[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

28 minutes ago, Sah said:

While speaking with Entertainment Weekly, executive producer Steve Molaro said that Sheldon and Amy still do not have any plans to tie to knot. However, the engagement ring may come into play during the second half of Season 10. "Right now, there is such a new world of living together and what that means, and working that out. That has offered a boat load of fun stories, so I do not think we are in a rush for an engagement. Everyone knows that ring is floating around. Who knows when? I am excited to find out," he said.

Well, from 10.11 to 10.16 they've certainly worked out a few things (and even before that) so I like to think 10.18 could be the proposal episode.

Although now that everyone knows there will be two more years it's possible they're going to push a proposal into s11. I really hope that's not the case.

3 minutes ago, Riley7 said:

Does episode 18 have any significance in the Shamy-verse? You know like, in past seasons?

Just asking... can't help myself.

There was 5.18 (The Werewolf Transformation) with some moments but even that wasn't really a Shamy episode so I'd say no.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

If she didn't know about it then yeah, I can see them holding off.  Especially with 2 more years.  

But she knows about the ring.  She's known about it for a year now.  

They can't keep dragging it out now that they got the extension.  It would be too obvious that things are getting dragged out instead of having things happen "organically" like Milano likes to brag about.

I agree, it's been a year that she knows about the ring and more importantly in 10.15 she actually cried about the lack of proposal, so you'd think something would happen on that front soon. However, I wouldn't put it past Molaro to put the proposal in the beginning of s11, because technically, it could still be just a few months after 10.15. Also let's not forget that for this group of writers time is relative, so yeah...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

If she didn't know about it then yeah, I can see them holding off.  Especially with 2 more years.  

But she knows about the ring.  She's known about it for a year now.  

They can't keep dragging it out now that they got the extension.  It would be too obvious that things are getting dragged out instead of having things happen "organically" like Milano likes to brag about.

They could get enganged and the wedding might take a while until to happen as there are two more seasons yet. I think it would be time as Amy knows about the ring and honestly it is time to shamy take this step foward in their relationship. About narrative it might bring nice and fresh plotlines as they embrace this phase of their lives. Let see if it might happen tonight or if it is going to be dragg out until the end of the season. Tbh can't believe Sheldon would only propose Amy in S11.

• Like 5

As for the tag scene in the next ep...am I the only one who doesn't see it as flirty?

It seems to me just to be classic Sheldon being too obtuse. I don't think he knows what he was doing...kinda like when he said "you naughty girl" when he was upset about the HP robe. It sounded sexual, but clearly that was only to get a joke in. 

I'm not going to get my hopes up about this next episode, although I'm always happy to get any shamy I can get which it looks like I will get.

Edited by EggCoriander
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Judith said:

I agree, it's been a year that she knows about the ring and more importantly in 10.15 she actually cried about the lack of proposal, so you'd think something would happen on that front soon. However, I wouldn't put it past Molaro to put the proposal in the beginning of s11, because technically, it could still be just a few months after 10.15. Also let's not forget that for this group of writers time is relative, so yeah...

I's been a year for Amy, for us it's been almost two. We deserve it almost as much as she

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Maddie said:

I don't know... we can argue over whether he knew what he was saying with the "maybe what's in my pants will change your mind" line (however I think it's HIGHLY unlikely he didn't know what he was saying lol) but the way he leaned in with his mouth right up next to her ear, and that devilish smirk on his face... he knew exactly what he was doing. :icon_twisted:

Yes. It's not what he says it's how he says it

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

To be fair, last season we wrote more than 100 pages before the season even started, LOL! Cliffhangers make us very chatty!

What about the next 900? They didn't write themselves :p :D

*there goes the smiley again...

Edited by Judith
  • Like 6

26 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

As for the tag scene in the next ep...am I the only one who doesn't see it as flirty?

It seems to me just to be classic Sheldon being too obtuse. I don't think he knows what he was doing...kinda like when he said "you naughty girl" when he was upset about the HP robe. It sounded sexual, but clearly that was only to get a joke in. 

I'm not going to get my hopes up about this next episode, although I'm always happy to get any shamy I can get which it looks like I will get.

With just the words, maybe.  But adding the body language with what he said?  No way!  He knew EXACTLY what he was doing. 

• Like 8

Just now, Judith said:

What about the next 900? They didn't write themselves :p :D

You are right, we were like a self-help group during the first part of the season! Shamy angst hit us hard! But we got rewarded with ON...

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

To be fair, last season we wrote more than 100 pages before the season even started! Cliffhangers make us very chatty! Not that I want another one again this season, LOL!

To bad I was not here yet, those chats must have been so interisting!

However if proposal and the breaking of  once in year rule happen before this season ends...is still possible reach 1000 pages, right? We would be chatting non stop also over the hiatus before season 11! :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, EggCoriander said:

I know he said it sexually, but it's all a set up for the joke. He said "You naughty girl" sexually and then his tone changed in order to "mislead" us for the joke.

I don't thik he said the naughty girl line sexually, it was amy who interpreted it sexually, he was mad and looking at the robe's tag. In the tag scene is all about the body language 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Anita said:

I don't thik he said the naughty girl line sexually, it was amy who interpreted it sexually, he was mad and looking at the robe's tag. In the tag scene is all about the body language 

To be fair, I haven't seen the entire thing. I don't know where it is. I've seen it up to the point where he takes out the paper. Also, I'm terrible at picking up on sexual cues lol. Not as bad as Sheldon, but still.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Anita said:

In the tag scene is all about the body language 

Agree! Sheldon got so close to Amy his face touched slightly her hair and his voice took a deep tone as he said the word "long". That body really spoke what the mind was about, lol!

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

To bad I was not here yet, those chats must have been so interisting!

However if proposal and the breaking of  once in year rule happen before this season ends...is still possible reach 1000 pages, right? We would be chat non stop also over the hiatus before season 11! :icon_cheesygrin:

Yeah, a lot of crying, cursing, plotting revenge, heavy drinking....lol (just kidding)

Activity on the forum does slow down a bit during the summer break. We kill time by following the casts summer projects and adventures. Also by keeping an eye out for Emmy nominations and Comic Con announcements, etc. 

• Like 2

Ok here's my prediction for tonight's taping, even tho it is worth nothing!  I think that as Molaro hinted at the hiatus, the ring will show its face tonight. This will be to "remind" the general viewer that it's still there (as if anyone on this forum has forgotten!!)   That way it will be a set-up for the proposal sometime in the next few episodes.   Thoughts?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EggCoriander said:

I know he said it sexually, but it's all a set up for the joke. He said "You naughty girl" sexually and then his tone changed in order to "mislead" us for the joke.

You have a point there. I think it's better to wait for the episode at this point.

42 minutes ago, heres2U said:

Ok here's my prediction for tonight's taping, even tho it is worth nothing!  I think that as Molaro hinted at the hiatus, the ring will show its face tonight. This will be to "remind" the general viewer that it's still there (as if anyone on this forum has forgotten!!)   That way it will be a set-up for the proposal sometime in the next few episodes.   Thoughts?

I don't know but I'd rather we get straight to the proposal...Tbh if the ring popped up and it was just a way to remind the audience, I wouldn't buy it. To me "reminder" sounds like secret code for dragging out the plot for no reason.

Edited by Judith
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, heres2U said:

For now I am sticking with my earlier prediction....proposal takes place in the penultimate Season 10 episode.

I'm not entirely sure that I believe that Mayim's photo with the Gollum statue has anything to do with tonight's taping.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Jonny said:

I get why people would want to go unspoiled especially in a proposal situation. Me? I would want to know about it, enjoy talking about it with everyone, then actually watching it at US pace, then enjoy talking about it again and then watching it again at UK pace lol. Maybe I am just weird? Kind of enjoy knowing about something and talking about it just as much as watching it lol.

Whatever works for each person but knowing about it wouldn't spoil it for me. For example I knew about the MRI picture discussed it for a while and still almost shed a tear and experienced the feels when I actually watched it lol.

Spoiled or unspoiled I hope whatever happens tonight produces some Shamy goodness either knowable now or eventually later for some people.

The problem with being unspoiled is we don't get the alternative lines the audience saw. I think the little things that are cut out for the final can be very telling. Look at the fun we can have chewing over lines that never turn up in the episode when broadcast ! I even miss the days when we had a fraction of a title to speculate on for a week. :)  

• Like 4