[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

6 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Bold part was so true! I just love how Sheldon had been working on his fears and phobias as much he bonded to Amy. It's like he did not lived plenty as the fears controlled him before he met her and Amy was the key to him live freely, you know.  To have fun , to enjoy more life as he might explore everyhing he feared in past. That scene on bar with all these strangers was realy a challenge to Sheldon, who would freaked out if someone told him in past he would be touched by so many strangers. It is really a delight to me as Sheldon's  fan to see his growth and his smile as he shares his life with his Amy. As shipper  I am really over the moon and they are not even engaged yet!

Btw I wish we could have seen more from Sheldon in that country bar. Sometimes it would be so cool if each episode had 45 minutes. Great scenes got so litle as they cant have much screen time. At least shamy scenes seem to me most of time so litle because if I could I would be watching more from their lives for hours and hours. It's  a shipper thing, hehe. :)

That would be great!

I`m in for longer lasting episode, 45 min. would be great!

Or a TBBT movie! 120 minutes, full of Shamy, Lenny, Howardette and all the other characters!

I already have a few plots in my mind!

They just would need a warning for toddlers, kids and teenagers. :icon_cheesygrin:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Capt. Hilts said:

Am I the only one who is surprised Sheldon did not ask her to sing it in Klingon?

She doesn't know Klingon. He knows that and he doesn't want her to learn. Perhaps he asked her next to sing it in her own made-up language. 

Edited by joyceraye

46 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

She doesn't know Klingon. He knows that and he doesn't want her to learn. Perhaps he asked her next to sing it in her own made-up language. 

Both would have been hilarious :)

3 hours ago, Desdemona said:

That would be great!

I`m in for longer lasting episode, 45 min. would be great!

Or a TBBT movie! 120 minutes, full of Shamy, Lenny, Howardette and all the other characters!

I already have a few plots in my mind!

They just would need a warning for toddlers, kids and teenagers. :icon_cheesygrin:

Truncated scenes - do they show the full ones on DVDs ? Do they show alternative scenes that didn't make it to the final cut ? I've never splashed out on a DVD but would do so if they contained those. I'd love to see the full cowboy dance and longer shots at the train museum.

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It would be hilarious if Amy secretly learns it and next time he tries to be secretive with one of the guys she'd just join in and yell at him in Klingon. LOL

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

Truncated scenes - do they show the full ones on DVDs ? Do they show alternative scenes that didn't make it to the final cut ? I've never splashed out on a DVD but would do so if they contained those. I'd love to see the full cowboy dance and longer shots at the train museum.

As far as I remember (I have to admit that I usually don´t watch the extras on the DVDs, only with exceptions, yeah I know shame on me), they usually put interviews with the cast or science related things on the DVDs (at least on the DVD versions I get in my country). I´ve never seen any bloopers or deleted scenes on the DVDs so far.

But it would be nice, if they put some bloopers or some additional material about the settings or deleted/truncated scenes or  something like that on the DVDs.

3 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

As far as I remember (I have to admit that I usually don´t watch the extras on the DVDs, only with exceptions, yeah I know shame on me), they usually put interviews with the cast or science related things on the DVDs (at least on the DVD versions I get in my country). I´ve never seen any bloopers or deleted scenes on the DVDs so far.

But it would be nice, if they put some bloopers or some additional material about the settings or deleted/truncated scenes or  something like that on the DVDs.

They do put bloopers on the dvds 

5 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

You are right. I have all seasons on DVD and they have bloopers. Season 9 had not enough shamy bloopers imo. I hope that s10 DVD could have more as surely there are a few great bloopers from all shamy goodness scenes this season had been offering to us.

14 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I used to ignore DVD extras until got Lord of Rings DVDs . Now I watch all extras as there migth be great material for a fan to watch there.

34 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I see, thank you Kathy!

31 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

You are right. I have all seasons on DVD and they have bloopers. Season 9 had not enough shamy bloopers imo. I hope that s10 DVD could have more as surely there are a few great bloopers from all shamy goodness scenes this season had been offering to us.

That´ll explain it, I haven´t bought season 9 yet, because of the painful first half. :shy:

But season 10 is definitely on my "must have-list". :shy:

5 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Doesn't mean he might not have taught her that one song!

14 hours ago, spidergirl said:

I found all S. 9 extras pretty disappointing, there even was a segment, where the cast answered to some  fans' questions, that was taped the year before. I realized that since the actors were dressed as in another similar segment which was in S. 8 extras. Obviously, the questions had nothing to do with S.9...I hope this year they put a bit more effort into the extras, so many things happened to the show and to Shamy and I would like they focus on the cast's interviews. In particular, regarding to Shamy, I really want a proper interview to Jim and Mayim about how they reacted to the fact Sheldon and Amy were going to live together in 4B. That was such an unexpected thing that I'm very interested in listening Majim's impressions about it.

Edited by mirs1

12 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I found all S. 9 extras pretty disappointing, there even was one segment, where the cast answered to some  fans' questions, that was taped the year before. I realized that since the actors were dressed as in another similar segment which was in S. 8 extras. Obviously, the question answered had nothing to do with S.9...I hope this year they put a bit more effort into the extras, so many things happened to the show and particularly to Shamy and I would like they put particular attention to the cast's interviews. In particular, regarding to Shamy, I really want a proper interview to Jim and Mayim about how they reacted to the fact Sheldon and Amy were going to live together in 4B. That was such an unexpected thing that I'm very interested in listening Majim's impressions about it.

I agree.  I personally think that TPTB have gotten pretty lazy lately.  They keep recycling photo shoots, the bloopers were much better in the earlier season's DVD's and FYC promotions have seemed half hearted.  I know that the show is 10 years in, but I can't imagine that the cast wouldn't mind participating in a amazingly styled photo shoot or some other sort of fun promotional event.

I very rarely buy DVDs but I might make an exception for s10. Nevertheless, I hope there are many Shamy bloopers. I also agree that it's high time they did a new photoshoot. Say no to PhotoChop, TPTB :icon_wink:

On 08/04/2017 at 8:32 PM, Desdemona said:

I see, thank you Kathy!

That´ll explain it, I haven´t bought season 9 yet, because of the painful first half. :shy:

But season 10 is definitely on my "must have-list". :shy:

I'm not a bloopers fan but I hope they get the message that it would be good to see the taped bits they left out of final showings.

Edited by joyceraye

I agree.  I personally think that TPTB have gotten pretty lazy lately.  They keep recycling photo shoots, the bloopers were much better in the earlier season's DVD's and FYC promotions have seemed half hearted.  I know that the show is 10 years in, but I can't imagine that the cast wouldn't mind participating in a amazingly styled photo shoot or some other sort of fun promotional event.

Totally agree !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These times tbbt made the promotion of  first shamy coitus were so cool! There were a few pretty nice articles about the subject and the interviews of cast before shamy reunited were also interisting ones. I thought by the time shamy started to live together we would have at least interviews with Majim  or some photo shots funny about that. There has been a silence from tbbt about the subject that I related with renewal but tbh I have to agree with Vonmar about their laziness. There are so great things happenning to the character's lives going on and there is no interviews or a cast photo, they took some great in past seasons that would be so cool see them together now, like a 10 years celebration  of the show.  They know we watch but for the ocasional viewer these kind of things help to increase the interest. Hopefully they get back some of the promocional dynamic for next two years though.

10 hours ago, vonmar said:

I would agree with this and the only theory I can come up with is because the show is still no.1 or around that in comedy and still smashing its competitors in the same genre that TPTB feel they don't have to anymore which is a real shame imo. It should be in their contracts that they do some pr, photo shoots etc. Mayim, Melissa and sometimes Jim do seem to do some promotion of episodes on social media but the rest don't seem to.

Less interviews with the cast and Molaro these days, it's a real shame.

Edited by Jonny

47 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I would agree with this and the only theory I can come up with is because the show is still no.1 or around that in comedy and still smashing its competitors in the same genre that TPTB feel they don't have to anymore which is a real shame imo. It should be in their contracts that they do some pr, photo shoots etc. Mayim, Melissa and sometimes Jim do seem to do some promotion of episodes on social media but the rest don't seem to.

Less interviews with the cast and Molaro these days, it's a real shame.

Kaley has several photos of the show this season on her IG account. 

The things cast&crew post in their social media are all very nice, I love the BTS, the IG posts and everything I can see in my boards. They are very kind in doing so, but CBS&WB and whoever is in charge of advertising the show should arrange more structured stuff like photo shoots, billboards, cast interviews. The way they advertised Shamy Coitus last season should set an example. They made a very good job in promoting the episode and got good ratings results, there was a lot of talking about the show in the press, etc. The change in the living arrangements, IMO, is as huge a thing as Shamy coitus, probably even bigger since it involves more characters. It doesn't tickle people's curiosity like sex (because sex sells) but I would have appreciate more focus on it  and more organized advertising about it. I hope that happens at least in the S. 10 extras.

Edited by mirs1

57 minutes ago, Lagernisse said:

Kaley has several photos of the show this season on her IG account. 

You are right, but I was thinking more of 'there is an episode tonight, here is a pic comprised of some of the scenes plus some brief info' (the actors take on it). Not all the cast do that and not every week. I often see Mayim and Melissa do that for an episode.

Edited by Jonny

I honestly kept thinking - oh when Shamy get engaged or move in we'll get loads of interviews. When that didn't happen for move in, I though - oh they must be waiting on engagement - which is still my theory. But yes 100% agree some new cast shots etc would be a great way of celebrating 2 more seasons, maybe they're waiting for M&M to sign then we'll get something ?? But it feels like ages since we had an interview or cast pic !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really bothers me when they use a picture of Jim Parsons in a silver tux with a gold bowtie for the "Big Bang Theory" next notice on NBC--- Sheldon (of "Big Bang Theory" cast) wouldn't be caught dead in that get-up as much as he likes to wear costumes!

5 hours ago, Soopysue said:

I honestly kept thinking - oh when Shamy get engaged or move in we'll get loads of interviews. When that didn't happen for move in, I though - oh they must be waiting on engagement - which is still my theory. But yes 100% agree some new cast shots etc would be a great way of celebrating 2 more seasons, maybe they're waiting for M&M to sign then we'll get something ?? But it feels like ages since we had an interview or cast pic !

(finally time to join in after a busy b-day...)

Yeah, I also find it weird that we haven't gotten the extensive promotional material we would have gotten around the same time last year. There was a bit about the season premiere and then Halley's birth with a side dish of Amy's birthday but all in all that wasn't really much. You'd think the LA change would have been a major selling point to generate interest. The initial interviews about the experiment were really nice. But then... nothing???

My best guess would also be that the renewal talk may have kept a lot of things under wrap... but still! Stopping to promote the show in what could have been its last season at that time seems weird. Now that we know there are two more seasons maybe next year they get back to more interviews since S12 seems a pretty definite ending this time. (Unless TBBT gains demo viewers in some magical freak development I don't see a renewal after that.)