[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

I've tried to respond to April's post twice, but got kicked out the thread and when I rejoined the thread, my whole comment was gone. Normally if I get kicked out my comment is at least still there. This is so frustrating! :girlwah:

Edited by Desdemona
Forgot a word.
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jonny said:

It was #5 on my list, it was such a momentous moment and just check the thread way back, some British poster from the UK who is male and 34 years old kept going on about proposals and the 'Shamy Trifecta' for the season (living together, more coitus and engagement). Perhaps he was a tad obsessed about the proposal lol.

However I've actually watched the episode a couple of times since submitting my list and actually I would have put it a lot lower in my personal top 10 now. Controversial I know but the more I watch the episode the more I dislike it. Coming round to the idea that I personally would have preferred a proposal in Season 11 and under different circumstances so 10.23 would have been their finale, sorry just the way I feel. Maybe if we get the resolution we want in Season 11 I may like it even more again?

But it is still a top moment/iconic for the season, clearly a lot of Shamies enjoyed it as well with it placing being so high. I have no complaints about its placing.

What did I like best about it? Probably the fact he traveled all that way on his own more than anything and he looked perfectly serene and calm doing so, there was no panic, no agitated or rushing like behaviour. 

I know what you mean. 10.23 could have been shamy's season finale imo as well as it is far a better episode than 10.24. I wont repeat myself about my opinion about both episodes and why this moment was not in my chart as you all already know that. :)

The bold part of your post was also what I loved most about the scene :

Sheldon for love have been challenging himself about getting his bigger fears and phobias under control. 

For love Sheldon had been handling the best he can with changes.

All that travel was a sum of everything Amy meant to him and how she changed him for good. It was really inspiring to see Sheldon's  growth in s10 from his taking in living together with Amy to his decision of propose finaly to her. Can not wait for seeing their relationship into engagement level :)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jonny said:

It was #5 on my list, it was such a momentous moment and just check the thread way back, some British poster from the UK who is male and 34 years old kept going on about proposals and the 'Shamy Trifecta' for the season (living together, more coitus and engagement). Perhaps he was a tad obsessed about the proposal lol.

However I've actually watched the episode a couple of times since submitting my list and actually I would have put it a lot lower in my personal top 10 now. Controversial I know but the more I watch the episode the more I dislike it. Coming round to the idea that I personally would have preferred a proposal in Season 11 and under different circumstances so 10.23 would have been their finale, sorry just the way I feel. Maybe if we get the resolution we want in Season 11 I may like it even more again?

But it is still a top moment/iconic for the season, clearly a lot of Shamies enjoyed it as well with it placing being so high. I have no complaints about its placing.

What did I like best about it? Probably the fact he traveled all that way on his own more than anything and he looked perfectly serene and calm doing so, there was no panic, no agitated or rushing like behaviour

It would have been lower on my list, as well. 

Why?  Because 'making it legal' comes naturally to a man obsessed with contracts.  Living together, sex and first kiss were, in my book, FAR bigger steps for him than this one.  But, like you, I like the fact that he went cross country all by himself and looked so at ease doing so.  

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Sah said:

This was my top pick :) I chose this episode, this scene for a couple of different reasons. 

My main reason is because Sheldon flew across country, ring in hand to propose to Amy. I love that he was so calm and determined. He did not go into one of his classic meltdowns. He calmly did what he had to do. Some people are not fans of this proposal because they did not deem it romantic or grand enough. For me though, I think it perfectly fit with his character. Flying across country to ask Amy to marry him, to step way out of his comfort zone like that was romantic in itself. Secondly,  I loved the look on his face, so sweet and loving when he asked the question. I loved that he was on bended knee. It was a simple and straight from the heart proposal. Very Sheldon like. I loved it.

me too loved it

• Like 4

I bet that frenzied lovemaking/Sheldon holding her hand and I guiding her to room is #1. Any other opinions or guesses?

I voted for both of these scenes for the #2 position...twas perfection on both accounts.

• Like 5

On 28/05/2017 at 7:44 PM, Desdemona said:

TBH I haven't thought about it, so feel free to fill the gap, with your favorite  undergarment for Amy. :icon_wink: 

Actually, I was referencing The Infestation Hypothesis:-

Amy: I do appreciate a bargain. This entire ensemble once belonged to my dead grandmother.

Penny: You’re kidding.

Amy: Everything except bra and panties, and they’re a leopard-spotted secret I share with Victoria.

Penny: And now me.

• Like 3

Yay !!!! Yesterday's two scenes plus this - just encase season 10 for me !!!!! Such amazing natural growth and togetherness from our adorkable couple ️......of course with the cherry on top being the proposal plus montage - fabulous !!
Thanks so much@april - you are a star x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9