Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

Sorry for interjecting a change of topic—but it's something thats been present in my mind all day:

While I'm happy (very much) with this season, on my wishlist would be more stories that show Amy more as her own character. And i've already written an idea for an episode in my head on how I want it to go. (ironically I have writer's block for a script as a class assignment):

The gang would find out that Amy will be spending an evening alone in 4B. They track down Sheldon and demand to know what he did to make her upset. They would rant on how he's clearly leaving her to do his own selfish thing. Leading to Sheldon calmly stating that Amy will be alone that night because she wanted to. That Amy (on some level) misses her freedom to have a little "Amy Time" and just be in her own company. Sheldon would then state that he fully understands that need, and that he supports her. Penny still has a hard time believing it—Amy "I never had any friends" Fowler wants to be alone?! She finds Amy, who in kind reassures her that, yes, she just wants to do her own thing that night. Cut to Penny in the other apartment, clearly looking fidgety, and glancing at the door, she eventually gets fed up and bursts through the door of 4B...only to find Amy on the couch doing her own Amy things. (Having an EEG on her head and/or watching a jane austen film while reading the corresponding book to compare) Maybe sitting under her afghan and knitting, eating junk food etc. Penny would be...well Penny "ReallyThis is how you want to spend your Saturday night?" (side note: I love the PAMY friendship, but I think some friction is long overdue for them, if anything for variety) Amy could then make a comment that maybe Penny's just having a hard time comprehending that "wall flower Amy" can exist outside of Penny's world now. That she's grown from being afraid to be alone. Penny would ask her how can be happy living like an old lady (or something to that affect), wouldn't she rather go out and have some real fun. 

Amy would start to explain—but then stop herself. "No, I don't have to defend myself. I am having fun, even it doesn't make sense to you" this could then lead to them discussing how Penny (and the rest of the gang) patronize her life (her fashion choices, her hobbies, her relationship) This part could be really heartfelt, with the two reaching equal ground and a better understanding. 

We've seen those two start to be on more equal ground —which is fantastic, but I would love for Amy to defend herself, and her way of life. She is her own character with her own interests and she should be allowed to express that. I'm glad this season they seem to be weaning themselves off from the "Amy is normal/poor Amy" trope, but to let her be quirky (and proud of it) I feel would be the icing on the cake.  

Or maybe I'm just rambling, I don't know. Ignore me. 

I´m sorry but I won´t ignore your post, because I love your idea! Don´t give up, the writer´s block will pass!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, wowbagger said:

Yeah, but it's Sheldon who's obsessed with children and eggs and whatnot. Has Amy shown much anxiety about that on-screen?

Incidentally, the only way that I'd like the proposal issue to be resolved is for Amy to realise that she doesn't need the sodding ring to prove that Sheldon loves her or is committed to her. That stupid weepy breakdown in the car is basically the only sodding time recently that Amy's whined about marriage and progress - especially given the warp-speed at which they've moved this season. Before that it was Amy who wanted a time-out, Amy who was dating other dudes, Amy who wanted back into the relationship with no conditions, Amy who took coitus off the table during the moving-in episode, Amy who needed to be manipulated into continuing cohabitation, and Amy who hightailed it when Sheldon wanted to drop trou and make babies. But yeah, sure, one moment where Amy is trying to play along with Penny and Bernie's frustrations, and the show would like you to ignore all other available evidence and believe that Amy's desperate for a ring, is unhappy with where her relationship is at, Sheldon's a flight-risk, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Now, to be clear: Amy's allowed to want to get married. Nobody's saying no. I'm just saying that it's a bit of a stretch for the show to pull that card given that Amy's the one who has repeatedly put the kibosh on precipitate forward momentum and hasn't otherwise shown all that keen an appetite for formal/traditional arrangements. And also, sadly, there's been too much blood under the bridge with the push/pull for me to relish more of it. If there must be a proposal, I'd like it to be pretty matter-of-fact.

In fact....hey, @April, do you remember ages back when we were spitballing about a Shamy wedding, and you floated the idea of a Shamy wedding happening offscreen and for the pair to bring it up with shrugged shoulders? I would be completely on board. Just basically: 'oh yeah, we got married. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got a Renaissance Fayre to go to!'

Great ! They could have nipped to Vegas on a train and made vows before a Spock or Dumbledore Impersonator, or popped round to the nearest church to the apartment building. Whatever. If we're spared all the weeks of preparation,fingers crossed  for fear something will go wrong, I'll be even happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

So Sheldon would propose, using a ring Amy gave to him?

That would look odd, even for Shamy. LOL. Proposing with a ring, however, would be too ordinary for them. I think it will happen in a less deliberately prepared way. They'll realise they're engaged, then the conversation will turn to rings. I'm suggesting if they don't want to use the one in the safe, Amy could say she likes one her aunt left her, which has happier sentimental memories. Or the aunt might have already given it to Sheldon, which we could see in flashback.

(When Mary was telling Sheldon to hang on to the ring when he wanted to send it back, one reason was Missy's already being married. That made me think women could wear engagement rings from their own family.)

There's still the alternative I've put forward before, that they don't use an old one despite Amy's love of secondhand things, but go to the jeweller's where the tiara came from and start their own heirloom set.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, I haven't been around here for a while! I missed you guys!

I think you get 2 types of Shamy fans in the world : those that want the big romantic proposal and wedding and those who want a simple meaningful proposal and a drama-free off-screen wedding.

I don't know which of the two I am, so I'm gonna cheat and say, big romantic proposal and drama-free off-screen wedding (if we get to see pictures!) I don't mind... ring or no ring, they're practically married so it doesn't matter. 

I'm not very excited about the next episode, but maybe it's not as bad as I'm fearing it is... who knows?

Anyway, happy week fellow shippers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, wowbagger said:

In fact....hey, @April, do you remember ages back when we were spitballing about a Shamy wedding, and you floated the idea of a Shamy wedding happening offscreen and for the pair to bring it up with shrugged shoulders? I would be completely on board. Just basically: 'oh yeah, we got married. Now if you'll excuse us, we've got a Renaissance Fayre to go to!'

I might be in the minority here but I would totally love such an off-handed remark like btw, we got married last year during that flag convention, oops haven't we told you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jedichic98 said:

Sorry for interjecting a change of topic—but it's something thats been present in my mind all day:

While I'm happy (very much) with this season, on my wishlist would be more stories that show Amy more as her own character. And i've already written an idea for an episode in my head on how I want it to go. (ironically I have writer's block for a script as a class assignment):

The gang would find out that Amy will be spending an evening alone in 4B. They track down Sheldon and demand to know what he did to make her upset. They would rant on how he's clearly leaving her to do his own selfish thing. Leading to Sheldon calmly stating that Amy will be alone that night because she wanted to. That Amy (on some level) misses her freedom to have a little "Amy Time" and just be in her own company. Sheldon would then state that he fully understands that need, and that he supports her. Penny still has a hard time believing it—Amy "I never had any friends" Fowler wants to be alone?! She finds Amy, who in kind reassures her that, yes, she just wants to do her own thing that night. Cut to Penny in the other apartment, clearly looking fidgety, and glancing at the door, she eventually gets fed up and bursts through the door of 4B...only to find Amy on the couch doing her own Amy things. (Having an EEG on her head and/or watching a jane austen film while reading the corresponding book to compare) Maybe sitting under her

 

To be fair, Amy has not been 100 % supportive of Sheldon's interests . So I wouldn't  expect Sheldon being 100 % supportive of her interests. Ofcourse Sheldon's ideas were outlandish,  and Amy has a right to disapprove the train room , the Locomotive engine or the batman statue, but that means I'd also  like to see a scenario, where Amy wants to bring in a big  harp or even a monkey , and Sheldon is the one annoyed or weirded out by her, (but ultimately agrees to it?) , for a change.  All for comedy of course , nothing serious. We hardly have scenarios where female characters have childish crap of their own, and the men go "really ????" . 

Other than that, I agree that they should definitely focus on Amy's alone time , outside of Sheldon and outside of whatever Penny wants to do.

Edited by serena_1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Riley7 said:

Wow, I haven't been around here for a while! I missed you guys!

I think you get 2 types of Shamy fans in the world : those that want the big romantic proposal and wedding and those who want a simple meaningful proposal and a drama-free off-screen wedding.

I don't know which of the two I am, so I'm gonna cheat and say, big romantic proposal and drama-free off-screen wedding (if we get to see pictures!) I don't mind... ring or no ring, they're practically married so it doesn't matter. 

I'm not very excited about the next episode, but maybe it's not as bad as I'm fearing it is... who knows?

Anyway, happy week fellow shippers!

 I am sure they will find a perfect solution who would please both types of fans, hehe! It is shamy wedding we are talking about, it must be something especial :)

57 minutes ago, shamour said:

I might be in the minority here but I would totally love such an off-handed remark like btw, we got married last year during that flag convention, oops haven't we told you? 

You know, I am the type of a simple meaningful proposal and a drama free wedding onscreen. But if they decided getting married  off screen I would not be mad but happy because it would mean they did it! I have just to know they are happy but I dont need to see everything they do to be happy :wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spidergirl said:

 I am sure they will find a perfect solution who would please both types of fans, hehe! It is shamy wedding we are talking about, it must be something especial :)

You know, I am the type of a simple meaningful proposal and a drama free wedding onscreen. But if they decided getting married  off screen I would not be mad but happy because it would mean they did it! I have just to know they are happy but I dont need to see everything they do to be happy :wink:

 

I think an off-screen wedding, even if not really OOC, is unlikely, ratings-wise makes little sense. I guess it will be something quirky as Shamy are, but I don't imagine it as a "big" wedding, mostly because it's not the way this kind of stuff are handled in the show. It looks like to me tptb are not particularly comfortable in filming complicated scenes with a lot of extras and elaborated locations, probably because the show is filmed in front of a live audience (even if other shows taped in front of an audience had party or wedding scenes in them), so I guess they will find a way to "downplay" Shamy wedding as well (but as I said, I think they'll nail the Shamy-ness in it).

Anyway, we have a more cogent problem here...Why did Mayim use the hashtag "#workhusband" for Raj in her last IG pic? Is there a twist planned in the show? I knew Kootrappamy was real!!!!  Just kidding, guys, of course, LOL!!!

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think an off-screen wedding, even if not really OOC, is unlikely, ratings-wise makes little sense. I guess it will be something quirky as Shamy are, but I don't imagine it as a "big" wedding, mostly because it's not the way this kind of stuff are handled in the show. It looks like to me tptb are not particularly comfortable in filming complicated scenes with a lot of extras and elaborated locations, probably because the show is filmed in front of a live audience (even if other shows taped in front of an audience had party or wedding scenes in them), so I guess they will find a way to "downplay" Shamy wedding as well (but as I said, I think they'll nail the Shamy-ness in it).

Agree. I meant if there was a chance of shamy married off screen, I would be these fans who would not mind at all. I really hope, as I have said earlier ,an  drama free on screen wedding   which I hope it could be quirky , sweet and memorable which would please all their fans :)

34 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Anyway, we have a more cogent problem here...Why did Mayim use the hashtag "#workhusband" for Raj in her last IG pic? Is there a twist planned in the show? I knew Kootrappamy was real!!!!  Just kidding, guys, of course, LOL!!!

Are you trying to kill me, girl? No way, LOL! :icon_cheesygrin:

 

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be more than ok with it if Amy didn't know about the ring. I agree with you that they are basically married now and they are already adjusting to married life, it's not like Sheldon will pick a different side of the bed once he signs a marriage certificate, or maybe yes...who knows? But Amy knows about the ring, she knows that Sheldon is thinking about marriage for more than one year now and, despite living together and being basically married, he has not popped the question yet. I see that as a possible source of tension and conflict. I mean, Amy seems happy and everything, but who can forbid the writers to make her all in a sudden very dissatisfied for the situation? I don't trust the writers either, they have created conflicts out of nowhere before and they have already shown that Amy wants to get engaged. At this point, I just prefer Sheldon proposes this season.

Agree@Mirs1 totally.@wowbagger I agree with your post apart from the no need for engagement :)



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

 

To be fair, Amy has not been 100 % supportive of Sheldon's interests . So I wouldn't  expect Sheldon being 100 % supportive of her interests. Ofcourse Sheldon's ideas were outlandish,  and Amy has a right to disapprove the train room , the Locomotive engine or the batman statue, but that means I'd also  like to see a scenario, where Amy wants to bring in a big  harp or even a monkey , and Sheldon is the one annoyed or weirded out by her, (but ultimately agrees to it?) , for a change.  All for comedy of course , nothing serious. We hardly have scenarios where female characters have childish crap of their own, and the men go "really ????" . 

Other than that, I agree that they should definitely focus on Amy's alone time , outside of Sheldon and outside of whatever Penny wants to do.

I have rewatched Fish Gut episode last night and I noticed many stuff from Amy's bookshelves in her former place which are now in her and Sheldon's place. I think they are in agreement about both former stuff before they lived together but agree, some friction about a specific iten from Amy could be funny. And in end they sweetly would agree to be more tolerant about things they less like about each other.

 About more Amy's stuff in their place, as @April said her harp is also there too. I remember Sheldon mocking her about her might be think it was cool to play harp. Maybe after he listened to her playing with more attention might made him became fan of her music, hehe. They had a day in her RA about singing and playing together if I am not wrong. Another potencial quirky comedy stuff imo.

 BTW in shamy kitchen next to widowshill (I think it is the word) there is a monkey which seems very Amy's former decoration style. You could watch it in the comic com seductive try from Sheldon to her, LOL!

And a big yes to Amy time alone and more about her work. Some of funniest scenes of the show imo have been about her experiments and her own ideas of having fun. I miss that Amy's side. Hopefully writers may be recovering some shamy more individual stuff to make a nice contrast with their couple identity in upcoming seasons.

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Amy driving, right? I would love a car scene where it's finally Sheldon's turn to do it...Anyway, good news! At least a Shamy scene in the next episode! Who's excited? Also...Sheldon cut his hair a bit too short, LOL!

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

 

Where would they go? Hum, I am so curious, LOL!  They dont seem to be wearing their datenight clothes...

The plot tights, LOL!

EDIT: it is fair after a shared photo  with Kunal, Mayim shared one with Jim. Amy wannabe husband on screen, hehe! The truth was recovered!

Edited by spidergirl
Added text

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again I'll say, how lucky we are with pics etc from these two [emoji4] they are so fabulous to us fans !! They obviously share such a lovely friendship off screen and much much more on screen !!

Lucky lucky us !!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww yes, bless these two for keeping us up to date with cute behind the scenes selfies! <3

I don't think the scene with be anything major* but still: Yay!! ^_^

(*Shamy being together so frequently with their own plots and everything is the new normal - we gotta get used to that. lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! so happy for a Shamy scene, maybe is a domestic one, like going to buy grocery or she bring him to his hairdresser. (looks like he cut his hair) I have small dreams! LOL :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont think it would be anything major in this scene either. However having shamy to share so much together nowdays is so great!  Even this car trip might be a simple go to a medical appointment is so cool to see them sharing everything of their lives. It is so family kind. So married couple. <3

And as @Soopysue said so well, Jim and Mayim are so cool as they share shamy behind the scenes for tease us, for please us and for promoting this wonderful work they have together. They seem to be shamy shippers too and I love that!

Bless Majim beautiful and bonded off screen friendship and shamy inspiring and beautiful  on screen love story :)

Edited by spidergirl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/5/2017 at 5:23 PM, Desdemona said:

We've seen those two start to be on more equal ground —which is fantastic, but I would love for Amy to defend herself, and her way of life. She is her own character with her own interests and she should be allowed to express that. I'm glad this season they seem to be weaning themselves off from the "Amy is normal/poor Amy" trope, but to let her be quirky (and proud of it) I feel would be the icing on the cake.  

I like a lot of things about this

Edited by Tensor
Removed non-Shamy, and non-supportive comments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy taping day, guys! :)

Hopefully we'll get more shamy goodness scenes for we always remember tenderly about them. Crossing fingers for someone very generous from fandom  might attend the taping and could provide precious spoilers later for our delight! We would be very grateful as usual :)

I believe our face will be alike with Sheldon's  in this gif as we logg in the computer in the morning and we read the taping report!

ad8bf43c-8594-4d14-aaac-ac53d62edc9d.gif.846e97b8d5bb87498420183b7bcf164a.gif

Have a beautiful tuesday, everyone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay! Happy Taping day!  
For sure we are going to have a shamy car scene (yay!!), so I hope is a sweet or funny one. I don´t have big expectations about the episode, for me always that they are happy, it´s a perfect one! 

Have a nice day everyone, and enjoy if you have the lucky to go to the taping, we really apreciate so much the spoilers, thanks a million! :) 

ezgif-2-58eff0de4e.gif.8a1ac3a0f97a0df6333b6fec4d0483f3.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.