Jump to content
The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

At this point I guess 10.23 might be about Amy being offered to work at Princeton in some form and, since there is a lot of talking about it, she doesn't decide immediately to accept. It is a very good Shamy plot, so I can see Sheldon being the supportive one. I kinda like the idea of them having a long distance relationship through the hiatus and even in some episodes in S. 11, but if this is the case, I would like it is clear from the very beginning that Amy is in Princeton for a set period of time. Amy giving up a very good job opportunity (maybe a tenure) out of love because she misses Sheldon, albeit still in character with her, might be too stereotypical, another woman giving up her career for a man. 

I would like it might be for a set period of time as well as scientists sometimes have to be away from home for temporary projetcs  and it could be an oportunity for they handle with a distant relationship and I believe it would be intersititng and be sucessful in end. I would like just that Ramona thing was only a kind of teasing thing for shamy as she met and interacted with him before. I dont see Sheldon being interested romantically or sexually speaking for someone but Amy. And I am totally with @April, I dont want that bizarre creature kissing or groping our Shelley, not a chance! He surely would not enjoy but I dont want her on him in any way, lol! *nods*

 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koops said:

Oh, I know. I don't blame you. I guess I'm zen because even if the worst happens, I've had everything I wanted from the show so I can just tell them all to piss off and I'll be on my way. :icon_wink:

Back in S8 I kept repeating up until the last minute how the narrative of the season didn't point to anything bad happening and it did. So I'm not going to make the same mistake again and say it makes no sense whatsoever given the way Shamy have been written this season for there to be romantic drama again, let alone something like cheating, which is totally OOC for either character, not just Sheldon. Because I know these writers don't really care about continuity and will pull out whatever plot suits them at the moment. And especially with a 2-year renewal, I could see why they might want to drag things out with more drama.

But that doesn't change the fact that 1) we have VERY little info and just because it's a finale and it says the gang are worried doesn't necessarily mean the show will go full out OOC drama and 2) they literally just went through one breakup 2 years ago, it's unlikely there's going to be more coming again so soon.

Sheldon is clueless when it comes to women. I can see that Ramona might try to wiggle her way into his work/life and he doesn't even notice what's happening but everyone else does. I can even see Amy misunderstanding something by accident and for there to be angst in that sense. But I think it's unlikely there's going to be anything seriously bad happening. There might be a cheap cliffhanger though. That I could see. 

ETA: @April. Ok, so nothing new on that front from the last time I heard. I doubt they won't have Mayim on for the full season, no. But now that that idea got into my head, to be honest I'd MUCH rather take a long-distance thing if they have to drag out the Shamy (which is something very realistic for academics) than stupid pointless romantic drama. I think Shamy trying long-distance could be very interesting and a growth experience for both. And they could still have Mayim on full-time, just filming on her own for, I don't know... half the season or something. Oh and this crap just writes itself.... I can so see them bringing her back for 11x11 just in time for reunion/birthday sex. I need to stop now, LOL. *awkwardly steps away*

About the long distance thing, well, I'd rather it doesn't happen. Because the show centers around Sheldon, long distance would mean a massively reduced screen time for Amy . We may only see her in Skype calls or some mentioning in dialogues. And believe me, the writers are NOT going to write plots specially for Amy. They wrote some stories for her in early seasons because at that time her character was newly introduced. But now? When was the last time that Penny had a plot just for herself? Let alone Amy. Besides, after years of waiting, we Shamy fans finally get a season where Shamy are like a real couple. They live together, sleep together, do science together and have fun together. I think we deserve more cute Shamy together time than them skyping. 

Besides, I don't think the writers would just toss away their cash maker couple. To general audience, you give them good Shamy plots, they fall in love with Shamy. You reduce on-screen Shamy, they are not going to "imagine" off-screen Shamy moments themselves. If the long distance thing happens. as time goes by, I'm afraid general audience's love for Shamy will fade. 

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do think that, if the people who went to the taping last night have our same notion of what VERY GOOD means (LOL), there's a very good chance that we might get to see Amy get a great career opportunity and Sheldon being supportive for a change (even if it's after throwing a tantrum about her leaving). I agree that I would prefer she doesn't give up a permanent position or something to come back to Sheldon, but I kind of doubt that's what she would be offered. Much more likely it's a visiting position, but that would still keep her away for a substantial length of time or even multiple times. 

As for Ramona... she's never met Amy? She was only in the one episode, so she's never said to her that she finds Sheldon cute? Regardless, I think it's much more likely that she will come across his work, maybe even his work with Amy, and start vulturing around him taking advantage that Amy is gone and Sheldon being Sheldon won't think anything ill of it but the gang sees it and gets worried. 

ETA: @camelliayao: I am trying to think in terms of how writers might deal with a 2-year extension. They have to drag things out, somehow, and I personally would much rather have little Shamy but good Shamy than, say, another breakup. And I think long-distance can provide a fresh new set of plots to at least fill a portion of a season, and Shamy missing each other would definitely be a good thing. There's only so many cute domestic scenes you can write before writers get bored and decide to "spice things up" and it's often not in a good way. I'm not saying I want Amy away for a whole season or anything like that, I'm just saying that I understand the need to fill two seasons and I would rather have some of that than drama. Plus, if they can write plots for Bert these days, I'm pretty sure they can write one for Amy. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've speculated in the past that I would love for Amy to get a project or something over the summer coming back early in the next season and that it could be used for some lovey-dovey skype scenes and a hilariously over the top reunion. So if that's what this turns out to be in the end then by all means, bring it on!

I also like @koops idea of Ramona being after Sheldon's science project like last time instead of some "stealing away another woman's man" sort of cheating bs.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Not a fan of a long distance relationship portrayal even if it's for say just a chunk of the season.

For a multitude of reasons I wouldn't be happy with it, for example Sheldon on his own or having to lean on his friends more could damage some of the progress he had this season. I mean just imagine if hypothetically Raj moves out of 4A early season 11 freeing up room in 4A and Sheldon who doesn't like living alone in 4B whilst Amy is away stays over. Can't see any good coming from that, real danger of him missing some of the things he had in his old homeostasis.

If Amy leaves I hope it's just for the summer to work on a project and she is back in the first episode of Season 11 with Sheldon coping fine, sometimes alone in 4B.

All these things could very well happen regardless of whether or not it's long distance because the writers don't think in terms of cause and effect but in terms of what plot they want to write. If they want to slow Shamy down to fill two seasons by having them regress, they can very well find a way to do it. And that's the bottom line, to me: they have to fill two years now and I doubt it's going to be with Shamy wedding prep. I am just saying that with long distance they can fill up some episodes where Shamy deal with being apart and missing each other and leaving us happy with their relationship because they WANT to be together but can't, instead of having them have problems in areas that have to do with themselves in the relationship and make things less pleasant, like Amy getting angsty over not being engaged yet or Sheldon being a man child or what have you.

Plus, I doubt they will change living arrangements back and forth anymore. They've done it, it's gone well, and eventually we all know they would have to revert back to couples living together, so there's literally no incentive for them to go there again. I don't have a problem with Sheldon missing Amy and feeling lonely and sleeping in his old room again once or twice. It doesn't mean that when she's back  he won't run back to her. Actually, they could even use it to show how he DOES NOT like his old routine and place anymore and prefers living with Amy. 

I just think there are many ways any kind of scenario can play out and they can all be good or bad in the end. It's all about execution. And I would take some costs over others in terms of these different executions.

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shamy spoilers....

%%%%%%%%%

Spoilers-episode 23-the gyroscopic collapse-Amy gets offered a fellowship to Princeton but sheldon does not want her to go but by the end is willing to let her go.Sheldon is packing Amy's car and says don't fall in love with any other scientists.

%%%%%%%%

And discuss...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Shamy spoilers....

%%%%%%%%%

Spoilers-episode 23-the gyroscopic collapse-Amy gets offered a fellowship to Princeton but sheldon does not want her to go but by the end is willing to let her go.Sheldon is packing Amy's car and says don't fall in love with any other scientists.

%%%%%%%%

And discuss...

A fellowship is a temporary thing, right? Like they have a particular topic/subject of study and Amy will be back once the research is over. Or is it a permanent job meaning Amy will be in Princeton from now on? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, hope it's more than what it sounds like :p that's all fine and good but VERY good? Well, needs a bit more than that in my book. 

But why is he packing her car? Is she driving cross-country? 

ETA: A Fellowship is usually a temporary position, but the duration can vary from a minimum of one to five years. I doubt the show will be that specific with accuracy though. It could be a summer thing. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

A fellowship is a temporary thing, right? Like they have a particular topic/subject of study and Amy will be back once the research is over. Or is it a permanent job meaning Amy will be in Princeton from now on? 

It's temporary, but it can be a relatively long time, some fellowships last one or two years. For sure the whole hiatus, IMO...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel free to crucify me, say I am being silly, caught up in the heat of the moment, lost my head, perhaps overreacting and guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve for this but I don't fucking like this idea. Not one bit.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't particularly like Sheldon saying Amy to not fall in love with another scientist coupled with Ramona being in the very next episode. It looks like the writers are setting up for some artificial drama...not that Sheldon falls for Ramona, but that the gang and maybe Amy might think that. Maybe it's just me having some S. 8 finale nightmares. 

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok... With Amy probably being away for the summer, Ramona back for the finale and the fact that Mayim hasn't signed the contract yet, I'm gonna put out a conspiracy theory: maybe the writers are using this plot to make a point to Mayim. They are saying that the show will not be affected without her and Sheldon can easily have another love interest. And if this is indeed the case, I'm afraid we'll have a cliffhanger much like season 4, only this time it'll be Sheldon and Ramona waking up in the same bed or something like that. And if Mayim sign the contract during hiatus, next season will start with the writers telling us nothing happened between Sheldon and Ramona, Amy is back from Princeton and life goes on.

More to add: And by "nothing happened", because this is Sheldon, I think the writers will make it clear that literally nothing happened, not like Penny&Raj's case where she gives him a hand job...

Edited by camelliayao
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, koops said:

I do think that, if the people who went to the taping last night have our same notion of what VERY GOOD means (LOL), there's a very good chance that we might get to see Amy get a great career opportunity and Sheldon being supportive for a change (even if it's after throwing a tantrum about her leaving). I agree that I would prefer she doesn't give up a permanent position or something to come back to Sheldon, but I kind of doubt that's what she would be offered. Much more likely it's a visiting position, but that would still keep her away for a substantial length of time or even multiple times. 

As for Ramona... she's never met Amy? She was only in the one episode, so she's never said to her that she finds Sheldon cute? Regardless, I think it's much more likely that she will come across his work, maybe even his work with Amy, and start vulturing around him taking advantage that Amy is gone and Sheldon being Sheldon won't think anything ill of it but the gang sees it and gets worried. 

ETA: @camelliayao: I am trying to think in terms of how writers might deal with a 2-year extension. They have to drag things out, somehow, and I personally would much rather have little Shamy but good Shamy than, say, another breakup. And I think long-distance can provide a fresh new set of plots to at least fill a portion of a season, and Shamy missing each other would definitely be a good thing. There's only so many cute domestic scenes you can write before writers get bored and decide to "spice things up" and it's often not in a good way. I'm not saying I want Amy away for a whole season or anything like that, I'm just saying that I understand the need to fill two seasons and I would rather have some of that than drama. Plus, if they can write plots for Bert these days, I'm pretty sure they can write one for Amy. 

oops I meant to say she admitted it to PENNY not Amy lol, I changed my post thanks!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How broken up is Sheldon going to be over this?  For fuck's sake.

If this leaves him feeling down and vulnerable and he does something fucking stupid with Ramona... bloody hell it better not happen!

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There will most likely be some kind of cliffhanger, but I doubt they will recycle the "waking up in the same bed" stuff. Especially not with Sheldon. I mean, not only it would make no sense but nobody would buy it. And they would never damage their precious Sheldon like that. I would be more worried about them damaging Amy. 

It is possible that there might be some lame misunderstanding where Amy does think something is going on, though. Which would even incredibly trite and cringeworthy. Or Amy doing something stupid in retaliation for it. 

Who knows. It might be that the finale is just a self contained story where Ramona is just being her crazy self and it all gets wrapped up and solved at the end. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

How broken up is Sheldon going to be over this?  For fuck's sake.

If this leaves him feeling down and vulnerable and he does something fucking stupid with Ramona... bloody hell it better not happen!

It's really very usual for scientists to spend some time in other institutions, actually it's a wonder that never happened to Shamy before. It's not really that the problem...

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, koops said:

There will most likely be some kind of cliffhanger, but I doubt they will recycle the "waking up in the same bed" stuff. Especially not with Sheldon. I mean, not only it would make no sense but nobody would buy it. And they would never damage their precious Sheldon like that. I would be more worried about them damaging Amy. 

It is possible that there might be some lame misunderstanding where Amy does think something is going on, though. Which would even incredibly trite and cringeworthy. Or Amy doing something stupid in retaliation for it. 

Who knows. It might be that the finale is just a self contained story where Ramona is just being her crazy self and it all gets wrapped up and solved at the end. 

I do hope you are right koops, I really do.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Feel free to crucify me, say I am being silly, caught up in the heat of the moment, lost my head, perhaps overreacting and guilty of wearing my heart on my sleeve for this but I don't fucking like this idea. Not one bit.

 

11 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Ok... With Amy probably being away for the summer, Ramona back for the finale and the fact that Mayim hasn't signed the contract yet, I'm gonna put out a conspiracy theory: maybe the writers are using this plot to make a point to Mayim. They are saying that the show will not be affected without her and Sheldon can easily have another love interest. And if this is indeed the case, I'm afraid we'll have a cliffhanger much like season 4, only this time it'll be Sheldon and Ramona waking up in the same bed or something like that. And if Mayim sign the contract during hiatus, next season will start with the writers telling us nothing happened between Sheldon and Ramona, Amy is back from Princeton and life goes on.

 

I think I'm more worried they will have Amy cheat on Sheldon offscreen.....like Leonard went away to North Sea, and cheated on Penny . Hope I'm wrong. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, koops said:

There will most likely be some kind of cliffhanger, but I doubt they will recycle the "waking up in the same bed" stuff. Especially not with Sheldon. I mean, not only it would make no sense but nobody would buy it. And they would never damage their precious Sheldon like that. I would be more worried about them damaging Amy. 

It is possible that there might be some lame misunderstanding where Amy does think something is going on, though. Which would even incredibly trite and cringeworthy. Or Amy doing something stupid in retaliation for it. 

Who knows. It might be that the finale is just a self contained story where Ramona is just being her crazy self and it all gets wrapped up and solved at the end. 

The bold part, 100% agree.

And, Amy, being away for the summer hiatus...to me, it seems like Leonard being away in his North Sea trip.

And we all know what happened in Leonard's trip two years later.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, serena_1995 said:

 

 

I think I'm more worried they will have Amy cheat on Sheldon offscreen.....like Leonard went away to North Sea, and cheated on Penny . Hope I'm wrong. 

Disagree. Sheldon IMO most likely between the two. People most likely to forgive Sheldon than Amy. Just like more likely to forgive Leonard than Penny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean, given how much blood the showrunners shat at the thought of Sheldon getting busy with ONE woman, I don't see them having him give it up for another. Yes, people might be sexist enough to more easily forgive male infidelity than female infidelity, but if they ARE going to assassinate a character this way, Amy IS the likelier target.

eh, whatever. Sheldon and Amy have worked together and gotten into Scientist Snap Wars. They can't take that away from me..

Edited by wowbagger
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Ok... With Amy probably being away for the summer, Ramona back for the finale and the fact that Mayim hasn't signed the contract yet, I'm gonna put out a conspiracy theory: maybe the writers are using this plot to make a point to Mayim. They are saying that the show will not be affected without her and Sheldon can easily have another love interest. And if this is indeed the case, I'm afraid we'll have a cliffhanger much like season 4, only this time it'll be Sheldon and Ramona waking up in the same bed or something like that. And if Mayim sign the contract during hiatus, next season will start with the writers telling us nothing happened between Sheldon and Ramona, Amy is back from Princeton and life goes on.

I've heard this theory before and honestly don't get it. It just sounds like a lot of drama based on a fear of the unknown. I'm not going to pretend to know for sure, but Mayim seems like the last cast member to put her job in jeopardy for more money. Asking for more? Sure. Letting other people fight for her to get more? Sure. Trying for equal pay? Totally. Actually putting her job on the line because she refuses to be paid $450K an episode while everybody else (minus Melissa) gets $900K? I just don't see it.

Another flaw in that theory is thinking that TBBT won't be effected without her and that Sheldon could just fall for someone else. It would and he wouldn't (realistically). Sheldon and Amy are a huge draw for the majority of viewers. If there was even a question that Mayim wouldn't be back due to contract negotiations, I think they would give her what she wanted before throwing around empty threats. If this is between a few hundred thousand dollars and potentially ruining the last two seasons (and a prequel) they've already signed on for? No contest, she would get her money. But I honestly just don't see any of it.

I've heard some things about last night's taping and it sounds very sweet and special. Along with this finale, it all just sounds like a buildup for a surprise nobody saw coming... like an engagement or pregnancy or Raj hooking up with Ramona. It also sounds like a way to get Amy to return for the finale and by the S11 premiere, her entire fellowship will be skipped over. It's a drastic change and plot twist without any dedication. I know everybody is flipping out, but looking at every other time this has happened leads me to believe it will be funny and not that big of a deal.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.