[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

20 minutes ago, Anita said:

Here , you go to the test with de driving school's car, your driving school's teacher goes with you and the examiner in the car during the test. 

Very similar in the UK, except the instructor doesn't have to be in the car, during the test.

The insurance is valid, provided the pupil is accompanied by either the instructor, or the examiner.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This driving topic is very interesting. It took me years to finally get my license. I can drive, but I'm not comfortable driving at all. I had gone to a driving school before, but my instructor was crazy, and he took me out on the most frightening routes ever. I shudder even thinking about it now! I always felt like Sheldon was a kindred spirit, since we both had difficulties learning to drive. It's nice to know I'm in good company with others who are not so good or comfortable with driving either. 

Okay , I have rewatched a few more times in HD and these are the things I have noticed and have not mentioned them yet:

* Love the smiles of shamy as they remembered the day they met. Although Sheldon made a not nice comment about Bert's date did not show , he mentioned Amy showed in theirs. I could sense a glimpse of happiness in his voice as he mentioned that to Bert. Looking back to then we remember Sheldon did not want to go to the date. Blessing always Raj and Howard for that! And the dirty sock! :icon_cheesygrin:

* I have paid attention to the whole scene in stairs as Amy said to Sheldon that was humilliating to know everybody knew about their sex life. Sheldon almost yelled at Amy as he said they barely had one. First time it seemed it could have been said in a mocking tone but no, it seemed more likely he was upset about that. Love when shamies here help me to be more careful about details :)

* After watching the whole scene in their bedroom, the secret thoughts started with a kind of tease "Two years ago..."What does come to our mind? Ring. Then Amy as she was intruigued ask if they were naughty. Sheldon answered "a litle". Writers teasing us about engangement and their sexual life in the same sentence. Dudes, you have to stop with that tease, there are people here who are not in their twenties anymore, lol!

*After the driver's licence revelation, Sheldon winked at Amy. How cute is Sheldon when he does that?

*Love the Amy's pride look at Sheldon as he sincerely apologized to her. I really loved their bed talks, thanks Jim for being our captain through and through! <3

BTW, I have rewatched the promo for next week too and is that me or Majim were fighting to not laugh? :icon_cheesygrin:

28 minutes ago, Foxy Teakettle said:

This driving topic is very interesting. It took me years to finally get my license. I can drive, but I'm not comfortable driving at all. I had gone to a driving school before, but my instructor was crazy, and he took me out on the most frightening routes ever. I shudder even thinking about it now! I always felt like Sheldon was a kindred spirit, since we both had difficulties learning to drive. It's nice to know I'm in good company with others who are not so good or comfortable with driving either. 

This! I just love to talk with you , guys. We have more in common than shamy love and it is really spot on . Kindred spirit, sometimes I feel the same about what I have in common with Sheldon and Amy :)

Edited by spidergirl

Anyone else see the irony of Shamy having conducted an experiment on their friends involving gossip and their non-existant sex life, and last night's episode where Sheldon engages in gossip about his very real (albeit infrequent) sex life with Amy and gets in trouble? bahahahaha!

2 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Anyone else see the irony of Shamy having conducted an experiment on their friends involving gossip and their non-existant sex life, and last night's episode where Sheldon engages in gossip about his very real (albeit infrequent) sex life with Amy and gets in trouble? bahahahaha!

Good catch! Sheldon is living a few ironies lately, hehe! Love that!

8 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Ohhh yeah! That's pretty hilarious lol!

I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely loved Shamy in this episode. The only "negative" thing about their plot was Sheldon oversharing about their sex life, but it was an honest mistake so I can let it slide. I do have to say though that hearing Sheldon do his regurgitated "blah blah...I'm sorry I made this mistake...blah blah...now I know not to do it again" schtick is starting to get old. Will these ~learning a lesson~ plots ever end? How many epiphanies can a man have during the run of a TV show?

Putting that aside, I just loved the way Shamy interacted all through the episode. They just seemed so couple-y. It's cute that they still have date nights and they don't just go to the same place all the time. I even liked their fight on the stairs and in 4b, but then I'm a sucker for some good drama.

Of course the bedroom scene was the highlight. Like I said when this episode was taped, Sheldon and Amy in the middle of the chart (and dr Fink? lol) with just Sheldon's very private thoughts between them is a great visual of how Sheldon views his relationship with Amy. I also really liked Sheldon telling Amy about having a driving license. The lying was typical selfish Sheldon but I hope to see him drive a car in the future. Maybe there's going to be a reference in the next episode where Amy will be like "Well, you've got a driving license so you can drive your ass there"? Lastly, I loved seeing Sheldon be protective about Amy and their relationship by telling everyone in the cafeteria off about their behaviour.

One of the many tidbits that I liked in this episode was Amy's reaction in the cold open. While she called what the guys were doing immature, when Raj managed to hold his breath long enough she actually cheered along with them, which I thought was cute and a way to show that once a nerd, always a nerd.

Lastly (for real this time), I can't help but notice that there's an obvious change in the way Shamy interacted in this episode from all the previous ones. I think this change has been very subtly in the works for a long time now and has been given a big boost with the cohabitation in this season. There were little signs of it in previous episodes like Romance Recalibration but here it was really noticeable. The way they behave towards each other feels much more intimate now, to the point where there were moments that it felt like watching a movie or something and not a sitcom. To me, at least.

4 minutes ago, Judith said:

I'm probably in the minority but I absolutely loved Shamy in this episode. The only "negative" thing about their plot was Sheldon oversharing about their sex life, but it was an honest mistake so I can let it slide. I do have to say though that hearing Sheldon do his regurgitated "blah blah...I'm sorry I made this mistake...blah blah...now I know not to do it again" schtick is starting to get old. Will these ~learning a lesson~ plots ever end? How many epiphanies can a man have during the run of a TV show?

Putting that aside, I just loved the way Shamy interacted all through the episode. They just seemed so couple-y. It's cute that they still have date nights and they don't just go to the same place all the time. I even liked their fight on the stairs and in 4b, but then I'm a sucker for some good drama.

Of course the bedroom scene was the highlight. Like I said when this episode was taped, Sheldon and Amy in the middle of the chart (and dr Fink? lol) with just Sheldon's very private thoughts between them is a great visual of how Sheldon views his relationship with Amy. I also really liked Sheldon telling Amy about having a driving license. The lying was typical selfish Sheldon but I hope to see him drive a car in the future. Maybe there's going to be a reference in the next episode where Amy will be like "Well, you've got a driving license so you can drive your ass there"? Lastly, I loved seeing Sheldon be protective about Amy and their relationship by telling everyone in the cafeteria off about their behaviour.

One of the many tidbits that I liked in this episode was Amy's reaction in the cold open. While she called what the guys were doing immature, when Raj managed to hold his breath long enough she actually cheered along with them, which I thought was cute and a way to show that once a nerd, always a nerd.

Lastly (for real this time), I can't help but notice that there's an obvious change in the way Shamy interacted in this episode from all the previous ones. I think this change has been very subtly in the works for a long time now and has been given a big boost with the cohabitation in this season. There were little signs of it in previous episodes like Romance Recalibration but here it was really noticeable. The way they behave towards each other feels much more intimate now, to the point where there were moments that it felt like watching a movie or something and not a sitcom. To me, at least.

My thoughts exactly!! I also love how intimate Shamy have become, just in the tiny things. Even their subtle looks and conversation on their date. And of course the makeup scene. It's always in the subtleties with these two! But there's a clear difference in how they interact and look at each other now verses, say, two years ago. 

1 hour ago, Judith said:

I noticed that, too.

It was good to see Raj get some prime time.  I really liked the calls he would make to his parents.  I don't think their divorce has helped the show any. They, and Will Wheaton would be best candidates for increased screen time rather than introducing someone new.  Perhaps the guys can go back to the Cheesecake Factory on Boyz Nite Out and Raj can meet a hot waitress there.

Yeah, the Sheldon 'not understanding boundaries' is a bit repetitive, but that is how dealing with some folks on the spectrum is.

The chart was a great idea and showed a way in which Sheldon uses familiar tools to solve new problems.

The only thing wrong with this episode was the folks in 4a and 4b living in the wrong apartments.

2 hours ago, Maddie said:

My thoughts exactly!! I also love how intimate Shamy have become, just in the tiny things. Even their subtle looks and conversation on their date. And of course the makeup scene. It's always in the subtleties with these two! But there's a clear difference in how they interact and look at each other now verses, say, two years ago. 

I totally agree...

7 hours ago, spidergirl said:

*After the driver's licence revelation, Sheldon winked at Amy. How cute is Sheldon when he does that?

23 hours ago, Soopysue said:

The promo for next week !!!! OMG , Sheldon looking extremely flirty and hot, I love it !!

Awwww.......although  I hate Sheldon's driving license reveal and the promo joke, Jim looked so cute in both scenes

Edited by serena_1995

I had to watch this one 3 times before commenting.  This episode felt, I don't know...kind of off, odd to me.  I'll probable repeat somethings that have already been said, but anyway:

I loved the group sciencey bit in the open.

Date night was cute, I love that the both still dress up for those evenings. Shock & awe, Jim actually ate food in a scene. I think that he is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pushing food around his plate instead of actually eating in a meal based scene.

The whole "Sheldon is a big fat gossip" scenario seemed out of character for me.

The bedroom scene...his line "I'm sorry you were embarrassed".  IMO, that's not an apology, the apology should have been "I'm sorry that my behavior caused you embarrassment".  To me, there is a difference. 

The tag felt, I don't know, choppy? clunky? They have finished way stronger than that scene

That promo perked me up..."maybe what's in my pants will change your mind"....lol  I love unintentionally flirty Sheldon.

I'm 27 and still don't have my license because driving terrifies the crap out of me.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

I had to watch this one 3 times before commenting.  This episode felt, I don't know...kind of off, odd to me.  I'll probable repeat somethings that have already been said, but anyway:

I loved the group sciencey bit in the open.

Date night was cute, I love that the both still dress up for those evenings. Shock & awe, Jim actually ate food in a scene. I think that he is one of the worst offenders when it comes to pushing food around his plate instead of actually eating in a meal based scene.

The whole "Sheldon is a big fat gossip" scenario seemed out of character for me.

The bedroom scene...his line "I'm sorry you were embarrassed".  IMO, that's not an apology, the apology should have been "I'm sorry that my behavior caused you embarrassment".  To me, there is a difference. 

The tag felt, I don't know, choppy? clunky? They have finished way stronger than that scene

That promo perked me up..."maybe what's in my pants will change your mind"....lol  I love unintentionally flirty Sheldon.

You think the promo was unintentionally flirty? You may be right, in the dialogue snippet we got it was clearly unintentional. But the way he moved close to her almost like in range of sniffing her hair or whispering in her ear it was that close and the body language came off as very flirty and suggestive and possibly deliberate. Might just be one of those deliberately ambiguous scenes they do sometimes. Flirty or suggestive with no pay off that they think is 'tee-hee' hilarious. Judging from the comments on YouTube they would be right, people think it's funny. Though some have had a go at Sheldon for getting Amy's hopes up lol.

IIRC someone mentioned on the TR that there was a scene where Jim and Mayim kept cracking up laughing (the tag?) I think this must be it. You can kind of see Jim almost cracking up in that promo and Mayim really struggling to keep a straight face.

Edited by Jonny

Shock & awe, Jim actually ate food in a scene.

He's eaten food before.

Earworm Reverberation and Intimacy Acceleration come to mind.

BTW. I think they had to go with gossipy Sheldon, rather than Sheldon's lie to Kripke, because Amy can't, in all fairness, berate Sheldon, for lying to kripke, about them having a sex life.

Edited by Stephen Hawking

I'm always baffled when that happens. Like I'm watching the scene and something is off but I end up wondering for a while until it hits me: Oh, he's actually eating this time!? LOL

I think with both scenes it's one of those episodes that could have used a bit of a rewrite to strengthen the plot a bit more. The way the apology scene was acted felt very sincere but the line is the kind of thing people say all the time as an apology when a little rephrasing would have been more accurate to the situation. Likewise the last scene was all over the place so that definitely needed some more work.

And it's not like this was a packed episode where things needed to be cut down for brevity - on my player the whole episode incl. opening and ending credits was only a little under 18min. It's like the whole show was one or two scenes short that could have been used to improve the plots a bit.

That was totally intentional flirting from him. The "in my pants" may not have been meant as innuendo (though even with that I'd argue Sheldon isn't that innocent anymore...) cause he was thinking about he list he had literally in his pants but the way he approached her was very flirty.

I have to agree with @Judith's assessment that they're showing Shamy a lot more intimate with each other in many ways and those little flirts are part of that. It's like since the cohabitation started we get to see a more private side of them and I find it absolutely lovely to watch. <3

Edited by April

48 minutes ago, Jonny said:

IIRC someone mentioned on the TR that there was a scene where Jim and Mayim kept cracking up laughing (the tag?) I think this must be it. You can kind of see Jim almost cracking up in that promo and Mayim really struggling to keep a straight face.

From the descriptions it sounds like that's the scene in question. Kinda funny that the one scene our taping reporters didn't wanna spoil ends up in the trailer. LOL

I really wonder how that scene will end though. From the way the episode goes it's that Sheldon ends up pretty alone with his CC plans and thus he tries to persuade Amy to accompany him. So then, will he be successful? Will Amy convince him to stay? Cause somehow I have a hard time imagining Sheldon going to CC alone.

Thoughts?

48 minutes ago, April said:

From the descriptions it sounds like that's the scene in question. Kinda funny that the one scene our taping reporters didn't wanna spoil ends up in the trailer. LOL

I really wonder how that scene will end though. From the way the episode goes it's that Sheldon ends up pretty alone with his CC plans and thus he tries to persuade Amy to accompany him. So then, will he be successful? Will Amy convince him to stay? Cause somehow I have a hard time imagining Sheldon going to CC alone.

Thoughts?

Maybe Amy gives a quick look at the panels list and says something like "Oh, Benedict Cumberbatch* will be a panelist, cool! Let's go!" 

* Or whatever actor she might like, I don't think we know who's Amy's favourite actor, do we?

Edited by mirs1

If it comes down to the only way Sheldon can go is if he goes alone then my guess would be he won't go. Saying that if he decided to go alone I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing at all, maybe actually might be good for him to be a bit of his comfort zone. If there was some major continuity between episodes maybe Sheldon drives there himself?

I can't see what was in the promo changing her mind, if they both go something else must happen for her to change her mind imo.

14 minutes ago, Jonny said:

If it comes down to the only way Sheldon can go is if he goes alone then my guess would be he won't go. Saying that if he decided to go alone I don't think that would necessarily be a bad thing at all, maybe actually might be good for him to be a bit of his comfort zone. If there was some major continuity between episodes maybe Sheldon drives there himself?

I can't see what was in the promo changing her mind, if they both go something else must happen for her to change her mind imo.

I think there's someone on the list Sheldon knows Amy wants to see. His expression is too certain.

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

SDCC is in mid August, so the only ways to actually see Sheldon driving there is a flash forward in 10.17 or if the writers resume this plot later in the season or at the beginning of the next season, but that sounds unlikely to me. 

I don't think anyway the tag will be much longer than the part we saw in the promo, the spoilers we got said it was basically a brief funny joke, so my guess is that at most there will be a (hopefully sassy and funny) line by Amy to close the scene. That line, if we are lucky, will tell us if Sheldon is going to CC and with whom, but I wouldn't rule out that there will be no answer to this question...

1 hour ago, April said:

Thoughts?

I think Sheldon would not go alone to SDCC, even if he went, it would be something natural he had his own hobbies than Amy is not much into. However Sheldon usually manages a way to not do things alone and the way he spoke in promo seemed to me he was very certain he would make Amy changing her mind. I think he was more literal ( the list was in his pants behind his back, lol) as he usual is than being flirty with Amy, although our Shelley is not that innocent man anymore, lol! Agree with the idea of someone Amy fans being in that list. Maybe someone from a show she follow on Netflix. 

47 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

SDCC is in mid August, so the only ways to actually see Sheldon driving there is a flash forward in 10.17 or if the writers resume this plot later in the season or at the beginning of the next season, but that sounds unlikely to me. 

I don't think anyway the tag will be much longer than the part we saw in the promo, the spoilers we got said it was basically a brief funny joke, so my guess is that at most there will be a (hopefully sassy and funny) line by Amy to close the scene. That line, if we are lucky, will tell us if Sheldon is going to CC and with whom, but I wouldn't rule out that there will be no answer to this question...

What has my little brain missed ? Remind me, please : why do we think this scene is the tag ( or part of the tag ) the audience members didn't want to reveal to us ?  

If it is,could it be there's going to be an announcement of a guest super-star we all, including Amy, want to see ?

Or has Amy's mother published a comic and she's on the panel ? Or is Big Dave Giggs speaking ?

Or is there someone such as a priest they know going  who'll marry them ? 

It must be something important if it was worth witholding. That is, if the scene really is from the tag. It doesn't look very important what they've shown us so far. I'm waiting to see the rest of the scene anyway, wherever in the episode it's from.