The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tensor

[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

I think they're keep up this vagueness for a while yet and keep everyone guessing.

Well they've done that already for more than a while, if you ask me. Idk, I just think it's time we find out once and for all. I'd rather it doesn't remain vague forever.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, NotWonderland said:

At the start of the episode during the discussion with sheldon he says something about not wanting to spoil the romance and penny says "you've had sex one whole time so you're fine there" so i think they've only done it the once, thats how it sounded to me anyway hopefully im wrong lol.

Now I'm confused... Because then Amy suggesting sex is off the table and Sheldon asking whether she's fine with no sex won't make much sense... If they only did it once according to their original pact, there's no need for Amy to suggest because it's not her birthday yet. Also Sheldon's answer should be something like "When is sex on the table? It's not your birthday yet."

Anyway, thanks a lot for your detailed TR! Really appreciate it.

1 minute ago, Judith said:

Well they've done that already for more than a while, if you ask me. Idk, I just think it's time we find out once and for all. I'd rather it doesn't remain vague forever.

I rather they'd say once and for all as well, but they seem to enjoy coming up with ways to make it vague.

1 minute ago, A Shamy gal said:

I rather they'd say once and for all as well, but they seem to enjoy coming up with ways to make it vague.

I hope there will be a line or a reaction from Sheldon and Amy that indicates Penny is only aware of the first time because of the contract.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Judith said:

I hope there will be a line or a reaction from Sheldon and Amy that indicates Penny is only aware of the first time because of the contract.

I think that would be the best way to go.  Sheldon making Amy sign a NCD shows that they are some things he wants to keep between them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jenafan said:

Had to take a forced hiatus from the forum due to circumstances beyond my control resulting from international travel for my employment and recovering from illness.  I've missed everyone.  I have a lot of catching up to do.

My Shamy love was beginning to cool off, and I feared I'd never get it back. I'm happy to say my Shamy feels are bubbling over again over these latest reports.  

It seems TPTB are returning to their roots and bringing back what we loved about the show and our ships, while allowing forward momentum.  It is exciting, and I hope for more Seasons of watching Shamy tackle life together under the same roof in all their awkwardness.

More to come...

Aww, welcome back!!! <3

GGhug.gif

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Judith said:

If they have done it again, Amy would be so happy and I don't think a contract would stop her from sharing with Penny and Bernadette. She would give them some sexy clues:icon_redface:  with her unique way!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, camelliayao said:

On the contrary, this is the first time since Opening Night that I kind of feel they've been doing it all this time... I mean if Amy knows they'll only do it on her birthday, there's no need for her to suggest "taking coitus off the table" because they were not going to do it anyway.

However, all previous evidence suggests they've only done it once... So I guess we'll have to wait and see (and I've been saying this for almost a year lol)

Yeah, it is the writters teasing us with ambiguous clues for making us to think and despair for the whole true, hehe! xD

Shamy can be doing it often or not, but I think the point in this episode was the fact they are going to share someting so intimate as a bed, sharing  sleeping  time together. One thing as all we know is having sex and that doesnt implie anyone to live to one other or even spend the rest of the night together (if it happens before sleeping time); other thing is sleeping together and there you can see your significant other in more intimate way and Amy may have got a bit nervous about that and had the need to not include something  even  more intimate like sex, even they have made it once, as it could add more nervous time to them in these circuntances , very new for both as they are trying to live with someone in a romantic light for the firts time.

Course I want they being intimate that way again soon and I believe all this storyline may lead to that. Unless it was onle a one episode plot but I doubt it (hope I am not wrong).

Go Sheldon and Amy, in the name of science you are going to excell your skills and knowledgements in living arrangements field!

Again , thank you so , so much @NotWonderland. You rock! :)

Edited by spidergirl1975
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, camelliayao said:

Now I'm confused... Because then Amy suggesting sex is off the table and Sheldon asking whether she's fine with no sex won't make much sense... If they only did it once according to their original pact, there's no need for Amy to suggest because it's not her birthday yet. 

I took Amy's line to take coitus off the table as a way for her to ease Sheldon's mind about sharing a bed together.  I assume she is reassuring him that she expects nothing from him but to sleep next to her, thereby taking any pressure he may feel that she expects more.  In other words, no tricks or manipulation on her end.

I believe Shamy are making out frequently, but coitus has only happened the one time.   How they maintain self-control, I don't know. After all, we are talking about Sheldon here. 

A pillow wall to regulate temperature? Really, Sheldon?   I think not, but keep telling yourself that, silly man, you are.

Funny how Amy has the night frights, but Sheldon, who has always been shown to sleep like a corpse, is the one who can't keep still or sleep in silence. I'm loving these developments.

Regarding the non-disclosureagreement, Sheldon is the one who is opening up to everyone about his intimacy with Amy.  Now we know Amy considers his genitals "a sight to behold".  I believe if Penny is jesting Sheldon for only having sex the one time, it is because she knows it to be a fact.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, NotWonderland said:

I didn't think of that lol i think Amy was worried Sheldon would feel pressured because they're sharing a bed now. The scene from memory had Amy sitting on his bed flipping through a comic while sheldon is packing his underwear. He asks her how many pairs she packed and she replies she doesn't know sheldon makes a cute comment here but i cant remember it :( then she says about talking to him about the sleeping arrangements and pats the bed to call him over. He sits and she dives straight in to saying they should take coital activities  (or something similar) off the table and once they're more comfortable they'll revisit the topic. Sheldon says something about her skipping foreplay (they changed this once as well i think) and getting straight to the point they talk a bit and Sheldon asks if shes ok with it and she says, first take its the first time ive lived with my boyfriend as well and second take its the first time ive lived with someone. Sheldon says something about his teen titans underwear getting her hot and bothered and she replies really deadpan to him and sheldon says they really shouldnt sell them to children. Ive probably missed bits and thats why somethings aren't making sense, my memory isnt that great lol.

Thanks a lot!

OK , now I kind of get it. So is it like in prom episode when Amy assures Sheldon they don't need to have sex just because a lot of people lose their viginity at prom night? Sheldon worries because social convention dictates that couples who sleep on the same bed should have sex, he and Amy should have sex. And Amy comforts him by saying they don't have to.

Well my "OMG they've been doing it all this time" dream was real while it lasted lol. However, why does Sheldon still panic about coitus? Also, it seems like the writers totally forgot about the next birthday pact...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Judith said:

I might be misunderstanding.  Is there some part where it says Amy wants to have sex but is reassuring Sheldon ? And is  there some part/line  in the episode where Sheldon says he is worried about having sex/reluctant to it ? I might have missed that. On the contrary, it felt to me that Amy wanted sex off the table. I felt, Amy was being cautious for herself and wanted to go slow before revisiting sex(seems believable) , since this is the first time she was living with someone. I could be totally wrong though.

Edited by serena_nyc1995
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I might be misunderstanding. but I am not sure why it matters whether they had sex once or many times, as long as they are both on the same page ? What works for shamy often seems weird to other couples. I don't think  Amy is unhappy with their sex life going by this episode. Is there some part where it says she wants to have sex but is reassuring Sheldon ? And is  there some part/line  in the episode where Sheldon says he is worried about having sex/reluctant to it ? I might have missed that. On the contrary, it felt to me that Amy wanted sex off the table. I felt, Amy was being cautious for herself and wanted to go slow before revisiting sex(seems believable) , since this is the first time she was living with someone. I could be totally wrong though. And yes, if either of them is unhappy, I think they should have had a honest discussion about it , back in s9 itself. 

Well for me, if they haven't had sex since her birthday and are sticking to the pact then there is no reason for Amy to specifically say it's off the table now.  If as I believe, they have had sex since and kept it to themselves, then there is a reason for Amy saying it's off the table now until they get comfortable with the situation. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, serena_nyc1995 said:

I might be misunderstanding. but I am not sure why it matters whether they had sex once or many times, as long as they are both on the same page ? What works for shamy often seems weird to others. I don't think I can assume that Amy is unhappy with their sex life going by this episode. Is there some part where it says she wants to have sex but is reassuring Sheldon ? And is  there some part/line  in the episode where Sheldon says he is worried about having sex/reluctant to it ? I might have missed that. On the contrary, Amy wanted sex off the table. I felt, Amy was being cautious for herself and wanted to go slow before revisiting sex(seems believable) , since this is the first time she was living with someone. I could be totally wrong though. And yes, if either of them is unhappy, I think they should have had a honest discussion about it , back in s9 itself. 

The concern comes from season 9, not this episode. As for this episode, it really depends on how they play out on screen. It could either be them both satisfied with the current situation and not wanting to progressing too fast, or Amy trying to comfort Sheldon by suppressing her needs. And if it was the latter, combined with last season Amy hinting sex&Sheldon not getting it. There really are some problems regarding coitus between them.

And indeed Shamy should have a honest discussion about coitus back in s9. But we didn't get that, did we. Now it's season 10, so the problem continues. 

21 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think this conversation is different from the one they had in the Prom Episode. Back then, Amy was reassuring Sheldon after a panic attack, and he had explicitly said to her that the idea of coitus at that point was still scary for him. The discussion in this episode is completely Amy's idea. I think she needs some time to get used to the new situation (she has never lived with someone before) as well as Sheldon does, but from the conversation it looked like he was pretty much ok with whatever arrangements they would have agreed on in the bed, even if of course he is grateful to have some pressure off. Anyway, the fact they are going to "reconsider" the whole thing after they get more comfortable with each other might be a hint that finally the writers are going to forget the "next birthday" line.

Yes that's what I think too !!!! 

Oh man I can't wait to see this episode :) 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think this conversation is different from the one they had in the Prom Episode. Back then, Amy was reassuring Sheldon after a panic attack, and he had explicitly said to her that the idea of coitus at that point was still scary for him. The discussion in this episode is completely Amy's idea. I think she needs some time to get used to the new situation (she has never lived with someone before) as well as Sheldon does, but from the conversation it looked like he was pretty much ok with whatever arrangements they would have agreed on in the bed, even if of course he is grateful to have some pressure off. Anyway, the fact they are going to "reconsider" the whole thing after they get more comfortable with each other might be a hint that finally the writers are going to forget the "next birthday" line.

I think we have to see how it plays out. Because Sheldon asking "are you OK with it" sounds like him not wanting to disappoint Amy. It just reminds me a lot of the prom episode's "But were you hoping we would because it's prom?". So I'll have to see how it goes in the episode.

• Like 2

I am IN LoVE with the backside heat line.... Ok dude her hot ass will get him horny!!! I am seriously loving this episode so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I didn't know it was possible to love this couple more.

Seriously!! This episode is everything!! And so much groundwork laid for great comedy and character growth!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7