The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

1 hour ago, Judith said:

You have a point there. I think it's better to wait for the episode at this point.

I don't know but I'd rather we get straight to the proposal...Tbh if the ring popped up and it was just a way to remind the audience, I wouldn't buy it. To me "reminder" sounds like secret code for dragging out the plot for no reason.

I would agree. The audience had a recent reminder anyway with the girls in the car and Amy talking about still not being engaged. That was enough of a reminder, no need to see the actual ring again prior to an actual proposal.

If a proposal doesn't happen tonight then fair enough, but it should still happen this season IMO. They are really taking the piss if it drags on until Season 11. 

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, EggCoriander said:

As for the tag scene in the next ep...am I the only one who doesn't see it as flirty?

It seems to me just to be classic Sheldon being too obtuse. I don't think he knows what he was doing...kinda like when he said "you naughty girl" when he was upset about the HP robe. It sounded sexual, but clearly that was only to get a joke in. 

I'm not going to get my hopes up about this next episode, although I'm always happy to get any shamy I can get which it looks like I will get.

The first time I watched the promo, I thought that was just another bad sex joke coming from the writers. 

But, then yesterday I watched the longer version of the promo, in which Sheldon pulled out that list and pointed at the paper, and asked: "It's long, isn't it?" And combined with his look and his tone......I read the reviews about the promo, almost everyone thought Sheldon was being flirty and he was totally teasing Amy.

Now, I'm not sure, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Edited by snapepans
spell error
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, Anita said:

Ohhhh!!! No celebration for us this morning 

Never mind : you can still have some rum or other spirit with us in UK in your breakfast coffee. ;) No underage issue here. The legal drinking age at home is five. ( In France I think it's birth.)

5 hours ago, snapepans said:

The first time I watched the promo, I thought that was just another bad sex joke coming from the writers. 

But, then yesterday I watched the longer version of the promo, in which Sheldon pulled out that list and pointed at the paper, and asked: "It's long, isn't it?" And combined with his look and his tone......I read the reviews about the promo, almost everyone thought Sheldon was being flirty and he was totally teasing Amy.

Now, I'm not sure, I guess I'll have to wait and see.

In UK we call this sort of thing 'double entendre' ( pronounced the French way ) and use it in everyday conversations to be funny. We wouldn't be being flirty unless that means another thing in American language. In fact we wouldn't use double entendre if we really wanted to flirt, far from it.  Do you think Sheldon has been watching British TV  or a Carry On film ? LOL

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Hey fellow Shamys, I posted a pretty lengthy TR in the DT thread (I don't think I'm allowed to post it here?) but as always if you have any question by all means ask away and I'll try to answer if I can. Soooo disappointed that Mayim's tease of an IG post with Gollum amounted to zip! Thanks to all that wished I had a good time (I absolutely did!)

Thank you very much for the TR, it was so nice of you! Happy to hear you had a good time,  even if there was some drama in the episode, but it all made sense, I absolutely agree with your take! So, Shamy have a new furnishing accessory in their home, a full sized Batman statue! That sound awesome!

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Hey fellow Shamys, I posted a pretty lengthy TR in the DT thread (I don't think I'm allowed to post it here?) but as always if you have any question by all means ask away and I'll try to answer if I can. Soooo disappointed that Mayim's tease of an IG post with Gollum amounted to zip! Thanks to all that wished I had a good time (I absolutely did!)

Just read it and so happy to hear you had a great time!

Thanks again! :)

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thank you so much for the detailed tr! So glad you had a wonderful time! The shamy drama made all sense, I liked the way how it seemed to be taken care. A fulll sized Batman statue?LOL, Shelley! Maybe a catwoman cosplay for Amy in works? :icon_cheesygrin:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, 2L344 said:

Thanks again. And yeah, keeping expectations low was the best approach it seem.

10 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Thank you very much for the TR, it was so nice of you! Happy to hear you had a good time,  even if there was some drama in the episode, but it all made sense, I absolutely agree with your take! So, Shamy have a new furnishing accessory in their home, a full sized Batman statue! That sound awesome!

LOL I hope that Batman statue is just for the joke and doesn't actually stay. The apartment is crammed enough!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I was kind of hoping the powerful and beautiful Buridan's Donkey/Ass scene which had a sense of finality or closure had killed off those feelings of longing for his old room/his old life, I guess not...

He didn't want the room back, he wanted to know it was there...

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think Beverly's explanation to Sheldon's anger, coupled with Amy's take on it, make perfect sense. Sheldon has always been a fan of back-up plans, they give hims a sense of security. It has not so much to do with how confident he is in his relationship, but with how his mind work. Knowing that his old room in 4A was still there, just in cases, gave him a peace of mind. Loosing that room probably gave him a glimpse to the unknown, and that's something Sheldon Cooper can't take. Amy knows him so well that she could reassure him with few words and that was enough for him. Well...that and the Batman statue, probably, LOL! 

To me this made all sense, as Beverly was the perfect person to bring that issue out for shamy. The way they were  aware Sheldon's behavior was true but it had nothing to do with his strength of feelings for Amy was realy spot on imo. And I just love how Amy knows so well Sheldon and always know how to help him to figure out by himself something that  can not be clearer for him in first place. And I knew these bed scenes might be great and for @2L344 words they seemed to be good scenes :)

Btw, Sheldon's alterego ( Batman? lol!!!l )might have given  a push to right direction about the hatch scape too, hehe! Amy, you are a lovely peach but you know the guy is crazy for you <3

• Like 5

Thanks so much @2L344 your TR was very detailed !
Not the episode we all secretly hoped it would be - but I do wonder if this is going to pan out with a proposal fairly soon, if Sheldon subconsciously has been feeling a little insecure then , being engaged will be security !! - anyway we will see, I still say engagement by season finale !! I like the sound of @vomnar 's timing - it makes sense to me !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

Thank you so much, @2L344, for the detailed TR. Sounds like you had a great time and I'm so glad you did.

This is one of those episode where I just can't help but roll my eyes at. Some time ago I jokingly asked for a little Shamy drama since all the goodness we've been given this season and this must be it. It's fine, I guess. It's just an episode and I'm kinda okay with it. If there's one thing I hate about this is that they tell us Sheldon still being insecure (even for a moment) about his relationship. I know that by the end of the episode we have the "our relationship is stronger than ever" bit but, I don't know, I despise the fact that the audience has been shown Sheldon having (although slightest) doubts on his relationship with Amy. Yeah, the room is just a hypothetical plan B that he needs in his well-ordered life, bla bla bla. All is well in the end, so yay. Now, when is he gonna propose? I'm waiting.

(Also I have to wonder what is wrong with Mayim, because every single time she looks excited about a taping, drama happens. Luckily for my sanity, I don't believe a single word she has to say on TBBT anymore. lol)

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, nusspot said:

Thank you so much, @2L344, for the detailed TR. Sounds like you had a great time and I'm so glad you did.

This is one of those episode where I just can't help but roll my eyes at. Some time ago I jokingly asked for a little Shamy drama since all the goodness we've been given this season and this must be it. It's fine, I guess. It's just an episode and I'm kinda okay with it. If there's one thing I hate about this is that they tell us Sheldon still being insecure (even for a moment) about his relationship. I know that by the end of the episode we have the "our relationship is stronger than ever" bit but, I don't know, I despise the fact that the audience has been shown Sheldon having (although slightest) doubts on his relationship with Amy. Yeah, the room is just a hypothetical plan B that he needs in his well-ordered life, bla bla bla. All is well in the end, so yay. Now, when is he gonna propose? I'm waiting.

As said in my comment above, this feels like an episode that's kinda addressing the most prominent theories from the audience. For Shamy I've seen the idea quite a bit that Sheldon still has his room as a Plan B when things will go bad with Amy (these are usually not coming from Shamy shippers, to be fair) so the show is dealing with that by throwing this out there with the help of Beverly and then Shamy work through it and declare this is BS

But yeah, let the guy propose already!

4 minutes ago, nusspot said:

(Also I have to wonder what is wrong with Mayim, because every single time she looks excited about a taping, drama happens. Luckily for my sanity, I don't believe a single word she has to say on TBBT anymore. lol)

To be fair to her: She didn't really say much, now did she?

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, April said:

Pretty sure the poor girl didn't even remember that the Gollum featured in 8.24, probably, knowing her, that was the first time ever she noticed that prop, LOL!

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, nusspot said:

Yeah, I wonder the same. I like Mayim very much but I hardly believe in her TBBT IG posts related anymore, lol! 

You and @April made posts I mostly agree about Sheldon's behavior and possible doubts about his relationship wih Amy. Imo sometimes some of those issues seem to be just for  filling episodes until the end of the season, as I believe the proposal would happen in this season yet. I mean filling episodes as we know Sheldon has no doubts about his feelings for Amy . However it made all sense as Sheldon feels he could need a escape plan Amy concerned but only for the place, not from her company as love partner as he had shown this season he is with all his heart and soul on their relationship. It is natural a guy with the control issues as Sheldon as he needs  slowly to get its own self control of his life and now it is time for he feels his place with Amy is his own escape from outside as there he can do everything he feels good side by side with his girl there. I think it was what Batman statue meant by the end of the episode. 4B is shamy 's love nest and it feels finaly also Sheldon's and Amy's place as individual, you know. I  would  just like to know more about Amy's feelings as she is adjusting to their new reality as a couple who shares everything in same place as well.

Now as Sheldon cut his last tie to 4A, I wonder if he would finaly remove the dust of that ring! 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, April said:

Fair point. Sometimes we try to read too much into things. But what I mean is, there was that time when she said the episode being taped was beautiful and the next day we found out it was the Spockumentary. I mean, it was beautiful (not so much to see Sheldon so distraught; to each their own). And now, of all the props, she posts Gollum. How naive and sadistic do you have to be? I'm kidding here. I don't think in the slightest she does it on purpose. I, for one, am not disappointed because, knowing how Mayim is, I knew the outcome already. lol Maybe it is just our fault. We get too excited at times. Just I wish she were more careful at times. But hey, she got the bed scenes right! We even get an ILY from Sheldon! And I thought the next time we would hear those words from him would be during the proposal. Silly me; Molaro, you surprise me every time.

Edited by nusspot
I got the episode wrong. It was the one at the aquarium.
  • Like 2

Maybe Mayim is anxious about the ring just like us....Good I kept my expectations low this time.

I'm start to think they will leave the proposal to the end of season 10...as a cliffhanger perhaps (they could have at least 3..Raj moving to india, Lenny pregnancy or divorce and Shamy proposal ....)

Thanks for TR

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Pretty sure the poor girl didn't even remember that the Gollum featured in 8.24, probably, knowing her, that was the first time ever she noticed that prop, LOL!

Ha! I'm starting to think she has a thing for Gollum; she posts on it quite "often". Ha!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, April said:

As said in my comment above, this feels like an episode that's kinda addressing the most prominent theories from the audience. For Shamy I've seen the idea quite a bit that Sheldon still has his room as a Plan B when things will go bad with Amy (these are usually not coming from Shamy shippers, to be fair) so the show is dealing with that by throwing this out there with the help of Beverly and then Shamy work through it and declare this is BS

But yeah, let the guy propose already!

You are probably right in that they are trying to drive home to the audience in some way that going back to 4A isn't an option for Sheldon anymore with his part in this storyline.

But I had already thought that after the discussion at the comic store and then the Buridan's donkey scene in the hallway that Sheldon was at a crossroads and was making a choice. Well I thought he had, maybe I just saw it wrong and that wasn't what the writers intended? Maybe it wasn't as final as I had first thought and this storyline now reinforces it absolutely?

To be fair that scene went over a lot of people's heads at the time (judging from comments on social media, YouTube and even professional reviewers of the show) so if this actually hammers it home then fair enough.

On the Gollum thing you are right she didn't say anything, no caption to hint at something. People leapt to conclusions especially when it is fun to speculate including myself.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

Fair point. Sometimes we try to read too much into things. But what I mean is, there was that time when she said the episode being taped was beautiful and the next day we found out it was the Spockumentary. I mean, it was beautiful (not so much to see Sheldon so distraught; to each their own). And now, of all the props, she posts Gollum. How naive and sadistic do you have to be? I'm kidding here. I don't think in the slightest she does it on purpose. I, for one, am not disappointed because, knowing how Mayim is, I knew the outcome already. lol Maybe it is just our fault. We get too excited at times. Just I wish she were more careful at times.

The "beautiful" episode was Platonic Permutation - and save for the tag I thought it was. I really liked the aquarium set so this might have been what she meant. But yeah, I think it's mostly us fans over-interpreting her pictures/words and infusing them with our wishful thinking. Nothing wrong with taking what she posts with a grain of salt but I think blaming her for our speculations is a bit much.

2 minutes ago, nusspot said:

But hey, she got the bed scenes right! We even get an ILY from Sheldon! And I thought the next time we would hear those words from him would be during the proposal. Silly me; Molaro, you surprise me every time.

Haha yes! That was a really nice extra. Also Amy being Sheldon's "dessert" makes me think back to their S6 date: "Dessert is served." LOL

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

You are probably right in that they are trying to drive home to the audience in some way that going back to 4A isn't an option for Sheldon anymore with his part in this storyline.

But I had already thought that after the discussion at the comic store and then the Buridan's donkey scene in the hallway that Sheldon was at a crossroads and was making a choice. Well I thought he had, maybe I just saw it wrong and that wasn't what the writers intended? Maybe it wasn't as final as I had first thought and this storyline now reinforces it absolutely?

To be fair that scene went over a lot of people's heads at the time (judging from comments on social media, YouTube and even professional reviewers of the show) so if this actually hammers it home then fair enough.

I think that was exactly the problem. I can only imagine the writers having gotten enough reactions from audience members or even press people asking them if Sheldon will move back into 4A or whatever that they felt the need to address it in some form. Occupying his old room with Raj now kills two birds with one stone.

• Like 7

Too bad it wasn't a proposal. This sounds like one of those episodes you have to watch first...I think I'll wait to watch it and then comment (maybe).

• Like 4