[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

2 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

If her harp is not damaged and it ends up in 4B whose going to carry it up all those stairs?

They somehow managed to 'carry' Penny's wardrobe (shelf? Not sure) up there in season 1, so the harp shouldn't be any trouble. :icon_cheesygrin:

BTW: Just realized that it's Saturday already! Time really flies when you're having fun! :wink: And that means: Season premiere in two days and next taping in three days! :danced:

Big question: Time jump or not? Cannot wait to find out!!

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can see her holding off moving stuff into 4B unless it looks like something more permanent, that would be the realistic and logical thing to do imo. Though this is a sitcom so it wouldn't be hard for them to move some stuff in even if it's temporary and it could provide comedy and some interesting variables into the experiment.

And whilst I think them living together will end up being permanent, I still don't think it's set in stone that they end up in 4B yet. There are a lot of questions marks and pro's and con's not only for both couples but the show itself on where they end up living.

Edited by Jonny83

9 minutes ago, Jonny83 said:

I can see her holding off moving stuff into 4B unless it looks like something more permanent, that would be the realistic thing to do imo. Though this is a sitcom so it wouldn't be hard for them to move some stuff in even if it's temporary and it could provide comedy and some interesting variables into the experiment.

And whilst I think them living together will end up being permanent, I still don't think it's set in stone that they end up in 4B yet. There are a lot of questions marks and pro's and con's not only for both couples but the show itself on where they end up living.

I think they can play a little bit with it; I guess the damages to Amy's apartment are pretty serious, since five weeks are needed to fix them and it would be plausible she has to move her stuff during renovations, either in storage or, for the most valuable things, in 4B. That could make that place a bit crowded, and create some comic situations.. Anyway, after we saw it again at Lenny's redo, I would love to see Amy's harp in 4B, until the experiment lasts. I really can't imagine right now how the LA will be settled at the end, and who's gonna end up in 4A. TBH, I'm still in shock about the fact that Sheldon has decided (albeit temporarily) to stay away from his couch. So at this point everything is possible for me!

7 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I think they can play a little bit with it; I guess the damages to Amy's apartment are pretty serious, since five weeks are needed to fix them and it would be plausible she has to move her stuff during renovations, either in storage or, for the most valuable things, in 4B. That could make that place a bit crowded, and create some comic situations.. Anyway, after we saw it again at Lenny's redo, I would love to see Amy's harp in 4B, until the experiment lasts. I really can't imagine right now how the LA will be settled at the end, and who's gonna end up in 4A. TBH, I'm still in shock about the fact that Sheldon has decided (albeit temporarily) to stay away from his couch. So at this point everything is possible for me!

Yeah they can play about with it, for example I can just imagine the comedy and light hearted arguments over furniture that they will have. Wherever they end up living Amy will want some of her stuff in their place of residence. Or maybe if some of it is damaged it could give them an excuse to go shopping for furniture at some point again more potential for some comedy.

I hope we get at least one more episode exploring this living experiment but that depends on any time jump.

Oh yes, mirs1 ! Leaving aside the complications involved in the RL moving and installing of a harp, Sheldon doesn't like it. It would be fun to see his reaction if the harp appeared and Amy wanted to play it. Or Amy's reaction if there was an enormous whiteboard in the way and she couldn't get to the harp. I daresay Sheldon wouldn't like it if a monkey or a lab mouse was brought home either.

That place is too small for two adults as it is.  I can see Sheldon accidentally sitting on knitting or quilting and longing for his spot. He's going to have to buy a house if he hasn't secretly already done so. Then, just when they think they can cope in 4B for the short time they've planned on, I bet somebody will complain Penny is subletting.

33 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

18 hours ago, jenafan said:

Penny's apartment is like locking the two of them together in a room and forcing them to deal with issues they've avoided in their relationship.  There is no where to run and hide.  I think it is important to Sheldon to be convinced that Amy can put up with him.   It is important to Amy to have a "real" relationship with everything that goes into it and know that Sheldon is 100% on board.

For some reason this kinda stuck with me over night, probably because I have such a soft spot for that trope.

But yeah, you're right, it kind is like locking them into a room and forcing them to deal with each other. And it's just the rainbow sprinkles on this sundae that is Sheldon suggesting 4B. It's not just the more intimate option in that they have to share a bed and have a bit more privacy, but it's a testament on how much he's invested in their future together. He wants this to work. He has several easy outs already in this episode but he refuses to quit and more importantly he won't let Amy quit either.

A year ago he was blindsided by Amy having had "reservations about their relationship", as he put it, and made all too aware of his own short comings. But he's been working on himself and on his attitude towards their relationship and they've made some great progress because of that. I remember us noticing last season that he seemed to pose some sort of challenges for himself ("is this the year he'll finally touch the innards of a pumpkin?" or something like that) and I think this cohabitation experiment is something in the same vein. I think he wants to prove not just to himself but also Amy that he can be the man he wants to be, to go back to his Spiderman speech from years ago.

And I have no doubt this experiment will have some growing pains, even beyond Amy having trouble sleeping. I'm sure they'll fight plenty about some silly nonsense like most couples do when they have to adjust their daily routines after moving in together. But as we know make-up make outs are part of the deal now as well so they'll be fine. LOL

Edited by April

5 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

That place is too small for two adults as it is.  I can see Sheldon accidentally sitting on knitting or quilting and longing for his spot. He's going to have to buy a house if he hasn't secretly already done so. Then, just when they think they can cope in 4B for the short time they've planned on, I bet somebody will complain Penny is subletting.

I guess that this is a problem connected with the premises of the show; neither 4A or 4B are suitable for couples, and most likely the creators of the show never imagined 10 years ago that at some point they would have had two couples to fit in those spaces. Anyway, I don't see any change in the main sets, so no big houses in good neighborhoods for Lenny or Shamy in the near future. Molaro has very recently said that until the characters will hang out in 4A living room "it will always feel like the show " (which is a great improvement with respect to his previous interviews on the subject) and that the show always feels like the show is the main worry the writers have. My guess is that at some point one of the couples settles in 4A, the other in 4B and any concern about how unlikely is for them to be comfortable in such apartments will be hidden under the rug, it's a sit-com after all. TBQH, I don't know how I would like a change on the main sets, for me really 4A living room in the center of the show, TBBT with the guys hanging out somewhere else would not feel the same for me, too.

I think some of you are jumping way ahead of yourselves with what stuff (harp) Amy's going to bring with her.  Realistically, it's only for 5 weeks and she's only going to bring what she NEEDS in those 5 weeks.  She can go without her harp for that long and seriously, would any of you want to lug that thing up 4-5 flights of stairs for just 5 weeks into an apartment that really has no room for it?  Realistically, she'll move whatever she's not taking with her to either storage or to her mothers place until her apartment is repaired.  

I also think April's scenario will play out.  At the end of 5 weeks, everything will go back to normal but not for very long.  I do eventually see the guys (minus Sheldon) hauling that harp up the stairs with Sheldon of course supervising and giving orders when Amy moves in for good.

32 minutes ago, Kathy2611 said:

I think some of you are jumping way ahead of yourselves with what stuff (harp) Amy's going to bring with her.  Realistically, it's only for 5 weeks and she's only going to bring what she NEEDS in those 5 weeks.  She can go without her harp for that long and seriously, would any of you want to lug that thing up 4-5 flights of stairs for just 5 weeks into an apartment that really has no room for it?  Realistically, she'll move whatever she's not taking with her to either storage or to her mothers place until her apartment is repaired.  

Yeah, you may be right about jumping way ahead about Amy s stuff but we need something to entertain us as we wait for the whole episode  on screen, lol! :wink:

Monday is almost there and as soon as we see Sheldon to say Leonards father that he calms down (soft version of what he said lol) and say Amy is HIS, it will be officially  open The shamy living arrangememts escalation, for our pleasure! :)

I believe that wont be enough the amount of Sheldon s underwear pieces he packed, as he ' d want a extra time to these 5 weaks, for specific la tests. And Amy might buy a few clothes, but may be forgetting the nightgowns and get used to Sheldon s t-shirts, lol!

Forscience! :grin:

Have a great Saturday :)

Edited by spidergirl

On 9/6/2016 at 1:49 PM, Jonny83 said:

I'm excited about episode 4 and the prospect of potentially having our first heavy Shamy plot of the season. Big Bear was the last time we really had something pretty substantial (though one could make a strong case that Solder Diversion Excursion was the real last time as the main plots in Big Bear were more about Penny's job issue/Leonard's hidden bank account and the Howardette Baby storyline) so we are overdue a bit.

Of course we may get nothing lol but with the re-do out the way and the Guidance system project kicked into the long grass so to speak I remain cautiously optimistic.

You weren't 'arf right !!!!

8 hours ago, joyceraye said:

You weren't 'arf right !!!!

It was a lucky/hopeful guess, but thanks!

You know we have the big three of coitus, engagement and living together? I honestly always thought that living arrangements would be the last brick wall to come down even though it perhaps made sense that living together first would be the most prudent thing to do. They could have easily had more intimacy without living together with sleepovers or just one night events and they could have even got engaged without living together with the actual wedding being the point when they finally make that step.

But the writers have stunned us (well they have definitely stunned me) and when you look at it all it makes just perfect sense. I have to applaud the writers for being brave enough to do this, we all know from all the various interviews both in print and in media form that they were very hesitant but it looks like they have took this time wisely and have come up with a clear plan to make it work. I think their efforts will be rewarded and I think this change will be well received by the viewership so they won't have to reverse it. As long as they keep 4A as still the main social gathering area and they hang out there the majority of time they will have no problems whatsoever.

The Shamy Trifecta is on ladies and gentlemen and I think we can get it all this season: a permanent living arrangement, more intimacy and then an engagement near of the end of the season just after we hear news that the show has been renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Believe!

believe.gif

Edited by Jonny83

1 hour ago, Jonny83 said:

When you blather as much as I do and do not have the eloquence that I admire in other posters on here sometimes a scatter gun approach gets it right lol. It was a lucky/hopeful guess, but thanks!

You know we have the big three of coitus, engagement and living together? I honestly always thought that living arrangements would be the last brick wall to come down even though it perhaps made sense that living together first would be the most prudent thing to do. They could have easily had more intimacy without living together with sleepovers or just one night events and they could have even got engaged without living together with the actual wedding being the point when they finally make that step.

But the writers have stunned us (well they have definitely stunned me) and when you look at it all it makes just perfect sense. I have to applaud the writers for being brave enough to do this, we all know from all the various interviews both in print and in media form that they were very hesitant but it looks like they have took this time wisely and have come up with a clear plan to make it work. I think their efforts will be rewarded and I think this change will be well received by the viewership so they won't have to reverse it. As long as they keep 4A as still the main social gathering area and they hang out there the majority of time they will have no problems whatsoever.

The Shamy Trifecta is on ladies and gentlemen and I think we can get it all this season: a permanent living arrangement, more intimacy and then an engagement near of the end of the season just after we hear news that the show has been renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Believe!

Me too! I thought that would have been their last step, mainly to keep the big three together as long as possible, LOL!! Now, this experiment might be just a temporarily thing, and most likely it will, but they are as a matter of fact living together right now; I like so much when the writers surprise me and do stuff in a so unexpected way. Early last season there was a thread, I think @MJistheBOMB created it, it was like a game where we had to guess the order of the three big Shamy milestones: coitus, engagement, living together. I got coitus right...but now I'm out of the game, LOL!!!

Edited by mirs1

54 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

Me too! I thought that would have been their last step, mainly to keep the big three together as long as possible, LOL!! Now, this experiment might be just a temporarily thing, and most likely it will, but they are as a matter of fact living together right now; I like so much when the writers surprise me and do stuff in a so unexpected way. Early last season there was a thread, I think @MJistheBOMB created it, it was like a game where we had to guess the order of the three big Shamy milestones: coitus, engagement, living together. I got coitus right...but now I'm out of the game

Yeah, I was out of the game after the first round. LOL.

22 hours ago, jenafan said:

I go back and forth on this.   When Amy referenced to Penny and Bernie that she knew what it was like for one thing to lead to another, I thought for sure that meant they had done it again or were doing it.   Maybe they did more than once on the initial night, and that is what she is referring to.   Who knows?

TPTB has been adamant that Sheldon meant what he said and that they have only done it the one time.  Amy agreed.   However, she has hinted that she is open to Sheldon changing his mind about waiting, which has appeared to get no bite from Sheldon.   Whenever she has referenced their time together, she only ever speaks of the one time. 

I feel her comment about coitus being off the table, was her way of telling Sheldon she was not going to try anything to coax him out of their agreement just because they will be sharing a bed.   At first, I thought it was for his benefit, but in reading the TR again, she seems to have taken it off the table for her own benefit as well.

Amy may not talk about the details of their intimate encounters, but I think she would surely let Penny and Bernie know that they are happening.  In addition, Sheldon talks to Penny.   If Penny were wrong in her statement, I think Sheldon would have corrected her facts, as he has done in the past.

My mindset since 9.11 has been Shamy hasn't had sex again BUT have been back on having make out sessions. Amy's admission to Bernie and Penny that she too "knows what that's like" when things get out of hand can go both ways depending on which camp you're in, but for me it just meant a kiss led to a heavy make out/petting session on the couch. When Sheldon drafted a contract for the guys to begin the work on their project, knowing how Sheldon loves contracts Penny turned to Amy and told her "You're gonna make out so hard tonight!"...the line for most folks would normally be "you're so gonna get laid tonight!" or something similar. I think Penny knew that they weren't having sex via conversations with Amy.

I agree 100% with you in that the girls talk, and Amy keeps them up to date about things. No doubt Amy shared some intimate talk with them after 9.11 and Penny "under the strictest confidence" no doubt shared it with Leonard who then shared it with the guys--which would explain why Raj told the guys in the comic store (during the Vegas trip plan) that taking a break from Sheldon would be good as long as it didn't end with sex with him lol. They all knew it did with Amy and Sheldon. Sheldon probably doesn't speak of it much, as evidenced by his reaction to Amy mentioning it at Big Bear, but like you said Amy will talk even if it's in generalities.

5 hours ago, 2L344 said:

My mindset since 9.11 has been Shamy hasn't had sex again BUT have been back on having make out sessions. Amy's admission to Bernie and Penny that she too "knows what that's like" when things get out of hand can go both ways depending on which camp you're in, but for me it just meant a kiss led to a heavy make out/petting session on the couch. When Sheldon drafted a contract for the guys to begin the work on their project, knowing how Sheldon loves contracts Penny turned to Amy and told her "You're gonna make out so hard tonight!"...the line for most folks would normally be "you're so gonna get laid tonight!" or something similar. I think Penny knew that they weren't having sex via conversations with Amy.

I agree 100% with you in that the girls talk, and Amy keeps them up to date about things. No doubt Amy shared some intimate talk with them after 9.11 and Penny "under the strictest confidence" no doubt shared it with Leonard who then shared it with the guys--which would explain why Raj told the guys in the comic store (during the Vegas trip plan) that taking a break from Sheldon would be good as long as it didn't end with sex with him lol. They all knew it did with Amy and Sheldon. Sheldon probably doesn't speak of it much, as evidenced by his reaction to Amy mentioning it at Big Bear, but like you said Amy will talk even if it's in generalities.

On a side note I remember reading some debate and discussion on the forum when Penny made that comment about them making out so hard in that episode after the contract was penned. Because we hadn't actually seen or heard much about any minor or major physical activity between them since pretty much 9x11 there was speculation that Penny was perhaps being sarcastic or nasty by saying that but clearly they do still make out and I suspect they have for ages its simply we just don't see it just like in this episode lol. But a mention/reminder is enough for me, I just can't wait to see that part of the episode as well. 

#ForScience a rare shock PDA would be nice imo but not essential. Though actually when you think about it you don't actually see much PDA going on anyway on this show, most of it tends to be private stuff and not in the vicinity of their friends, even Lenny publicly don't do as much as you think on that front and Howardette barely any.

Edited by Jonny

16 hours ago, A Shamy gal said:

What will Amy's mother say about her living with a man for five weeks?  Come to think about it what will Sheldon's mother say about it as well?

Let's not pull at those threads lol

12 hours ago, Jonny said:

Yeah they can play about with it, for example I can just imagine the comedy and light hearted arguments over furniture that they will have. Wherever they end up living Amy will want some of her stuff in their place of residence. Or maybe if some of it is damaged it could give them an excuse to go shopping for furniture at some point again more potential for some comedy.

I hope we get at least one more episode exploring this living experiment but that depends on any time jump.

It's like the argument about that ugly Roy Rogers wagon-wheel coffee table in "When Harry Met Sally" lol!

14 hours ago, Kathy2611 said:

I also think April's scenario will play out.  At the end of 5 weeks, everything will go back to normal but not for very long.  I do eventually see the guys (minus Sheldon) hauling that harp up the stairs with Sheldon of course supervising and giving orders when Amy moves in for good.

I am 100% in agreement here.   Sheldon called 4B a "neutral" location for a reason.   If they bring anything into the apartment, it will be what they need to get by in those weeks; toiletries, basics, minor recreational items.    Basically, anything they would need if they were going on a long vacation and staying in a hotel or cabin.   Do I see Sheldon's white board or a train showing up?  Maybe.   Perhaps Amy will bring some knitting, a book, or something.   However, I think the furniture and harp will wait until they decide on a permanent move.    At such a time, maybe Sheldon will find another strapping lad in the Home Depot parking lot to assist.

It sounds like Amy needs a new wardrobe.   I am curious if Penny, Bernadette, and/or Sheldon will have any influence on her choices.    I think it would be nice to see her experiment with some of her attire, to try new things.

Edited by jenafan

19 hours ago, joyceraye said:

Oh yes, mirs1 ! Leaving aside the complications involved in the RL moving and installing of a harp, Sheldon doesn't like it. It would be fun to see his reaction if the harp appeared and Amy wanted to play it. Or Amy's reaction if there was an enormous whiteboard in the way and she couldn't get to the harp. I daresay Sheldon wouldn't like it if a monkey or a lab mouse was brought home either.

I thought Sheldon didn't mind the harp anymore or at least that was the impression I got when he told Bernadette he enjoyed watching Amy's hands move along  as if playing when listening to harp music.

4 hours ago, jenafan said:

It sounds like Amy needs a new wardrobe.   I am curious if Penny, Bernadette, and/or Sheldon will have any influence on her choices.    I think it would be nice to see her experiment with some of her attire, to try new things.

Agree. It would  be great chances of funny scenes and if we had the opportunity of see Sheldon's reaction would be a blast!

However I 'd like Amy didnt change her style too much, it is great how she is a kind of symbol that  women dont need a fabulous weardrobe for be lovely and beautiful and she is. She is very quirky but she  is also inteligent as hell and has a understanble side of her heart that is gold. Sheldon couldnt ever resist, and he tried hard, lol!, for falling in love with her .

I love Amy s hair in "Celebration experimentation" and "Solder excursion" though. Crossing fingers for her hair could look like it often this season.

1 hour ago, spidergirl said:

Agree. It would  be great chances of funny scenes and if we had the opportunity of see Sheldon's reaction would be a blast!

However I 'd like Amy didnt change her style too much, it is great how she is a kind of symbol that  women dont need a fabulous weardrobe for be lovely and beautiful and she is. She is very quirky but she  is also inteligent as hell and has a understanble side of her heart that is gold. Sheldon couldnt ever resist, and he tried hard, lol!, for falling in love with her .

I love Amy s hair in "Celebration experimentation" and "Solder excursion" though. Crossing fingers for her hair could look like it often this season.

I love what they did with Amy's hair last season also. It started I guess with ON and from there on in almost all the "special" occasions she had more curled hair. So much so that, when in some promo pictures or IG photos on set we saw that Amy had that hair-style, we thought that could be a good "Shamy" episode...and usually we were right, LOL!!! I hope they can keep this tradition also this year!

I think the custom department is so good with Amy, she has her "style" and she sticks on it, but they can also find the right outfit for the right moment, like her night gown in ON, her bridesmaid dresses, the Prom dress. I like the fact that Amy likes how she looks, she really doesn't care about other people's expectations about dresses, she is just proud to show her bargains in garage sales and her bad taste in combining colors. She is so unique...

Well the writers and stylists have given themselves the option to tinker her wardrobe a bit if they should want to as the storyline is now in place for them. But i don't think they will as Amy's style of comfort or function over aesthetics is legendary, though if those beige orthopedic shoes should somehow perish in the flooding then that would be fine by me :wink: (judging from Mayim's instagram they are very much intact lol).

Sheldon loves her style largely because it reminds him of his precious Meemaw but I also think he probably admires that she doesn't bend to fashion conformity or trends. Sheldon is quite similar in that he has his style and he goes with it, though he did much improve his jacket/trousers/suits and they have been on point for a while.

You can add me to the list of fans that liked her subtle change in hairstyle towards the middle to end of last season.

Edited by Jonny

15 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

To paraphrase WW.

Guys, it's just a TV Show.

If other posters want to be excited by the titular couple of this thread, they are allowed as that is one of the purposes of the thread.  Please keep your comments directed at the show, not at other posts or posters. And  please keep your comments supportive.