[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not super excited for this episode ( I reserve judgement till I've seen it though !!) BUT with all the Shamy goodness we've had this season we did say we were due a little drama !
I agree here with@april I think the writers were confirming yet again that Sheldon will not be returning to 4A , I think sometimes I forget that the general public need these things hammered home - not like us lol !!! They used Sheldons quirks to go with a back up plan story . The whole episode reads as though it's a "the audience love these jokes episode ".
Anyway I'm glad all seemed good in the end, and we got an I love you squeeee - as I said in my last post I do think proposal is coming and soon, providing the security the writers thought Sheldon subconsciously worries about ......I really think it's time now, I'd like the closure on that ring please !!!!
Anyway new episode tonight so yay !!!! And listen if this is our drama quota for this season I'd say we got off very lightly - lucky us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

2 hours ago, nusspot said:

(Also I have to wonder what is wrong with Mayim, because every single time she looks excited about a taping, drama happens. Luckily for my sanity, I don't believe a single word she has to say on TBBT anymore. lol)

I don't really mind the drama in this particular ep, but agree soooo much on Mayim. It's just weird. I love her but I've learnt to reverse pretty much all of her reactions on Shamy and then I usually get it right.

• Like 3

Also Leonard's mom seems to take great joy in the perceived "suffering" of other couples, probably because her marriage was absolutely a bust. Well, at least it's not just her own son's relationship that she loves to tear apart! :p But man, what a callous woman.

3 minutes ago, April said:

That's a good take on it, I think. We usually get these big gestures from Sheldon pacifying Amy cause she spend so much time thinking he's a flight risk. Now the tables have turned to the point where on some subconscious level Sheldon maybe thinks Amy is a flight risk so it would be great to get an equally big gesture from her about her commitment - like a version for Love Spell but with switched roles. And if the writers keep it up with the gang's mockery we might actually get to that point.

I mean, let's say Sheldon's biggest fear is that Amy may think less of him and the gang's mockery over even the slightest missteps plays right into those insecurities. All it takes is one evening in 4A where things go too far, Sheldon's anxiety kicks in and he flees to a save space where Amy eventually finds him and gives him a heart warming pep talk.

Not sure we'll actually get such an episode but the ingredients are all there.

I would love love love for this to happen!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maddie said:

I actually thought he tag of Platonic Permutation was the most beautiful part! I'm eternally touched by the notion that Amy wanted Sheldon back unconditionally. And Sheldon's line about getting over her not being one of the things he excels at. I love it. <3

Anyway, I don't really see this episode as dramatic as I do the writers shining a light on something that's always been there that most of us have forgotten. It makes perfect sense and is completely in keeping with Sheldon's character to want to have back up plans in case things go awry. And the fact that Sheldon is so upset over this suggestion that he's not completely secure in his relationship says a lot about how he actually consciously feels very secure. And the thought of not being secure terrifies him because he loves Amy and he doesn't want anything to come between them. 

I also think it's a breath of fresh air to have Sheldon be the one who's "insecure" instead of Amy for a change. She's the one reassuring him instead of the other way around. I personally really like that. 

If the writers wanted to (which I doubt will happen because I'm always wrong lol) they could delve deeper and have a whole proposal plot around Sheldon being subconsciously hesitant to propose because of what happened the last time he had plans to propose. And if they had Amy once again reassuring Sheldon that if he proposed she'd say yes and everything would be fine, that would also be a breath of fresh air. 

The only thing that had me furrowing my brows, and I can see I'm not the only one, is this disproportionate outraged the group had to Sheldon in this episode. And the jabs from Lenny in the hall seem really strangely mean considering at that point Sheldon hadn't said a thing wrong to inspire those mean comments. But of course I need to see the episode first! 

Ooh and I also love the references to thee first time they said I love you and I LOVE Sheldon reiterating it again! You guys know how I am about ILYs!

Thanks so much, Randy!!! Your TR was so awesome!

Same here! I melt everytime they exchange ILY or recall lovely moments they have spent together <3

Btw I agree about the outraged thing to Sheldon. Sometimes I get tired of some behavior from the gang to Sheldon. He would not be ever a saint but hey, there are moments the gang really overeacting  about him. It is a pity they after so much time they could not recognize he is improving about some emotional stuff. I know, recurrent gags that personally dont make me laugh a second. But it makes part of the narrative, I just need to move on emotionally to next scene as these scenes air.

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Anita said:

I don't thik he said the naughty girl line sexually, it was amy who interpreted it sexually, he was mad and looking at the robe's tag. In the tag scene is all about the body language 

Yeah it was all about body language i could see sheldon's little shelly saying hi down there lol but he was also i little turned on too did you SEE  that kiss he gave her Damn sheldon know how to do it lol

4 hours ago, spidergirl said:

Thank you so much for the detailed tr! So glad you had a wonderful time! The shamy drama made all sense, I liked the way how it seemed to be taken care. A fulll sized Batman statue?LOL, Shelley! Maybe a catwoman cosplay for Amy in works? :icon_cheesygrin:

Spider girl can you send it to me i can find it

17 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

Yeah it was all about body language i could see sheldon's little shelly saying hi down there lol but he was also i little turned on too did you SEE  that kiss he gave her Damn sheldon know how to do it lol

Spider girl can you send it to me i can find it

You mean the taping report? It is posted by @2L344 in Discussion thread. :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shamour said:

Thank you so much 2L344! That was really detailed and I'm thrilled that you took all this time to provide us with spoilers!

Just a quick question: Am I the only one who found Sheldon's declaration he would eat Amy last ("and because I love you, you're the dessert") very romantic in his quirky way?

Amy, you know what you've got to do next: Put on a nice catwoman suit (after all cosplay is your thing right?), get all covered up in strawberries (or spaghetti with little pieces of hot dogs, I don't care) and tell Sheldon that dessert is served... :-)

You were not the only one, hehe! It reminded me the date night he quoted Spiderman movie after Amy said the dessert was served. Agree with you about that Catwoman suit for Amy: Sheldon's Bruce Wayne needs Amy's Selina Kyle. After all a pearl necklace suits Amy style, lol! :wink:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

4 hours ago, Jonny said:

But I had already thought that after the discussion at the comic store and then the Buridan's donkey scene in the hallway that Sheldon was at a crossroads and was making a choice. Well I thought he had, maybe I just saw it wrong and that wasn't what the writers intended? Maybe it wasn't as final as I had first thought and this storyline now reinforces it absolutely?

That is how I, too, interpreted it.

• Like 2

No! I also think it's extremely romantic, but also a very funny and strangely adorable and dorkably charming thing to say.
His compliments are always so quirky haha. And I also love how he said "because I love you" instead of "because you're my girlfriend." It's so much more meaningful that way, and I love love love that he's not shy about telling her he loves her. 
I never would have imagined they would be throwing around the L-word as much as they do now. :wub:
When he proposes to her I'm sure we'll get a kickass ILY too!

Oh my God - you just killed me with feels !!!
I also noticed he said " because I love you " - awwww so adorably adorakable this conversation - I love them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

On the subject of gifts, I don't mind Sheldon's shitty snake gift at all. I expect him to get it wrong sometimes. And well, Amy did tell him to surprise her! I don't know but that gift sounded surprising enough to me. :icon_razz:

As for the rest, it makes me very happy that Sheldon's dessert comment comes at the end of the drama in this episode (which, tbh, wasn't much of a drama for Shamy). It's reassuring, if you know what I mean.

Thankfully there's a new episode tonight to distract me because I really need to see how 10.18 will play out.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Maddie said:

No! I also think it's extremely romantic, but also a very funny and strangely adorable and dorkably charming thing to say.

His compliments are always so quirky haha. And I also love how he said "because I love you" instead of "because you're my girlfriend." It's so much more meaningful that way, and I love love love that he's not shy about telling her he loves her. 

I never would have imagined they would be throwing around the L-word as much as they do now. :wub:

When he proposes to her I'm sure we'll get a kickass ILY too!

This! I love how Sheldon’s words choice are always so adorably quirky but so meaningful to Amy and he is not indeed shy about saying his love for her. Who would say Sheldon is a romantic type? He is more hippie than he thought he would ever be! Love that! 

Btw, that proposal would just be a powerfull kickass moment with a such memorable mutual ILY!! A big bang to be! <3

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, koops said:

What does MTE mean? lol! 

My thoughts exactly. ;)

1 hour ago, koops said:

As for Sheldon... To me it's not a matter of then vs. now, necessarily, but a matter of context.

I don't think Sheldon has ever been "only a jerk". Even back in the day, he had episodes where he was very wise and helpful and tried hard, and episodes where he was more self-centered and obnoxious. As much as I don't think that "Sheldon being Sheldon" is ever an excuse (and I ranted about that plenty), I also don't think that "Sheldon being Sheldon" means he needs to be put in his place all the time just because he's the way he is.  I do agree that he's been deliberately shown to work hard on himself in these last few episodes, but if in the episode he had done something truly obnoxious and excessive (like the way he escalated things when he and Leonard were fighting over possessions) then fine, he deserves it. But here he didn't do anything that warranted that kind of reaction, quite the contrary. I think Sheldon has and will continue to have moments where he is more of a jerk and moments where he's trying hard and fumbling and moments when he's trying hard and succeeding. But the fact that the writers seem to treat most of these situations as Sheldon being automatically in the wrong just by virtue of being Sheldon, is irksome to say the least. Especially when, despite their (admirable, IMO) refusal to label him, they clearly make it obvious time and time again that a lot of these things are things he struggles with and are out of his control. 

This is true. Maybe I could have worded my post more precisely and I certainly didn't mean to say that Sheldon was always a jerk. But my broader point still stands that in the past Sheldon had in general more "jerk moments", often motivated by his own selfishness, arrogance or because he just didn't care how his actions hurt somebody else. And I think what they do now with him ever since S9 is that he actually started caring and the writers have been peeling away his jerky attitudes and singled out the areas where it's a matter of him having a differently wired brain and thus, as you say, his ineptitude is out of his control. Like, in simple quantity terms old Sheldon had more moments that would justify an outrage vs. what we get now. (The fight about the possessions is his only real major jerk plot I can think of and we're already through 3/4th of the season. Maybe one could count his rudeness to the parents in the opening. But 2 out of 18 so far is really not that much.)

And it's not just the big plot blow outs in the gang. It's also happening with little barbs flying into his direction in normal conversations for seemingly no reason. I mean, sure if he said something offensive or genuinely annoying then by all means, snark all you want. And I understand they're supposed to be funny jokes or whatever but with snarky humour you need an acceptable target to work but when Sheldon has done nothing wrong I just don't understand why that's supposed to be funny. Like with this episode on the stairs - Sheldon expresses his sympathy, Leonard makes a snarky comment, Sheldon is upset about that, and then Penny justifies it because... people are just reacting to his obnoxiousness??? but what was so terrible that you are reacting to!????? And as you say, it starts to feel like Sheldon's mere existence somehow is reason enough which I dearly hope is not what the writers actually want.

Cause on the other hand I've noticed for a while now that Sheldon also understand the hurtful nature of those comments cause we get a reaction from him every time - be it a fed up side glance or now even a disapproving comment. These things are piling up and I can't help but wonder if one day the whole thing just boils over. At the very least then it wouldn't have been completely for naught.

1 hour ago, koops said:

ETA: On the other hand, I am frankly fed up with the show coddling Raj like he's this poor poor fellow who is so perfect and nice if only a good woman turned to look at him and everyone needs to feel sorry for him all the time, now even because he apparently was so spoiled all his life that now he's broke because he can't make ends meet on his scientist salary (unlike, I don't know, every single other character on the show other than Penny and Bernie, who are on the same salary and do just fine). Raj can literally do and say anything and the women of the gang, especially, are written as teaming up around him to console him. They're at least exposing his flaws more this season, but it still comes with that veil of "poor baby" like the universe is against him for no good reason. 

Oh god, yes, this! Ughh.

15 minutes ago, Judith said:

On the subject of gifts, I don't mind Sheldon's shitty snake gift at all. I expect him to get it wrong sometimes. And well, Amy did tell him to surprise her! I don't know but that gift sounded surprising enough to me. :icon_razz:

Haha, same! Like, what did you expect, Amy?? Making such vague wishes was a rookie mistake right there! You saw the Mars video - be thankful you didn't end up with a face full of cake frosting. LOL

Fingers crossed Sheldon thinks of something better this year. :icon_wink:

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, April said:

Fingers crossed Sheldon thinks of something better this year. :icon_wink:

For all his lousy anniversery gifts Sheldon has actually given some great romantic ones like naming the asteroid after Amy , his lit up Brain Scan and the surprise brunch (technically not a gift,  but a gesture). Tbh , at this point it wouldn't kill the writers to have Amy give him some romantic gifts on screen coz I don't even recall what Amy got him on their anniversary.  Her gestures don't have to be ultra romantic, infact it would be kinda funny if the situation was reversed and we see Sheldon complaining about a lousy gift Amy got him. I just want them to mix it up a bit , they are repeating themselves.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 9