[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

6 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I wonder why they are doing a FWF episode now? Saw something about a retrospective. Is it an anniversary of their show or something?

Not that I'm aware - the first FWF was 5x14.

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

Perhaps the number of episodes they've done.  Like the 100th or something.

They are way past 100 by now... in S8 they were already at 232 episodes! lol But yeah, maybe some other round number.

• Like 3

Just now, April said:

They are way past 100 by now... in S8 they were already at 232 episodes! lol But yeah, maybe some other round number.

I've no idea how many they've done.  My first thought was 500, but thought that was too high.  Now you've said they were at 232 in S8 it could very well be the 500th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mirs1 said:

I agree on 10.21, it has more than one joke about how Amy cuts Sheldon off and treats him like a child, which is not my favourite interaction between them, it's a running joke for the show, and as a matter of fact the whole episode seems a festival of running joke for all characters, so that doesn't surprise me.

I like more the sounds of 10.20, the country bar part should be really funny, and apparently Sheldon joins the folks on the dance floor, I'm looking forward to this. As for Amy and Soft Kitty, I like the idea of her singing it while playing that weird instrument and in German and Mandarin, it sounds quirky as Amy is. TBH, though, I've always associated Soft Kitty to something related to child-Sheldon, and in fact up to now people like Penny or Leonard, who act on occasions like pseudo-parents to Sheldon, or Mary herself sang it. I could have lived without Amy doing so...

I would be interested in what version Amy sings Soft Kitty in German. In the synchronized German version of TBBT, the text has a completely different meaning.  :shy:

"Guck, die Katze tanzt allein, tanzt und tanzt auf einem Bein. Guck, die Katze tanzt allein, tanzt und tanzt auf einem Bein."
("Look, the cat dances alone, dances and dances on one leg. Look, the cat dances alone, dances and dances on one leg.")

• Like 9

40 minutes ago, A Shamy gal said:

I've no idea how many they've done.  My first thought was 500, but thought that was too high.  Now you've said they were at 232 in S8 it could very well be the 500th.

well we only have three more tapings to go still hoping for a proposal  I am not very keen for episode 21 who knows it might turn out all right  theres a taping next week am I right fingers crossed for a good shamy one for that

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, veejay said:

I would be interested in what version Amy sings Soft Kitty in German. In the synchronized German version of TBBT, the text has a completely different meaning.  :shy:

"Guck, die Katze tanzt allein, tanzt und tanzt auf einem Bein. Guck, die Katze tanzt allein, tanzt und tanzt auf einem Bein."
("Look, the cat dances alone, dances and dances on one leg. Look, the cat dances alone, dances and dances on one leg.")

It'll also be interesting what they'll do with the dubbed version then. Will they have the German Amy voice actor sing the English version? lol

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, April said:

It'll also be interesting what they'll do with the dubbed version then. Will they have the German Amy voice actor sing the English version? lol

Well, she uses an electrical instrument. Maybe within some proper sound modules and nerdy voice decoders. :icon_biggrin:

THE-BIG-BANG-THEORY-Season-10-Episode-20-Photos-The-Recollection-Dissipation-15.jpeg.19237fa88934a1180fc584d743befa08.jpeg

...on the other hand, I'm glad she doesn't play Sheldon’s theremin.

Edited by veejay
  • Like 1

Just now, veejay said:

Oh, thank you for that clarification, but in the result I was however not so far away, right? LOL

Yeah, I was just searching for a quick explanation/demonstration of how the instrument works and it cracked me up that the first video I stumbled onto was dropping some nice beats as per your suggestion! I'm all for Amy going into electronic music like that - with a quirky twist, naturally. LOL

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, April said:

Yeah, I was just searching for a quick explanation/demonstration of how the instrument works and it cracked me up that the first video I stumbled onto was dropping some nice beats as per your suggestion! I'm all for Amy going into electronic music like that - with a quirky twist, naturally. LOL

I would like that too. It would be also a kind of reminiscence to the nerdy initial position of TBBT. :shy:

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, veejay said:

I would like that too. It would be also a kind of reminiscence to the nerdy initial position of TBBT. :shy:

It would be great if one day Sheldon comes home and finds Amy with all sorts of musical equip and she's recording some remixed folk music or whatever. LOL

A girl can dream...

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, veejay said:

It would be really cool if writers for two next seasons could get back that nerdy tone to all characters that sometimes fails in the show .  Amy 's hobbies are really cool imo, they  could be so much explored than they have been lately. Love especially her thing with music . I love listening to harp and it is always cool when she can play it on screen :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

It would be really cool if writers for two next seasons could get back that nerdy tone to all characters that sometimes fails in the show .  Amy 's hobbies are really cool imo, they  could be so much explored than they have been lately. Love especially her thing with music . I love listening to harp and it is always cool when she can play it on screen :)

I also love listening to Amy's singing.

Obviously she is not a professional singer or whatnot, but I love her taste about music.

And I love her singing and playing with the harp, The Girl From Ipanema and Wanted Dead Or Alive were really cool.  :icon_cheesygrin: 

• Like 9

9 hours ago, April said:

Looking at it rationally it's probably not the worst thing but I could have lived without that as well. LOL

I guess since the lawsuit from a while back was dismissed the writers took the first opportunity to bring the song back into the show.  Oh well...

http://www.thewrap.com/big-bang-theory-soft-kitty-copyright-lawsuit-dismissed-by-judge/

oh thanks for that update, I forgot about that issue!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Anita said:

Well, western bar mystery almost solved (why was he there in the first place???) and zoo mystery totally solved. Finally, I can sleep :rofl:

Seems like he was reacting weirdly to the medicine and ended up wandering around in his delirious state eventually ending up in that bar.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, April said:

Seems like he was reacting weirdly to the medicine and ended up wandering around in his delirious state eventually ending up in that bar.

Oh! I didn't understand that from the report. I had  understood that the journal lost is  before the delirious state. But you make more sense 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Sneak peeks are up; no Shamy scenes, but there's a cafeteria one when Sheldon explains what he and Amy are going to study together.

Thanks for share, I actually laughed with the both sneak peeks, I think is going to be an awesome episode! can´t wait!!!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Sneak peeks are up; no Shamy scenes, but there's a cafeteria one when Sheldon explains what he and Amy are going to study together.

And that peek was awesome! Love the guys talks as they interact  in cafeteria, usually they turn to be nice scenes. And was me or the tone of Sheldon’s voice as he said Amy had a glimpse of pride for they were working together? Or maybe it was just the tone one person in love uses as they say so 's name :)

Can't wait for this episode! Isn't  friday morning yet? :wub:

• Like 6

I'm really liking the old-school feeling of the cafeteria scene and how Sheldon taking an interest in neuroscience is still so very him. Can't wait to see Shamy collaborating with all their scientific competitiveness for myself! :D

• Like 8