thought though.

The question of the day imo was how come some people think Amy's dream was wrong in someway. They date for years, have a intimate in physical therms  relationship (no matter the frequency of having sex but they have it), they share a place, share a bed- couples in love have sexual fantasies and shamy is a couple as any couple else. It felt as a realistic plotline. Aside the the railway faster , as shamy could get themselves in trouble with the police, lol!

Edited by spidergirl

37 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I love analyzing dreams and that was I got it too. Glad I am not alone about this thought though.

The question of the day imo was how come some people think Amy's dream was wrong in someway? They date for years, have a intimate in physical therms  relationship (no matter the frequency of having sex but they have it), they share a place, share a bed- couples in love have sexual fantasies and shamy is a couple as any couple else. It felt a realistic plotline. Aside the the railway faster , as shamy could get themselves in trouble for the police, lol!

Because there is still a perception out there in some parts of the community that Amy is some kind of sex starved nymphomaniac (which is a load of bs) and those that think that will likely jump all over this scene and any possible meaning from it. She desires Sheldon she always has, but she also loves him to death as well. She has never shown rabid sexual behaviour or lust, sure there were times when she wanted some intimacy or an increased level of intimacy especially during the early days in their relationship that were often highlighted in those episodes when Amy was trying to drag Sheldon along and he was resisting but it was hardly nymphomaniac type behaviour. A kiss or a cuddle, holding hands? Wow she really is sex starved...

That and it's another way to bash Sheldon.

I'm not grouping people who believe there should be more intimacy between them in the same group because that's a perfectly valid viewpoint to have, hell there have been times when I want to see more. I am talking about some of the ultra views here, thankfully there aren't many of them.

Edited by Jonny

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Is denim bib the American term ? We call then 'bib and brace' in UK . Here they're not always made of denim.

15 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Because there is still a perception out there in the community that Amy is some kind of sex starved nymphomaniac (which is a load of bullshit) and those that think that will likely jump all over this scene and any possible meaning from it. She desires Sheldon she always has, but she also loves him to death as well. She has never shown rabid sexual behaviour or lust, sure there were times when she wanted some intimacy or an increased level of intimacy especially during the early days in their relationship that were often highlighted in those episodes when Amy was trying to drag Sheldon along and he was resisting but it was hardly nymphomaniac type behaviour. A kiss or a cuddle, holding hands? Wow she really is sex starved...

That and it's another way to bash Sheldon.

I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but to me that was never the intent with Amy. and to see her that way is downright insulting. If the woman was really the sex starved creep people see her, then she would have taken any guy who came along, or take advantage of Sheldon with all the times he's been drunk. 

Why can't the woman just indulge in her own private thoughts, especially since this season we have clear evidence that these feelings are not one sided? Sheldon even admits this next episode that he has some private thoughts of his own. 

These are probably the same people who jump on her and call her a manipulative monster when she makes a mistake, while at the same complaining that she's "never the one who messes up" 

Here's a thought...

She's just as inexperienced in this romance thing as Sheldon is, so maybe—freaking maybe she doesn't know how to make her desires known in a "normal" way. 

Sorry for ranting, I just hate this backward bull crap my cute little lump of wool goes through. It's like she can never win. 

17 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but to me that was never the intent with Amy. and to see her that way is downright insulting. If the woman was really the sex starved creep people see her, then she would have taken any guy who came along, or take advantage of Sheldon with all the times he's been drunk. 

Why can't the woman just indulge in her own private thoughts, especially since this season we have clear evidence that these feelings are not one sided? Sheldon even admits this next episode that he has some private thoughts of his own. 

These are probably the same people who jump on her and call her a manipulative monster when she makes a mistake, while at the same complaining that she's "never the one who messes up" 

Here's a thought...

She's just as inexperienced in this romance thing as Sheldon is, so maybe—freaking maybe she doesn't know how to make her desires known in a "normal" way. 

Sorry for ranting, I just hate this backward bull crap my cute little lump of wool goes through. It's like she can never win. 

I would agree that it's unfair.

Thankfully I don't think lot of people actually believe that about her (I suspect that number has reduced over the years, I wasn't around the forum during their early days but I strongly suspect that viewpoint was more prevalent back then). 

I certainly wouldn't group people who may think there should be more intimacy between them (there have been times when I wanted to see more between them) in the same group as the ones I am talking about. I think we have shippers who have a wide range of views on their sex life and they make perfectly valid and reasonably points about that. I have to make that clear because if someone thinks they should have more sex that doesn't mean at all they subscribe to that extreme viewpoint we are talking about.

It tends to be non shippers of Shamy who might believe that notion about Amy to be true, this is just my perception or the vibe I have got. If they want to believe that then fine that's their prerogative no matter how much I disagree with it. 

Edited by Jonny

3 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would agree that it's unfair.

Thankfully I don't think lot of people actually believe that about her (I suspect that number has reduced over the years, I wasn't around the forum during their early days but I strongly suspect that viewpoint was more prevalent back then). 

I certainly wouldn't group people who may think there should be more intimacy between them (there have been times when I wanted to see more between them) in the same group as the ones I am talking about. I think we have shippers who have a wide range of views on their sex life and they make perfectly valid and reasonably points about that. I have to make that clear because if someone thinks they should have more sex that doesn't mean at all they subscribe to that extreme viewpoint we are talking about.

It tends to be non shippers of Shamy who might believe that notion about Amy to be true, this is just my perception or the vibe I have got. If they want to believe that then fine that's their preoperative no matter how much I disagree with it. 

Oh I agree, there's nothing wrong with wanting a little more intimacy for our couple, and I respect the different views on their sex life, I know I wouldn't object to more sex in their relationship. Or heck, let Shellie have a fantasy, I wouldn't be surprised if he daydreams about his vixen. Why wouldn't he? 

I only meant that some people ( fewer than the past it's true, but I still see them) view any display of desire from Amy as desperate or obsessive, or sad, which I just don't agree with. It's natural, she's in love, she's a hot-blooded, fully bloomed woman. 

You're right in that it seems to be non-shippers who feel this way, and if it's how they feel, fine, I guess I just wish the pitchforks weren't always at the ready. 

25 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Or heck, let Shellie have a fantasy, I wouldn't be surprised if he daydreams about his vixen. Why wouldn't he?

Oh he sure has:

"For example, this morning, I was calculating the random motion of virtual particles in a vacuum, when suddenly the particles morphed into an image of Amy’s dandruff gently cascading down onto her pale, slightly hunched shoulders. Oh, what has that vixen done to me, Leonard?"

And that was S5! God knows what he's fantasising about now! LOL

TBBTeyebrownod.gif.18adba82f9d3b627ddbee7f84973e297.gif

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

And this is what bothers me!  They can't have it both freaking ways and have it come out making any sense!