Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Foxy Teakettle said:

I really hope the engagement happens soon!! They are both in such a good place in their relationship now. I agree, it does feel like the writers are leading to something. I just hope the momentum doesn't slow now that the show will be on for at least 2 more seasons. I can see the writers wanting to maybe stretch things out a bit. I hope they get engaged at the end of this season though because it will just be so fun to see Shamy wedding planning next season.

I find myself wondering what type of wedding those 2 lovable nerds will want. We know Amy will probably want a traditional and princess-y type wedding, but what about Sheldon? What interesting demands will he make? Oh the possibilities!! 

I've never been convinced that Amy would want a big traditional wedding.  I think she'd be happy just getting married and won't really care.  If she does go for the full traditional wedding it will likely be more for her family than herself.  Of the two, Sheldon tends to be go with the more traditional route, so he may want it. 

What I would like to see is Amy saying her vows in Klingon and Sheldon saying his vows in Amy's made up language.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I've never been convinced that Amy would want a big traditional wedding.  I think she'd be happy just getting married and won't really care. 

Absolutely.  Weddings are insanely stressful for anyone, let alone someone on the spectrum and also with OCD.

THAT would definitely make him a flight risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Desdemona said:

Season 11 could start with Amy who arrives at her new work place, meeting her new colleagues. First she likes the new environment, but then she starts to miss Sheldon terribly. At the end of the day she appears at her new apartment and wants to prepare something to eat when the door bell rings.

She opens it and finds Sheldon his clothes soaked and wet. He says that he couldn't let her go, without asking her something.

Amy: Couldn't you have asked me in Pasadena? Or via Skype?

Sheldon: No, I couldn't. I wanted to look you into the eyes when I ask you.

He kneels and asks: "Amy Farrah Fowler, will you marry me?"

How about this?

Last episode of Season 10.

Apartment 4A, with everyone gathered to wish Amy a bon voyage.

Having hugged everyone else, she hugs Sheldon, takes a step back and says to him "Give me a ring", as in a phone call, but Sheldon simply holds out his hand, palm up, with the open ring box sitting on it.

Fade to end credits.

10 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

and Sheldon saying his vows in Amy's made up language.

Which made up language?

Up, Ubbi Dubbi, or the one with two words for spoon?

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I've never been convinced that Amy would want a big traditional wedding.

No?, after the bernadette's maid of honor craziness and the obssesion with  wearing  the tiara i've always envisioned amy wanting the entire fairy tale wedding., with the princess dress and loving the spotlight

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Anita said:

No?, after the bernadette's maid of honor craziness and the obssesion with  wearing  the tiara i've always envisioned amy wanting the entire fairy tale wedding., with the princess dress and loving the spotlight

Same, though I guess a lot can change over the years, her views could have changed especially with how some of her friends got married.

I also could see Amy perhaps taking account what Sheldon would like as well. Might be willing or happy to not do some things to make him more comfortable or at ease.

Personally I would like to see them have a full-works traditional wedding for some of the reasons you stated.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Anita said:

No?, after the bernadette's maid of honor craziness and the obssesion with  wearing  the tiara i've always envisioned amy wanting the entire fairy tale wedding., with the princess dress and loving the spotlight

I was wondering for the longest time if she had grown out of this but then Lenny's wedding re-do happened and Amy was so adorably hyped for it so I think her wedding enthusiasm is still alive and kicking.

Realistically there's a chance that the wedding will be a compromise of some sort - the show doesn't really do huge events like that and all three ceremonies we've seen have been carefully avoiding getting too many people to participate (Lenny's re-do being the biggest yet). So I'm not holding my breath for a really huge thing. But we'll see.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I also could see Amy perhaps taking account what Sheldon would like as well. Might be willing or happy to not do some things to make him more comfortable or at ease

I can see they reaching a compromise and having  a small wedding with just direct family and close friends, but I think that the big dress, tiara and walking down the aisle with the way you look tonight is not negotiable for her 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Anita said:

I can see they reaching a compromise and having  a small wedding with just direct family and close friends, but I think that the big dress, tiara and walking down the aisle with the way you look tonight is not negotiable for her 

I agree with you about the tiara and the nice dress, but I wouldn't be surprised if the writers have forgotten that "The way you look tonight" is supposed to be her song, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Anita said:

No?, after the bernadette's maid of honor craziness and the obssesion with  wearing  the tiara i've always envisioned amy wanting the entire fairy tale wedding., with the princess dress and loving the spotlight

She'd always wanted to be maid of honor and because of what happened previously, she went a bit crazy.  That doesn't mean she wants a big fairy-tale traditional wedding for herself.  Also she never had friends before she met the gang, so her opportunities of being part of something like wedding ceremony had been restricted.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stephen Hawking said:

How about this?

Last episode of Season 10.

Apartment 4A, with everyone gathered to wish Amy a bon voyage.

Having hugged everyone else, she hugs Sheldon, takes a step back and says to him "Give me a ring", as in a phone call, but Sheldon simply holds out his hand, palm up, with the open ring box sitting on it.

Fade to end credits

Would be nice. No matter how Sheldon proposes, Amy will love it and happily say yes. I would love to see her organizing her wedding enthusiastically getting all excited and crazy.

Sorry, I've spent my likes for today.

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Amy kind of going a bit 'bridezilla' is surely too good a comedic opportunity to pass up? LOL

Pretty sure Sheldon will be in groom-zilla mode too, once he and Amy agree on a formal wedding, he will try obey to all sorts of social conventions, probably to some conventions Amy doesn't even know exist, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

She'd always wanted to be maid of honor and because of what happened previously, she went a bit crazy.  That doesn't mean she wants a big fairy-tale traditional wedding for herself.  Also she never had friends before she met the gang, so her opportunities of being part of something like wedding ceremony had been restricted.

 

I don't know, you have a point but I can see her going even crazier with her own wedding. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Anita said:

I can see they reaching a compromise and having  a small wedding with just direct family and close friends, but I think that the big dress, tiara and walking down the aisle with the way you look tonight is not negotiable for her 

I think some things change as people change and grow as human beings and I see Amy keeping some things she would have wished for her wedding since ever and others maybe they would be a bit different than she thought they would. I mean a wedding ceremony planning depends on two people 's wills and sometimes what a woman wished as she was a teen or younger  is different as she does in reality. I hope my post makes sense. I think Amy would get everything that makes her happy in one of her happiest days of her life but if it would not have all things she listed in past, it would not mean she had not had the wedding she dreamed of. As long as she has the people she cares about in the ceremony and she is really marrying Sheldon, the man she loves , everything would be perfect. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Stephen Hawking said:

Maybe they'll have all their friends and family stand outside their bedroom, cheering as they achieve orgasm. :laugh: 

Given what we know about Shamy coitus, that would be a very long wait....

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I mean a wedding ceremony planning depends on two people 's wills and sometimes what a woman wished as she was a teen or younger  is different as she does in reality. I hope my post makes sense. I think Amy would get everything that makes her happy in one if her happiest days of her life but if it would not have all things she listed in past, it would not mean she had not had the wedding she dreamed of. As long as she has the people she cares about in the ceremony and she is really marrying Sheldon, the man she loves , everything would be perfect. 

But amy's wishes doesn't come from her teens, she developed this kind of wishes  after she begun dating sheldon, not so long ago, I agree she can change her mind in some things and she can compromise in others, but I think she would like to have her special day in the traditional way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Anita said:

But amy's wishes doesn't come from her teens, she developed this kind of wishes  after she begun dating sheldon, not so long ago, I agree she can change her mind in some things and she can compromise in others, but I think she would like to have her special day in the traditional way

Maybe she will, who knows? We are only speculating yet, which I love to do with you all here. We will find out together as it happens on show. :) 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, spidergirl said:

Maybe she will, who knows? We are only speculating yet, which I love to fo with you all here. We will find out together as it happens on show. :) 

Well I would  like her to have her special day in the traditional way, dress, aisle, cake, first dance and the whole package, wedding night and honeymoon included. I'm needy baby greedy baby

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Anita said:

Well I would  like her to have her special day in the traditional way, dress, aisle, cake, first dance and the whole package, wedding night and honeymoon included. I'm needy baby greedy baby

Honeymoon included? So it would be needed a whole episode for their wedding night as it would not last just 18-21 minutes as we know, lol!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.