The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

JFC.....I'm trying to run errands guys.  Get a calculator and work it out with me!  

Season 1 - 17

season 2 - 23

season 3-10 - 24

total is 232

Season 11.  

250 - 232 = 18

edit:  my bad

son of a bitch....season 3 had only 23 episodes too and snapepans beat me to it. 

Sorry!!!  Never mind me!!  I suck at juggling!!  Lol. Yep. Episode 19 it is

Edited by Kathy2611
  • Like 4

But...Season 3 also has 23 episodes as Season 2, I remember this because Amy's first appearance was 323, The Lunar Excitation. 

• Like 4

20 hours ago, mirs1 said:

mis.gif

That smile is so beautiful. :maninlove: 

16 hours ago, joyceraye said:

It's a few years since Amy said she'd been in neuroscience for fifteen years.

In The Vacation Solution, she says she's been training in the field of neurobiology for 12 years, not 15.

On that basis, as of today, it's just over 17 years.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

No.  Season 2 only had 23 episodes

Doesn't matter.

10.24 is episode 231.

Based on that, 11.19 will be episode 250.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Doesn't matter.

10.24 is episode 231.

Based on that, 11.19 will be episode 250.

Do you read the rest of the way down when you comment?  I caught my mistake hours ago but thanks anyway. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

Do you read the rest of the way down when you comment? 

No, I reply as I read.

If I read to the end, before replying, I tend to forget what I want to reply to. :) 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, I reply as I read.

If I read to the end, before replying, I tend to forget what I want to reply to. :) 

Lol....I've done that too.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

No, I reply as I read.

Me too. Sometimes the replies move faster than I can post.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Jonny said:

If they don't introduce any of her family I will be doing a Wrath of Khan esque MOLAROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

See, honestly, I don't need that. I mean, we need mom obviously, but not anyone else. I just do not trust them to do it right. I was SO disappointed when we met Meemaw and Penny's brother, I just do not trust them anymore.

Just now, Die Zimtzicke said:

See, honestly, I don't need that. I mean, we need mom obviously, but not anyone else. I just do not trust them to do it right. I was SO disappointed when we met Meemaw and Penny's brother, I just do not trust them anymore.

The show has enough characters already.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

The show has enough characters already.

I mean, they can be there, maybe at a shower or something, and Amy can be pointing out an aunt or cousin to the girls, but they do NOT need their own storylines from my standpoint.

Hmmm. I’m a little conflicted about the sneak peaks for 10.23. Don’t get me wrong, I’m beyond excited for this episode, but I don’t know how I feel re Amy’s concern about Sheldon being OK on his own. I guess I don’t mind it as a set up for next season in terms of Sheldon overcoming some of these independence issues, but I’m a little skeptical. I’m more of a fan of the 2 weirdos against the world approach (that they mostly accomplished nicely this season) rather than the Amy is taking care of her challenged boyfriend approach. It’s one of the reasons (among many!) that I can’t re-watch the Meemaw episode.

Sheldon is ultimately pretty self-sufficient at this point. Sure he’ll always struggle with social cues, but he has a license (I know, he doesn’t use it), has a prestigious job, and can handle 2 simultaneous projects at once. I’m fine with the occasional Amy helps Sheldon through a difficult situation plot (although I wish the scales would be a bit more balanced with that one), but the idea that she thinks he can’t make it without her throws me off a little … especially since he’s sensitive to her opinion of him. I also wasn’t a fan of the Amy handles Sheldon’s mom for him by telling her they’re living together plot. I’m not convinced Amy is heaps better at understanding people and relationships anyway. OK a little better, I suppose. (This is not an Amy diss. I adore her character. I just like balance in their relationship.)

I guess it’s largely setting up the conflict in the next episode. It may also be fodder for setting up an Amy learns to trust Sheldon's autonomy/independence arc in season 11. Also I’m sure I’ll forget all about this little quibble after seeing 10.23. I don’t know. Anyone with clearer thoughts want to weigh in on this one?

• Like 6

@littleknee  I agree with you. I prefer when Shamy are,  as you say , 2 weirdos against the world(esp FWF !!), as opposed to Amy as the patient caregiver to her difficult challenged problematic boyfriend . I know it is true to some extent , but it is not nearly as fun or as comedic as the former dynamic.

It is also a bit insulting to Sheldon that Amy doesn't think he can make it on his own. I mean, Sheldon has a good job. He is educated and intelligent. He can cook, he takes care of his health , his hygiene, he does his household chores, he maintains a tidy apartment and he pays his bills. Sheldon can apparently drive too now.

I don't know why they love to do this . Its not as funny. Even if it is true, Leonard and Penny are there to support Sheldon. He still has his friends. I don't see any reason for Amy to worry that much. I mean, she should worry about missing him like a boyfriend and partner, not as a pet/patient/child/burden she has to take care of.

21 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I think Amy is simply projecting her imaginary fears.  Everything we see in the sneak peeks takes place before she tells Sheldon about Princeton.  So of course, she is imagining the worst.

That is true but I would love to see the reverse more often. If it is one sided, it becomes too much. Amy will be living alone in Princeton too. Why ignore that ? So I would like to see Amy depending on Sheldon too . Like how sometimes Penny relies on Leonard and vice versa.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 8

13 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

@littleknee  I agree with you. I prefer when Shamy are,  as you say , 2 weirdos against the world(esp FWF !!), as opposed to Amy as the patient caregiver to her difficult challenged problematic boyfriend . I know it is true to some extent , but it is not nearly as fun or as comedic as the former dynamic.

Boo-YEAH!

I can't wait for his reaction when she brings brains and monkeys or god-knows-what, home from the office.

Edited by Capt. Hilts
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I mean, she should worry about missing him like a boyfriend and partner

Yep. That's what I was expecting to see from the sneak peeks, which is what threw me off.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

It is also a bit insulting to Sheldon that Amy doesn't think he can make it on his own. I mean, Sheldon has a good job. He is educated and intelligent. He can cook, he takes care of his health , his hygiene, he does his household chores, he maintains a tidy apartment and he pays his bills. Sheldon can apparently drive too now.

I don't know why they love to do this . Even if that is true, Leonard and Penny are there to support Sheldon. He still has his friends. I don't see any reason for Amy to worry that much. I mean, she should worry about missing him like a boyfriend and partner, not as a pet/patient/child she has to take care of.

That is true but I would love to see the reverse more often. If it is one sided, it becomes too much. Amy will be living alone in Princeton too. Why ignore that ? So I would like to see Amy depending on Sheldon too . I think the episode , once it airs should be better than what we see now. I like that Amy misses Sheldon correcting her grammar. That would be in 10.24 though.

We do get little bits from Sheldon doing things for Amy, but they're not necessarily funny, the brunch he made, waking her up at midnight on her birthday, making her toast (even when he was sick)....Sheldon doing things for Amy seems to be more awwww inducing rather than laugh inducing. 

• Like 8

I agree. From the TR, it does indeed seem like Sheldon is upset about Amy leaving because he’s going to miss her, not because he’s not sure how he can fend for himself. That’s why there seems to be a mismatch. I’m not too hung up on it though, since we’ve only got 2 super short clips to go on :shy:

I thought the Amy/Sheldon bed scenes were great this year. And I like that Amy can soothe Sheldon and get through/explain things to him in ways others can’t. To me, there was an underpinning of believing in him. Like when he got frustrated that he couldn’t understand emotions, she assured him that he was getting better and that though he struggles with that issue, it’s not necessarily bigger or more egregious than other struggles people have (like her with her sight). In turn, this year we had Sheldon forgiving Amy for lying about her apartment and elevating her work through his scientific contributions.

In all, it felt like there was a really nice balance in their relationship. That’s exactly why these two scenes from 10.23 felt off to me. But I suppose this aspect of their relationship does appear from time to time, like when she made him sit on the stairs during the Bert gets a girlfriend episode, or the somewhat unfortunate (to me) Texas episode. There is even sometimes a nice leveling of the playing field, like Amy misreading the Bert’s girlfriend situation, rather than Sheldon, and admitting she was wrong, or Sheldon’s mom calling Amy a weirdo too.

Regardless, no relationship is perfect. This could either be a dynamic that occasionally gets trotted out for jokes, or another hurdle that they have to overcome together. I’m not too fussed about it. Just something to discuss :shy:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, shamyyellow said:

I understand what you guys are saying, but what about worrying that Sheldon is going to miss her and be sad? It's not like she made a list of things she's afraid he isn't self-sufficient enough to do. Penny jumped to conclusions by saying he can take care of himself and the writers took it upon themselves to make a joke out of it. Amy's original concern was, "I don't know how he's going to feel about that" and throughout the episode, he felt sad... not concerned that he couldn't take care of himself. If Amy really didn't believe he could, she never would've left. 

However, in a very real way, there are concerns when it comes to leaving Sheldon alone. Anybody who can't read emotions very well and is reliant on a routine is going to have a much harder time navigating through life without their live-in significant other. And that's exactly what the finale is about. Sheldon was happy for her, she left because she trusted he would be ok, and something happened to legitimize any concerns they had. This season has focused a lot on Sheldon's own frustrations about his shortcomings. In fact, there were two separate bed scenes with Sheldon and Amy that addressed his very real sadness over his inability to read emotions and his concern that he wasn't going to make any big contributions to science. Both times, Amy is the one who is able to get through to him.

I think that's another reason everything that happens in the finale goes so horribly. He needed Amy to explain what was happening in a way he would understand. He takes her word above everyone else's and would cut ties with Ramona immediately if he thought there was any threat to his relationship with Amy... as we see. 

All of this really just seems like a testament to their relationship and just how much they love/need each other. 

You say they need each other. TBH, I get the sense that Sheldon needs Amy, but I don't get the sense that Amy needs Sheldon at all. If Sheldon left town, is there anything Sheldon would have to worry about Amy because she depends on Sheldon for it ? probably need to jog my memory. I could be wrong.

Also, Also, wasn't it Penny  that finally talks to Sheldon in the finale about Ramona ? not Amy. Sheldon has many people who can help him with navigating social situations - Penny and Leonard included. It was the gang who informed Amy in the first place about Ramona. So I would not want Amy to be relegated to have the same dynamic with Sheldon, that L/P/everyone else has. Not all the time at least.

Like I said, Sheldon has great cooking skills, cleaning skills, he takes care of his health and hygiene, has a job, pays the bills, takes care of others' finances too  and even drives now. He has his friends too for social support. So not seeing a big deal about it.

basically i agree with you but, it boils down to the fact that I find Shamy being awkward eccentric lovers more funny than Amy helping/care taking Sheldon deal with his emotions/shortcomings/life. It might be realistic, but it is just not as funny.Which means I have probably given this more thought, than what is needed LOL.

Edited by serena_1995
ETA something
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

You say they need each other. TBH, I get the sense that Sheldon needs Amy, but I don't get the sense that Amy needs Sheldon at all. If Sheldon left town, is there anything Sheldon would have to worry about Amy because she depends on Sheldon for it ? probably need to jog my memory. I could be wrong.

Also, wasn't it Penny  that finally talks to Sheldon in the finale about Ramona ? Sheldon has many people who can help him with navigating social situations - Penny and Leonard included. It was the gang who informed Amy in the first place about Ramona. So I would not want Amy to be relegated to have the same dynamic with Sheldon, that L/P/everyone else has. Not all the time at least.

basically i agree with you but, it probably boils down to the fact that I find Shamy being awkward eccentric lovers more funny than Amy helping/care taking Sheldon deal with his emotions/shortcomings. It might be realistic, but it is just not as funny.Which means I have probably given this more thought, that what is needed.

Yes it was, but he was listening with one ear. I'm not saying Amy is the only person in his life that he listens to, but Penny and Leonard seem to be reserved for when she's not around or when it's about her. 

As for Sheldon needing Amy but not the other way around? I don't see that. He might be a special case where he may actually need her, but it's been made more than obvious for the last 7 years that Amy is enamored by Sheldon. Lets not forget the heartbreak of seeing her rejected by him in S9. Yes, I could do without the writers transferring Leonard and Penny's parenting onto her, but I'd take that over the unrequited, one-sided pining we saw for years.

I will say I'm not quite sure when Amy got so serious and stern, though. That is something I'd like to see a lot less of, because giddy, happy, silly Amy is my favorite.

• Like 9