Jump to content

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10


Tensor

Recommended Posts

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:02 PM, Tenji said:

Have fun!

It was crazy last week. I got there really early and was 11th in line but from about the 30th person, the line went mad... Nobody was sitting in any kind of order apart from the first 30. The AU guys said it was the worst they'd ever seen as everyone was pushing and cutting line to get in! Hope it's more civilised for you today x

my guess says living together in some format.  I don't think engagement until later half of this season.  Just enjoying Shamy bliss!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know it won't happen, but I would like to see Sheldon trying to handle his kids. It would be so much fun if he had a child as stubborn as himself and tricky as Amy. I 'm sure he would find his master. :icon_wink:And I' m sure he would be even more paranoid and protective  when it comes to his child. Imagine little Shelly in the Kindergarden, alone speaking to some bushes, when the teacher asks him/her why he/she is speaking with the bush and he/she replies: "I'm not talking to the bush, I'm talking to Daddy, he wanted to make sure I'm fine." :icon_cheesygrin:

And when the teacher would ask her /him which language that is they are speaking,  he/she would give her Sheldon's "seriously?" look and say "That's Clingon, silly!" 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Desdemona said:

I know it won't happen, but I would like to see Sheldon trying to handle his kids. It would be so much fun if he had a child as stubborn as himself and tricky as Amy. I 'm sure he would find his master. :icon_wink:And I' m sure he would be even more paranoid and protective  when it comes to his child. Imagine little Shelly in the Kindergarden, alone speaking to some bushes, when the teacher asks him/her why he/she is speaking with the bush and he/she replies: "I'm not talking to the bush, I'm talking to Daddy, he wanted to make sure I'm fine." :icon_cheesygrin:

And when the teacher would ask her /him which language that is they are speaking,  he/she would give her Sheldon's "seriously?" look and say "That's Clingon, silly!" 

I don't think their children will go to school. Sheldon had too hard a time there and they can learn at home or going to work with their parents what they need academically. I can imagine Howard and Amy running a home-schooling group .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, joyceraye said:

I don't think their children will go to school. Sheldon had too hard a time there and they can learn at home or going to work with their parents what they need academically. I can imagine Howard and Amy running a home-schooling group .

That would be nice if they would take care  of their children's education. But if they all would have children at the same age more or less,  they could go to school together. So no one would be alone, like their parents were. 

Edited by Desdemona
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm even more excited for season 10 after reading the interview !!!excitement ahead and I detect a nervous tension from the writers , with a back out clause " just incase " !!! But IMO they write some great Shamy while on edge and careful  so all in all a very posative interview and I can't wait to see the next step ! 

@April and @mirs1 you guys write great stuff on here, I find myself nodding away while reading , I'm on the same page guys and I love your positivity ! X 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the whole I am positive about the recent interview as it does point to some potentially nice developments for Shamy (they get asked a question about marriage but then switch it to living arrangements, so clearly something major is going to happen on that front) and the advancement of their relationship. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic if they hadn't of thrown in the caveat that they might try something but then scrap it, but again I would have to see how they do that if it doesn't work out i.e. the general audience don't take the changes and the story-line direction they take to resolve it.

So on the whole positive and excited about what may happen this season but as usual will have to see what they do and how it all plays out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

On the whole I am positive about the recent interview as it does point to some potentially nice developments for Shamy (they get asked a question about marriage but then switch it to living arrangements, so clearly something major is going to happen on that front) and the advancement of their relationship. 

I would be absolutely ecstatic if they hadn't of thrown in the caveat that they might try something but then scrap it, but again I would have to see how they do that if it doesn't work out i.e. the general audience don't take the changes and the story-line direction they take to resolve it.

So on the whole positive and excited about what may happen this season but as usual will have to see what they do and how it all plays out.

Molaro can be very wishy-washy in interviews, in this article he seemed to be making some very firm statements about Shamy progress...

"That leads us to naturally talking about Sheldon and Amy. They've grown a lot closer — season nine was so big for them. Is a wedding for them out of the question?

That may be something that we're not ready to attack right away. But we will, in the near future, start poking at the living arrangements and what makes sense and how that might work.

Could there be a big shift this season? The whole show really takes place in Leonard and Sheldon's apartment.

Big and not big, it will happen very clearly as an experiment. Any shifts that happen are experimental and could be undone if necessary. Phrased in the show [terms], presenting something to Sheldon that he may not want to do as science and data collection is a good way to try and get him on board."

I love the concept of an adjustment to the living arrangements being posed to Sheldon as an experiment.  I can see him whiteboarding the heck out of that.

Edited by vonmar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

Molaro can be very wishy-washy in interviews, in this article he seemed to be making some very firm statements about Shamy progress...

"That leads us to naturally talking about Sheldon and Amy. They've grown a lot closer — season nine was so big for them. Is a wedding for them out of the question?

That may be something that we're not ready to attack right away. But we will, in the near future, start poking at the living arrangements and what makes sense and how that might work.

Could there be a big shift this season? The whole show really takes place in Leonard and Sheldon's apartment.

Big and not big, it will happen very clearly as an experiment. Any shifts that happen are experimental and could be undone if necessary. Phrased in the show [terms], presenting something to Sheldon that he may not want to do as science and data collection is a good way to try and get him on board."

I love the concept of an adjustment to the living arrangements being posed to Sheldon as an experiment.  I can see him whiteboarding the heck out of that.

Yeah I was taken aback by how frank he was when he is usually more coy and uses ambiguous responses.

Some might think I am being a 'Negative Nigel', I think I am just being cautious as they have basically said if they make the changes and it doesn't go down well (I assume with the general audience) they will undo it. And we all know that will require a storyline/storylines to do it which could affect a character and not necessarily a positive way.

I love that concept too, just afraid of the most blindingly obvious way out of reversing it and the ramifications. The last I will post on the issue of LA as it may or may not happen and will have to see what they have in store.

Edited by Jonny83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

Yeah I was taken aback by how frank he was when he is usually more coy and uses ambiguous responses.

Some might think I am being a 'Negative Nigel', I think I am just being cautious as they have basically said if they make the changes and it doesn't go down well (I assume with the general audience) they will undo it. And we all know that will require a storyline/storylines to do it which could affect a character and not necessarily a positive way.

I love that concept too, just afraid of the most blindingly obvious way out of reversing it and the ramifications. The last I will post on the issue of LA as it may or may not happen and will have to see what they have in store.

It could simply happen on the stage.  In one of the DVD extras Jim & Mayim told a story about how at the table read for the The Tangible Affection Proof S/A were supposed to kiss.  They came in the next day and the kiss was gone from the script.

They rely on the crew for feedback as they rehearse and it is possible that if a story line bombs with the crew, it will disappear before tape night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, vonmar said:

It could simply happen on the stage.  In one of the DVD extras Jim & Mayim told a story about how at the table read for the The Tangible Affection Proof S/A were supposed to kiss.  They came in the next day and the kiss was gone from the script.

They rely on the crew for feedback as they rehearse and it is possible that if a story line bombs with the crew, it will disappear before tape night.

Same happen in 9 x 11. According with people attending the tape, SHAMY cuddled  after coitus and it was cut when episode was aired.

(IMO, before the confirmation of new season(s)  and the new  contracts signed by the cast, TBBT story will be open to anything. )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Susana Alcira said:

Same happen in 9 x 11. According with people attending the tape, SHAMY cuddled  after coitus and it was cut when episode was aired.

 

The kiss wasn't in the TR but it sure was a nice surprise.  I would've liked the cuddle too but at least we got something (the kiss) that wasn't expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am also positive about the recent interview because it has  potentially nice developments for Shamy. I cant help myself of feeling more excitted as more I read about season 10, as the storylines of all characters seem to go nicely to the right points and Mollaro's words are helping this happy antecipation :)

 

1 hour ago, joyceraye said:

I liked the handholding. To me it seemed more significant for them than a cuddle.

I would have loved to see the cuddle too, maybe they kept that option (shamy cuddling) for a specific scene of upcoming epsiodes. *is hopeful*

The handholding has been significant for shamy since the beginning, as it has kind of worked like a "golden" anchievement in some special moments of their relationship. I mean,  Sheldon wasn't a "touching" person and his feelings for Amy, even when he didnt notice it yet and admited it to himself either, have made him to touch his girlfriend and showing through litle touches he cares for her, even he still is  not be very keen of becoming a "touching person, but for Amy some things are allowed. :)

I also think they cut the cuddle after their lovemaking scene because they  may have needed a reason for a laugh from audience in that scene ( a right balance between cuteness and comedy) and Amy's hair resulted better for the right tone of  shamy sweetness (handholding) and comedy ( sex hair) :D

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, spidergirl1975 said:

I am also positive about the recent interview because it has  potentially nice developments for Shamy. I cant help myself of feeling more excitted as more I read about season 10, as the storylines of all characters seem to go nicely to the right points and Mollaro's words are helping this happy antecipation :)

 

I would have loved to see the cuddle too, maybe they kept that option (shamy cuddling) for a specific scene of upcoming epsiodes. *is hopeful*

The handholding has been significant for shamy since the beginning, as it has kind of worked like a "golden" anchievement in some special moments of their relationship. I mean,  Sheldon wasn't a "touching" person and his feelings for Amy, even when he didnt notice it yet and admited it to himself either, have made him to touch his girlfriend and showing through litle touches he cares for her, even he still is  not be very keen of becoming a "touching person, but for Amy some things are allowed. :)

I also think they cut the cuddle after their lovemaking scene because they  may have needed a reason for a laugh from audience in that scene ( a right balance between cuteness and comedy) and Amy's hair resulted better for the right tone of  shamy sweetness (handholding) and comedy ( sex hair) :D

 

It could just simply be the hand holding provided a better camera angle/surprise to the audience when they revealed Amy's sex hair. If they were cuddling it could have been difficult to reveal that hair in a surprising way to the audience. I have no clue how they revealed it (you would have to ask someone at the taping) but I could imagine Amy was kind of blocked from view when Sheldon said his line and they then revealed her hair and expression which was utterly fantastic. :icon_cheesygrin:

I loved everything about the scene, though I do want to see them cuddle again at some point. Perhaps watching a film or TV program at 4A or at Amy's apartment on a couch?

Edited by Jonny83
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I've been wondering - where do you think we are timing wise in TBBT world right now ?? I know ep 1&2 are May time, are we thinking ep3 had a time jump ? .....I'm asking as in the "real world " the Spokumentry comes out tomorrow ! - so do we think if it's going to appear in an ep of TBBT it'll be one taped soon ? Cause sweeps eps are usually set to include thanksgiving so November right ? 

Hmmmm maybe I'm overthinking too much lol - I was trying to plan in my head roughly when they'll do a time jump , bearing in mind Bearnie and her baby lol ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

It could just simply be the hand holding provided a better camera angle/surprise to the audience when they revealed Amy's sex hair. If they were cuddling it could have been difficult to reveal that hair in a surprising way to the audience. I have no clue how they revealed it (you would have to ask someone at the taping) but I could imagine Amy was kind of blocked from view when Sheldon said his line and they then revealed her hair and expression which was utterly fantastic. :icon_cheesygrin:

From what I remember from the report back then the reveal and everything was the same. They were in bed and holding hands - just that at the end of the scene Amy was rolling over and snuggled up to Sheldon, head on his shoulder and her left arm wrapped over his chest, and he was wrapping his arm around her arm and his head leaning onto Amy's head... something like that.

Maybe next time! :icon_wink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, April said:

From what I remember from the report back then the reveal and everything was the same. They were in bed and holding hands - just that at the end of the scene Amy was rolling over and snuggled up to Sheldon, head on his shoulder and her left arm wrapped over his chest, and he was wrapping his arm around her arm and his head leaning onto Amy's head... something like that.

Maybe next time! :icon_wink:

I wished I was in that tapping day, the description of how it happened is so beautifull :wub: (Thanks for the description @April:) )

Oh, it has to have a next time! :D

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

So I've been wondering - where do you think we are timing wise in TBBT world right now ?? I know ep 1&2 are May time, are we thinking ep3 had a time jump ? .....I'm asking as in the "real world " the Spokumentry comes out tomorrow ! - so do we think if it's going to appear in an ep of TBBT it'll be one taped soon ? Cause sweeps eps are usually set to include thanksgiving so November right ? 

Hmmmm maybe I'm overthinking too much lol - I was trying to plan in my head roughly when they'll do a time jump , bearing in mind Bearnie and her baby lol ! 

I think after Episode 3 we are somewhere in late June\early July. The guys were working for some time to their project, but as far as I remember the dead-line had not expired yet. Sheldon was working to his maths and had been stuck for some days on a part of it, so I'd say the episode was set more or less 4 weeks after the wedding. It makes sense with Bernie's baby bump, which if I remember correctly was not that big yet. I thought that the Spockumentary (and its possible connection with Sheldon's ring) would have come up early in the season, but Molaro in his recent interview suggested that the ring will "rise" again later in the season and the LA will be up and front in the very next episodes. Well...as long as the solution of the LA conundrum is permanent, I won't complain, LOL!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Soopysue said:

So I've been wondering - where do you think we are timing wise in TBBT world right now ?? I know ep 1&2 are May time, are we thinking ep3 had a time jump ? .....I'm asking as in the "real world " the Spokumentry comes out tomorrow ! - so do we think if it's going to appear in an ep of TBBT it'll be one taped soon ? Cause sweeps eps are usually set to include thanksgiving so November right ? 

10x01/02 are May. 10x03 could still be May or early June. In the TR for that episode Sheldon was trying to figure out the maths "for days" so maybe it's just one or two weeks after they got the job. They promised to deliver their smaller prototype within two months so at most it would be July. But without Sheldon's maths Leonard and Howard can't start working. So it stands to reason that they figured they couldn't hold the deadline early on, so I'm going with late May/early June for now.

If they continue with the little time jumps like they did last season 10x04 could be late June/early July, one year after Lenny wanted to move out. So maybe that's how the new LA experiment comes up. After that it could take one or two more episodes until they actually hit September with a possible Spockumentary plot. IIRC last years sweeps episodes were 9x07/08/09 and this year will probably somewhat similar (I haven't looked up the dates yet, though). If my speculation about the "real life flag convention" is correct and they go to NAVA 50 in Oct. that would be a nice plot candidate for one of those episodes. And I guess Bernie will get the baby then as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, April said:

10x01/02 are May. 10x03 could still be May or early June. In the TR for that episode Sheldon was trying to figure out the maths "for days" so maybe it's just one or two weeks after they got the job. They promised to deliver their smaller prototype within two months so at most it would be July. But without Sheldon's maths Leonard and Howard can't start working. So it stands to reason that they figured they couldn't hold the deadline early on, so I'm going with late May/early June for now.

If they continue with the little time jumps like they did last season 10x04 could be late June/early July, one year after Lenny wanted to move out. So maybe that's how the new LA experiment comes up. After that it could take one or two more episodes until they actually hit September with a possible Spockumentary plot. IIRC last years sweeps episodes were 9x07/08/09 and this year will probably somewhat similar (I haven't looked up the dates yet, though). If my speculation about the "real life flag convention" is correct and they go to NAVA 50 in Oct. that would be a nice plot candidate for one of those episodes. And I guess Bernie will get the baby then as well.

Yeah thanks April, and @mirs1 that seems to make sense......Exciting !!! And it's table read day today - so they will back at it ! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jonny83 said:

It could just simply be the hand holding provided a better camera angle/surprise to the audience when they revealed Amy's sex hair. If they were cuddling it could have been difficult to reveal that hair in a surprising way to the audience. I have no clue how they revealed it (you would have to ask someone at the taping) but I could imagine Amy was kind of blocked from view when Sheldon said his line and they then revealed her hair and expression which was utterly fantastic. :icon_cheesygrin:

I loved everything about the scene, though I do want to see them cuddle again at some point. Perhaps watching a film or TV program at 4A or at Amy's apartment on a couch?

It is a very plausible option for the cut , I have never thought about the camera angle.

I really like shamy scenes in her apartment, as most of the biggest shamy steps in their relationship happened there. However, there are not many scenes between them in Sheldon's room (out of Skype, hehe) and I think it would be a nice place for a cuddle...but maybe we wont see that, unless that they get intimate next time in Sheldon's bed. :D

Sheldon's couch, as they cuddle as they watch something in Netflix...I would love that :)

Edited by spidergirl1975
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, spidergirl1975 said:

It is a very plausible option for the cut , I have never thought about the camera angle.

I really like shamy scenes in her apartment, as most of the biggest shamy steps in their relationship happened there. However, there are not many scenes between them in Sheldon's room (out of Skype, hehe) and I think it would be a nice place for a cuddle...but maybe we wont see that, unless that they get intimate next time in Sheldon's bed. :D

Sheldon's couch, as they cuddle as they watch something in Netflix...I would love that :)

Oh you don't know how much I'd love to see a snuggle !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it could be cool if they could use this newly discovered Caltech power couple revelation in some way again in the future. Some event at the university with them going to like another fundraising luncheon for the department Amy works in or university do and colleagues being like ridiculously friendly with them. Sheldon knowing something weird is going on but Amy looking smug and knowing the truth it could be hilarious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.