[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

Loved this episode so much! Wow, Sheldon has really gone all in on his relationship with Amy. I watched a few old episodes this week and its really nice to see the progression in their relationship.

Folks have already pointed out the things I loved but here are a few favorites:

Amy’s dirty talk was clinical scientific and Sheldon’s had more abandon.  A nice capper for the redressing of the sexual balance in this relationship. I think any lingering doubts about Sheldon’s desire can be finally erased.

How quickly Amy answers, “I am” to Sheldon’s query of interest.

Sheldon caressing Amy’s arm.

The intertwined finger handhold toward the bedroom … awwww.

I didn’t know we were getting an “I love you" from Amy. That and Amy telling Sheldon that he’s important made me feel better about any weird dynamics about her worrying about Sheldon, more than missing him. I’m good now :shy:

It was amusing to hear Sheldon say that Amy’s insistence on being around him is annoying. It was said matter of factly, but somehow sweetly, and it’s a reminder of how much she adores him.

Sheldon’s face had a similar reaction to Amy’s Princeton news as he did to her breaking up with him on Skype. This was a really big deal to him (before he came to a good place with it), yet he still tried to be supportive and encouraging in his own flawed way.

We get reminded that Amy is smart, talented, and in-demand (even though I get the point about this being more about her boyfriend’s feelings.)

Sheldon buys Amy a suitcase thereby doing something thoughtful for her just because he loves her and wants to support her. Also the, “Here’s some quality luggage,” line cracked me up.

Sheldon telling Amy he likes waking up next to her. This kind of line usually makes me cringe, but Jim did a really nice job with it. 

The way Sheldon said, “of course,” when Amy asked if he wanted to walk her down the stairs. And of course, the "I'm proud of you."

I’m sure I will watch it again several times this weekend :shy:

Edited by littleknee

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two other things that stuck out for me.

In the tag, Amy comes out of the bedroom with her bag and says "okay the car is waiting, do you want to walk me downstairs?"  Amy must have taken a taxi or Uber to the airport.  Does this mean that Sheldon could be cruising around Pasadena all summer in Amy's car?  In the finale, he rushes out of his office and heads to the airport. How did he get there?  I wonder if he might be using Amy's car and driving himself to work and simply drove himself to the airport, but who knows.

When they are talking about being intimate and he warns her that when she is 3000 miles away and craving a hit of this and he says "I can't Skpe it to you".....I kind of got the impression that what he was saying was yes, going forward you can jump my bones anytime you want when we are together, but you can't do that over Skype.

30 minutes ago, vonmar said:

In the tag, Amy comes out of the bedroom with her bag and says "okay the car is waiting, do you want to walk me downstairs?"  Amy must have taken a taxi or Uber to the airport.  Does this mean that Sheldon could be cruising around Pasadena all summer in Amy's car?  In the finale, he rushes out of his office and heads to the airport. How did he get there?  I wonder if he might be using Amy's car and driving himself to work and simply drove himself to the airport, but who knows.

When they are talking about being intimate and he warns her that when she is 3000 miles away and craving a hit of this and he says "I can't Skpe it to you".....I kind of got the impression that what he was saying was yes, going forward you can jump my bones anytime you want when we are together, but you can't do that over Skype.

An invitation from Sheldon that she can initiate any time she wants 

4 hours ago, April said:

How are you guys hearing "forward stimulation"??  She says "form of stimulation". Quick, everybody rewatch the scene - we need clarity!

lol

The closed captions last night said "form of stimulation." I'm at work or I'd rewatch to confirm that is indeed what Mayim's line was.

ETA: Just rewatched the episode and Amy's line was indeed, "form of stimulation." Methinks Penny's advice and that book Leonard gave Sheldon were being put to pretty good use. ;) 

Edited by DrWackaDoodle
additional information

3 hours ago, DrWackaDoodle said:

The closed captions last night said "form of stimulation." I'm at work or I'd rewatch to confirm that is indeed what Mayim's line was.

ETA: Just rewatched the episode and Amy's line was indeed, "form of stimulation." Methinks Penny's advice and that book Leonard gave Sheldon were being put to pretty good use. ;) 

Yes.  We already know Sheldon is quite effective with stimulating Amy.  Sheldon's "naughty vixen" line followed by Amy's remark made me wonder exactly what they were trying new behind those closed doors.

11 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Yes.  We already know Sheldon is quite effective with stimulating Amy.  Sheldon's "naughty vixen" line followed by Amy's remark made me wonder exactly what they were trying new behind those closed doors.

Quoting @spidergirl  Sheldon: "Five minutes? We must be doing it wrong. It took us hours."  S10E11 The Birthday  synchronicity

2 hours ago, jenafan said:

I wondered too, especially what they had to shout so loud about. 

8 hours ago, vonmar said:

I'm almost certain the TR said that he took a taxi /uber. If he drove himself directly from work to the airport that means he must have driven himself to work that morning but I'm pretty certain he still drives with Leonard.

That's what I got from it, too, and it fits so nicely with how he's been so flirty all season long with Amy not taking the bait. Now he's outright telling her instead of just wiggling his ass into her direction - get a hint already, lady!! LOL

ETA: I'd love nothing more for Amy to seduce him next season with science or something.

Edited by April

2 minutes ago, April said:

That's what I got from it, too, and it fits so nicely with how he's been so flirty all season long with Amy not taking the bait. Now he's outright telling her instead of just wiggling his ass into her direction - get a hint already, lady!! LOL

We definitely need a AIFL (Amy Initiated frenzy lovemaking) next season!!!

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

We definitely need a AIFL (Amy Initiated frenzy lovemaking) next season!!!

Agree! I think after a schock/ panick moment about the Sheldon proposal became real, a frenzy lovemaking would be a good way to balance the emotions, lol!

Two scientists rocking Princeton walls. #For science :icon_cheesygrin:

I had to take a 24-hour cooling down period before writing down my thoughts on the episode because otherwise there would have been nothing but an incoherent sequence of "awwww" and pterodactyl noises. Not necessarily in that order.

I mean, I knew all along I would love the episode, but as always the things that often stand out to me, going into an episode spoiled, are the little things we didn't know about from the taping which take me by surprise. That entire conversation at breakfast was amazing, and you can tell the seeds of the proposal are being planted right there already. That's all Sheldon's essentially saying to her, that his life has become so interwoven with hers (and he loves it) he can't imagine himself without her. It's not about the things she can do for him, or where she can drive him to, or any of that. It's about how kind she is, and how she gets him, and how just her presence is comforting to him.

And he's saying all that BEFORE finding out she's been offered the position, so there's no manipulative intent involved there. It's all coming right from a place of love and affection. And what was wonderful when he finds out about it is (and this is something that's totally incongruent with what Sheldon said Leonard told him - which is rich coming from someone who just last episode was whining because his wife *might* work with an ex) is that his immediate reaction wasn't to stomp his feet and forbid her from going. It was to clamp down his own emotions and tell her she should take it. If that's not loving and supporting, I don't know what is. Frankly, some of the advice from Penny too reminded me of how nobody really understands Sheldon and Amy BUT Sheldon and Amy. 

And the other thing that I didn't notice until I saw gifs later on, was the way Sheldon's face changes into a big smile in the last scene, when Amy tells him that she will love him no matter what. And his overprotectiveness in insisting she texts and calls him all the time. Again, that's not the kind of neediness he had with Leonard, it's about being with her and missing her as a person. Oh, and I can't believe I nearly forgot when he tells her "I'm proud of you, and support you in everything you do". I mean, can this episode scream "relationship goals" any louder?

I don't think I have to say anything about the end of the once-a-year deal, because I'm sure there's been lots of discussion about that already ;) (and I'll catch up with it shortly). And there's not much I could say about it that I didn't already when the report came out, given how we knew every little detail about it. Hehe. But I just love the ease and how well tuned with one another they are these days. It's nice that sex can now come from a place of emotional need instead of a deadline. At the cost of sounding like a broken record, I don't care how often they do (or don't) do it, but there was just something off with that deadline. I also LOVED that when Sheldon says that thing about warning her that if she wants to "hit some of that" and she's 3000 miles away he can't skype it to her, she's all "that's a risk I'm willing to take". Once again, loud for those in the back, Amy's not necessarily that much more sexually driven than Sheldon and that's why their sex life works for them. I think they've now hit a nice, comfortable, healthy balance for them and I never felt like they're as ready to conquer the world together as they are right now. It's a great place to be as the show winds down to its end.

(Also, if this is Alex Ayers idea of an episode - given her writing credits - PLEASE WRITE MORE. And thank you.)

Edited by koops

7 minutes ago, koops said:

I had to take a 24-hour cooling down period before writing down my thoughts on the episode because otherwise there would have been nothing but an incoherent sequence of "awwww" and pterodactyl noises. Not necessarily in that order.

I mean, I knew all along I would love the episode, but as always the things that often stand out to me, going into an episode spoiled, are the little things we didn't know about from the taping which take me by surprise. That entire conversation at breakfast was amazing, and you can tell the seeds of the proposal are being planted right there already. That's all Sheldon's essentially saying to her, that his life has become so interwoven with hers (and he loves it) he can't imagine himself without her. It's not about the things she can do for him, or where she can drive him to, or any of that. It's about how kind she is, and how she gets him, and how just her presence is comforting to him.

And he's saying all that BEFORE finding out she's been offered the position, so there's no manipulative intent involved there. It's all coming right from a place of love and affection. And what was wonderful when he finds out about it is (and this is something that's totally incongruent with what Sheldon said Leonard told him - which is rich coming from someone who just last episode was whining because his wife *might* work with an ex) is that his immediate reaction wasn't to stomp his feet and forbid her from going. It was to clamp down his own emotions and tell her she should take it. If that's not loving and supporting, I don't know what is. Frankly, some of the advice from Penny too reminded me of how nobody really understands Sheldon and Amy BUT Sheldon and Amy. 

And the other thing that I didn't notice until I saw gifs later on, was the way Sheldon's face changes into a big smile in the last scene, when Amy tells him that she will love him no matter what. And his overprotectiveness in insisting she texts and calls him all the time. Again, that's not the kind of neediness he had with Leonard, it's about being with her and missing her as a person. 

I don't think I have to say anything about the end of the once-a-year deal, because I'm sure there's been lots of discussion about that already ;) (and I'll catch up with it shortly). And there's not much I could say about it that I didn't already when the report came out, given how we knew every little detail about it. Hehe. But I just love the ease and how well tuned with one another they are these days. It's nice that sex can now come from a place of emotional need instead of a deadline. At the cost of sounding like a broken record, I don't care how often they do (or don't) do it, but there was just something off with that deadline. I also LOVED that when Sheldon says that thing about warning her that if she wants to "hit some of that" and she's 3000 miles away he can't skype it to her, she's all "that's a risk I'm willing to take". Once again, loud for those in the back, Amy's not necessarily that much more sexually driven than Sheldon and that's why their sex life works for them. I think they've now hit a nice, comfortable, healthy balance for them and I never felt like they're as ready to conquer the world together as they are right now. It's a great place to be as the show winds down to its end.

(Also, if this is Alex Ayers idea of an episode - given her writing credits - PLEASE WRITE MORE. And thank you.)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this wonderful episode. Your post says everyhing that made shamies even more happier about this season and why I cant stop smiling since yesterday morning :)

I say this with a tinge of obvious favouritism lol, but if any of the awarding bodies want to consider Mayim or Jim for any of the awards this year (or if they get nominations from the public and they go through the series to see if there is anything standout) then they really should watch this episode. There are scenes throughout the season for example the Buridan's donkey scene or from a comedy perspective scenes when they were doing their living together experiment or even Amy's interactions with Penny etc. So there is plenty they could get praise for, but this episode really displays their huge talent as good as anything.

Edited by Jonny

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I say this with a tinge of bias lol, but if any of the awarding bodies want to consider Mayim or Jim for any of the awards this year (or if they get nominations from the public and they go through the series to see if there is anything standout) then they really should watch this episode. There are scenes throughout the season for example the Buridan's donkey scene or from a comedy perspective scenes when they were doing their living together experiment. So there is plenty they could get praise for, but this episode really displays their huge talent as good as anything.

True. Jim was outstanding in this episode but Mayim was equally imo outstanding as well. Her worried look full of love for Sheldon  as she said Sheldon was important too and her passionate but shy look for him  as he sugested they could be intimate really made me teary eyed of shipper happiness for shamy. These two really make even better any high quality shamy script for their chemestry , friendship and dedication to these characters.  It is really a pleasure to watch them giving life to shamy lovestory. So happy we are having two more seasons of all of this! <3

Edited by spidergirl
Last sentence added

This quote system is getting worse.

I got a notification, saying Sah had quoted me, but when I clicked to view the post with my quote in it, it wasn't my post that had been quoted.

Sometimes I quote someone by mistake or I did not want to quote and by mistake I quote them. And then I correct it. Maybe it was what happened. :)

This quote system is getting worse.

I got a notification, saying Sah had quoted me, but when I clicked to view the post with my quote in it, it wasn't my post that had been quoted.

Not sure what happened...odd.

Agree! I think after a schock/ panick moment about the Sheldon proposal became real, a frenzy lovemaking would be a good way to balance the emotions, lol!

Two scientists rocking Princeton walls. #For science :icon_cheesygrin:

I hope there won't be a tall bloke in a bath towel poking his head round the door saying, 'If I may .....' !

Anytime I cock up a post :blush: , I just delete it and start again. :) 

Oh so many times I deleted a post because it was too much messed up! I must apology for that but most of times I am here I am using my smartphone and I am far of be good with a virtual  keyboard, lol! I just hope nobody get annoyed with me when I mess quotes or my english. I know I should have been writing better in grammar and spelling matters but I have been working on it. And it is also useful for personal reasons so there is hope for  my written english get better.

Sorry for the of topic post but it can been seen for the sake of who read my thoughts in english  about shamy :)

Edited by spidergirl

Nothing more to mention really, you guys have stated it all. I thought it was a wonderful episode. One of my favorites this season. I loved the breakfast scene, adored the suitcase scene and laughed hysterically through the Shamy dirty talk. I thought it was a great set up for next week and reaffirmed why they are my favorite couple on the show. This episode was everything...

Anytime I cock up a post :blush: , I just delete it and start again. :) 

Deleted and reposted as not quoting you...

Nothing more to mention really, you guys have stated it all. I thought it was a wonderful episode. One of my favorites this season. I loved the breakfast scene, adored the suitcase scene and laughed hysterically through the Shamy dirty talk. I thought it was a great set up for next week and reaffirmed why they are my favorite couple on the show. This episode was everything...

Everything indeed :wub:

81579c2b-ab25-4687-acaa-cb593299e666.gif