Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I think for Amy weddings have always been about inclusion, not necessarily about her own wedding.  Being an important enough friend that you are part of the event, not just a guest. She never had that until she met these people.

I would say it's a bit of both, there are clear examples with the Howardette wedding of that. In the buildup you had all the talk about inclusion but then when Howardette were having to change plans at short notice and even during the court house you saw signs of her wanting to grab attention. The line in 4A about the focus being on her and that song playing and Howardette had that gag about they wouldn't be playing that particular song for example.

Edited by Jonny83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

I would say it's a bit of both, there are clear examples with the Howardette wedding of that. In the buildup you had all the talk about inclusion but then when Howardette were having to change plans at short notice and even during the court house you saw signs of her wanting to grab attention. The line in 4A about the focus being on her and that song playing and Howardette had that gag about they wouldn't be playing that particular song for example.

agreed. at one point she even described the Howardette wedding as "her special day" and called Bernie a diva for correcting her lol...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think that, when the time comes, both of them will be bridezilla and groomzilla. As others have said, Amy wants  her special day, but Sheldon is the kind of guy that, however reluctant at first, when he finally decides to do something, is all in for it. We saw something like that in the Prom episode, or in the way he carefully planned their first night together. I can see him eager to embrace all the traditions connected to a wedding as much as Amy is, maybe even more than her, because Amy seems to have a very precise idea of the kind of wedding she wants and not all her ideas are traditional (she wants "The way you look tonight" as her wedding song, for example), while Sheldon seems to me very attached to social conventions, with the possible exception of the ceremony celebrated in Klingon, LOL!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It wouldn't surprise me as shamy wedding was celebrated in Klingon, lol! Usually Sheldon and Amy get to agree (by written way) about things that can colide to what one feel about something as enjoyable and the other not, although Sheldon has to work about his sense of be respectful to Amy in some moments/situations yet. Maybe they prepare a all traditional wedding as she wishes and the kind of reward is Sheldon say his vows in a billingual way, I mean, in english and kligon! Everything is possible in shamy land ;)

 

I just want clarify something about my words about Amy wearing her tiara in her wedding day:

I dont have nothing aganst that, as I think the wishing of Amy having a tiara like a pricess as very sweet from her and it was even sweeter (even he followed a sugestion made by others) of him to give it to her.

My point was that writers have been changing many things through the seasons as the characters get more mature that I see Amy of first seasons wearing her tiara and Amy nowadays migh not wear it, know what I mean? It is like Sheldon germs phobia that nowadays we can almost "forget" he was so into that in earlier seasons.

And after shamy breaking up , we dont see the tiara anymore. She seemed to keep all things Sheldon offered her like the train in her apartment and it was no more mentionm of the tiara. Another thing writers completely forget about? Hum...

Hope not, as it is really something very Amyish for her to wear  and that most of the fans are expecting for happen in shamy wedding. 

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, spidergirl1975 said:

It wouldn't surprise me as shamy wedding was celebrated in Klingon, lol! Usually Sheldon and Amy get to agree (by written way) about things that can colide to what one feel about something as enjoyable and the other not, although Sheldon has to work about his sense of be respectful to Amy in some moments/situations yet. Maybe they prepare a all traditional wedding as she wishes and the kind of reward is Sheldon say his vows in a billingual way, I mean, in english and kligon! Everything is possible in shamy land ;)

 

I just want clarify something about my words about Amy wearing her tiara in her wedding day:

I dont have nothing aganst that, as I think the wishing of Amy having a tiara like a pricess as very sweet from her and it was even sweeter (even he followed a sugestion made by others) of him to give it to her.

My point was that writers have been changing many things through the seasons as the characters get more mature that I see Amy of first seasons wearing her tiara and Amy nowadays migh not wear it, know what I mean? It is like Sheldon germs phobia that nowadays we can almost "forget" he was so into that in earlier seasons.

And after shamy breaking up , we dont see the tiara anymore. She seemed to keep all things Sheldon offered her like the train in her apartment and it was no more mentionm of the tiara. Another thing writers completely forget about? Hum...

Hope not, as it is really something very Amyish for her to wear  and that most of the fans are expecting for happen in shamy wedding. 

I think you are right in the sense that Amy is not anymore the girl that would wear her tiara just to show it up  in a tea room with her girlfriends. Anyway, it is one of the Shamy symbols, one of the few gift Sheldon has given her on screen. Moreover, it's something the audience remember very well, for example during 2015  up-fronts Mayim had a little gag where she was dressed as Amy and she was wearing Amy's tiara. I don't think the writers could forget it during a possible Shamy wedding.

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sorry, I haven´t been there yesterday, but rl keeps me busy!

I have nothing to add to yesterday´s episode, because everything has been said already. For me it sounds funny and beautiful (I´m happy that Lennies finally get their dream wedding!). There might be a few things, that I don´t like, but I´ll leave it and will just enjoy the good things.

No back to the actual discussion. I expect a quirky wedding. But I want Amy to plan it with Sheldon, because I don´t want Raj to interfere in it, so we get to see a quirky wedding, that is totally them. Klingon vows and harp music is a must imo.

It would be nice, if Amy would walk down the aisle, million spotlights shining on her, so everyone can see her, wearing her tiara and a beautiful vintage (medieval?) wedding dress, while an orchestra of harps and violines play "The Way You Look Tonight".

Then when Sheldon walks in, Amy plays on her harp the Star Trek Theme. (I somehow want her to play on her harp on her own wedding, it would look beautiful!).

Then they have their vows in klingon. Amy could mess up a few words, because she´s no native speaker like Sheldon lol, while you see Sheldon´s face twitching because on one hand he wants to correct her but on the other hand, he knows that he should keep his mouth shut, if he wants to have a honeymoon night. :icon_wink:

Of course Penny and Bernadette would wear some plaid dresses or something else that Amy likes, that they only wear because Amy wants it.

And afterwards they would all sit at a large table, drinking their wine from goblets and eating with fingers like in the medieval age.

I would aldso like to see them play some traditional wedding games, but more quirky.

And another on screen must is Amy´s bachelorette party, which they celebrate with one of Amy´s favorite bathing rituals. (Hopefully a tent, where they rub their bodies with mud or something else, that make Bernadette and Penny "Ugh!", while Amy is all happy and vigorous lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Desdemona said:

And another on screen must is Amy´s bachelorette party, which they celebrate with one of Amy´s favorite bathing rituals. (Hopefully a tent, where they rub their bodies with mud or something else, that make Bernadette and Penny "Ugh!", while Amy is all happy and vigorous lol.

Oh that would be a blast! Writters, please, read this post! :)

 

1 hour ago, Susana Alcira said:

The tiara is not easy to wear in ordinary episodes, but it is a SHAMY symbol, like the little "space" star is for Howardette and the heart locket is for Lenny.

I know that and I have never had doubts about that. ;)

I m really crossing my fingers for writers include it in the shamy wedding, as surely they will. I have just, as I explained earlier , spoke about the girl  Amy was with the tiara of earlier seasons and the girl she is now. And how the tiara has been out of the most recent storylines. But as you pointed it and very well, it is not easy to wear in ordinary episodes. :)

My apologies if my posts about this seemed confused in some point. Sometimes it is not easy to explain myself in a language I am not an expert and it is only my fault. Thanks for your patience  :)

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, spidergirl1975 said:

Oh that would be a blast! Writters, please, read this post! :)

 

I know that and I have never had doubts about that. ;)

I m really crossing my fingers for writers include it in the shamy wedding, as surely they will. I have just, as I explained earlier , spoke about the girl  Amy was with the tiara of earlier seasons and the girl she is now. And how the tiara has been out of the most recent storylines. But as you pointed it and very well, it is not easy to wear in ordinary episodes. :)

My apologies if my posts about this seemed confused in some point. Sometimes it is not easy to explain myself in a language I am not an expert and it is only my fault. Thanks for your patience  :)

 
 

Nicely put and explained :) I'm pretty confident that the writers will have Amy wearing the tiara as it is such an important symbol of their relationship (as has been said before)

I'm also glad though that the tiara is not easily put into ordinary episodes like Bernie's star necklace as it just makes it even more special when she is wearing with a huge smile on her face :D (Which will be on her wedding! <3)

By the way this is my first post on this forum so hi aha :)

Edited by alyssaemily
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Allyssaemily, that's why shamy is so special. Their relationship is unique for the best reasons , their symbols are special and very of their own and their love so pure and beautiful. It can't be break in any circunstance. :)

And welcome to shamy thread. You will find this place so cool and so warm as you can speak about any shamy stuff with those who understand your love for this ship :)

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

By the way this is my first post on this forum so hi aha :)

Welcome again! Happy to see you join us here in the thread!! :icon_cheesygrin:

~~~

RE: The Tiara. Yeah, well, I would have liked to see the tiara again mostly because there aren't many opportunities for Amy to wear it and, as you all already said, it's the relationship symbol for Shamy. So I feel it would have been nice to see it again, especially since they're in such a good place now. But whatever, another opportunity might show up some time soon... :icon_wink:

I've just recently said to @mirs1 how I think the first episodes are a nice setup for the season so far. We got a few fun reminders of how far they've come last season with getting some quirky TMI from their bedroom and the ring still being out there. I also really like how Amy has gotten a lot of support from the parents and probably even a bit of an ego boost from Bert telling her she's the coolest girl at CalTech and Sheldon should be thankful that she's dating him. Amy with a proper backbone is so much more fun!

So yeah, I hope for a lot of good and fun stories for our cuties to emerge with the next taping reports. If only we could fast forward a few weeks cause I wanna know what happens next!!! lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, April said:

I've just recently said to @mirs1 how I think the first episodes are a nice setup for the season so far. We got a few fun reminders of how far they've come last season with getting some quirky TMI from their bedroom and the ring still being out there. I also really like how Amy has gotten a lot of support from the parents and probably even a bit of an ego boost from Bert telling her she's the coolest girl at CalTech and Sheldon should be thankful that she's dating him. Amy with a proper backbone is so much more fun!

So yeah, I hope for a lot of good and fun stories for our cuties to emerge with the next taping reports. If only we could fast forward a few weeks cause I wanna know what happens next!!! lol

So true! The connection between last part of season 9 and beginning of season 10 seems perfect and they are getting some old stuff back like being a bit more centred in Amy's personality and how of some of her quirks are really funny and sweet.

Agree, especially to November episodes as they usually are a blast as tv show storylines development concerned. I hope there are great things coming to shamy and to howardette. Cant wait for see her baby bump! :)

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, April said:

I also really like how Amy has gotten a lot of support from the parents and probably even a bit of an ego boost from Bert telling her she's the coolest girl at CalTech and Sheldon should be thankful that she's dating him. Amy with a proper backbone is so much more fun!

So yeah, I hope for a lot of good and fun stories for our cuties to emerge with the next taping reports. If only we could fast forward a few weeks cause I wanna know what happens next!!! lol

How is it all a good and fun start ? While it is nice that Amy got an ego boost, but if i remember correctly, Sheldon just had a huge nervous breakdown and was  unhappy from the sounds of the 10.3 taping report ....i wonder how they will handle that or if it will impact Shamy.But im glad they brought back science and work stories in Amy's life .

Edited by serena_nyc1995
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

How is it all a good and fun start ? While it is nice that Amy got an ego boost, but if i remember correctly, Sheldon just had a huge nervous breakdown and was  unhappy from the sounds of the 10.3 taping report ....i wonder how they will handle that or if it will impact Shamy.But im glad they brought back science and work stories in Amy's life .

He calmed down as soon as the AF Officer gave him and the other guys two additional years to finish their project. Sheldon's breakdown (if that was a breakdown, I would call it just lack of sleep and too much caffeine in his body) was caused essentially from the fact he couldn't do the math to the project as quickly as he thought he would have done and that would have caused  to miss the deadline. Now that the deadline has been postponed, he will be able to do his work without pressure. I don 't think that was such a big deal, as for example switching subject of study in S. 7/8 was.

Edited by mirs1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

How is it all a good and fun start ? While it is nice that Amy got an ego boost, but if i remember correctly, Sheldon just had a huge nervous breakdown and was  unhappy from the sounds of the 10.3 taping report ....i wonder how they will handle that or if it will impact Shamy.But im glad they brought back science and work stories in Amy's life .

It's all fine by the end of the episode when they get to work on the project for 2 years. To celebrate they're going out to see a movie and he's happily buying the guys popcorn. So uhm yeah, I think once the time pressure is off there isn't much of an issue.

And even with the breakdown while it may not be "fun" as such it gives us a great Shelnard moment and getting some insight into Sheldon's mind -here his struggles with maths while under a tight schedule and his ego that got them into this mess- is always a good thing in my book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

How is it all a good and fun start ? While it is nice that Amy got an ego boost, but if i remember correctly, Sheldon just had a huge nervous breakdown and was  unhappy from the sounds of the 10.3 taping report ....i wonder how they will handle that or if it will impact Shamy.But im glad they brought back science and work stories in Amy's life .

According to the TR, Sheldon gets happy again and goes to see a movie once he knows he doesn't need to meet the deadline. More importantly, shipping wise (since this is the Shamy thread), we know Shamy is in a pretty good place in the first three episodes. We even got some cute moments like the "She's mine"one. All in all, I think season 10 has a better start than season 9. 

Besides, for Sheldon to avoid more future nerve break downs, maybe he should realize his limits and wait for others to "boost" his "ego", like Amy always does; instead of being over confident and overestimating himself.

Sorry I quoted the wrong person in my previous post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if there's a follow up to Sheldon's nerve break down, I doubt it will have any negative impact on Shamy. First since Sheldon wants to be perfect all the time in front of Amy, he may avoid mentioning his break down to her (or had he already mentioned? I can't remember details about the TR sorry). Also Amy has always been very supportive when Sheldon's upset. Especially this time, because Amy's a scientist too, she surely can understand Sheldon's frustration better and maybe she'll give him some good advice. So if there's a follow up, I can only see it bring them closer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mirs1 said:

He calmed down as soon as the AF Officer gave him and the other guys two additional years to finish their project. Sheldon's breakdown (if that was a breakdown, I would call it just lack of sleep and too much caffeine in his body) was caused essentially from the fact he couldn't do the math to the project as quickly as he thought he would have done and that would have caused  to miss the deadline. Now that the deadline has been postponed, he will be able to do his work without pressure. I don 't think that was such a big deal, as for example switching subject of study in S. 7/8 was.

I agree. We already know he is susceptible to panic attacks, so the looming deadline may have triggered another one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Depending on which take they use... The term 'breakdown' could be too much. The first take I saw, he actually cried and the second take was him upset but with no tears (kind of embarrassed and showing a real vulnerability to Leonard and Howard).

He really was fine at the end of the episode when they get the two year extension. He, Leonard and Howard are immediately heard outside the office planning a trip to the movies and if I remember correctly Sheldon offers to buy them all popcorn so he is obviously feeling much better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.