Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Sah said:

What is going on? I have not read any spoilers yet, but it doesn't sound good!

Ramona turns up, Amy is away and the gang is worried that's all we know. Might be nothing or it might be something major.

Edited by Jonny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Sah said:

Where are you guys reading this? I didn't see anything in the season discussion... 

Here you go:

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

CBS announces the end of year storylines.  It appears the Princeton reference is for Amy:

THURSDAY, MAY 11

THE BIG BANG THEORY (8:00-8:01)

The gang is concerned when Sheldon’s (Jim Parsons) former admirer, Dr. Ramona Nowitzki (guest star Riki Lindhome), resurfaces while Amy (Mayim Bialik) is away at Princeton. Season finale.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must be planning for the possibility that Mayim does not return next season as she is not under contract yet. I can't see Sheldon having anything to with Ramona in a romantic way or anyone else but Amy for that matter. I have faith in my ship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Sah said:

They must be planning for the possibility that Mayim does not return next season as she is not under contract yet. I can't see Sheldon having anything to with Ramona in a romantic way or anyone else but Amy for that matter. I have faith in my ship...

I think it is more possible they want to play with it, as it happened in S. 7 cliffhanger, when Sheldon left for a train trip and Jim hadn't signed yet. Obviously Mayim is going to be in S. 11, not a single doubt about it, but as she has not officially signed yet, let's send Amy to Princeton and, to make things worse, let's have Ramona back. Fans will watch the hell out of it. And...they are right, no way I'll be not watching or reading spoilers to know what happens!

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the writers are playing Jeopardy again? Because I have no idea why the writers are bringing Ramona back all of the sudden. But I can imagine how it went:

Tbbt writer: I'm Not sure if I want to do this....

Lorre: Trust me this time the hidden options are much better.

Tbbt writer (sighs): ok, I'll Take "unexpected endings" for 500.

Lorre: Oh Ramona comes back. I couldn't have Chosen better. (Rubs hands)

Tbbt writer: But how is that better?

Lorre: It isn't. I Lied. Muahaha!!!

But seriously, despite their flirting, Sheldon had no interest in Ramona, he just liked how she admired him. But as Soon as he found out that she wanted to be mentioned in his paper as well he send her away. LOL

But with Amy he is willing to share everything. 

As @Soopysue had Said, there's nothing to worry. It could be that Amy comes home and finds Sheldon and Ramona laughing on the couch and leaves sad, because she misunderstands the Situation, because of what the others have Said, but in the end when she talks with Sheldon he will assure her that she was his first love and that she will always be the last and only person he loves. Forever. And then he asks her if she wants to love him for the rest of their lives as well and kneels down and Pulls out the ring Box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night they taped 10x23 and the only spoiler we got for that was "Princeton" so it stands to reason Amy is probably deciding to got to Princeton for some work-related thing.
The short summary we got is for 10x24 when Amy is in Princeton and while she is there Ramona pops up again like in some bad fanfic. lol
Anyway, what we know about Ramona from 8 years ago was that she was super ambitious and batshit crazy, let's be real. She wasn't interested in Sheldon romantically but only as a means to push her career by sharing credit on a paper. She seems to have gotten her PhD by now and that's all we know so far. So then... the gang is apparently worried when she pops up again which could mean that either she's already doing some crazy stuff again or they're worried for nothing and the joke is she has actually grown up and when she finds out about Shamy she just wishes them all the best.
I can't see Sheldon initiating anything here cause he's so focused on Amy in terms of romantic interest that I'm not worried here. Depending on how Ramona is like when she shows up I would be worried when she's set to get her hands on Sheldon again for some reason and I don't really want poor Sheldon to be groped or kissed or whatever against his will again (the Beverly thing was bad enough ughhh). So yeah, that would be my only fear here.
But all in all I think this might be a dramatic setup for Sheldon to make another big declaration of love for Amy ("There's only one woman I'll share credit with!" lol) or even storm off to propose to her right away. We'll see.
@april thank you - you made me feel so much better !! It was like a hug, plus I totally agree that makes lots of sense !


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

he will assure her that she was his first love and that she will always be the last and only person he loves. Forever. And then he asks her if she wants to love him for the rest of their lives as well and kneels down and Pulls out the ring Box.

THIS!! thanks so much! *Feelings*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, April said:

Here you go:    ................

I'm pretty sure the writers picking on balloons again and like to teasing us with a refreshed Big Bang next season (with Amy of course). :shy:

sham_034.gif.f3a9775ca6619fb7e528be1b41653a3f.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I contacted a person who went to the taping for 10.23. Btw, Ramona will be in 10.24, not 10.23 (in case anyone else other than me was confused about this).

They said that 10.23 is a very touching episode and will make Shamy fans VERY happy. All is very good for them. They're not comfortable with sharing anything else so I left it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, for the love of cod, you guys nearly gave me a heart attack! LMAO!

I randomly opened Tumblr and I didn't even know there was a taping last night and I see all these angry posts and references to the Lenny mess from 8x24 and I was like 'WHAT THE HECK HAS HAPPENED?" LOL!!! I thought Sheldon had cheated on Amy for a moment. 

Let me get this straight... We know nothing about it other than Amy has some stuff to do at Princeton for work and Ramona shows up in the finale and the gang are worried? That's it? 

ETA: If I have to speculate on the basis of that, and from what we know about Ramona, I wonder if she's gotten wind of Sheldon's project with Amy and she's taking advantage of the situation of her being gone to drop in and try to wiggle her way into it. Maybe Amy is at Princeton because of this project. Maybe she got a job offer? I haven't been catching up on contract related news, but it might be that if they might give M&M a reduced contract and so are setting up a long-distance thing for Shamy for S11? I honestly doubt that that's what they're going for, though. 

Edited by koops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Judith said:

I contacted a person who went to the taping for 10.23. Btw, Ramona will be in 10.24, not 10.23 (in case anyone else other than me was confused about this).

They said that 10.23 is a very touching episode and will make Shamy fans VERY happy. All is very good for them. They're not comfortable with sharing anything else so I left it at that.

g_103.gif.a6863f1496fb7c44acb1d0f2ed9f99ac.gif

Girls (and boys)…shut up!  :icon_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Judith said:

I contacted a person who went to the taping for 10.23. Btw, Ramona will be in 10.24, not 10.23 (in case anyone else other than me was confused about this).

They said that 10.23 is a very touching episode and will make Shamy fans VERY happy. All is very good for them. They're not comfortable with sharing anything else so I left it at that.

Thank you very much for sharing ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, koops said:

Ok, for the love of cod, you guys nearly gave me a heart attack! LMAO!

I randomly opened Tumblr and I didn't even know there was a taping last night and I see all these angry posts and references to the Lenny mess from 8x24 and I was like 'WHAT THE HECK HAS HAPPENED?" LOL!!! I thought Sheldon had cheated on Amy for a moment. 

Let me get this straight... We know nothing about it other than Amy has some stuff to do at Princeton for work and Ramona shows up in the finale and the gang are worried? That's it? 

Rationally, I know you are right; but then the words "Season 8 finale" cross my mind and my rationality goes like this

gif44.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Judith said:

I contacted a person who went to the taping for 10.23. Btw, Ramona will be in 10.24, not 10.23 (in case anyone else other than me was confused about this).

They said that 10.23 is a very touching episode and will make Shamy fans VERY happy. All is very good for them. They're not comfortable with sharing anything else so I left it at that.

Thanks so much for that, Judith! I would give to your post 1000 likes if I could! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, koops said:

Let me get this straight... We know nothing about it other than Amy has some stuff to do at Princeton for work and Ramona shows up in the finale and the gang are worried? That's it?

Yep, that's it.

9 minutes ago, koops said:

I haven't been catching up on contract related news, but it might be that if they might give M&M a reduced contract and so are setting up a long-distance thing for Shamy for S11? I honestly doubt that that's what they're going for, though. 

The plan is to get M&M on full time and reportedly the rest of the cast even chipped in part of their salary to get them closer to parity - so I don't really see them getting a reduced deal here. TPTB might be playing with the potential buzz over "What'll happen to Shamy - will Mayim come back!??" with a bit of a cliffhanger. But we'll have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Rationally, I know you are right; but then the words "Season 8 finale" cross my mind and my rationality goes like this

gif44.gif

Oh, I know. I don't blame you. I guess I'm zen because even if the worst happens, I've had everything I wanted from the show so I can just tell them all to piss off and I'll be on my way. :icon_wink:

Back in S8 I kept repeating up until the last minute how the narrative of the season didn't point to anything bad happening and it did. So I'm not going to make the same mistake again and say it makes no sense whatsoever given the way Shamy have been written this season for there to be romantic drama again, let alone something like cheating, which is totally OOC for either character, not just Sheldon. Because I know these writers don't really care about continuity and will pull out whatever plot suits them at the moment. And especially with a 2-year renewal, I could see why they might want to drag things out with more drama.

But that doesn't change the fact that 1) we have VERY little info and just because it's a finale and it says the gang are worried doesn't necessarily mean the show will go full out OOC drama and 2) they literally just went through one breakup 2 years ago, it's unlikely there's going to be more coming again so soon.

Sheldon is clueless when it comes to women. I can see that Ramona might try to wiggle her way into his work/life and he doesn't even notice what's happening but everyone else does. I can even see Amy misunderstanding something by accident and for there to be angst in that sense. But I think it's unlikely there's going to be anything seriously bad happening. There might be a cheap cliffhanger though. That I could see. 

ETA: @April. Ok, so nothing new on that front from the last time I heard. I doubt they won't have Mayim on for the full season, no. But now that that idea got into my head, to be honest I'd MUCH rather take a long-distance thing if they have to drag out the Shamy (which is something very realistic for academics) than stupid pointless romantic drama. I think Shamy trying long-distance could be very interesting and a growth experience for both. And they could still have Mayim on full-time, just filming on her own for, I don't know... half the season or something. Oh and this crap just writes itself.... I can so see them bringing her back for 11x11 just in time for reunion/birthday sex. I need to stop now, LOL. *awkwardly steps away*

Edited by koops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, koops said:

Oh, I know. I don't blame you. I guess I'm zen because even if the worst happens, I've had everything I wanted from the show so I can just tell them all to piss off and I'll be on my way. :icon_wink:

Back in S8 I kept repeating up until the last minute how the narrative of the season didn't point to anything bad happening and it did. So I'm not going to make the same mistake again and say it makes no sense whatsoever given the way Shamy have been written this season for there to be romantic drama again, let alone something like cheating, which is totally OOC for either character, not just Sheldon. Because I know these writers don't really care about continuity and will pull out whatever plot suits them at the moment. And especially with a 2-year renewal, I could see why they might want to drag things out with more drama.

But that doesn't change the fact that 1) we have VERY little info and just because it's a finale and it says the gang are worried doesn't necessarily mean the show will go full out OOC drama and 2) they literally just went through one breakup 2 years ago, it's unlikely there's going to be more coming again so soon.

Sheldon is clueless when it comes to women. I can see that Ramona might try to wiggle her way into his work/life and he doesn't even notice what's happening but everyone else does. I can even see Amy misunderstanding something by accident and for there to be angst in that sense. But I think it's unlikely there's going to be anything seriously bad happening. There might be a cheap cliffhanger though. That I could see. 

ETA: @April. Ok, so nothing new on that front from the last time I heard. I doubt they won't have Mayim on for the full season, no. But now that that idea got into my head, to be honest I'd MUCH rather take a long-distance thing if they have to drag out the Shamy (which is something very realistic for academics) than stupid pointless romantic drama. I think Shamy trying long-distance could be very interesting and a growth experience for both. And they could still have Mayim on full-time, just filming on her own for, I don't know... half the season or something. Oh and this crap just writes itself.... I can so see them bringing her back for 11x11 just in time for reunion/birthday sex. I need to stop now, LOL. *awkwardly steps away*

This is how I feel basically, I get why some people are worried, but good God people, you almost made me burst out crying in school before I read what we actually know. And now we have @Judith saying that 10x23 will make Shamy fans VERY happy. Again I get it, it's hard to trust the writers sometimes, but please DON'T ever scare me like that again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point I guess 10.23 might be about Amy being offered to work at Princeton in some form and, since there is a lot of talking about it in this episode, she doesn't decide immediately to accept. It is a very good Shamy plot, so I can see Sheldon being the supportive one, helping her making a decision. I kinda like the idea of them having a long distance relationship through the hiatus and even in some episodes in S. 11, but if this is the case, I would like it is clear from the very beginning that Amy is in Princeton for a set period of time. Amy giving up a very good job opportunity (maybe a tenure) out of love because she misses Sheldon, albeit still in character with her, might be too stereotypical, another woman giving up her career for a man. 

Edited by mirs1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im gonna wait and see how things play out and for now Im not that concerned EVEN if it ends as a uh-oh cliffhanger.

As a Shamy I was always concerned that Amy would eventually dump Sheldon for the lack of physicality in the relationship early on. When things progressed in S8 I thought that fear was put to bed. then we got the break up lol!

After all thats happened since then and Sheldon's "awakening" Im pretty confident Shamy are end game and will be solid when the show ends in two years. 

Ramona might be a catalyst for exploring Amy's side of issues and maybe even lead into some discussion into her side of the break up. It could also be one of those lame cliffhangers thats cleaned up quickly at the beginning of 11.1... 

Of all the people though, Ramona! so random....while Ramona was more interested in Sheldon's abilities and being a part of some break through with him in the field, she DID admit to Penny that she found him cute too. Its possible the writers play around with that. I doubt, though, that her appearance is anything but a one episode thing. 

Not really worried here, more curious than anything.

But then again, in Wheaton's words, "Although, we all remember Jar Jar!" lol....

 

Edited by 2L344

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.