The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

I think Steve Molaro would like to respond to that theory:
“I’m really happy with how it turned out. I love that he walks out of his office and just gets into a cab … Then the simplicity of her opening that door was so sweet and honest.”
"We took great pains to make sure that Sheldon was sincerely oblivioous and innocent, and I’d like to say, it was on purpose in that another innocent character, say, SpongeBob, was something he was attracted to on a plane. I’m not going to take credit for that, but while I’m thinking about it, I’m going, "Well, sure, of course he likes SpongeBob," whose entire character is based on innocence."
"It was important to us that Sheldon just honestly consider her as a friend, so after that kiss, there’s a moment where you can see Jim sort of process, and I think he’s thinking, "Oh! Well, all right, everybody was right. Penny was right. This is not OK. What is my next move? Excuse me a moment." [laughs] He gets on a plane, so I don’t know if my heart could’ve handled Sheldon actually being tempted."

Sorry to quote you again@gbb ! But I was wondering which Molaro interview this is from if you can remember ? Is there any more of it ? Thanks so much for sharing !
Now to catch up on everyone's chat !!....this may take a while lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh wow I caught up and I can feel the love oooozing from this forum - I love it so much ........you've all covered the things I adored but@gbb &@koops you guys are on fire this afternoon !

Hmmmm I posted & it disappeared so apologies if you get this twice !!!
The love for Shamy is ooozing from the forum today I love it !!!! @koops &@gbb I can't like your posts enough this afternoon !

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Anita said:

-he is able to recognize that other scientist male can be a threat, so why he can't see it here after penny points it out to him?

Probably the same reason he can use irony but has a hard time recognising it. Sure, he knows that he doesn't like if another guy is making a pass at Amy, but he has a hard time recognising it when that actually happens to him. The idea that Ramona is after him when he's in a relationship with Amy is just so absurd to him that he's giving her the benefit of the doubt. But obviously by the next day Penny's words have made enough impact that he's confronting Ramona and he's realising Penny was right.

- he didn' notice ramona is a woman? He, himself said amy awakened the sexual criature in him and noticed the pretty girls

Seeing how the episode played out I'm gonna say he probably didn't literally not know or not notice Ramona is a woman (after all he already pointed it out to Amy before they went swimming, not to mention, obviously, the S2 episode) but that may have been a way to express that he wouldn't think differently of her if she were a man. Gender doesn't matter to him here.

-he is able to see leonard calling amy at night is inapropiate and not that ramona being in their apartament at the same hour is too? And why amy didn' tell him it is?

Different time zones. It's a couple hours later where Amy is.

and in another note.

Ramona bought the toblerone in a duty free, in an aiport I guess, so she landed on Caltech with pursuing sheldon in her mind.

why penny got mad because Leonard did not describe ramona's looks to her, she did know her physically.

Penny got mad that she didn't get details like "Ramona touched him" and "Sheldon didn't use disinfectant!"

As an aside:

The gang's reaction to this just strikes me as so outdated. Like they didn't get the memo that Sheldon isn't freaking out about these things anymore. The show hasn't done these kinds of jokes in ages and even shown Sheldon being relatively comfortable with physical touch (obviously mostly from Amy but there've been other instances as well) which is a strong contrast to early seasons when he would freak out about everything. This also gels pretty well with Amy's ketchup bottle comment cause it has been such a long journey for them where physical contact of all sorts has been such a struggle. But now Sheldon has mostly gotten over it to the point where it doesn't play much of a role anymore.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, April said:

Probably the same reason he can use irony but has a hard time recognising it. Sure, he knows that he doesn't like if another guy is making a pass at Amy, but he has a hard time recognising it when that actually happens to him. The idea that Ramona is after him when he's in a relationship with Amy is just so absurd to him that he's giving her the benefit of the doubt. But obviously by the next day Penny's words have made enough impact that he's confronting Ramona and he's realising Penny was right.

I disagree in one thing, he can be oblivious at ramona's advances, he can see just friendship where there is something more so until the talk with penny I'm more or less fine, but the absolute not understanding the situation that he express when penny explains it to him is a little too much.

You are totally oblivious to a situation or you aren't, if  you know that a man can try to get in the way of a relationship you have to know a woman can too, It would seem less forced to me if he had say to penny, I understand what you are saying but I don't think that  it is what is happening here, we are just friends, and the next day he confronts ramona to ensure that is not really what is happening.

I don't know if I'm expressing right what I meant. If the idea of ramona hitting on him is absurd because he is in a relationship with amy , the idea of any person hitting on someone in a relationship is absurd, he is trusting in the honor code of a third person he barely knows.

51 minutes ago, Anita said:

I disagree in one thing, he can be oblivious at ramona's advances, he can see just friendship where there is something more so until the talk with penny I'm more or less fine, but the absolute not understanding the situation that he express when penny explains it to him is a little too much.

You are totally oblivious to a situation or you aren't, if  you know that a man can try to get in the way of a relationship you have to know a woman can too, It would seem less forced to me if he had say to penny, I understand what you are saying but I don't think that  it is what is happening here, we are just friends, and the next day he confronts ramona to ensure that is not really what is happening.

I don't know if I'm expressing right what I meant. If the idea of ramona hitting on him is absurd because he is in a relationship with amy , the idea of any person hitting on someone in a relationship is absurd, he is trusting in the honor code of a third person he barely knows.

I thought it was all really silly but there are connections that make it all look very clever. See 

Turns out that Riki Lindhome (who plays Ramona) also did the voice of the popsicle twins in the Spongebob movie (pointed out by #vonmar). The scene from the animated movie:

He then hears the Popsicle Twins greeting him. He turns around to see them. They ask him to play with him. Plankton gets scared. They say, "Hurry." He gets even more scared. They then say, "Before we melt." He gets even more scared. The Popsicle Twins start laughing as they melt which causes Plankton to run away from them.

The addition of Sheldon watching Spongbob on the plane makes the inclusion of Riki Lindhome look really inspired. So subtle.

"It's too sweet in here!"  :sarcastichand:

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Soopysue said:

Sorry to quote you again@gbb ! But I was wondering which Molaro interview this is from if you can remember ? Is there any more of it ? Thanks so much for sharing !
Now to catch up on everyone's chat !!....this may take a while lol

Oh wow I caught up and I can feel the love oooozing from this forum - I love it so much ........you've all covered the things I adored but@gbb &@koops you guys are on fire this afternoon !

Hmmmm I posted & it disappeared so apologies if you get this twice !!!
The love for Shamy is ooozing from the forum today I love it !!!! @koops &@gbb I can't like your posts enough this afternoon !

Here you go: https://www.tvinsider.com/190019/tbbt-the-big-bang-theory-season-finale-shocker-sheldon-amy-shamy/

And thanks!

Edited by Gbb
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, djsurrey said:

The addition of Sheldon watching Spongbob on the plane makes the inclusion of Riki Lindhome look really inspired. So subtle.

Spongebob was a part of one of the most important days of Sheldon's life...the day he and Amy went to the aquarium together after they had broken up. It was part of the game they played there.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Die Zimtzicke said:

Spongebob was a part of one of the most important days of Sheldon's life...the day he and Amy went to the aquarium together after they had broken up. It was part of the game they played there.

And after he told Amy while she was driving he didn't want her to be his girlfriend again, he wanted just to be friends   .........  while she was breaking her heart, he was talking about Spongebob.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

And after he told Amy while she was driving he didn't want her to be his girlfriend again, he wanted just to be friends   .........  while she was breaking her heart, he was talking about Spongebob.

Which episode?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, djsurrey said:

Which episode?

"The Platonic Permutation" (9x9)  Thanksgiving episode.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, vonmar said:

"The Platonic Permutation" (9x9)  Thanksgiving episode.

Oh, I see in the tag.

Amy: Hi, Sheldon. I’m just driving home from my mother’s.

Sheldon: Did you have a nice time?

Amy: I did. Um, listen, I really enjoyed spending this morning with you.

Sheldon: Well, I can’t take all the credit. It was pretty funny when that one anchovy started going the wrong way.

Amy: It was. Uh, listen, I, I was thinking that, um, maybe I’m ready to be your girlfriend again.

Sheldon: Oh. I thought we were just friends.

Amy: We are. But I was hoping, maybe…

Sheldon: Amy, I excel at many things, but getting over you wasn’t one of them. I think I need to just be your friend.

Amy: Okay. I understand.

Sheldon: Good. Oh, I watched a video of the hagfish producing mucus, so I’m gonna change my answer and eat SpongeBob.

Amy: Okay. Sure.

Edited by djsurrey
  • Like 4

I'm confused. Isn't the bold part exactly what happened? Sheldon didn't agree with Penny's assessment of the situation, he confronted Ramona about if immediately, and then found out Penny was right? 
On another note... I didn't pay much attention at first, but after re-watching those scenes a bunch of times I noticed that Ramona does look very upset in the end there. As in, she's being rejected openly and she knows it. I mean, not that I feel sorry for the b***, but it was interesting to me that they didn't have her smirk or be smug or be unaffected by it. That it's a rejection, and there's no question about it. 

Yes her expression is very much of someone who was rejected ( skanky bi*ch) - thank God !!!!
Also I noticed that in Sheldon leaving he turns and walks away from bi*ch around the desk the other way - not a big deal but I loved they didn't have him go past her, but rather turn , ignore & flee without so much as looking at her !
God do I hate her !!!! Ugh !

• Like 5

1 hour ago, veejay said:

Regardless of my good upbringing and in the name of Penny I would like to give you a big smack of a kiss for this wonderful posting.
Excuse my bold behavior. :icon_redface:

n_00437.gif.4da3b4facba1a52b41115705c1cbcc42.gif

I have always loved the determined side of Penny about things. And she is a shammy shipper since always too. Cant get over of Penny power in this scene! Amy has to know how her bestie did her best about protecting shamy. And so did Bernie.I sense a great girls talk moment somewhere in s11 :) 

• Like 9