Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, April said:

Oh he sure has:

"For example, this morning, I was calculating the random motion of virtual particles in a vacuum, when suddenly the particles morphed into an image of Amy’s dandruff gently cascading down onto her pale, slightly hunched shoulders. Oh, what has that vixen done to me, Leonard?"

And that was S5! God knows what he's fantasising about now! LOL

TBBTeyebrownod.gif.18adba82f9d3b627ddbee7f84973e297.gif

Pale, sheldon? As in no clothes covering them? :icon_redface:

I would love to know what it is now! I've always suspected that the booty call in the lab he suggested (gif up ahead) was something he's thought about. (or dreamt about) I don't think that came out of nowhere. Wonder how he would react if the Nurse Chapel costume came back. 

Or even better:

*Amy casually mentions it*

*Sheldon perks up in attention* "Do..do you still have it?" *Getting flustered* "with the boots and.." *gestures to her* 

I need this sort of exchange in my life. (for science of course!:icon_cheesygrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Pale, sheldon? As in no clothes covering them? :icon_redface:

Yeah, I'm always stumbling over that quote like "hahaha yeah, dandruff... oh Shelly, only you would-- wait a minute pale shoulders!??" LMAO

12 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

I would love to know what it is now! I've always suspected that the booty call in the lab he suggested (gif up ahead) was something he's thought about. (or dreamt about) I don't think that came out of nowhere. Wonder how he would react if the Nurse Chapel costume came back. 

Or even better:

*Amy casually mentions it*

*Sheldon perks up in attention* "Do..do you still have it?" *Getting flustered* "with the boots and.." *gestures to her* 

I need this sort of exchange in my life. (for science of course!:icon_cheesygrin:

Yes to all! LOL

I can only hope one day we will actually get the episode where the tension spills over and a scenario like that would be so fitting. Oh well, a girl can dream...

#ForScience! naturally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice review of the episode...and nice gifs

http://www.tvguide.com/news/the-big-bang-theory-the-locomotion-reverberation-recap-sheldon-gifs/

I like this part the most. Just a question: who the hell is Fabio?

The fantasy sequence was a funny way to help us understand how Amy thinks of Sheldon. Where the world sees a dork, she sees Fabio. We still don't really know why she thinks this, but love can make a person see things others can't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kathy2611 said:

And this is what bothers me!  They can't have it both freaking ways and have it come out making any sense!

If they are not building something with all the hints and all the innuendos to give clousure ( I don't even care  anymore about the result) to the damnn deal, I will be  bothered and dissapointed. I enjoy the scenes by themselves but in whole or they lead to something at some point or they are becoming  absurd to me. It's enough teasing for me, they keep the deal or they don't. Make it clear and move on, don't wear out the plot anymore please , I'm particularly tired of it.

Edited by Anita

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 We know the gang already knew so they don't count, but Sheldon also told Kripke and a canteen lady. Plonker ! We can guess which one of those two spread the gossip. Amy needs to save face now by letting it be known at work that her  man is so virile, once a year is enough for any woman and only a woman hot enough to withstand his power. :)  Moreover it's a very effective means of birth control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Promo pics for the next episode are up! Amy and Sheldon have a new dresses, they're adorable! Plus...Amy seems pretty mad when they return home!

 

I wonder if Amy would be just as mad about gossip spreading  if her and Sheldon had an active  sex life  ? I hope so. I really need to see this episode to determine, whether it is about privacy or it is particularly about once a year thing ? If it is a privacy issue then Amy is totally justified for being mad,  but if it ends up being that she is ashamed of the frequency of their sex life, then it actually sends a poisonous message that people with different sexualities and people with low sex drives should be mocked and deserve to feel bad.   It is just as bad as slut shaming, but in opposite terms imo. 

And i know Some are saying next episode is setting up to address intimacy issues in the future. But just to be clear, I don't think Sheldon is obligated to sleep with Amy , just because....everyone at Caltech gossips about it. If this is the way they are going to handle and build up a possible scenario about more frequent intimacy,  then its actually a  bad idea. What other people think should not factor into their decision about their sex life. I'd rather Sheldon himself expresses a desire to have more frequent sex if they have to have sex. 

Jmo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

I know people are entitled to their own opinions, but to me that was never the intent with Amy. and to see her that way is downright insulting. If the woman was really the sex starved creep people see her, then she would have taken any guy who came along, or take advantage of Sheldon with all the times he's been drunk. 

Why can't the woman just indulge in her own private thoughts, especially since this season we have clear evidence that these feelings are not one sided? Sheldon even admits this next episode that he has some private thoughts of his own. 

These are probably the same people who jump on her and call her a manipulative monster when she makes a mistake, while at the same complaining that she's "never the one who messes up" 

Here's a thought...

She's just as inexperienced in this romance thing as Sheldon is, so maybe—freaking maybe she doesn't know how to make her desires known in a "normal" way. 

Sorry for ranting, I just hate this backward bull crap my cute little lump of wool goes through. It's like she can never win. 

This! As they have been learning to socialize with people outside from their friends group and even inside of it for the last years, as they  are more able to express their feelings now about anything and anyone, shamy has been learning to express their sexuality too. I believe they both are okay with once in a year agreement as they might be able to get more used to  the complex world of chemical reactions a brain and a body experiment as the sex became part of a couple 's life. What I believe that is possible to happen is as long as shamy get confortable with each other in such level that they feel they might have sex more often, as they seem to be experiencing lots of signs that sex is more in their minds than they thought it would be.  Maybe that's why writers don't let the hints about the subject drop down and keep showing situations that hint shamy are still a relationship of minds but also they awaken a kind of attraction as they initiated sex and started to live together later that only needs to be more balanced with the way they feel about express their physical side of their relationship.

What they have is very touching, powerful and beautiful and what I most love is how naturally they love each other without complicating too much, as they do things as they are into and as they get confortable to each other for keep doing more things together.  They love each other with a sense of rationalization that is adorable and kind of hot imo. If most of people who had relationship issues could be able to take their time before getting into unknown or new situations in an impulsive way,  maybe there might be more suceed relationships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 

I wonder if Amy would be just as mad about gossip spreading  if her and Sheldon had an active  sex life  ? I hope so. I really need to see this episode to determine, whether it is about privacy or it is particularly about once a year thing ? If it is a privacy issue then Amy is totally justified for being mad,  but if it ends up being that she is ashamed of the frequency of their sex life, then it actually sends a poisonous message that people with different sexualities and people with low sex drives should be mocked and deserve to feel bad.   It is just as bad as slut shaming, but in opposite terms imo. 

I don't know...that's a delicate matter. That's why I'm happy that  the writers are writing Amy, at least in my opinion, to be happy with the arrangement. She has had an occasion to revisit it in 10.8 and she decided not to and she didn't actually seemed to count the hours for her birthday, so I guess she is fine with it. But if this episode suggests she is not, I think both of them have their reasons. O f course you can't force Sheldon to have sex, but if Amy has different urges she is entitled to that and to express that feeling.   Anyway, let's see how the episode plays out...

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Promo pics for the next episode are up! Amy and Sheldon have a new dresses, they're adorable! Plus...Amy seems pretty mad when they return home!

I love shamy new dresses, especially how their colors match. It is an adorable couple thing imo. :)

Poor Amy, she seems pretty mad indeed. I wonder what was wriiten on the white board...

Can't  wait to see how it plays out on screen the way Sheldon apologized and fixed his mess . Isnt next week yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I don't know...that's a delicate matter. That's why I'm happy that  the writers are writing Amy, at least in my opinion, to be happy with the arrangement. She has had an occasion to revisit it in 10.8 and she decided not to and she didn't actually seemed to count the hours for her birthday, so I guess she is fine with it. But if this episode suggests she is not, I think both of them have their reasons. O f course you can't force Sheldon to have sex, but if Amy has different urges she is entitled to that and to express that feeling.   Anyway, let's see how the episode plays out...

Sheldon is not obligated to have sex and Amy has complete right to express her urges . What I was saying was, that what people at work think should not factor into that decision for either of them to take steps towards more intimacy . That's why I don't want the next episode be a part of a larger arc about their sex life.  I'd rather it is a one off episode about Sheldon learning his lesson about keeping things private. 

There are more mature ways to deal with this, ,I'm sure they can do it. 

Edited by serena_1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

 

I wonder if Amy would be just as mad about gossip spreading  if her and Sheldon had an active  sex life  ? I hope so. I really need to see this episode to determine, whether it is about privacy or it is particularly about once a year thing ? If it is a privacy issue then Amy is totally justified for being mad,  but if it ends up being that she is ashamed of the frequency of their sex life, then it actually sends a poisonous message that people with different sexualities and people with low sex drives should be mocked and deserve to feel bad.   It is just as bad as slut shaming, but in opposite terms imo. 

And i know Some are saying next episode is setting up to address intimacy issues in the future. But just to be clear, I don't think Sheldon is obligated to sleep with Amy , just because....everyone at Caltech gossips about it. If this is the way they are going to handle and build up a possible scenario about more frequent intimacy,  then its actually a  bad idea. What other people think should not factor into their decision about their sex life. I'd rather Sheldon himself expresses a desire to have more frequent sex if they have to have sex. 

Jmo. 

In the preview, they speak about a "big talk"that leads to think they are going to talk about the sex and not about the gossip, but we know thanks to the TR they don't. It's a way to keep exploiting the plot and make the audiece stay tuned. 

To begin with, I don´t understand the need to tell that to the canteen lady, I mean in what context you tell the person who serves your food the state of your sexual live? And I can't be sure of course but it  feels she is mad because she is embarrased. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Anita said:

In the preview, they speak about a "big talk"that leads to think they are going to talk about the sex and not about the gossip, but we know thanks to the TR they don't. It's a way to keep exploiting the plot and make the audiece stay tuned. 

To begin with, I don´t understand the need to tell that to the canteen lady, I mean in what context you tell the person who serves your food the state of your sexual live? And I can't be sure of course but it  feels she is mad because she is embarrased. 

 

I think the canteen lady might be part of  the point about Sheldon and his way he speaks about things. His sexual life with Amy is something that is only their business and we have seen lots of times that Sheldon had spoken about private things he knew from his friends randomly, so he was repeating same mistake, as he was not aware he was also doing wrong to himself and to Amy as he had done to others before. This plotline might have been a way of Sheldon learnt his lesson about the privacy side of his relationship with Amy, imo very important to their relationship balance.

I got Amy was embarassed too. I would be if my sex life feeded gossip among my colleagues. It is such private thing that only very close friends or relatives would know details about that. Shelley has lot to learn yet but he is going in right  way. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

That's why I'm happy that  the writers are writing Amy, at least in my opinion, to be happy with the arrangement.

They are? , I have the feeling they are portraying an amy with sexual desires who has settled with Sheldon's arrangement, at least to the casual viewer who doen't analyze and overthink about the matter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Anita said:

They are? , I have the feeling they are portraying an amy with sexual desires who has settled with Sheldon's arrangement, at least to the casual viewer who doen't analyze and overthink about the matter

Yes, I truly believe they are and I don't think this season the writers portrayed Amy as settling for Sheldon's arrangement. On the contrary, this season for the first time they wrote Sheldon discovering his sexuality, he was the one who tried to seduce Amy in every possible way, who was counting the seconds to midnight on her birthday, who got randy for some clever talk by Amy. Allowing Amy in this episode to fancy her boyfriend doesn't mean she is sexually frustrated, IMO. Amy has a sex drive which is closer to Sheldon's one than we usually think, otherwise she wouldn't have waited so long to have sex. She had all the opportunities when they were broken up, but obviously that was not what she wanted.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't Amy usually vocal if she feels she's settling with Sheldon's rules? You know, complaining and whining like in s6-7. Using it as a means to win an argument (well I did ___ for you). She seems pretty happy to me with the relationship now. Of course not perfect (as the next episode will show) but considering its their first real fight living together since 10x04, and all the cute domestic moments, I just don't see a settling Amy IMO. 

Although I'll concede to the fact that I don't know 100% sure how the next episode will play out, but I'll stand with my previous predictions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay after rewatched the episode a few times more, I notice a few things more also  very interisting.  Some have been said by some of you earlier so here is a few more I noticed ...

Did you notice Amy's voice  tone as she interacted with daydream Sheldon? It was the same she had  after their first time in S9E11.

This Sheldon 's quote to Howard and Leonard :

"I have girlfriend, I am already the king of train store"

Then Scorpions's song lyrics :

"Here I am rock you like a hurricane"

And last but not least "The ligth is green"

Love the way all naughty stuff was handled. Writers, you are such teasers! :icon_cheesygrin: 

And it is so warm to see  Sheldon now including  Amy to everywhere he need /want to go or in things he does. He even was taking care about where they would sleep. The caboose mention was priceless,lol!  Sheldon seems to have a vivid imagination just like Amy! They are so meant to be, so adorable!

Btw, I know I have said earlier but I need to say again: I love shamy domestic bliss! The way Sheldon is comfortable now as Amy brushes her teeth was great. More intimate ever, love that so much! <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Yes, I truly believe they are and I don't think this season the writers portrayed Amy as settling for Sheldon's arrangement. On the contrary, this season for the first time they wrote Sheldon discovering his sexuality, he was the one who tried to seduce Amy in every possible way, who was counting the seconds to midnight on her birthday, who got randy for some clever talk by Amy. Allowing Amy in this episode to fancy her boyfriend doesn't mean she is sexually frustrated, IMO. Amy has a sex drive which is closer to Sheldon's one than we usually think, otherwise she wouldn't have waited so long to have sex. She had all the opportunities when they were broken up, but obviously that was not what she wanted.  

I don't see it that way, I think they are pretty clear about amy's sexuality and very ambiguous at best with sheldon's , the seduction attemp didn't have anything to do with sexual desire for his part, the eagerness in her birthday  is open to interpretation, he doesn't wake her up for coitus, he wakes her up to  give her the present, in fact he imply she is the one who starts the moving on to the annual coitus portion of the birthday  festivities, by kissing him. Every time he gets randy is by clever talk, by science discussion, by trains, by science fiction, by reporting someone cutting the line.

I don't know if I am making sense. What I mean is not that  she is sexually frustated or not happy with the arragement, is that the  writters make clear amy is attracted physically to sheldon, but don't want to be  so clear the other way.  So to the viewer who doesn't spend this amount of time I'm spending right now thinking about it is sheldon who struggles with sex and amy who doesn't.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Anita said:

I don't see it that way, I think they are pretty clear about amy's sexuality and very ambiguous at best with sheldon's , the seduction attemp didn't have anything to do with sexual desire for his part, the eagerness in her birthday  is open to interpretation, he doesn't wake her up for coitus, he wakes her up to  give her the present, in fact he imply she is the one who starts the moving on to the annual coitus portion of the birthday  festivities, by kissing him. Every time he gets randy is by clever talk, by science discussion, by trains, by science fiction, by reporting someone cutting the line.

I don't know if I am making sense. What I mean is not that  she is sexually frustated or not happy with the arragement, is that the  writters make clear amy is attracted physically to sheldon, but don't want to be  so clear the other way.  So to the viewer who doesn't spend this amount of time I'm spending right now thinking about it is sheldon who struggles with sex and amy who doesn't.

 

Oh, let's agree to disagree. For Sheldon is very true that the sexiest organ is the brain, so I don't think it's  any indication he is not attracted to Amy the fact that he is turned on by clever talk and science, since it's Amy's (and just Amy's) clever talk and science.  Sheldon is not attracted by the conventional things men are, that's simply what he is... 

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anita said:

I don't see it that way, I think they are pretty clear about amy's sexuality and very ambiguous at best with sheldon's , the seduction attemp didn't have anything to do with sexual desire for his part, the eagerness in her birthday  is open to interpretation, he doesn't wake her up for coitus, he wakes her up to  give her the present, in fact he imply she is the one who starts the moving on to the annual coitus portion of the birthday  festivities, by kissing him. Every time he gets randy is by clever talk, by science discussion, by trains, by science fiction, by reporting someone cutting the line.

I don't know if I am making sense. What I mean is not that  she is sexually frustated or not happy with the arragement, is that the  writters make clear amy is attracted physically to sheldon, but don't want to be  so clear the other way.  So to the viewer who doesn't spend this amount of time I'm spending right now thinking about it is sheldon who struggles with sex and amy who doesn't.

 

It is his way of getting randy, Sheldon is not attracted by the conventional things  men are as said well @mirs1. Neither Amy is and if the sex was something that might frustrate them, they would not been so confortable with each other after two years from their reunion, as it seems they have got somewhere in time their balance about that. Besides if Amy had the high sex drive some hint she had, she surely had found a way when she and Sheldon were broken up. Imo sex is important to Amy as long she has it with Sheldon and it has been showed by her actions since they started living together. They seem to make all possible efforts in all sides of their relationship for things work between them. Their communication as couple has been really improving episode after episode and eventually  we would know more about their sexual life soon. Writers might have something in their sleeves as the situations of sexual tension might be happening meanwhile as their story develops. And they have interest on keep us entertained with possibilities and theories. They seem to be doing a great job by our interisting discussions here. :)

 

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What bugs me about the argument about physical attraction is really how it narrows the wide spectrum of human sexuality down to certain specific parameters that are deemed acceptable by the general public. Especially with an unusual couple like Shamy it puts a lot of extra pressure on proving they are actually into each other -  it has to happen in the right way or it doesn't count! So Sheldon being clearly aroused when Amy steps out of the bathroom in a sexy outfit isn't deemed acceptable proof because the masses of the public decided only dessous on a woman are the right garment in that situation, no geeky stuff allowed unless it's Leia's slave bikini or something. Not to mention the idea that a man could be attracted to more than just t&a like -gasp!- a woman's personality or her intelligence is apparently unheard of and a sure sign something must be wrong with him! /s

That isn't to say that I don't have any sympathy towards the desire to finally get that fool proof publicly accepted evidence to finally put this argument to rest - I'd have this happen sooner rather than later myself.  But I'm also not super interested in catering to some random Joe Public just because he didn't get the memo. I can appreciate how delicately the writers are handling this for the most part so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. We'll see what the future holds for Shamy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every so often this desire thing gets brought up even though there is plenty of evidence there most especially this season to indicate it does exist both on a physical and mental level. Shamy are just such a different couple than pretty much any couple on television, I guess for some unless it's right in your face and so blatantly obvious like every other couple then people will continue to keep bringing it up...

I think they desire each other on every possible level, but there are times when I wish for a piece of dialogue or actual scene that would kill off any of this talk for good. Like for example have a dream sequence like Amy had in this latest episode when Sheldon had a fantasy about Amy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, April said:

What bugs me about the argument about physical attraction is really how it narrows the wide spectrum of human sexuality down to certain specific parameters that are deemed acceptable by the general public. Especially with an unusual couple like Shamy it puts a lot of extra pressure on proving they are actually into each other -  it has to happen in the right way or it doesn't count! So Sheldon being clearly aroused when Amy steps out of the bathroom in a sexy outfit isn't deemed acceptable proof because the masses of the public decided only dessous on a woman are the right garment in that situation, no geeky stuff allowed unless it's Leia's slave bikini or something. Not to mention the idea that a man could be attracted to more than just t&a like -gasp!- a woman's personality or her intelligence is apparently unheard of and a sure sign something must be wrong with him! /s

That isn't to say that I don't have any sympathy towards the desire to finally get that fool proof publicly accepted evidence to finally put this argument to rest - I'd have this happen sooner rather than later myself.  But I'm also not super interested in catering to some random Joe Public just because he didn't get the memo. I can appreciate how delicately the writers are handling this for the most part so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here. We'll see what the future holds for Shamy...

This is what I think bothers me the most. When  question Sheldon's attraction to Amy (even when he was clearly aroused by her showing some leg under a harry potter robe) I always get this uneasy feeling that on some level, Joe Public doesn't believe it because they don't see Amy as attractive. I mean clearly what man would be attracted to a woman with a joyful smile, sharp wit, and a beautiful soul. She doesn't have big breasts, and she's not showing much skin, so  clearly it's not her he's attracted to. She's not "typically pretty" (whatever that bull-crap notion means) so it can't be!

And I'm not attacking anyone's preference, I think she's very attractive, others might not. and that's fine IDK But when people deny it because she wasn't wearing a skimpy nightgown or when they get harsh in comments about her physically (both her and Mayim), it really rubs me the wrong way. (not singling anyone out specifically BTW) 

I want to see them both be attracted to each other, IMO I do, would I object to more? Of course not. And I can relate to the people who do want more tangible proof. @Jonny  I would like some piece of dialogue too. Bring it on writers! 

 I do commend the writers for not giving Amy some "magic makeover" I applaud Amy for going her whole life, probably ambushed by body shaming media and still maintaining what style makes her happy. And I think Sheldon applauds her as well. He's attracted to her for being Amy, that's why no other girl would do it for him. She's his vixen, his "foxy teakettle" the woman who made Sheldon say "wowza!" IMO, he thinks she's beautiful/sexy (in more ways than one) 

Okay...It's 9:30 at night here, so I can't guarantee much of what I just said makes sense, but like Leonard has said "I've been holding a lot of this in for awhile" 

But I'm with you @April I'm...I'm not interested in catering to the public, if they expect "typical" from Shamy (for any part of their relationship) then... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.