[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

5 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I wonder if they ultimately come to a conclusion to stop working together? Would be a shame but if he is struggling to work two major projects at the same time then I could totally see Amy putting her boyfriend's health above their project and rightly so if it is making him ill.

I'd rather they find a way to reduce his workload with the military plot - the maths is apparently done anyway so what is he even still doing there!??

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, April said:

I'd rather they find a way to reduce his workload with the military plot - the maths is apparently done anyway so what is he even still doing there!??

Perhaps Sheldon came up with another way to make it even smaller lol? Being serious I got the impression that once all the maths was done his work would be reduced as Leonard and Howard would be building it. Maybe he has to show he is still working on the project and putting hours in the lab because he is being paid? Maybe they have had a set back that requires some calibrations or tweaks.

Might just be one of these storylines that when you think about it it does have some holes in it, though casuals probably don't remember what previously happened with the guidance project.

I hope Shamy keep doing their project, but being overworked isn't good for Sheldon's health and possibly could bleed into their relationship. If they come to a decision to end their project and it make sense storyline wise I can accept that.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, 2L344 said:

Howard was making a reference to "Beauty and the Beast" where all of the animated dishes, utensils, characters sing "Be Our Guest" during the Belle dinner scene.

Dont judge me for knowing lol

I was singing that song today so no judgement from me :rap:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, April said:

It's an autoharp! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoharp

I love that they found a new instrument for Mayim to play!

These promo pics are ridiculously cute. <3

Also, omg that couch is so old and fugly. Someone please take it outside and burn that thing down. Or at least buy a neat cover so I don't have to see those stains from god knows what. Yikes.

Is that a baby's medicine dispenser in Sheldon's mouth ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2L344 said:

Howard was making a reference to "Beauty and the Beast" where all of the animated dishes, utensils, characters sing "Be Our Guest" during the Belle dinner scene.

Dont judge me for knowing lol

Thanks. I haven't seen a Disney cartoon for many years.  References, such as the Rajard discussion on Frozen in the  Comic Center, go right over my head.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, April said:

Well, Howard did say he would teach him some stuff about the mechanical side of things.  At which point Leonard chipped in and said that instead of standing around watching them, he could help them build it.  So that's why he still there.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Well, Howard did say he would teach him some stuff about the mechanical side of things.  At which point Leonard chipped in and said that instead of standing around watching them, he could help them build it.  So that's why he still there.

Oh, I'm well aware of that. It's just that it sounds like a rather voluntary task for him and not something he's required for. He's the maths guy, the maths is done - everything else is just for funsies on his part. (Or so the show seems to tell us here...)

However if this is too much for him to keep up with both the military stuff and his project with Amy I'd say he should prioritise his new project since his work with the military is mostly done and what he and Amy are working on sounds promising. Howard and Leonard surely wouldn't mind to see less of him either. Win-win for everyone! lol

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, April said:

Oh, I'm well aware of that. It's just that it sounds like a rather voluntary task for him and not something he's required for. He's the maths guy, the maths is done - everything else is just for funsies on his part. (Or so the show seems to tell us here...)

However if this is too much for him to keep up with both the military stuff and his project with Amy I'd say he should prioritise his new project since his work with the military is mostly done and what he and Amy are working on sounds promising. Howard and Leonard surely wouldn't mind to see less of him either. Win-win for everyone! lol

It would be the most sensible thing to and would be a win-win for everyone, however there’s probably more comedy (at least to the writers) in having an exhausted and stressed out Sheldon trying to do both.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, April said:

I hope the episode clarifies what's going on here, because as a matter of fact it looked like the Maths part of the job was almost over. They could explain it with a last step which doesn't come to place just yet, for example. I don't really count on it, I doubt casual viewers will catch this little inconsistency, but it would be a nice touch to explain why Sheldon is still needed in the project. Also because I guess that, if he is exhausted, he is still actively working (and hence doing Maths) on it. I agree, anyway, that I would prefer, as the final outcome of the episode, Sheldon being less involved in the Military project, or at least planning his tasks in a more "relaxed" way.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

It would be the most sensible thing to and would be a win-win for everyone, however there’s probably more comedy (at least to the writers) in having an exhausted and stressed out Sheldon trying to do both.

This is certainly true for this episode. Will they keep it up though after this?

3 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I hope the episode clarifies what's going on here, because as a matter of fact it looked up the Maths part of the job was almost over. They could explain it with a last step which doesn't come to place just yet, for example. I don't really count on it, I doubt casual viewers will catch this little inconsistency, but it would be a nice touch to explain why Sheldon is still needed in the project. Also because I guess that, if he is exhausted, he is still actively working (and hence doing Maths) on it. I agree, anyway, that I would prefer, as the final outcome of the episode, Sheldon being less involved in the Military project, or at least planning his tasks in a more "relaxed" way.

It's funny how this episode has finally become interesting for me. I didn't really have many expectations after the vague summary we got from the taping but if this turns out to be something where Sheldon is sorting out his science projects that would be neat. And to think people were complaining Sheldon doesn't do enough science anymore - poor kid does so much he's overworked! lol

I hope he and Amy will figure something out. <3

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I hope the episode clarifies what's going on here, because as a matter of fact it looked like the Maths part of the job was almost over. They could explain it with a last step which doesn't come to place just yet, for example. I don't really count on it, I doubt casual viewers will catch this little inconsistency, but it would be a nice touch to explain why Sheldon is still needed in the project. Also because I guess that, if he is exhausted, he is still actively working (and hence doing Maths) on it. I agree, anyway, that I would prefer, as the final outcome of the episode, Sheldon being less involved in the Military project, or at least planning his tasks in a more "relaxed" way.

I suspect the writers will overlook any inconsistencies in favour of keeping all three working together on the military project.   

• Like 2

I was thinking...maybe this plot is vaguely inspired by Jim, which is actually working on two "big" projects and sometimes (as on his birthday, for example) in the same day he has to report to two different jobs. I just hope he doesn't get as exhausted as Sheldon seems to be, LOL!

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I was thinking...maybe this plot is vaguely inspired by Jim, which is actually working on two "big" projects and sometimes (as on his birthday, for example) in the same day he has to report to two different jobs. I just hope he doesn't get as exhausted as Sheldon seems to be, LOL!

Could be.  I think Jim will be ok though.  He's better at organizing his work life than Sheldon will ever be.

I was thinking that perhaps this is a set up for Sheldon seeing the benefits of taking a proper vacation with his girlfriend. 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

Could be.  I think Jim will be ok though.  He's better at organizing his work life than Sheldon will ever be.

I was thinking that perhaps this is a set up for Sheldon seeing the benefits of taking a proper vacation with his girlfriend. 

The bold part is included on my shamy must happen moments wishlist. I would love to see these two trying to relax but being involved in their science talks at same time. Hope oneday something similar may happen on secreen, as it would be so interisting to see the contrast between the old Sheldon of earlier seasons who did not like to take vacations and the nowadays Sheldon as he had the idea for having vacations time with his Amy. A girl can dream, right? :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

I'll expect there will be some clarification or end outcome decided near the end of the episode to make sure this being overworked stress related illness triggered thing doesn't happen again. I will be really interested to see how it all plays out.

• Like 9

It's an autoharp! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autoharp

I love that they found a new instrument for Mayim to play!

These promo pics are ridiculously cute. Also, omg that couch is so old and fugly. Someone please take it outside and burn that thing down. Or at least buy a neat cover so I don't have to see those stains from god knows what. Yikes.

I hate that couch too lol !!

BTW - what is that in Sheldon's mouth ?? It looks too big to be a thermometer??

Happy taping day all - hope it's a good one and fingers crossed we get some spoilers - if we're super lucky !!

Edit to add the photo didn't add on , it's the one of them on the Shamy couch when Sheldon has a blue thing in his mouth !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

I hate that couch too lol !!

BTW - what is that in Sheldon's mouth ?? It looks too big to be a thermometer??

Happy taping day all - hope it's a good one and fingers crossed we get some spoilers - if we're super lucky !!

Edit to add the photo didn't add on , it's the one of them on the Shamy couch when Sheldon has a blue thing in his mouth !

Here you are; I've no idea what that is, if I remember correctly somebody mentioned it could be a dispenser for having kids to take their medicine, I really really hope it's not it, very tired of the jokes about Sheldon being a child, especially when he's sick! Might it be a whistle he use to play with Amy?

foto4.jpg

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Here you are; I've no idea what that is, if I remember correctly somebody mentioned it could be a dispenser for having kids to take their medicine, I really really hope it's not it, very tired of the jokes about Sheldon being a child, especially when he's sick! Might it be a whistle he use to play with Amy?

I've looked online but whatever this is it doesn't look remotely like a medicine dispenser for kids. My first thought also was something like a whistle to play with Amy but he's also holding it weirdly so I'm not sure.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

whistle he use to play with Amy?

I was thinking in that, maybe they are singing something to distract him for the science so he can relax? I hope it's not another joke about Sheldon being a child, or drug thing to calm him down, I hate that jokes so much! 

Anyway Happy taping day everyone! I'm so anxious to know more about the episode, the possibility of Shamy at the zoo make me so so happy And with fwf back, how could not be a perfect episode? *sigh* 

• Like 4

foto4.thumb.jpg.e822979837be980d6650fcaca790f837.jpg

Thank you ! That's the one !! I know I'm intrigued as to what it can be lol !

• Like 2