[Spoilers] Shamy: Season 10

Tensor

On 9/17/2016 at 10:22 AM, Jonny said:

It was a lucky/hopeful guess, but thanks!

You know we have the big three of coitus, engagement and living together? I honestly always thought that living arrangements would be the last brick wall to come down even though it perhaps made sense that living together first would be the most prudent thing to do. They could have easily had more intimacy without living together with sleepovers or just one night events and they could have even got engaged without living together with the actual wedding being the point when they finally make that step.

But the writers have stunned us (well they have definitely stunned me) and when you look at it all it makes just perfect sense. I have to applaud the writers for being brave enough to do this, we all know from all the various interviews both in print and in media form that they were very hesitant but it looks like they have took this time wisely and have come up with a clear plan to make it work. I think their efforts will be rewarded and I think this change will be well received by the viewership so they won't have to reverse it. As long as they keep 4A as still the main social gathering area and they hang out there the majority of time they will have no problems whatsoever.

The Shamy Trifecta is on ladies and gentlemen and I think we can get it all this season: a permanent living arrangement, more intimacy and then an engagement near of the end of the season just after we hear news that the show has been renewed for at least 2 more seasons. Believe!

believe.gif

nice x-files gif (from deep throat-- a great episode!!!) 

i'm calling an engagement at the end of season 10 (we will most likely get a season 11 but even if we don't that would be a beautiful ending to the series)

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Jonny said:

Season 10 finally on television! (well not yet for me lol, probably a month or so).

Looking forward to checking out shamy-edits tomorrow to see the Shamy scenes.

Hehe, that's exactly what I'll be doing, too!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, kerrycec03 said:

Happy Premiere Day!! Season 10 has so much potential for our babies!!!

#forscience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Premiere Day!! Season 10 has so much potential for our babies!!!

#forscience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed! Cant wait to see their dynamic as everythig we have read in tp happen on tv screen :wub:

#Forscience

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Radar said:

Happy Premiere Day!

I know this sounds silly, but I just looked at the Lenny wedding picture again and the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw Amy was: WOW, she's gonna look so beautiful on her wedding day! :wub:

And so happy for Lenny! They finally get the wedding they deserve - all the crazy family interaction included. Because that's part of a real wedding, too! :wink:

I know what you mean, I have thought same thing. It 's symptom of shamygoodness disease! A healthy disease , course! :wink:

I am so happy for lenny too. Finnaly I can feel they may be more happy together, especially with what is coming for their LA. And more comedy situations will be aboard, tbbt spirit all alive and kicking  :wub:

Edited by spidergirl
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Judith said:

Penny's line threw me off at first

Which line would that be?

5 hours ago, Radar said:

I know this sounds silly, but I just looked at the Lenny wedding picture again and the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw Amy was: WOW, she's gonna look so beautiful on her wedding day! :wub: 

I don't think it's silly at all.

• Like 1

I love Amy's line, 'It's hotter than it sounds.' She always talks Sheldon up in front of other people.

And yet he was so rude to her in the car taking Mary home. I hope she manages to learn Mary's technique. :) I'm looking forward to seeing instances of it from now on. Much more fun than ' Sheldon - what did you do ? ' .

• Like 7

I thought Amy looked extremely beautiful in her purple dress.   Between that and the dress she wore for her date with "his name whom we won't mention", I don't know which is my favorite.   However, purple is a very flattering color on her.   I hope Sheldon thinks so as well, although he doesn't really pay attention to such things.

• Like 8

Not a lot of Shamy in this episode...Anyway, I liked very much Amy's excitement over the wedding and her looks. I think Mayim perfectly summed it up in her BTS article on Grok Nation

http://groknation.com/hollywood/the-big-bang-theory-is-back-the-conjugal-conjecture/

She was sweet and awkward at the same time, she looked like a teen that has just start to use make up and to dress as a grown up. That was very sweet...I liked also  to see her harp back, last season it was just a prop in her apartment, it's good that she got to play it. The line about Sheldon's genitals being a sight to behold sounded even funnier than I thought, the way Jim delivered his line "Oh, it is a joy to behold my genitals" was brilliant, I laughed out loud to Amy's dirty talk...'cause that was Sheldon repeating word by word Amy's reaction to his genitals and nobody can convince me otherwise, LOL! Jelly Shelly is always one of my favourite, and I liked also that in a way Amy's acknowledged that the first years of their relationship, even with their glacial pace, were "hotter than it sounds". 

And now...the sore points...Amy thinking Sheldon's was going to propose and the car scene at the end of the episode.The former played on screen better than I thought (as it happened with the three way wedding, TBQH). Amy really wants to get married, doesn't she? Anyway, the misunderstanding was very soon resolved and her reaction to the "disappointment" was to me  much more a "what was I thinking?!?" than something more serious that can hurt the relationship. Sheldon was kind of rude to her in the car, good thing that his mother shut him down. I liked, anyway, that Mary's ways didn't worked for Amy. She has to find her own way to handle these unsettling moments with Sheldon, he was right at least in saying she is not his mother and they have to find their own solutions to get along. If the experiment lasts at least another episode (we will find out soon enough, a new episode is coming our in few hours, hurrah!!!) it will be interesting how cohabitation is influencing their way to communicate.

Edited by mirs1
  • Like 7

22 minutes ago, mirs1 said:

I liked, anyway, that Mary's ways didn't worked for Amy. She has to find her own way to handle these unsettling moments with Sheldon, he was right at least in saying she is not his mother and they have to find their own solutions to get along. 

Agree. In fact that's the only thing about the scene that didn't make me uncomfortable. I like that Shamy will communicate with each other like partners, instead of mother and son. I just hope they can find the way soon lol.

• Like 1