[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

That was a great, fun, clever and refreshing  shamy plotline! Imo one of best shamy episodes of this season, science is indeed their element! I loved their interactions, the dialogues were really spot on, wonderful Jim and Mayim performances as usual. There were lots of things I loved ( the hips moves, the over tea mug look, the notebook throw/got back, the smiles, the babe, I know I will eventually post a few times about these details) but what I mostly enjoyed in this episode was the shamy old school vibe as they are not only the couple who love each other and make efforts to share their lives as they live together but also these two scientists who are really passionate about their study fields and their jobs. They are really two one of kind who understand each other  no matter their differences, who make their best to express how much their lives are better as they interact romantically, as friends and now as work partners. I loved how the viewer feel week after week how much intimate and bonded they are getting to each other, they could not be more married, a Pierre and Marie Curie from modern science times. 

And last but not least, Sheldon met Amy grandparents, how cool is that? He after all seems to be showing he has interest in her family, writers I want see more of that, please!

Amy called Sheldon babe and he was comfortable with that! My babies are so grown up, I am so proud!!

9280c07f-ede2-438a-b4da-1d80df597931.gif

Edited by spidergirl

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, RJ1013 said:

Yeah, that insult about her grandparents was in the present tense, so one set of grandparents must still be alive. And if he knows they mumble and slouch, then he must've met them. If we ever see Amy's "Grammy" on the show, I hope she's more fun than Sheldon's Meemaw :)

The grandparents line and the "Thanks, babe" were two of the little details I cut from my TR. Spoilers are fun, but so are surprises!

Loved these two spoilers! Thanks so much for everything about this episode! :)

1 hour ago, snapepans said:

You are absolutely right, and I appreciate your efforts very much!!!

Thank you!!!  :icon_cheesygrin:

I also love one detail.  When Shamy were in the car, Sheldon honked while he was talking about some classified information, like the black lines which covered the classified information in the FBI documents or something. 

I think this plot was very original and refreshing, I love that.

Yup, the car scene was fun . Sheldon honking through the classified information and then when he hears another vehicle honking, he says something like : I wonder what they are redacting ?? I thought that was funny.

Loved it! Probably my favourite episode in the second half of the season, it was funny, old school, science was front and center again and Shamy were really at their best! I think the writers preserved very much Sheldon's and Amy's nature in the plot. For Sheldon science IS indeed a competition, and I find natural that holds true also if he works with Amy. But Amy is a scientist too, so she feels the same way. She tried to be a bit more accommodating at first, but then she gave as good as she got. It's weird, but I loved the banters more than Shamy being all cheesy during the "Happy together" song (even if it was nice to see Amy's harm on Sheldon's waist) . It seemed to me more like "them" when they had those backs and forths alternating grandma's insults with scientific terms, it was very funny. I love the fact Amy has still a set of grandparents alive (other family members to be added to my list of people I want to see in the show) and Sheldon has met them. I loved the Babe part, not really just for the sake of it, but because in 9.23 Amy said that she tried to call Sheldon that way and he didn't took it well. Thank you @RJ1013 for the nice surprise!!!! Finally...I loved Sheldon being flirty using insults in the tag, he can make even "your mama" talk look sexy, LOL!

Edited by mirs1

6 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Loved it! Probably my favourite episode in the second half of the season, it was funny, old school, science was front and center again and Shamy were really at their best! I think the writers preserved very much Sheldon's and Amy's nature in the plot. For Sheldon science IS indeed a competition, and I find natural that holds true also if he works with Amy. But Amy is a scientist too, so she feels the same way. She tried to be a bit more accommodating at first, but then she gave as good as she got. It's weird, but I loved the banters more than Shamy being all cheesy during the "Happy together" song (even if it was nice to see Amy's harm on Sheldon's waist) . It seemed to me more like "them" when they had those backs and forths alternating grandma's insults with scientific terms, it was very funny. I love the fact Amy has still a set of grandparents alive (other family members to be added to my list of people I want to see in the show) and Sheldon has met them. I loved the Babe part, not really just for the sake of it, but because in 9.23 Amy said that she tried to call Sheldon that way and he didn't took well it. Thank you @RJ1013 for the nice surprise!!!! Finally...I loved Sheldon being flirty using insults in the tag, he can make even "your mama" talk look sexy, LOL!

Indeed! Looking back at earlier seasons of the show when Howard behaved as a very sexy man and the sexiest man of the show was still hidden quietly behind his owm rules, books, comics and schedules. Bless Amy Farrah Fowler who brought the best of Sheldon Cooper to reveal , hehe!

Loved it! A fun refreshing storyline and definitely one of the best Shamy storylines during this second half of the season. There was some Shamy intellectual sparring and snark but also some cute and playful moments between them. In particular I LOVED the scene with the music (Great choice btw writers!) and them both in their element but also clearly having a lot of fun!

I think also what I took from it is a reminder just how formidable Amy is especially when she is in Science mode lol. Throwing out his notebook when he was clearly showing some 'old school Sheldon' taking over the project behaviors and the 'rule no.1 I make the rules' lol. You can see why they just get each other and how much that the allure of the brain plays in their relationship which is just fantastic!

Some insults sure but at least they had some scientific merit to them by making their brain more focused on the project. The other thing I took from the episode as it was a fear that was brought up is I don't think they will allow this project to damage their relationship. Very happy to see that being raised and considered and an indication that they will likely end the project if it does start to damage their relationship.

Oh and how can I not mention that she called him babe and he was fine with it! I like to see stuff like that between them. :yes:

Really enjoyable Shamy episode, hope we get to see more glimpses from this project again at some point.

Edited by Jonny

8 hours ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

WHY CAN'T SHELDON REMEMBER ANYTHING NEXT WEEK?!  It looks like such a funny episode, but I suspect little Shamy.  Glad this week was such a cute Shamy episode.  

Apparently he was working too hard both for the gyroscope and for the project with Amy and that made him sick. He took some cold medicines that knocked him down and as a result he didn't remember anything that happened to him the day before.  He even ended up in a Country bar and danced with the other patrons there. 

There are not many details about the episode, I guess there are not many Shamy scenes, but the ones that are there seem nice, at least judging from the promo pics. We should be watching Shamy woking together (in the same day Sheldon goes back and forth between his two work projects), Amy taking care of sick Sheldon (she sings Soft Kitty to him, not my favourite thing ever, but it looks weird enough, since she sings it in German and Mandarine too) and above all, there's a pic of the two of them having breakfast together in their robe. That was one of the biggest wishes our fandom has had even before they started living together, happy that the writers, as they seem to be doing this season, have listened to us, LOL! So, not a monumental Shamy episode per se, but I guess, all in all, we can't complain.

Edited by mirs1

Omg I loved so much the episode, all their scenes were magics! Amy throwing away the notebook was my favourites lol, the insults weren´t too much and we have a lot of funny and sweets scenes and a coitus gaze!.
They are touching while they open the board pen, Amy calls him Babe! (and he didn't say nothing so it´s not the first time!!) Sheldon eats from amy´s hand, and she blow her nose so close to him and he didn´t go away!,
Ohh Shelly what that vixen did to you? *sigh*

And just for you know, this is Sheldon´s "I´m gonna eat you, Amy Farrah Fowler" face!! yeahhh *wink*

58de157a42a9d_ezgif-1-c5995bc5ba(1).gif.10be8e4d97a3943005e0b9396749d574.gif

6 minutes ago, anicez said:

Omg I loved so much the episode, all their scenes were magics! Amy throwing away the notebook was my favourites lol, the insults weren´t too much and we have a lot of funny and sweets scenes and a coitus gaze!.
They are touching while they open the board pen, Amy calls him Babe! (and he didn't say nothing so it´s not the first time!!) Sheldon eats from amy´s hand, and she blow her nose so close to him and he didn´t go away!,
Ohh Shelly what that vixen did to you? *sigh*

And just for you know, this is Sheldon´s "I´m gonna eat you, Amy Farrah Fowler" face!! yeahhh *wink*

58de157a42a9d_ezgif-1-c5995bc5ba(1).gif.10be8e4d97a3943005e0b9396749d574.gif

They have so much fun together, havent they? *sigh*

I am over the moon this morning because of them, cant help myself, lol! Their banter was so delicious, much  better than the cheesy moments. I enjoyed them but what reallly made me so happy was the delicious banter! *grin*

It was so worth woke up at 6: oo am for watching the episode! :wub:

Edited by spidergirl

What a glorious Shamy episode that was!! Loved it from start to finish - our favourite couple was amazing in it! :wub:

First and foremost showing Shamy in their element as scientists complete with their competitiveness about their respective fields and the snarky banter is always something I enjoy. I also loved them goofing around and being cute in general. So this is basically everything I ever wanted! Thank you writers!! <3

Anyway, a few details I noted while watching the episode:

- Tickling Sheldon's body is not okay which only raises the question: Did that happen once? Like Shamy rolling around in bed having a tickle fight?? They've been so adorable in this episode I can believe it! LOL

- I remember some people complaining about Amy not having her harp in the apartment. Well she kinda as 4 now: A tiny one on the shelf next to the apartment door, a small one next to the bedroom door, the huge one she's carrying into the apartment and the autoharp from next episode which is technically a zither but close enough. I hope y'all are happy now! :icon_wink:

- Sheldon's sexy walk imitating Amy! It's always fun to get an insight into how he sees her, all sex on legs, apparently! lol

- No nonsense Amy throwing out his notebook was hilarious. I think that's the first time in 10 years that window was open!

- The "Happy Together" montage was so fun and adorable. I loved seeing them goofing off and throwing around snacks and all that. <3

- The nose whistle thing amused me to no end for some reason.

- Something on Amy's family!!! :D

- Sheldon suggesting Amy could insult the way he dresses cracked me up!

- Amy made the rule about the stupid questions which Sheldon loves. Also, THANKS BABE!!! #dead

- Sheldon, that was way too flirty for a "yo momma" joke! lol

All in all, what a great episode! Can't wait to see how this all develops in the future. #ForScience!

Such a wonderful episode. Along with all the moments mentioned here. I also liked the marry the gorilla reference in the car scene. Not that she wanted to marry the gorilla but that Amy referenced " marry" at all. Hoping it's another writers hint!

Edited by Shamyyes

Just watched it and....I loved it!!!! Shamy perfection!!

Amy called Sheldon " babe ".....I had to rewind that to make sure I'd heard right!!

Now I'm off to read all of your wonderful comments....and rewatch the episode again!!

37 minutes ago, Shamyyes said:

Such a wonderful episode. Along with all the moments mentioned here. I also liked the marry the gorilla reference in the car scene. Not that she wanted to marry the gorilla but that Amy referenced " marry" at all. Hoping it's another writers hint!

Oh, I noted that too! And I liked for two reasons: the first is the one you mentioned, it might be a clue about a forthcoming wedding/engagement, finger crossed for that! But the main reason why I liked the line is that Amy wasn't bitter about it, it actually looked like she thought what they have now is basically a "marriage". Now, don't get me wrong, I want a nice wedding like the next fan, but I really think they are already married, this episode screams "so married" really loud. I like that Amy seems to feel the same, especially after the scene in the parking lot with Bernie and Penny, where she was even crying over not even knowing about Sheldon's attitude towards marriage.

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Oh, I noted that too! And I liked for two reasons: the first is the one you mentioned, it might be a clue about a forthcoming wedding/engagement, finger crossed for that! But the main reason why I liked the line is that Amy wasn't bitter about it, it actually looked like she thought what they have now is basically a "marriage". Now, don't get me wrong, I want a nice wedding like the next fan, but I really think they are already married, this episode screams "so married" really loud. I like that Amy seems to feel the same, especially after the scene in the parking lot with Bernie and Penny, where she was even crying over not even knowing about Sheldon's attitude towards marriage.

I am with you on this! Course I want a nice wedding too but these litle hints as they showed they are so married and so in same page that make me really happier even more, even they dont have these wedding bands on their fingers yet. They are already bonded by heart and soul, and it is most importante for my shipper eyes.

Edited by spidergirl

4 hours ago, mirs1 said:

Loved it! Probably my favourite episode in the second half of the season, it was funny, old school, science was front and center again and Shamy were really at their best! I think the writers preserved very much Sheldon's and Amy's nature in the plot. For Sheldon science IS indeed a competition, and I find natural that holds true also if he works with Amy. But Amy is a scientist too, so she feels the same way. She tried to be a bit more accommodating at first, but then she gave as good as she got. It's weird, but I loved the banters more than Shamy being all cheesy during the "Happy together" song (even if it was nice to see Amy's harm on Sheldon's waist) . It seemed to me more like "them" when they had those backs and forths alternating grandma's insults with scientific terms, it was very funny. I love the fact Amy has still a set of grandparents alive (other family members to be added to my list of people I want to see in the show) and Sheldon has met them. I loved the Babe part, not really just for the sake of it, but because in 9.23 Amy said that she tried to call Sheldon that way and he didn't took it well. Thank you @RJ1013 for the nice surprise!!!! Finally...I loved Sheldon being flirty using insults in the tag, he can make even "your mama" talk look sexy, LOL!

He also had his arm around her shoulders as well.  You can see the tips of his fingers on her upper left arm.

5 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

He also had his arm around her shoulders as well.  You can see the tips of his fingers on her upper left arm.

Seeing them arm in arm next to each other was so cute! :D

I just watched the episode and I loved it. My expectations were high and I wasn't disappointed.

A quik note, I don't know if it has been already mencionated, (I have a busy day, I couldn't read the comments)

maybe sheldon's last line, the mama line is based in the truth? Could amy's mother got  pregnant by a sailor and never saw him again? It would be a little cruel but it has me thinking

Eeeek I already said how much I loved the ep but reading your comments, especially@april - I love your thinking with regard to the tickling lol !!! All the point you made were spot on ! @mirs1 - so right about the "marry /married" thinking that made me squeeee a little inside ! ........ pleeeaaasseeee writers let's have them engaged before season end !!! Then this season will be just perfect in my book !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This episode was everything I've ever wanted and more. I can officially die happy now. And I want "Biology + Physics = peanut buttercup of the mind" engraved on my tombstone. It's a serious contender for my favorite episode of the show now, but most definitely in the top 3. And I'm seriously getting ideas for work LOL 

My personal highlights on second viewing: 

- The honking in the car scene made me laugh out loud (twice) more than any scene in recent memory, and so did the nose-whistling scene when Sheldon realizes it was him after all;

- The montage was the most adorable thing ever, and it really shows how fun they can have together in a way that, I'm sorry, no other couple on this show does.

- Sheldon insulting her grandparents and Amy falling for it and him looking all smug that she did. 

- The tag was classic Shamy, finding pride in being snarky.

- And, finally, the project. As I might have mentioned a few times, the intersection of physics and neuroscience is my #1 research interest, so this was a total nerdgasm for me. While not specifically the branch of physics+neuroscience that tickles my fancy, and not one I know much about, it was pretty interesting to look it up! There was one line that didn't make any sense to me (the occipital cortex "seeing" an action potential... wtf?) but it was cool how grounded in real science the whole thing actually was. I've been to a few talks about the time-lag between initiation and awareness, and it's a pretty hot topic in motor neuroscience, but I wasn't aware of the Copenhagen interpretation and the similarities do sound quite interesting so I want to read up more about it :) I have to say, this season in terms of scientific nerdery is really ticking the boxes. Between the gyroscope, the brain in a bowl, the emotion detector, now this? I dare anyone who complains this has become too much of a rom-com to tell me there isn't enough science anymore.

18 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

How adorable was this moment? 1000 points! <3

0b5e2806-7739-44f0-bb4b-a5d7b2506b24.gif

aww! they are the best!!! *sigh*

Thanks writers for this wonderful season, If the proposal finally will happen, it would be the cherry on the top of a delicious season! (I´m so so happy today!)

14 minutes ago, anicez said:

aww! they are the best!!! *sigh*

Thanks writers for this wonderful season, If the proposal finally will happen, it would be the cherry on the top of a delicious season! (I´m so so happy today!)

True! This season is one of my favourite shamy related, so many great things happened to them and their happiness is visible in each detail :wub:

14 minutes ago, anicez said:

I´m so so happy today!

Me too! Do you know that feeling you are smiling all the time? I have been like that all day! :)