[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

Got to remember It's a family heirloom and Sheldon clearly is proud of its history. So it strikes me that he wouldn't carry it around on his person waiting for the right moment all the time. Leonard did with his ring but he bought it, doesn't have the been passed down through generations aspect to it.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Got to remember It's a family heirloom and Sheldon clearly is proud of its history. So it strikes me that he wouldn't carry it around on his person waiting for the right moment all the time. Leonard did with his ring but he bought it, doesn't have the been passed down through generations aspect to it.

Well in this case Amy wasn't even around and I wouldn't carry it around for fear it would get lost.

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Here's a scenario of why I think maybe Sheldon had the ring in his pocket (because I can't see him carrying it around in case he feels the time is right to propose when Amy's not even there and is in fact clear across the country).

What Penny had told him the night before and what everyone else was hinting at and Amy's discomfort (remember he's not completely clueless when his friends are trying to tell him something), he thought about it all night and planned on confronting Ramona and asking her flat out.  What he was probably thinking of if she said that yes, she was interested in him romantically, he would list the reasons why he couldn't get involved with her that way and if she still didn't take no for an answer, he'd show her the ring he was planning on giving to his girlfriend.  

But instead she physically refused to take no for an answer and it freaked him out to the point he figured he's going to propose to Amy anyway and this woman was clearly not taking no for an answer so why not nip it all in the bud right now?

Thought?

Very plausible scenario imo. What is a bold is something I see  Sheldon  do, as he acts most of times in a rational way and for him it would be enough to Ramona stoped with what she is doing. 

When Ramona  kissed him, something really shooked his whole system. Imo he figured out he would have  not been ever so sure about his feelings for Amy as in that moment, as he could have  been naive about Ramona's intentions  but at same time there was no chance for him to be interested romantically for anyone but Amy. And for everything he and Amy have lived through since they reunited, her feelings for him are equally mutual and incondionately . Amy knew about the ring, it was about time to give it to her and propose an entire life shared with her.

I have a litle add to all scenario. That tip about the scientist alike with him and Amy should run off if she found him in Princeton (sorry if the words from tr were very different) .Ramona is not alike with Amy physically but about her mind she is an intelligent scientist as Amy. Sheldon decided to see Amy as he might figure out that was happening to him (even he did not had any intention to lead Ramona to think he was interested on her) the reverse scenario he hinted to not happen with Amy in Princeton . And he would need to fix everything as soon as possible the fact he did not stop Ramona hitting on him because he could not read that good yet the intentions from other people. Amy surely would listen to him, undetstsnd him and accepting his proposal as they love each other.

The Ring was on his pocket, why would he still be waiting for propose to the woman of his life as he is so sure of his feelings? And also it would be about time to officialize the engagement as that ring also would show to everyone in Princeton Amy is taken.

Sheldon thought all night about the subject . Imo he carefully planned everything as he is always fan of be prepared for everything in his life.

I have said I was waiting for a more quirky proposal from Sheldon to Amy. But all of this could really make their proposal as something memorable.  Hope writers wont dissapoint me. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

Very plausible scenario imo. What is a bold is something I see  Sheldon  do, as he acts most of times in a rational way and for him it would be enough to Ramona stoped with what she is doing. 

When Ramona  kissed him, something really shooked his whole system. Imo he figured out he would have  not been ever so sure about his feelings for Amy as in that moment, as he could have  been naive about Ramona's intentions  but at same time there was no chance for him to be interested romantically for anyone but Amy. And for everything he and Amy have lived through since they reunited, her feelings for him are equally mutual and incondionately . Amy knew about the ring, it was about time to give it to her and propose an entire life shared with her.

I have a litle add to all scenario. That tip about the scientist alike with him and Amy should run off if she found him in Princeton (sorry if the words from tr were very different) .Ramona is not alike with Amy physically but about her mind she is an intelligent scientist as Amy. Sheldon decided to see Amy as he might figure out that was happening to him (even he did not had any intention to lead Ramona to think he was interested on her) the reverse scenario he hinted to not happen with Amy in Princeton . And he would need to fix everything as soon as possible the fact he did not stop Ramona hitting on him because he could not read that good yet the intentions if other people. Amy surely would listen to him, undetstsnd him and accepting his proposal as they love each other.

The Ring was on his pocket, why would he still be waiting for propose to the woman of his life as he is so sure of his feelings? And also it would be about time to officialize the engagement as that ring also would show to everyone in Princeton Amy is taken.

Sheldon thought all night about the subject . Imo he carefully planned everything as he is always fan of be prepared for everything in his life.

I have said I was waiting for a more quirky proposal from Sheldon to Amy. But all of this could really make their proposal as something memorable.  Hope writers wont dissapoint me. 

Yep, he took his own advice.  He told Amy if she met a tall smart scientist to step away and call him immediately.  He was worried a tall smart scientist would pursue her when it was him it happened to.  So he stepped away and went to Amy immediately.

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Well in this case Amy wasn't even around and I wouldn't carry it around for fear it would get lost.

Yeah I am saying the status of the ring could back up your theory.

I wouldn't be carrying around all the time that's for sure, would be terrified of losing it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

He would have lost it for sure during his adventures at the Country bar...his pants ended up in the microwave after all!!!

In that time the ring was safe at home, hehe .I think he might have  carryed  it after the talk with Penny about Ramona. 

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 8

I'm going to refrain from speculating about the proposal at least until I've seen 10.24. I'll try to wait for 11.1 too because it'll most likely be just as important (or even more)...unless I crack under the long hiatus. It'll just drive me crazy otherwise.

• Like 5

11.1 is surely going to be one of the most eagerly anticipated episodes ever for the show you would think. Coitus 1.0 was huge because of so much hype and publicity. I would expect the same with this, millions of viewers are going to want to know what happens in 11.1.

We Shamies might be confident of the outcome or might see the cliffhanger as tame because of that, but casuals who make up the vast majority of viewers might not be.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, Jonny said:

11.1 is surely going to be one of the most eagerly anticipated episodes ever for the show you would think. Coitus 1.0 was huge because of so much hype and publicity. I would expect the same with this, millions of viewers are going to want to know what happens in 11.1.

We Shamies might be confident of the outcome or might see the cliffhanger as tame because of that, but casuals who make up the vast majority of viewers might not be.

I've seen some IG posts from people at the taping (not really shippers), they said it ends with an amazing cliffhanger, so I guess it can be seen as a shocking ending, LOL!

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 8

A few thoughts on why he could have the ring on him. Perhaps: 

1. He fetched it from Lenny's when moving, but couldn't find a place to hide it from Amy except on his person.  

2. He took it out to consider proposing to Amy before she left, but changed his mind and hadn't had a chance to put it away. 

3. He bought a temporary ring on his journey to New Jersey, just to propose with, but MeeMaw's ring will be the real deal eventually.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

A few thoughts on why he could have the ring on him. Perhaps: 

1. He fetched it from Lenny's when moving, but couldn't find a place to hide it from Amy except on his person.  

2. He took it out to consider proposing to Amy before she left, but changed his mind and hadn't had a chance to put it away. 

3. He bought a temporary ring on his journey to New Jersey, just to propose with, but MeeMaw's ring will be the real deal eventually.  

Sorry to do this but....

1.  No. He couldn't find a place to hide a priceless family heirloom for a year?

2.  No.  She's been gone for about a week. He's not going to carry around a priceless family heirloom in his pocket for a week and not put it away.

3.  No.  There's a 3 hour time difference from one coast to the other.  So at noon when he left Ramona in his office, it was 3:00 in the afternoon for Amy.  By the time he got to her, what's opened?  And being in such a hurry, why would he stop and get a ring that in the end, isn't going to be the real one to give her?

• Like 3

I think it's more likely that the cab made a quick stop by his apt and Sheldon grabbed the ring. They didn't show us, cause that would ruin the viewer's surprise.  But that's really the only explanation that makes sense to me. 

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, heres2U said:

I think it's more likely that the cab made a quick stop by his apt and Sheldon grabbed the ring. They didn't show us, cause that would ruin the viewer's surprise.  But that's really the only explanation that makes sense to me. 

If he had time to go to his apartment and grab the ring, why didn't he pack a quick overnight bag?

• Like 5

TBH, I still don't understand why they showed us Sheldon doing something less important but not the more important things.

(From @kazzie 's TR)

He left the university, Straight into a cab, Straight to the Airport, Seen buying a plane ticket, Sitting on a plane (Watching sponge bob). Arriving in NJ, Going to Princeton, In the hallway looking for Amy's apartment. 

There were a series of scenes, but IMO, "sitting on a plane" implies "bought the plane ticket", so there was no need for showing us that he was buying ticket, meanwhile, "when did he get the ring?" was a much more important question, not just for fans, the casual audience are gonna wondering that, too.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Sorry to do this but....

1.  No. He couldn't find a place to hide a priceless family heirloom for a year?

2.  No.  She's been gone for about a week. He's not going to carry around a priceless family heirloom in his pocket for a week and not put it away.

3.  No.  There's a 3 hour time difference from one coast to the other.  So at noon when he left Ramona in his office, it was 3:00 in the afternoon for Amy.  By the time he got to her, what's opened?  And being in such a hurry, why would he stop and get a ring that in the end, isn't going to be the real one to give her?

I don't think he bought a ring, but if we are going to consider that scenario, in Madrid airport there is a jewelry

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, snapepans said:

TBH, I still don't understand why they showed us Sheldon doing something less important but not the more important things.

(From @kazzie 's TR)

He left the university, Straight into a cab, Straight to the Airport, Seen buying a plane ticket, Sitting on a plane (Watching sponge bob). Arriving in NJ, Going to Princeton, In the hallway looking for Amy's apartment. 

There were a series of scenes, but IMO, "sitting on a plane" implies "bought the plane ticket", so there was no need for showing us that he was buying ticket, meanwhile, "when did he get the ring?" was a much more important question, not just for fans, the casual audience are gonna wondering that, too.

If he is showed taking the ring, you know he is going there to propose. Amy opening the door to sheldon on one knee with the ring  has, i guess,  a more shocking effect

1 minute ago, mirs1 said:

If there was a scene with him going home for the ring or it was explained somehow he already had the ring on himself, the shocking value of Amy opening her door and finding him on one knee would have been lost. Even if we have to come up with our own head-canon to fill the blanks, to get an emotional reaction in the viewers it makes sense that it's not explained where and when he got the ring.

Your explanation is better. 

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

If there was a scene with him going home for the ring or it was explained somehow he already had the ring on himself, the shocking value of Amy opening her door and finding him on one knee would have been lost. Even if we have to come up with our own head-canon to fill the blanks, those blanks make sense in order to get an emotional reaction in the viewers. Maybe Sheldon will explain things better in the Season Premiere, because at that point the shocking value will be in Amy answering and not anymore in him proposing.

Thank you, @mirs1 and @Anita, your explanations are making perfect sense!

The bold part, I hope so, too!

ETA: So those series of scenes just showed Sheldon was going to NJ to find Amy, but nothing about proposal, however once Amy opened the door, we knew he was going NJ to propose to her. OK, now I understand.

Thanks, guys!

Edited by snapepans
add something
  • Like 2