Tensor

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, spidergirl said:

...of another sleepless night, hehe! I think I will sleep properly again on May 12! :icon_cheesygrin:

I'm not sure I shall. I think it will be the day after the TR of  S11ep01 that I sleep properly again. :)

From Glamour

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 Episode 23 Recap: Amy and Sheldon Have a Big Moment We Didn't See Coming

Shamy fans, how you doing? Still breathing? Because aside from an engagement, there hasn't been a more adorable or dare I say it—sexy—episode of The Big Bang Theory for Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler.

<more in the link>

(Jessica, we saw it coming ...lol)

20 minutes ago, vonmar said:

From Glamour

The Big Bang Theory Season 10 Episode 23 Recap: Amy and Sheldon Have a Big Moment We Didn't See Coming

Shamy fans, how you doing? Still breathing? Because aside from an engagement, there hasn't been a more adorable or dare I say it—sexy—episode of The Big Bang Theory for Sheldon Cooper and Amy Farrah Fowler.

<more in the link>

(Jessica, we saw it coming ...lol)

Sounds like she absolutely loved it reading that review. Social media seems to be very positive about the episode well.

I wish it was morning now so I could watch it!

Edited by Jonny

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I'm not sure I shall. I think it will be the day after the TR of  S11ep01 that I sleep properly again. :)

I know what you mean. Meawhile between 10.24 and 11.01 I will have more well slept nights, as this waiting for see the remain episodes is killing me , lol!

24 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Sounds like she absolutely loved it reading that review. Social media seems to be very positive about the episode well.

I wish it was morning now so I could watch it!

Same here. I only saw the snipet of the kiss as Sheldon expressed desire to making love to Amy and I am totally melted here! Can not wait for watching the whole thing!!

Edited by spidergirl

I loved the way Sheldon's part was scripted and the way Jim played it !  Some of his usual stuff was there : what if he became eccentric living alone, Einstein versus Leonard, playing the blues, informing his other half about his bowel movements (The latter merely being what my parents' generation seemed to do a lot of anyway and wouldn't seem odd to them at all - possibly something to do with the consequences of what foods had been available in their wartime youth) and avoiding wine even though there was no immediate work to do etc - BUT  how sensibly and 'plain' he spoke to Amy in a normal, adult voice for so much of the time. Sweet. I hope we get more of that.  It balances him out. The TR for ep 24 describing his serious face at the end seems to promise it for the future.

What an episode...

- Amy making him oatmeal (I love it when they be all domestic)

- "My baby done left me"

- Sheldon trying to be a loving and supportive boyfriend

- The way he caresses her arm when they kiss

- "...you find yourself craving a hit of this..." "It's a risk I'm willing to take."

- THE DIRTY TALK OMG

- "I'll love you no matter what"

- "Just remember, I am proud of you, and I support you in all that you do."

So much yes.

Edited by Giuseppe

I love supportive Sheldon! I thought it was so great how Sheldon never tried to talk Amy out of going, instead telling her she must go, even though it upset him.  As an added bonus, so nice that CBS chose to rerun the Annual Birthday Booty Spectacular in the 8:30 timeslot. 

Really enjoyed the episode. Sheldon singing the blues, over Amy's temporary absence. He is a real boy!

Really looking forward to the next episode.

Edited by djsurrey

Shamy were the definition of perfect in this ep! Like if you open the dictionary next to the word perfect there will be Shamy.

Amy making him that oatmeal and telling him she'll love him anyway even if he turns eccentric while she's away (lol). And every time Sheldon opened his mouth to talk about/to Amy my inner fangirl scream got shriller and shriller!:icon_razz:

Amy is a supporting character in a relationship with one of the main ones and the effects of that were very obvious in this ep - it was all about how Sheldon will miss Amy and Amy's worry about him (I think I remember someone saying this is a theme that ties 10.23 and 10.24 together). Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm completely OK with that and IMO this was one of the best eps of the season!

Guys it was so so perfect [emoji7][emoji173]️, I loved it so much . I've teared up too [emoji24][emoji24]. So many feelings adorable, adorkable, funny, sweet and sexy all rolled into one .....how will we survive next weeks finale !!
....that episode !!!!!! It was everything [emoji24][emoji24]. He's so in love with her ......the hints for next week, "I'll love you no matter what " from Amy and all Sheldon's I'm so proud of you and rely on you etc etc he is so ready to propose [emoji7][emoji7][emoji173]️. I'm gonna hate the Ramona crap but it'll all be fine in the end - oh going to watch again [emoji7][emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh, it could be more perfect? Loved this episode so much , imo one of the best of the season. <3

I realy enjoyed how Sheldon handled  with the chance of  Amy going to Princeton , as the tone of his speech was never quite  selfish  but it showed a heartfelt tone from a person who was facing something which would deeply affect his happiness  and confort as he would have to adapt to that change because his girl would be happy. The maturity shown by Sheldon tied perfectly with what we wil see about the way he decided to propose Amy in next episode imo. Because Sheldon doesnt freak out or panick when something get more difficult to him to face nowdays  but he tries to handle with that in best way he could and he is also willing to follow advices when he is in trouble. This episode was really a great way to close in a golden way such beautiful  and heartfelt Sheldon journey to maturity route in this season. I must confess I got a bit emotional with the tag scene by Sheldon being helpful to take the bagagge from Amy as they went downstairs, his caring words for her and the last quote really worked out better imo than the falling in love with other scientist. Since the confession from Sheldon to Amy about how was nice and confortable to him to wake up everyday with Amy in his side, the way he said she should go to Princeton and expressed her he wanted to be intimate with her but not as he was taking advantage for doing what he wanted until his care for they text each other  and do often skype calls, my friends, my heart is filled with proud for our couple! Amy also showed she knows how to handled with Sheldon but she also is more able  now to express her wishes and fighting for her own stuff.  The episode was more Sheldon centered about his feelings  but imo Amy also shown a confidence even after  a normal  hesitation and she again openly assured him she loves him anyway. They can do everything and together they face anything for their happiness as a couple and as individuals. 

Some more notes I really loved:

* Not a single joke inapropriate made by Sheldon about Amy going to Princeton imo. It was really a high quality writen episode.  That quote from Amy to Penny about if Sheldon could make it by himself, even that tone was acceptable, as it worked more imo like a Amy's  doubt about what she (Penny) really thought. Bravo writers!

* The Shelnard moment was touching. That's what friends are for and I realy lovedthe way Leonard's words helped Sheldon going  to the right direction.

* Sheldon  was so ic but at same time so much mature.  I love this Sheldon, writers keep him for the future episodes, please! Kudos to Jim whose performance was outstanding, he is a talent not only about comedy but also in more dramatic moments. And Sheldon will be a character for always remember because Jim's performance.  Sheldon Cooper onlu could be performed by him

* The pre frenzied lovemaking scene. Gosh the moment was so heartfelt and so spontaneous from the heart, my fav shamy scene. I loved shamy body language  as Amy kissed him and the way Sheldon kissed her back and at same time made his intentions clear.  Sheldon did not decide to make love to Amy imo as a spur of moment, I felt here that both were kind of circle the question earlier. I mean Amy s reaction to Penny's  words about they  were not very physical that could be an issue for Amy's  absence gave me that impression and the way Sheldon justified his sugestion as a way of he giving himself to her as they would miss each other . The skype it was priceless and the "I am " of Amy was wonderful  s well. Loved she did not asked him if it was okay.  Of course it was okay, they feel desire and love to each other! Once in a year, you are now part of past, hehe!

* The blues scene was so beautiful.  Who wrote this episode, please dont stop!

* The dirty talk, lol! Who would say our couple was noisy kind? So much passion,  loved it!

Surely I will remember more stuff I would talk about this wonderful episode later. I am really happy about the page our couple is right now in their relationship.  Next episode will be also a big challenge for shamy but their love is bulletproof. And they now know how to face everything in name of their love.

Edited by spidergirl

I loved the episode! It was the perfect set up for the finale, it makes totally sense to me that Sheldon proposes in the next episode, this one sums up all the reasons why this is the right moment for them! There are so many things I liked about Shamy in this one...

First off, I'm happy for Amy, she deserved a career opportunity to shine! I'm aware probably we'll not see much of that (even if I hope for a couple of episodes in S. 11 with her in Princeton where we can have a glimpse of how her fellowship proceeds) but it's good to see all the gang rooting for her and supporting her. She was also very proud of herself, the little smile she made when Sheldon pointed out how prestigious Princeton is shows how much she wanted to work there. It was a "couple" decision, and from the sound of it she was even willing to let it go if Sheldon asked her to, but obviously Sheldon knew she should have accepted it. On that respect, I'm also happy that, even being really upset about the situation, from the get go Sheldon knew what the outcome would have been. He might have briefly considered to "trick" Amy into staying, but he didn't act on that. That was a HUGE opportunity for Amy and he knew it.

Usually I'm not a fan of the sentence "I need you" in a relationship, but in the particular case of Shamy I interpret it more as Sheldon completely accepting Amy's role in his life. That is the perfect set up for a proposal. On the other hand, though, in the tag he himself acknowledged he has never really lived by himself, I think it's a good opportunity for him. Again, I hope for a couple of episodes during the next season where we can see how he has coped, probably he will become a bit "eccentric", LOL! I loved all the tag scene (even the mention to a tall scientist, LOL!), it was sweet to see Sheldon (who usually doesn't carry any weight) to carry her luggage downstairs and expressing how proud he is of Amy's accomplishment. Also, how they were taking agreements about Skype calls and text messaging from that point on, it was a very "couple"-ish thing to do, not too cheesy and very realistic, IMO.

Finally, I'm so so happy the once a year thing is gone, Shamy sexy time was very sweet and very "them", and really the sex talk with Raj and Lenny in the hall was hilarious! 

I would  really like in beginning of s11 we could heard from Amy's  feelings about be in Priceton ( what she was doing, how she was doing ) and how she missed Sheldon. We know the fellowship was something she really wanted for the prestige it would bring to her career but I wanted so much to know more what was in Amy's  heart and mind. We know she was already missing Sheldon, she was worried about how he would be doing without her  but it would be so cool if she could be more vocal about that. Maybe the set up for the proposal could show that to us as shamy would have a talk about everything that happened in 10.24 and also about the proposal.

One detail I forgot in my earlier post: the hand holding as they were going to the bedroom.  The way they hold hands us so sweet and the way Sheldon looked at Amy? Sweet, tender and flirty, I melted here, hehe!

And cant stop to stare at this perfection!:wub:

81579c2b-ab25-4687-acaa-cb593299e666.gif

Ever since 9x11 I've dreamed of seeing Sheldon take Amy by the hand and lead her to the bedroom....well, that dream just came true!!!!

What a wonderful, full of Shamy perfection episode....I loved it!!

3 hours ago, Judith said:

Amy is a supporting character in a relationship with one of the main ones and the effects of that were very obvious in this ep - it was all about how Sheldon will miss Amy and Amy's worry about him (I think I remember someone saying this is a theme that ties 10.23 and 10.24 together). Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm completely OK with that and IMO this was one of the best eps of the season!

I think the way the story was told made sense, not just because of the fact Sheldon is a main character. In this particular situation, Amy really wanted to go to Princeton,  this was a huge thing for her career. So she was willing to face some discomfort for that, to miss Sheldon and her friends, because of this opportunity. She was concerned about Sheldon, and him being not ok with her going was the only thing which could have possibly stopped her, even if I'm very pleased he thought from the get go that she should have accepted the fellowship. Pretty sure, if we have an opportunity to see Amy at Princeton next season, or maybe even in the next episode during the Skype calls, she will miss Sheldon and her life with him, but in this episode she was just really excited and proud of herself for the accomplishment.

Edited by mirs1

9 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think the way the story was told made sense, not just because of the fact Sheldon is a main character. In this particular situation, Amy really wanted to go to Princeton,  this was a huge thing for her career. So she was willing to face some discomfort for that, to miss Sheldon and her friends, because of this opportunity. She was concerned about Sheldon, and him being not ok with her going was the only thing which could have possibly stopped her, even if I'm very pleased he thought from the get go that she should have accepted the fellowship. Pretty sure, if we have an opportunity to see Amy at Princeton next season, or maybe even in the next episode during the Skype calls, she will miss Sheldon and her life with him, but in this episode she is really happy and proud of herself for the accomplishment.

I agree. And I remember in the TR of 1024, when they are skyping with each other, they express that they miss one another, and Amy thinks it is weird that Sheldon isn't there to correct her grammar, then Sheldon starts correcting her grammar. I think this scene is a perfect example as they really miss each other. Not one-sided or whatnot.

3 minutes ago, snapepans said:

I agree. And I remember in the TR of 1024, when they are skyping with each other, they express that they miss one another, and Amy thinks it is weird that Sheldon isn't there to correct her grammar, then Sheldon starts correcting her grammar. I think this scene is a perfect example as they really miss each other. Not one-sided or whatnot.

Oh, yes, I forgot about that!!! Another thing to look forward too!!!