Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I know he's a lot taller I meant more using his height in an intimidating way. Poorly put I know.

Yeah he has put a lot of muscle on, i watched a season one episode and then a season 8 one shortly after today and the difference is really noticeable.

Yes , he's looking rather buff !!! Those Arms are amazing ! 

Amy is a lucky girl !!

And in real life, Todd is a lucky guy :) 

Edited by Soopysue
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is always sexy when Jim uses his height to play a certain scene. No matter if he walks into the cafeteria yelling at his friends, or if he walks towards Amy raising up in Front of her to his full height (so sexy!) or if he uses dresses that make him look even taller (that black suit, I loved it, he looked so hot!) 

It would be interesting if Sheldon would have to look up to someone who is taller than him. It would be cute if Sheldon would swallow or get on his toes to be on the same height, trying to stretch out his chest while his face would twitch, because he's trying to look intimidating. Sheldon' so cute and funny when he's trying to work on his facial expressions. ( That Joker smile lol)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

It would be interesting if Sheldon would have to look up to someone who is taller than him. It would be cute if Sheldon would swallow or get on his toes to be on the same height, trying to stretch out his chest while his face would twitch, because he's trying to look intimidating. Sheldon' so cute and funny when he's trying to work on his facial expressions. ( That Joker smile lol)

Dave is much taller than Sheldon. TBH, I've always thought tptb chose SM for the part also (not only, of course, he is a great actor) for that feature. In the scene in 9.7 where Sheldon saws Amy kissing Dave, maybe that could have been a subliminal message of the fact she had found someone "better" than him, which had been his biggest fear after the break up. There was never a direct confrontation between the two of them and I'm pretty happy about that, I liked much more the "Kiss her, you brilliant fool!" line we got when they finally met.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Dave is much taller than Sheldon. TBH, I've always thought tptb chose SM for the part also (not only, of course, he is a great actor) for that feature. In the scene in 9.7 where Sheldon saws Amy kissing Dave, maybe that could have been a subliminal message of the fact she had found someone "better" than him, which had been his biggest fear after the break up. There was never a direct confrontation between the two of them and I'm pretty happy about that, I liked much more the "Kiss her, you brilliant fool!" line we got when they finally met.

I guess Sheldon was more worried about the fact, that he came too late, because she had already found someone she was kissing. The fact that she was kissing someone else was a hurtful stitch in his heart and he surely asked himself:"Did she also go further than kissing? " That at least was one of his first questions, how many dates she had and if she had slept with one of them. I would have liked a direct confrontation, just to see the height difference, because I am curious. And I like tall men. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

I guess Sheldon was more worried about the fact, that he came too late, because she had already found someone she was kissing. The fact that she was kissing someone else was a hurtful stitch in his heart and he surely asked himself:"Did she also go further than kissing? " That at least was one of his first questions, how many dates she had and if she had slept with one of them. I would have liked a direct confrontation, just to see the height difference, because I am curious. And I like tall men. 

I don't think it was because of height. By that logic, Vanessa was a lot taller than Amy too.

I like tall men too. But Dave was a little too freakishly tall for my tastes though, lol. I think 6-6'4 is good for me, as I am 5'7. But there are many other characters, even women who have also been tall enough , people who Sheldon can almost look in the eye.  Vanessa, Beverly  and that FBI agent chick in s4 are some examples. 

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I don't think it was because of height. By that logic, Vanessa was a lot taller than Amy too. 

Oh, I didn't mean, that Amy choose to date Dave because he  is taller than Sheldon I just wanted to know how tall Dave is compared to Sheldon, but I didn't want to start a competition about who is taller or whatever. I find it unfair to compare one character with the  other, Dave and Sheldon have their advantages and disadvantages as well as Amy and Vanessa have. 

Edited by Desdemona
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I don't think it was because of height. By that logic, Vanessa was a lot taller than Amy too. 

I don't think Sheldon felt worried about Dave for his height, but that the writers chose an actor which is taller than JP as Amy's date also because they wanted to mirror the fact Sheldon was worried that Amy could have found a "better" match for her. On the other hand, Amy probably doesn't even know that Vanessa exists; for sure on screen nobody mentioned her that Sheldon was planning to date somebody else met after a scavenger hunt on Craigslist. Even assuming that she knows about her, she hasn't seen her. It would have been interesting, though, to see her reaction if she actually met Vanessa; would she had been jealous or felt threatened? And I'm not talking specifically about her looks (even though I think the writers chose an actress which is prettier than Amy on purpose), but of the fact that in theory she was a "better" match for Sheldon, since she shared many of his interests.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

Oh, I didn't mean, that Amy choose to date Dave because he  is taller than Sheldon I just wanted to know how tall Dave is compared to Sheldon, but I didn't want to start a competition about who is taller or whatever. I find it unfair to compare one character with the  other, Dave and Sheldon have their advantages and disadvantages as well as Amy and Vanessa have. 

Yes, yes, but to make your comparison easy : Dave is 6'7. Sheldon is 6'2. You can actually compare them in Earworm.  I was just saying tall people are not a rarity on TBBT. It is just that the main cast is a bit short. LOL. :shy: 

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Desdemona said:

and he surely asked himself:"Did she also go further than kissing? 

I don't think she would've gone inside, leaving Dave on the doorstep, if they'd already had sex.

15 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

even though I think the writers chose an actress which is prettier than Amy on purpose.

I don't think she is prettier than Amy.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, I guess it would not be a surprise if Amy felt threatened by Vanessa because we all know how insecure Amy is when it comes to other women that show interest on Sheldon. Just remember how she marked her territory when Alex became Sheldon 's assistant. (Somehow working with monkeys for  years, has left it' s traces on Amy lol). And she was really shocked when Sheldon told her that he asked other women out for a date. That's why she started dating. So if she had met Vanessa she would be as devastated as Sheldon was when he saw Dave with Amy. Fortunately these days are gone. Now instead of feeling insecure and threatened by every man or woman that crosses their partner's way, it would be nice if Shamy reassured themselves how strong they are now and look forward, working on their issues with communication and intimacy (which is actually a problem of not communicating their needs), planning their future together. 

29 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

Yes, yes, but to make your comparison easy : Dave is 6'7. Sheldon is 6'2. You can actually compare them in Earworm.  I was just saying tall people are not a rarity on TBBT. It is just that the main cast is a bit short. LOL. :shy: 

Interesting thanks! So it's just a small difference. But size doesn't matter. (Pun intended lol) That's true they are short! But I love them all! (Even douchebag Raj, because he is sweet when he supports Bernie) 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think she would've gone inside, leaving Dave on the doorstep, if they'd already had sex.

Obviously some time passed between 9x07 when Sheldon saw them together and 9x09 when he asked whether she slept with anyone. So I think it's a very realistic fear and after seeing the kiss he was probably bracing for the worst.

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

It's finals time for our tournament...

The Opening Night Excitation vs The Adhesive Duck Insufficiency

http://the-big-bang-theory.com/episode-tournament/

Go Shamies, we can do it!!! 

YAY GO SHAMY!!! :D

I'm still so happy Opening Night made it this far so I wouldn't be mad if it doesn't win. But of course I want to see it win - WE CAN DO THIS!!! <3

GQnevergiveup.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think she would've gone inside, leaving Dave on the doorstep, if they'd already had sex.

 

Why not? Not every date has to end with sex. Plus, Sheldon doesn't think about these thinks, he just saw them kissing while his heart broke into pieces. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I don't think she would've gone inside, leaving Dave on the doorstep, if they'd already had sex.

And she'd have stayed for longer than that tiny little respectful peck, which was even less than she got from Leonard the night they went to the wedding. Considering Sheldon reckons he knows from movies what people do, I thought he was too easily discouraged on that occasion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all this talk about Dave and Sheldon's height... I can't stop thinking of the comment Bernadette made to Amy about Amy and Dave having dinner in her apartment and that could possibly lead to sex.  Bernadette, knowing how tall Dave is and that Amy is a virgin, says "That's like taking your driver's license test with a bus!"
Can't find a clip... sorry

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

With all this talk about Dave and Sheldon's height... I can't stop thinking of the comment Bernadette made to Amy about Amy and Dave having dinner in her apartment and that could possibly lead to sex.  Bernadette, knowing how tall Dave is and that Amy is a virgin, says "That's like taking your driver's license test with a bus!"
Can't find a clip... sorry

 

And Bernadette should know  :  that's the clue that the  6'7"  professor, Glenn, in Love Car 4.13 was probably her first. Howard was worried when they were introduced but it was Howard she chose for a husband.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

... I can't stop thinking of the comment Bernadette made to Amy about Amy and Dave having dinner in her apartment and that could possibly lead to sex.  Bernadette, knowing how tall Dave is and that Amy is a virgin, says "That's like taking your driver's license test with a bus!"
...

Haha yes, although not to mention another serious trouble… :shy:

g_47.gif

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obvious joke aside, I always found the underwear line kinda sweet. Sheldon is the only guy who's at Amy's apartment regularly (you can count the other instances when the guys from gang are there on one hand and there's usually one of the other girls present as well) and Amy being so inexperienced probably never gave this a second thought - until Bernie pointed it out. As Sheldon said, what they have is extremely intimate.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Carm6773 said:

Bernadette, knowing how tall Dave is and that Amy is a virgin, says "That's like taking your driver's license test with a bus!"

Instead, Amy decided to take her driving test, with a slightly smaller (but still quite large) bus. :icon_biggrin: 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, April said:

Obvious joke aside, I always found the underwear line kinda sweet. Sheldon is the only guy who's at Amy's apartment regularly (you can count the other instances when the guys from gang are there on one hand and there's usually one of the other girls present as well) and Amy being so inexperienced probably never gave this a second thought - until Bernie pointed it out. As Sheldon said, what they have is extremely intimate.

That is something that makes so special and believable also the moment in ON when Amy enters the room and feels so nervous. She thought to be prepared, she had had a bikini wax, curled her hair  and bought a nice dress and "sexy" night gown, but deep inside she was just an experienced girl who needed to be reassured by the man she loved. That moment was the first in our little "tournament" in the Shamy thread for a reason: it was perfect.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, April said:

Obvious joke aside, I always found the underwear line kinda sweet. Sheldon is the only guy who's at Amy's apartment regularly (you can count the other instances when the guys from gang are there on one hand and there's usually one of the other girls present as well) and Amy being so inexperienced probably never gave this a second thought - until Bernie pointed it out. As Sheldon said, what they have is extremely intimate.

It is indeed. And still I would like to see obvious traces that Sheldon has really become a regularly guest at Amy's or she at his. I would freak out if I would find a sponge bag with Sheldon's name on it in Amy's bathroom. Or Sheldon has an allergic reaction on his skin while he is at Amy's, so she walks into her bathroom and comes back, with his sponge bag, grabs the right lotion out of it (because she knows his sponge bag as good as him)  and rubs it on his skin, while he gives her sweet thankful smile. These are the little daily details I would like to see on screen!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, April said:

Obviously some time passed between 9x07 when Sheldon saw them together and 9x09 when he asked whether she slept with anyone. So I think it's a very realistic fear and after seeing the kiss he was probably bracing for the worst.

Sorry, misunderstood.

I thought Desdemona meant, when he saw Dave kiss Amy, on the doorstep, that made him wonder, if she'd already slept with Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just my two cents how I feel about Earworm and Dave.

Amy really liked Dave, and he was a nice guy. But as for the question what would have happened if Sheldon hadn't interrupted - well nothing! Okay, they would have kissed, and then Amy would have asked him to leave. Because she would have known/felt that this was simply not the right one. I mean look how nervous she was in Opening Night, and this was with the man she dreamed about sharing this for years! 

I just loved how she hesitated before the almost kiss with Dave in Earworm and then said:

"I'm just being silly. I don't know what I'm waiting for.".....

Knock, knock, knock, Amy! Knock, knock, knock, Amy! Knock, knock, knock, Amy!

That's what she was (subconciously) waiting (and hoping) for!

And thank God the writers made it happen! :wub:

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, joyceraye said:

And Bernadette should know  :  that's the clue that the  6'7"  professor, Glenn, in Love Car 4.13 was probably her first. Howard was worried when they were introduced but it was Howard she chose for a husband.

Not too sure about that.... IIRC, Bernadette said she lost her virginity in a Camry.  Glenn was one of her professors, so I'm assuming that their activity happened in at least a hotel room, not a car. 

Edited by Carm6773
wrong car
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.