Tensor

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Anita said:

My problem is not with their sexual relationship perse  I'm sorry if  is that is the impression I have given, I don't care about the frecuency,I don't care if it involves penetrative intercourse or not, and I don't care what kind of things arouse them.  My problem is the way the show is portraying it like it is an issue, it's the own show who is making a big deal of it. For example, sheldon told kripke a bunch of lies about their very active sexual life and the gossip never spread out, but he tells him they do it once a year and everybody in caltech are gossiping about it 

Oh yes. As I say, I do think the show should drop it, because clearly the show seems to think that the frequency of intercourse is some sort of issue. And I am a little worried that the showrunners will think that, so long as they insist that Shamy have sex once a year and That is Weird Haha, then they can let the rest of Shamy's characterisation slide. As in: they'll let the science arguments and both Sheldon and Amy's pointed eccentricities go. Because hey! Once a year sex! They're still weird and different! Tee-hee! Get rid of that pathetic little crutch, show. By which I don't mean that the Shamy need to go at it like jackrabbits. I mean that I'm good with not hearing that 'once a year' gag again. Ever.

45 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Oh yes. As I say, I do think the show should drop it, because clearly the show seems to think that the frequency of intercourse is some sort of issue. And I am a little worried that the showrunners will think that, so long as they insist that Shamy have sex once a year and That is Weird Haha, then they can let the rest of Shamy's characterisation slide. As in: they'll let the science arguments and both Sheldon and Amy's pointed eccentricities go. Because hey! Once a year sex! They're still weird and different! Tee-hee! Get rid of that pathetic little crutch, show. By which I don't mean that the Shamy need to go at it like jackrabbits. I mean that I'm good with not hearing that 'once a year' gag again. Ever.

For me and this is just my view, if they are happy with once a year arrangement then I am happy with once a year for them as with most things Shamy if one is unhappy about something then I become unhappy about something. If they decide to change whatever agreement they have in place and again are both happy with it then I will also be happy with it for them. At the end of the day we want to see them as happy as they can possibly be, well that's what I want lol

But for me and again this in IMO and if people don't agree with what I am about to say then that is perfectly valid and I absolutely respect that, they need to get rid of this mocking them. Mocking from friends, mocking from colleagues at work etc I just DON'T fucking like it at all. The writers think it's hilarious and like you pointed out I suspect the wider audience probably do as we get multi references to it in Season 9 and now in Season 10. But as a Shipper I hate it, it shows no respect for people having different choices or what might work for them and on a human level it must be so annoying and at times hurtful. Imagine if you were in their situation and you get mocked for it in real life?

Like you intimated the writers are making it seem like a bigger or weird/unusual situation, when quite frankly it doesn't have to be. It could be embraced, hell they could get amazing praise for the way they address it. Once a year, once a week, once a month, no frequency specified etc just ditch mocking them for whatever works for them.

Again this is all IMO and now that's me done with the subject.

Edited by Jonny

With regards to the show making it an issue I gotta say that I don't think with the way they present Shamy's relationship they mean to portray it as an issue between the two of them.

I mean, this is the show that wasn't shy to make a ton of "haw haw Amy can't get some, Sheldon finds sex icky" jokes in the past. If that still were the dynamic they were aiming for they simply would do it. But the only time we ever came close to that was when Amy made a cheeky "birthday suit" comment that Sheldon didn't even understand which is pretty harmless all things considered. Ever since we haven't gotten any hint that Amy is super eager to increase the frequency nor did we have a situation where Sheldon turned down any of her advances with an exasperated "It's always just sex with you, woman!" like he did in the past (which usually were a reaction to something completely harmless like Amy suggesting going for a walk, I might add).

What we have gotten instead though are plenty of situations that show they're into each other. They're madly in love with each other, they stimulate their minds with intellectual arguments and science experiments, and they frequently and freely engage in physical contact of all sorts while even having a moment or two of admiring the other's looks. I honestly do not see any problem with them here.

The issue really only comes in from the show making the once-a-year thing Shamy's new running gag for some stupid reason. I don't even think they're tying to portray Shamy's arrangement as wrong per se (cause after all the two seem happy with each other so that can't be it, right?) but since the show now seemingly got over Shamy's physical issues it seems to cling to that one joke as a vehicle for some cheap humour.

Now, I still need to see how the next episode actually turns out but judging from the very detailed TR it's evident to me that the issue really is about privacy and not a problem between Shamy about what happens or doesn't happen in their bedroom as such. And again the show is tiptoeing around anything that may suggest an issue in that part of their relationship and instead frames the conflict as a Shamy vs. the rest of the world kinda thing. And @Jedichic98 is absolutely correct with her assessment that of course people would give Shamy grieve about that. Heck, the gang has done that for forever! You could even argue the topic being talked to death on forums like this makes a good case that their co-workers would do pretty much the same and start wondering if there's something wrong. I wouldn't go as far and praise this as the show critically commenting on society's inability to accept different forms of intimacy and holding p-in-v intercourse as some sort of weird gold standard (for that it's still too much hypocritical "haw haw look how weird they are" humour). But I can appreciate framing the conflict as something external that in the end will bring Shamy closer together.

Anyway, I think this is also the most extensive the show has used the once-a-year deal as a plot device. Idk if they will continue with that or if Sheldon telling everyone to mind their own business signals that they're done with it. If that's the case the only other thing they could do is finally deliver a storyline where Shamy talk it out and either agree that they're happy the way things are or they find they developed physical needs that require more frequent coitus. Either way I would be fine.

Over a year since Shamy got back together, I tried an experiment today, 

*me* "I wonder if I should re-watch some scenes from early season 9, I know they'll get back together so it should be fine"

*can't even finish a single one without pausing/switching off youtube* 

I swear I feel the exact same anxiety, even though logically I Know they're a happy couple now. 

The weird thing is, this never happens with any other TV couple. I never feel this anxious or just...raw when i see them broken up. 

I loved analyzing each episode with you guys and hearing what you had to say about certain words and actions and the meaning behind glances, I mean @April your season re-watch and per-episode analysis was wonderful, but I...I just can't watch them be so clearly miserable without each other.

This was my Sunday in a nutshell today. 

I'm going to re-watch season 10 episodes (maybe some post reconciliation season 9) just so I can sleep tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Jedichic98 said:

Over a year since Shamy got back together, I tried an experiment today, 

*me* "I wonder if I should re-watch some scenes from early season 9, I know they'll get back together so it should be fine"

*can't even finish a single one without pausing/switching off youtube* 

I swear I feel the exact same anxiety, even though logically I Know they're a happy couple now. 

The weird thing is, this never happens with any other TV couple. I never feel this anxious or just...raw when i see them broken up. 

I loved analyzing each episode with you guys and hearing what you had to say about certain words and actions and the meaning behind glances, I mean @April your season re-watch and per-episode analysis was wonderful, but I...I just can't watch them be so clearly miserable without each other.

This was my Sunday in a nutshell today. 

I'm going to re-watch season 10 episodes (maybe some post reconciliation season 9) just so I can sleep tonight. 

I was the same, struggled to watch it as it's such painful set of episodes at the start. But then I took some advice from this forum, can't remember who it was (apologies but I think they probably know who they are) who said it's best if you binge watch those episodes quickly and power through them. As a result I found it much easier to get through them, instead of watching a couple of episodes one night and another couple the following night for example.

10 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I was the same, struggled to watch it as it's such painful set of episodes at the start. But then I took some advice from this forum, can't remember who it was (apologies but I think they probably know who they are) who said it's best if you binge watch those episodes quickly and power through them. As a result I found it much easier to get through them, instead of watching a couple of episodes one night and another couple the following night for example.

that could work, treat it more like one long movie instead of separate episodes. I might try that one day.

15 hours ago, Jonny said:

For me and this is just my view, if they are happy with once a year arrangement then I am happy with once a year for them as with most things Shamy if one is unhappy about something then I become unhappy about something. If they decide to change whatever agreement they have in place and again are both happy with it then I will also be happy with it for them. At the end of the day we want to see them as happy as they can possibly be, well that's what I want lol

12 hours ago, April said:

The issue really only comes in from the show making the once-a-year thing Shamy's new running gag for some stupid reason. I don't even think they're tying to portray Shamy's arrangement as wrong per se (cause after all the two seem happy with each other so that can't be it, right?) but since the show now seemingly got over Shamy's physical issues it seems to cling to that one joke as a vehicle for some cheap humour.

@Jedichic98

The bolded parts, that's where the problem lies for me. They "seem" happy, but, do we know for sure they both are?

Let's see, Sheldon, with his well documented aversion and disdain to sex who just had discovered it could be a pleasurable activity but that doesn't seem to feel the need to practice it too oftenly, yes, I don't feel particularly worried about him having to stick to this once-a-year schedule.

But what about Amy?, the one of the three main girls that always seemed to have the highest libido, the one that wanted so bad to experience sex, the one who seemed so prone to excercise self-pleasuring activities, the one who is constantly shown having romantic and sexy fantasies, the one who felt an innocent group hug among friends was "kind of hot" and even displayed a good amount of bicuriosity at one stage of her life, one who confessed being dissapointed nobody took advantage of her while she was drunk at a frat party (I know, stupid joke, I hate it too) the one that reportedly leers at her boyfriend's naked body, are we really sure that she has no desire to experience sex a bit more often (I mean, at least two times a year!), how do we know she is "happy"?, just because she doesn't openly complain?

Let's reverse the situation, let's suppose Sheldon's words after that first time were: "I enjoyed that more than I  thought, I  could even do it again tomorrow!", and instead the "once a year" we have a "once a day" deal. Let's suppose we get to know they are having sex in a daily basis, Amy is happy and he doesn't seem *that* annoyed, just once in a while he does a little comment that suggest he would like to break the deal and skip sex for a day, but overjoyed Amy doesn't catch the drift. They are shown enjoying time together, but doesn't matter how enthrilled they seem to be with whatever activity they are doing, we know it will eventually get interrupted for them to hit the bed again, then one day Amy surprisingly says she doesn't want to have sex, but only because she has not get her contraceptive and doesn't want to risk getting  pregnant yet. We get a dream sequence of a happy Sheldon being a train conductor being helped by an enthusiastic Amy, but the fantasy ends abruptly when we discover he's only dressed that way to fulfill his role of sexy conductor for her, as a preparation for more sex, of course. Then we get to know Amy has spread the word around Cal Tech about their hectic sex routine and Sheldon feels embarrassed and angry and calls her out, but when we think he's about to complain about the frequency of sex, turns out he's angry at her for not respecting their confidentiality clauses. Wee also get to se him being embarrased at the mocking of his peers at the university, because every time they call him a "dog" for his sexual prowess (I mean the opposite at the once-a-year digs), he feels they respect him less as a scientist.

Now, knowing about Sheldon's personality and how he had felt about sex for almost his entire life and putting together all those little hints that suggest he would like to slow down the pace, do you think we could simply say "but he seems happy!" being involved in such situation? well, as long as he doesn't  openly complain about it, I guess.

Now, I know it's a ridiculous analogy, but that's how I feel about it, mainly because I feel this whole situation is, again, catering mostly at Sheldon's needs, I mean, I'm not blaming him and I'm not trying to negate the fact that their relationship is a thousand times better now than seasons ago, I'm blaming the writers, because they only care about him and they want to keep him "weird", they have decided he's different because he doesn't care about sex the way the other guys do, so they use the once a year thing without thinking that it's stupid and disadvantageus for Amy, they are simply ignoring her, because it's illogical to pretend she has no problem with sticking to that rule, that's why they constantly have those freudian slips, her cheeky suggestions that go unnoticed by Sheldon and those sexy fantasies about him, because deeply inside they know she wants more, because that's how they have created her character, this, I mean, when they remember she is a character and not only one more of Sheldon's accessories.

So, despite thinking it's OOC for her to accept this schedule (specially because at this stage of their relationship it would be as easy as ask Sheldon to do it more often and he would obligue, I mean, what's stopping her?), if they want to make me believe her sexual urges are not as high as I think and are much more in sync with Sheldon's, well, then just show it!, I don't want to believe she is happy just because she doesn't vocally complain while at the same time telling me she looks hungrily at him and takes every chance to put her hands on him, as if she still had the need to sneakily do it. I would like to see her bragging with her girlfriends about only needing to do it once a year and feel satisfied, and to look down at the others thinking, just as Sheldon, that she is superior than them for not being a slave of her hormones, and preferring a session of harp playing to an afternoon of hanky-panky, I mean, if low-frequency sex is going to be their quirk, let's do it equally satisfying for both, shall we?

Edited by sarah7

2 hours ago, sarah7 said:

The bolded parts, that's where the problem lies for me. They "seem" happy, but, do we know for sure they both are?

Let's see, Sheldon, with his well documented aversion and disdain to sex who just had discovered it could be a pleasurable activity but that doesn't seem to feel the need to practice it too oftenly, yes, I don't feel particularly worried about him having to stick to this once-a-year schedule.

But what about Amy?, the one of the three main girls that always seemed to have the highest libido, the one that wanted so bad to experience sex, the one who seemed so prone to excercise self-pleasuring activities, the one who is constantly shown having romantic and sexy fantasies, the one who felt an innocent group hug among friends was "kind of hot" and even displayed a good amount of bicuriosity at one stage of her life, one who confessed being dissapointed nobody took advantage of her while she was drunk at a frat party (I know, stupid joke, I hate it too) the one that reportedly leers at her boyfriend's naked body, are we really sure that she has no desire to experience sex a bit more often (I mean, at least two times a year!), how do we know she is "happy"?, just because she doesn't openly complain?

Seriously? Is Amy the character with the highest libido among the girls? She stayed in a sexless relationship for 5 years, Shamy didn't even kiss for 3 of those 5 years, and when it ended she didn't jump on the first opportunity to make up for the lost time...I don't see her as a person with a high libido, at all. Her behaviors are not the behaviors of a woman with a high libido. She pleases herself and has had two or three of fantasies about her boyfriend (one of which was about just kissing him), seriously I don't count it as wanting sex badly.  Anyway, I blame the writers for that;  those stupid jokes about Amy that can't get some in the past were misleading. As a matter of fact, there weren't so many of those, but for sure they stuck with the audience much more than the reality that Amy did without sex for such a long part of her life.

Edited by mirs1

36 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

One can easily imagine the circumstances under which Kripke and the canteen lady might have been told

Please, enlight me, because it's driving me crazy. In what circumstances he could tell the canteen lady?

3 hours ago, sarah7 said:

Let's reverse the situation, let's suppose Sheldon's words after that first time were: "I enjoyed that more than I  thought, I  could even do it again tomorrow!", and instead the "once a year" we have a "once a day" deal. Let's suppose we get to know they are having sex in a daily basis, Amy is happy and he doesn't seem *that* annoyed, just once in a while he does a little comment that suggest he would like to break the deal and skip sex for a day, but overjoyed Amy doesn't catch the drift. They are shown enjoying time together, but doesn't matter how enthrilled they seem to be with whatever activity they are doing, we know it will eventually get interrupted for them to hit the bed again, then one day Amy surprisingly says she doesn't want to have sex, but only because she has not get her contraceptive and doesn't want to risk getting  pregnant yet. We get a dream sequence of a happy Sheldon being a train conductor being helped by an enthusiastic Amy, but the fantasy ends abruptly when we discover he's only dressed that way to fulfill his role of sexy conductor for her, as a preparation for more sex, of course. Then we get to know Amy has spread the word around Cal Tech about their hectic sex routine and Sheldon feels embarrassed and angry and calls her out, but when we think he's about to complain about the frequency of sex, turns out he's angry at her for not respecting their confidentiality clauses. Wee also get to se him being embarrased at the mocking of his peers at the university, because every time they call him a "dog" for his sexual prowess (I mean the opposite at the once-a-year digs), he feels they respect him less as a scientist.

Now, knowing about Sheldon's personality and how he had felt about sex for almost his entire life and putting together all those little hints that suggest he would like to slow down the pace, do you think we could simply say "but he seems happy!" being involved in such situation? well, as long as he doesn't  openly complain about it, I guess.

Now, I know it's a ridiculous analogy, but that's how I feel about it, mainly because I feel this whole situation is, again, catering mostly at Sheldon's needs, I mean, I'm not blaming him and I'm not trying to negate the fact that their relationship is a thousand times better now than seasons ago, I'm blaming the writers, because they only care about him and they want to keep him "weird", they have decided he's different because he doesn't care about sex the way the other guys do, so they use the once a year thing without thinking that it's stupid and disadvantageus for Amy, they are simply ignoring her, because it's illogical to pretend she has no problem with sticking to that rule, that's why they constantly have those freudian slips, her cheeky suggestions that go unnoticed by Sheldon and those sexy fantasies about him, because deeply inside they know she wants more, because that's how they have created her character, this, I mean, when they remember she is a character and not only one more of Sheldon's accessories.

So, despite thinking it's OOC for her to accept this schedule (specially because at this stage of their relationship it would be as easy as ask Sheldon to do it more often and he would obligue, I mean, what's stopping her?), if they want to make me believe her sexual urges are not as high as I think and are much more in sync with Sheldon's, well, then just show it!, I don't want to believe she is happy just because she doesn't vocally complain while at the same time telling me she looks hungrily at him and takes every chance to put her hands on him, as if she still had the need to sneakily do it. I would like to see her bragging with her girlfriends about only needing to do it once a year and feel satisfied, and to look down at the others thinking, just as Sheldon, that she is superior than them for not being a slave of her hormones, and preferring a session of harp playing to an afternoon of hanky-panky, I mean, if low-frequency sex is going to be their quirk, let's do it equally satisfying for both, shall we?

Sorry but I have to disagree about this, as Amy had to show since earlier she doesnt have the higest libido from the three girls. I am not going to list all the reasons why Amy had  not because @mirs1 had just made it and that mirror exactly my thoughts on this. I only would like to add that most of Amy's comments in beginning about sex always seemed imo a way of try to be accepted in a girls friends 's group who were sexually active. Then in her late reactions about some things related with intimacy imo she seemed a bit insecure and more shy than she showed in beginning of the show. And last  but not least if Amy had a big libido , she would not loose her chance with other men while she was broken up with Sheldom and before someone mention she was interrupted by Sheldon when she was with Dave, that vibe there never had vibration for that imo.

If Amy had that libido , knowing  her Sheldon well as she knew, she would not come back dating him.

Edited by spidergirl

2 hours ago, sarah7 said:

I think this is pretty much where your take on the situation completely falls apart. The idea that Amy has the highest libido is ludicrous to me. Amy talks a lot of smack and had a terrible understanding of personal boundaries in her early years - and you're confusing her openness with having a high libido!? Higher than the other girls who regularly have sex and of whom we know at least one also has a vibrator? Those girls?? Yeah, I'm not buying that. I'm also not buying that any woman with a normal sex drive would stay with Sheldon in a relationship that wasn't physical at all for the longest time.

In fact, if we go back, most of those incriminating situations happened when Shamy weren't even kissing regularly. Amy was in a phase where she was just discovering her own urges and desperately wanted to catch up with all those experiences she only knew from her new found girlfriends at the time. She wanted to participate in the naughty girls night talks and hand in her v-card to finally join the grown up club because that was her limited understanding of her social interactions and relationships. It certainly didn't help that she was teased about her sexless relationship all the time causing her to be defensive and making her more eager in the process to finally check off that one box on that "what a relationship should be like" list she got from the girls.

Do I think that Amy would be fine with sex more than once-a-year? Sure. Do I think she's desperately craving it to the point that this is some unspeakable burden for her like you suggest? Nah, not by a long stretch!

Yes, the girl finds her man sexy (and I guess since we're supposed to ignore Jim Parson's muscles part of the joke is the mere idea someone could find Sheldon sexy) but there's nothing wrong with that. And as we've seen this season they freely engage in all sorts of physical amorous activities (save for the holy grail of p-in-v sex, naturally) so I'm sure that her needs are taken care of one way or another.

41 minutes ago, Anita said:

Please, enlight me, because it's driving me crazy. In what circumstances he could tell the canteen lady?

There have been a few suggestions. I'd go with the idea that when he is queuing for his food at the counter, Sheldon has to wait while some of the servers are chatting to one another, moaning about their husbands' demands, or about how their husbands won't oblige and just lie there,snoring. When it's his turn to be served, Sheldon says he never makes demands but intends always to be ready to perform annually on his lady's birthday.

Why Dr Woo, though ? Does he ask Sheldon about relationship agreements and the conversation develops from there ?

17 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

There have been a few suggestions. I'd go with the idea that when he is queuing for his food at the counter, Sheldon has to wait while some of the servers are chatting to one another, moaning about their husbands' demands, or about how their husbands won't oblige and just lie there,snoring. When it's his turn to be served, Sheldon says he never makes demands but intends always to be ready to perform annually on his lady's birthday.

Why Dr Woo, though ? Does he ask Sheldon about relationship agreements and the conversation develops from there ?

Maybe he was standing next in line. LOL

that could work, treat it more like one long movie instead of separate episodes. I might try that one day.

I'm the same as you, I just can't bring myself to watch season 9 ep 1-9,@jonny makes a very good suggestion here but I'm still not brace enough to do it !!!! Maybe one day........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Soopysue said:

I'm the same as you, I just can't bring myself to watch season 9 ep 1-9,@jonny makes a very good suggestion here but I'm still not brace enough to do it !!!! Maybe one day........

You know, last year I could not rewatch season 9 like you but I followed the advice from here as it could be seen from the second part of the season 9 and then go back to beginning  of the season 9 and shamy suffering would make more sense and be less painful. And I did it and it indeed got better but I made another experiment ( yeah lab worker vices, lol) and it works even better if you watch s10e 1--11, go rewatch s9 and then again all s10 episodes aired so far. The pain is almost residual as we see how well and in same page are our couple. An experiment I recomend. Only for shamy shippers with high level of obssession, lol!

Edited by spidergirl

3 hours ago, Soopysue said:

I can't take any credit lol, it was whoever suggested watching 9.1-10  or 9.1-11 in one session which is definitely the way to get through it imo. Because you know by the time you have finished watching they are back together.

Even then it's not a particularly enjoyable experience. There are some episodes I won't likely ever watch again or most certainly anytime soon such as Speckerman (Viewing Party Combustion is now on that list as well) but I can't do that with early Season 9 or so many episodes in a row because I think it's vital that you do actually watch it. It's a tough viewing experience but it's that way for a reason and it's part of their journey.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:11 AM, spidergirl said:

I wonder if Amy lifted her hands from the steering wheel as she was daydreaming of Sheldon.Because it seemed she wanted to grab something at some point , lol! Best tag scene ever! 

207bbb0e-8019-4802-812c-e11f7d336829.gif

She probably just grabbed on to the steering wheel , only tighter. Lmao ! Perfect fan girl reaction from Mayim.

16 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

She probably just grabbed on to the steering wheel , only tighter. Lmao ! Perfect fan girl reaction from Mayim.

Yeah, it would be safer at least, lol!

Last night I rewatched the open night ( on tv) and Mayim's performance to all plotline was outstanding. The scene "we can find out together" has always the power to make a bad day I had went totally away and warm my heart. I know I am repeating myself but I am very grateful for such wonderful couple be performaced by the talented Jim and Mayim. I really cant wait for all great shamy moments they might do on screen yet, like proposal, wedding and mostly the litle powerful moments of shamy that show so well how they have been always to meant together :) 

9 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Really? Then, sheldon is not the only one indiscreet if the canteen's employees are discusing their sexual lives In front of the costumers.

I don't know what kind of relationship he has with Dr woo, but i'm assuming that more personal that with the canteen lady, maybe he just  saw him in the hallway and said good morning dr cooper, how was your  weekend? And Sheldon told him  literally all his weekend. 

14 minutes ago, Anita said:

Really? Then, sheldon is not the only one indiscreet if the canteen's employees are discusing their sexual lives In front of the costumers.

I don't know what kind of relationship he has with Dr woo, but i'm assuming that more personal that with the canteen lady, maybe he just  saw him in the hallway and said good morning dr cooper, how was your  weekend? And Sheldon told him  literally all his weekend. 

It would be possible, lol! Our Shelley tends to be too literally about things! :icon_cheesygrin:

One of my favourites Sheldon quirky ideas was "there is no half sandwiches", lol! My colleagues and I say that too now for fun!

Edited by spidergirl

14 hours ago, sarah7 said:

I would agree with the point that if it is not in character for someone to be happy or complaisant about a state of affairs, then we can't let the showrunners get away with simply telling us that the character is happy, or is not unhappy. And I also do understand that there is a tendency of Shamy plots to serve whatever the writers think Sheldon needs as a character. And that can be frustrating for fans of Amy or in general good writing.

Where I disagree is that Amy has such a high libido. What we have observed is that she didn't use to have a filter. She used to talk about masturbation - initially clinically, and then exuberantly.

In the first case (cf. Sheldon and Amy's first date, with poor Penny in tow), I remind you that Sheldon joined in with the discussion of Amy's subjecting herself to experiments, and Sheldon's camp. And yes, I'm sure the world would think of Amy's experiences as more valid sexual experiences, but I submit that the issue here is not that Amy's more experienced than Sheldon or that she has more interest. The issue here is that both impersonal experiences are discussed by Sheldon and Amy with exactly the same clinical detachment. Amy could have had penetrative intercourse, Masters-and-Johnson style, with the entire neuroscience department of Harvard, and he and Amy would likely have discussed it the same way.

In the second case, what we know is that Amy wanted to join in with girl bonding rituals. Penny was her first crush on the show, and is still the one who's had the most influence on her. @April and @mirs1 have already noted that 'wanting to join in with what you think of as girl talk and 'grown-up' stuff'=/= 'being ready to go all the time. or most of the time. or even a lot of the time.' I'll only add that on many of the occasions where Sheldon's initiated contact (Locomotive Manipulation kiss, Indecision Amalgamation kiss, Brain Bowl seduction), Amy has tended to perform a remarkably convincing impersonation of a wax effigy. Which is not to say that she doesn't want Sheldon, or anything like that. It does, however, suggest that she might be more comfortable talking the talk than walking the walk. And also maybe that she prefers being in the driver's seat?

15 hours ago, sarah7 said:

. I would like to see her bragging with her girlfriends about only needing to do it once a year and feel satisfied, and to look down at the others thinking, just as Sheldon, that she is superior than them for not being a slave of her hormones, and preferring a session of harp playing to an afternoon of hanky-panky, I mean, if low-frequency sex is going to be their quirk, let's do it equally satisfying for both, shall we?

I would like  to see Amy do all this you mentioned in the bold part, if the writers want to fully convince me that she is ok with this arrangement.  Otherwise i can see how some people may think that Amy is supressing her desire for Sheldon’s sake or whatever (I personally still don't believe that)

Edited by serena_1995