[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

The best of all  shamy events from season finale is imo the room writers left for speculation about last steps of Sheldon and Amy before he went to her apt door and she met him on his knee , ring box on his hand as he asked the big question. Will Amy panic as the proposal happened? Will Sheldon explain himself first and then Amy say yes? Will Sheldon spend the night there with Amy? Lots of questions for we exciting speculate about how will be played out the scenario for we get the most wished shamy emotional moment from last two seasons. As I said, this is a cliffanger I could live with.  And tbh I am enjoying so much the gaps we are all trying to fill in. Writers, you really closed s10 in a golden way! This is going to be a great summer for this fan! *grin*

• Like 9

18 hours ago, Sah said:

Cheers to that!! Here is my celebratory gif for Mayim and Melissa returning...

Focus3.jpg

OMG, those two are :heat: 

As for them signing on for the next two seasons, I'd like to say I never doubted they would sign, but I'd be lying.

Edited by Stephen Hawking
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Kathy2611 said:

Oh, we'll easily get to 500 by the time T & T open up the threads for Season 11

Depends on when they open the S11 threads. Last year they were open in early June so we have  a little over a month to fill a hundred pages if that's the goal. That would be like 3 pages per day!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, April said:

Depends on when they open the S11 threads. Last year they were open in early June so we have  a little over a month to fill a hundred pages if that's the goal. That would be like 3 pages per day!

I would say it is not a goal. It is only a fun fact, as  Sheldon would say. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 2

500 is a tall task lol, but we can always gif a few pages.

Last year we had our top 10 countdown of Shamy moments before the new season thread opened right? That would provide some discussion if it's run again this year. I can tell you now so many Season 10 moments are going to crack my personal all time Shamy top 10 and some will be really high up the list. :)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Here's a scenario of why I think maybe Sheldon had the ring in his pocket (because I can't see him carrying it around in case he feels the time is right to propose when Amy's not even there and is in fact clear across the country).

What Penny had told him the night before and what everyone else was hinting at and Amy's discomfort (remember he's not completely clueless when his friends are trying to tell him something), he thought about it all night and planned on confronting Ramona and asking her flat out.  What he was probably thinking of if she said that yes, she was interested in him romantically, he would list the reasons why he couldn't get involved with her that way and if she still didn't take no for an answer, he'd show her the ring he was planning on giving to his girlfriend.  

But instead she physically refused to take no for an answer and it freaked him out to the point he figured he's going to propose to Amy anyway and this woman was clearly not taking no for an answer so why not nip it all in the bud right now?

Thoughts?

I just can't stop admiring your imagination here.  I can see Sheldon having every intension of tellin Ramona, "you see, what you are after is not possible," Sheldon reaches in his pocket, "I am in a committed relationship and intend to give this to Amy when she returns from Princeton."

Instead Ramona kisses him, he feels violated (thanks again @April) and seeks Amy out immediately for consoling by asking for her hand.  

I'd like Amy's reaction to be similar to when he handed her the plane crash proof suitcase.  She will be ecstatic that he finally figured it out, and possibly want an explanation.  He will explain what happened with Ramona and his hopes she won't want to return the used goods mishandled by another.

In the end, I whole-heartedly believe Amy will welcome the proposal perhaps with a little panic attack, but she will be very anxious to accept, no matter the circumstances that led Sheldon to her door.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, April said:

Easily reaching 500 pages is not a fact. Not yet. :icon_wink:

I meant the fact we could reach it, not we easily reach the  500 pages. When I signed up to the forum this thread was already opened. I dont know how many pages  in previous seasons shamy thread reached. Some forum stuff is still new for me , I am up dating about it yet. :)

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

I meant the fact we could reach it, not we easily reach the  500 pages. When I signed up to the forum this thread was already opened. I dont know how many pages  im previous seasons shamy thread reached. Some forum stuff is still new for me , I am up dating about it yet. :)

IIRC over a 1000 pages Season 9, lot to vent about though with that season lol

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Pretty sure we will have a lot of gifs after 10.24 airs...The creativity of the fandom about the proposal will be endless!

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Jonny said:

IIRC over a 1000 pages Season 9, lot to vent about though with that season lol

Wow... statistically two pages of s9 vent to about one of  s10 shamy bliss. Drama really has such impact on people, hehe! Now I understand why cliffhangers are so likeable by showrunners, lol! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

Sorry to do this but....

1.  No. He couldn't find a place to hide a priceless family heirloom for a year?

2.  No.  She's been gone for about a week. He's not going to carry around a priceless family heirloom in his pocket for a week and not put it away.

3.  No.  There's a 3 hour time difference from one coast to the other.  So at noon when he left Ramona in his office, it was 3:00 in the afternoon for Amy.  By the time he got to her, what's opened?  And being in such a hurry, why would he stop and get a ring that in the end, isn't going to be the real one to give her?

This is incredibly rude. You have no more information than I have and to think you know more than other fans isn't arrogant.  And none of your points are valid. The first is just a question.  The second ignores the fact that Leonard had a ring in his wallet, so it's in the show's history.  As for the 3rd maybe he got it from a crane game or one of those 50c vending machines for kids outside of grocery stores.  None of us has any idea.  I was just having fun speculating, but having someone go through your post and dismiss rudely everything you've said isn't fun.  

30 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Last year we had our top 10 countdown of Shamy moments before the new season thread opened right? That would provide some discussion if it's run again this year. I can tell you now so many Season 10 moments are going to crack my personal all time Shamy top 10 and some will be really high up the list. :)

I just recently re-read the early parts of this thread. The Top 10 was in here, as well as the forum episode tournaments and my pre-S10 rewatch. And that's like the first 30 pages or so.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jonny said:

This time I'll only use s10 moments to avoid the headache.

• Like 3

On 4/27/2017 at 10:53 AM, April said:

Or to quote one of my favourite movies: "... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

oh crap this made me so happy thanks for the qoute and i have to see this movie

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, April said:

Picking my Top 10 S10 moments would already be hard enough ! LOL

But actually voting for our favourite S10 moments is a great idea for after 10x24 aired. Show of hands, who's with me?

rai.jpg

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, shamyarmy2016 said:

oh crap this made me so happy thanks for the qoute and i have to see this movie

For the longest time one of my crack ideas for a Shamy scene has been (and still is tbh) for them to sit down and watch "When Harry met Sally..."

The idea has only gotten more appealing with recent developments (their reactions to the Sheldon scene alone would be gold!). LOL

Edited by April
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, April said:

Picking my Top 10 S10 moments would already be hard enough ! LOL

But actually voting for our favourite S10 moments is a great idea for after 10x24 aired. Show of hands, who's with me?

Favourites S10 moments?

tumblr_o5mvc3CuNn1vncyhvo1_400.gif

• Like 7

1 hour ago, MsRajeshFowlerCooper said:

This is incredibly rude. You have no more information than I have and to think you know more than other fans isn't arrogant.  And none of your points are valid. The first is just a question.  The second ignores the fact that Leonard had a ring in his wallet, so it's in the show's history.  As for the 3rd maybe he got it from a crane game or one of those 50c vending machines for kids outside of grocery stores.  None of us has any idea.  I was just having fun speculating, but having someone go through your post and dismiss rudely everything you've said isn't fun.  

I wasn't trying to be rude.  I apologize if it came out that way to you.  Which is why the very first thing I say is "Sorry to do this." because I know I can be extremely blunt and outspoken and a lot of times it comes out wrong.  Especially when it's written and not face to face.  

You're right.  I don't have more information than you or anybody else.  And I think some of my points are valid.  I was just honestly curious as to why he had the ring on him.  What LOGICAL reason would there be?

Yeah the first was a question.  Would you care to answer it?  The second is what LEONARD did and we're talking about SHELDON.  And third, really?  You'd be ok with a guy proposing to you with a cheap ring from a machine?

But of course at the end of the day, we'll probably never know why or he came to have a ring already on him and besides, we need to fill up another 100 pages to get to 500.  

• Like 2