[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

41 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think the way the story was told made sense, not just because of the fact Sheldon is a main character. In this particular situation, Amy really wanted to go to Princeton,  this was a huge thing for her career. So she was willing to face some discomfort for that, to miss Sheldon and her friends, because of this opportunity. She was concerned about Sheldon, and him being not ok with her going was the only thing which could have possibly stopped her, even if I'm very pleased he thought from the get go that she should have accepted the fellowship. Pretty sure, if we have an opportunity to see Amy at Princeton next season, or maybe even in the next episode during the Skype calls, she will miss Sheldon and her life with him, but in this episode she was just really excited and proud of herself for the accomplishment.

You're right, I just had in mind some posts I read here when the promo clips came out about Amy not talking about her own feelings. No offence to the posters, it just made me think.

26 minutes ago, snapepans said:

I agree. And I remember in the TR of 1024, when they are skyping with each other, they express that they miss one another, and Amy thinks it is weird that Sheldon isn't there to correct her grammar, then Sheldon starts correcting her grammar. I think this scene is a perfect example as they really miss each other. Not one-sided or whatnot.

I was about to mention that but you beat me to it! Btw I wasn't trying to imply that Amy won't miss Sheldon in my previous post. My point was that with Sheldon being a main character whilecAmy isca supporting, the writers' priorities will be different in many ways.

• Like 7

I thought this was a great episode and I liked that Sheldon was supportive of Amy from the beginning, but did anyone actually feel bad for Sheldon a bit about losing his project ? am I the only one ? I know the guidance system project was not my favorite, but seeing hard work go unacknowledged is difficult  for me, even for fictional characters. Other characters don't have as much focus as Sheldon, but they also are not shown to face as many lows/crisis as Sheldon does(except maybe Penny). which is why i always had more sympathy for Sheldon.

I know it is realistic to lose your job and project, but IDK,  they way they did it felt off. One minute they  are celebrating ....and the next the rug is pulled. I guess, when I think of the episode where he gets sick and exhausted as he is managing both his project with Amy and with the guys, and also think of the near-breakdown he had about not getting the Math done.....it feels like it was all for nothing. Perhaps this is off topic.

Edited by serena_1995
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I thought this was a great episode and I liked that Sheldon was supportive of Amy from the beginning, but did anyone actually feel bad for Sheldon a bit about losing his project ? am I the only one ? I know the guidance system project was not my favorite, but seeing hard work go unacknowledged is difficult  for me, even for fictional characters. Other characters don't have as much focus as Sheldon, but they also are not shown to face as many lows/crisis as Sheldon does(except maybe Penny). which is why i always had more sympathy for Sheldon.

I know it is realistic to lose your job and project, but IDK,  they way they did it felt off. One minute they  are celebrating ....and the next the rug is pulled. I guess, when I think of the episode where he gets sick and exhausted as he is managing both his project with Amy and with the guys, and also think of the near-breakdown he had about not getting the Math done.....it feels like it was all for nothing. Perhaps this is off topic.

Yeah the guidance system project didn't really captivate me but yes I did feel sorry for the guys. They clearly put a lot of time and effort into it from the original idea to getting a working prototype up and running.

If it was to end this way then I would take that over the possible idea of Sheldon's incident at the bar resulted in them losing it. If they really wanted to go the drama route and create friction in the final two episodes and possibly beyond they could have done that. I am so glad they didn't.

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 9

48 minutes ago, serena_1995 said:

I know it is realistic to lose your job and project, but IDK,  they way they did it felt off. One minute they  are celebrating ....and the next the rug is pulled. I guess, when I think of the episode where he gets sick and exhausted as he is managing both his project with Amy and with the guys, and also think of the near-breakdown he had about not getting the Math done.....it feels like it was all for nothing. Perhaps this is off topic.

I also feel bad for Sheldon for his hard work and focus on that project as it was something would bring very prestige to his and to guys careers.

Actually  the way the project ended was one of the things I did not enjoy in the episode as it had non plausible reasons imo. However there are times in people's  lives that everything seem go wrong like the rug under their feet was pulled. This episode imo worked well about it as Sheldon’s life suddenly had some things that were got from his will and his biggest challenge was handling with the loss of the project and the temporary stay of Amy in Princeton the best way he can. Even the absence of Amy turned out as something more powerful to Sheldon than the loss of the project itself, which makes all sense for the emotional effect a temporary staying away means to a couple who live together 

Hopefully s11 might show more from the new work projects Sheldon might participate or maybe we can see development from his project with Amy, which I would really love the writters pick that one. All things in shamy's side mean so much potencial for great stories at the moment . Crossing fingers for watch them in next two years.

Edited by spidergirl
Some points were improved
  • Like 8

9 hours ago, Jonny said:

Kind of enjoyed that we heard something from the bedroom and that proves you don't always need to see the actual scene or the aftermath to convey what is going or has gone on. Is it just me or did you enjoy that Raj heard it? This is a guy who has in the past ridiculed their relationship, never got it or understood it sometimes and yet it works for them. Penny's nor Leonard's reaction doesn't surprise me lol.

That was squicky to me because, as I said in a post a few days back, Raj's being in 4A was, in many ways, an invasion of privacy as Raj was not that close to Leonard, Penny and Sheldon, and less so, Amy.  

Leonard, Penny and Sheldon, essentially, have lived together for ten years.  Raj isn't part of that.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Capt. Hilts said:

That was squicky to me because, as I said in a post a few days back, Raj's being in 4A was, in many ways, an invasion of privacy as Raj was not that close to Leonard, Penny and Sheldon, and less so, Amy.  

Leonard, Penny and Sheldon, essentially, have lived together for ten years.  Raj isn't part of that.

I had no problem with Raj being there at that moment (but then again I had no issues with him being in 4A, if anything the writers wasted that storyline imo).

Like I said Raj has mocked their relationship for some time so anything that goes against this negative stance he has shown (them having sex in this case and by the sounds of it enjoying it) I see it as going against what he might feel. They are in a loving relationship no matters what he thinks.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, serena_1995 said:

No you are not, Serena. It is unfair, that they just took away their project from them, after they spend so many time, efforts and even tears into it. I hope they fight for it and try to get it back, even if it is just to stop them from using it for rockets or other destructive devices. 

The Episode had everything I was hoping for: funny moments, tender moments of love and support and important insights. 

I'm still over the moon.

giphy-4.gif

• Like 9

Just now, wowbagger said:

I heard 'form of stimulation' as well. I'm happy with either version!

Oh good, I'm not going crazy! lol

(I'd be fine with either version as well btw.)

• Like 7